Escape to Neverland - A new Tagliarchy adventure!!

Hi all!

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Disneyland staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a blast. My DH seems 'done' with Disney and he thinks the kids were kind of bored with it too. I thought it was delightful :)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hi all!

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Disneyland staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a blast. My DH seems 'done' with Disney and he thinks the kids were kind of bored with it too. I thought it was delightful :)

Hope all is well with everyone!

glad your home and the trip was delightful.. last year DH said the same thing.. he was done with Disney.. of course all i could think about was Adventures by Disney here we come.. LOL so I have 2 Disney cruises booked one to alaska and one with Ibounce for her bday plus MNSSHP and food and wine, so ABD will have to wait until the next year.. although i was reallly tempted to book the one in July that pete was going on.. but since I wanna go back to WDW in Sept or oct.. I can't do everything...

or can I???:rolleyes:

Been busy here... picked up Geoff late last week.. he looks great and still loves the school.. he'll leave on Friday getting to his new scout camp.. staff week is first to get the camp ready and then the scouts start camping and having fun..His life is in Iowa.. gf is in Cedar Rapids ..so he is hanging with old friends and waiting to go back home..

I have been Meals on Wheels, SHIP and working at the Disney store so I have been busy with 3 part time jobs.. no money but fun.. i do love working at TDS.. i love giving each guest some magic and pixie dust.. besides it is so much fun to talk Disney and hear about the trips that are coming up and give them a few pointers..
Today I worked in the kitchen and then drove a MOW route.. I have done this route many times before so it was fine.. this one couple introduced themselves to me again, we chatted a bit and i played with the dog ( one of our jobs is talking to the folks that get the Meals, since many of them will not see anyone but us all week) .. as I got back into van, i thought about the nice part of dementia is that each day, each story is new and the people are new and exciting each and every day..better to think of the happy thoughts than the other ones..

Hi everyone. I've been so busy the last few months that by the time I sit down at the computer I either scrap or fall asleep on the keyboard. (Usually the latter and I've got the keyboard marks on my forehead to prove it.:lmao:)

Sophia just celebrated her 3rd birthday last month. Ian finished Pre-K. Boy time flies.

We took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge here in the area over the weekend. We all had a great time. They even upgraded our room because the original room they gave us was... occupied! OF and the kids walked in and found food on the bed and swimsuits in the bathroom. :eek: We ended up in a "Kids Kamp" room. The kids loved the bunk bed, especially Ian since he's not allowed to sleep on the top bunk in his room until he's 7.

Don't know the last time I posted here, but we've got a trip to WDW planned in August if anyone else is planning to go then. I think we're going to be there the 2nd week of the month. And then the biggie, PC cruise in January, with 2 days at DL after.

Well, I guess I should go make Ian's lunch for tomorrow. Gotta get him up and to camp bright and early. Just thought I'd finally stop by and check in after being MIA so long.

Greetings Taglikins!

Been very busy at work, and not much going on in 'real life'!

RRBB, I get on the Magic the day you get off, for the 2 day cruise to nowhere. I understand DCL only decided a couple of months ago to actually do a 2 day cruise instead of just sitting at the dock till the first Mexican Rivera cruise. Well, that puppy is pretty much sold out! It happens to be Peggy's birthday that weekend so I'd booked it then told her. Now we've added two more friends to the cabin and upgraded to a verandah. Should be a fun weekend!

Hugs to everyone! :grouphug:

:wave:

NC Beast had his 4-0 birthday (June 8). He took a couple of days off, but we did not go anywhere (needed to fix heat pump---low freon).

NC B.'s mom and our TX niece are flying to Ireland tonight (3 weeks). I get tired from just reading their trip plans.

If anyone is still around, Ohanafamily wanted me to let his Tagliarchy friends know his father passed away today. Though he was 80 years old, with lots of medical conditions, he was doing pretty well and this was totally unexpected.

OF is doing pretty well, all things considered. But after this initial shock wears off we'll see.

Robin, so sorry to hear of your father-in-law's passing. Please give extra hugs to Ohanafamily for me!:grouphug:

Our thread isn't super active mostly because a lot of us are over on facebook and keep in touch there.

:grouphug: David, we are so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. You, Robin, and the kids are in our thoughts.

Our thread isn't super active mostly because a lot of us are over on facebook and keep in touch there.

We don't facebook since NC B's employer frowns on its use---even on you rown equipment and time. Tell those who only FB--hi from us.

I am so sorry to hear the news. Give david a big hug from me. It is sad, did he still work in the store? Give my condolences to his mom.
Robin, u and the family are in my thoughts and prayers

Hi everyone, I know I have been gone for a long time!!!

It is just that I can't post from work anymore, and I am not in much of a state after the kids are in bed.....:confused3

I have been going to work, and/or keeping mom company since dad passed away. Explaining dad's passing to the kids was an interesting effort; DS thinks Grampa is on a planet further away than Pluto (BTW, We are firmly in support of Mickey's Dog at our home... He STILL HAS A PLANET NAMED AFTER HIM) The kids are both so cute, they will tell people that "Grampa Died".

How has this changed me? well, my work really hasn't changed; I am still sort of family but not informed management (for those of you who were around when I married RRBB, he didn't fix what he did to me...) I am more needed, so at least for the next while I will be around. I am going to focus on taking care of MOM. I need to stick around and make sure that she doesn't get depressed, lonesome, and stuffed into an old folks home. I also need to be at the office for security.

As far as me personally, I haven't really had the time to mourn. I think it will hit me while we are in WDW on the week of the 8th. I am making a conscious effort to call my parents friends by their first name.

Let's see, others effects on me; my brothers have control of most things work/family (other than my household) related; I am still paying for things that the estate should pay for personally. I am not in control of the funds.

I am still on my strange diet, and I came down with a nasty croupy cough after the funeral...Trying to get better...

At any rate, I just want to give all of you a big hug!!!!!!

Sorry for the ramble, but I just wanted to talk....

As I tell my DS and DD "Sweet Dreams, Happy Dreams!!!!!"

:figment:

So glad to hear from you! And feel free to come here and ramble any time.:grouphug:

Our thread isn't as active as it used to be, partially because many of us keep in touch via facebook. If you kids still have my phone number, feel free to call any time.

Hopefully your visit with Mickey will give you some relief from all you've been going through, I know it works for me! Give Robin and the kids a hug, tell the kids it's a hug from Micke's friends!

:grouphug: David---NC Beast's dad passed away just over a year ago and it was a tough year at times. 2 of the older brothers and a non-family financial advisor had taken care of most of his estate details. MIL has been travelling a lot in the past year. She is now into doing skype and starting to get into planning the big family cruise in December to see if we like changing some traditions. NC B. calls her weekly on Sundays and sometimes during the week too. MIL likes to be independent still (kept the apartment, ocean condo, timeshare weeks). MIL has also been a great support to one of her nieces who became a widow last Christmas and her young son (her hubby died in a one-car accident...days before Christmas). NC Beast likes to watch a dvd that the oldest brother created from family photos that was played at the various wakes/after-services. I think our 10 year-old niece is still taking it hard, but she is handling it better now. She sleeps with one of his hankerchiefs and tends the garden that once was his pride and joy.

We don't facebook since NC B's employer does not want its employeees (at least on certain accounts) to be on there.

PM me if you would like our e-mail address/phone numbers if you want to chat.

Hey guys!

Just got the message RRBB sent out about OF's dad. I am so sorry. It is so hard to loose a parent. Hugs to you and your family.

Like Jackie said, I see a lot of people on FB. Let us know if you all have a page over there.

Hugs to all of my buds here.

Hi all, Back from WDW, am a little happier, but the August heat is horrible!

I have come to a lot of terms with my dad, and I just have to say that regardless of anything else, I loved him and will continue to miss him. The thing about unrequinted love is that it gets a little painful when the person you love doesn't want to appear to love you back, and is incapable of showing it.

Hugs to you all,
See you soon.
:figment:

welcome back..

loosing a parent is extremely difficult.. dont rush the feelings of sadness or lose.. the next year will be hard for the whole family, then is will always be there but not a raw..

(hugs)

For those celebrating this week, from my family to yours...
LShanah-TT-20100907-800-1-1.jpg

Now, gotta get kids to their swim lessons then rush home and bathe them so we can get to cousin's house for family dinner tonight.

PERFECT! :thumbsup2
And thanks.

Now I wonder if I'm pronouncing it correctly?

LaShanna (like a girl's name)

Toe Vah

:confused3

When I said it to a co-worker today, I didn't get laughed at, at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter