• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape to Neverland - A new Tagliarchy adventure!!

Huhhh! I just got back to this thread and noticed the post that I wrote a few days ago didn't actually post (I had laptop issues, but I have a new one now!)

Slo I hope you are feeling better health wise and that your treatments are successful.

NCBelle A cruise sounds fun, where are you thinking of going? Our best friends asked how we felt about cruises at the weekend. The words Christmas and Disney Dream came up in the conversation!!

I have had a little good news lately. As you know over the last 3 years work has been very stressful, we have had lots of inspections and observations etc. Well to day we found out that as a result of all that we have been asked to be used as a lead school in several areas. This means other schools and teachers will be sent to our school to see good practice and for us to help them and give advice. County have asked me to consider becoming a lead maths teacher, this means other teachers from all over the county would come and watch my lessons as a model of good practice and I would give advice to them. It is quite an honour to be asked to consider this, usually people ask if they can be considered for this role and are not recommended!!

I hope everyone else is having a good week.

Huhhh! I just got back to this thread and noticed the post that I wrote a few days ago didn't actually post (I had laptop issues, but I have a new one now!)

Slo I hope you are feeling better health wise and that your treatments are successful.

NCBelle A cruise sounds fun, where are you thinking of going? Our best friends asked how we felt about cruises at the weekend. The words Christmas and Disney Dream came up in the conversation!!

I have had a little good news lately. As you know over the last 3 years work has been very stressful, we have had lots of inspections and observations etc. Well to day we found out that as a result of all that we have been asked to be used as a lead school in several areas. This means other schools and teachers will be sent to our school to see good practice and for us to help them and give advice. County have asked me to consider becoming a lead maths teacher, this means other teachers from all over the county would come and watch my lessons as a model of good practice and I would give advice to them. It is quite an honour to be asked to consider this, usually people ask if they can be considered for this role and are not recommended!!

I hope everyone else is having a good week.

MIL nixed the Wonder---too pricey and the dates didn't work. My MIL/2 sis-in-laws are looking at Western Caribbean cruises that has the Caymans Islands as a stop since the Texas son/wife is celebrating 20 years of marriage plus they met when they worked there for a short time for a hotel chain.
I hope to go on the Dream next year if our budget allows---a double dip cruise on our 15th anniversary sounds nice.

Congrats the continued successes!

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. I have not been DISing much lately. Probably post funk from my dream WDW trip in Oct.

On a lark I booked a trip to DL for the end of May.

The price at DLH seemed too good to pass up. (we have stayed at the GC and off site at HOJO, Desert Inn, Camelot (formerly Park Inn International), Best Western Park Inn and the Tropicana). Then I saw some spotty reporting the Disneyland Hotel. I sure hope it is a great experience.

I know ibouncetoo is headed off for a wonderful Disney Cruise experience soon, but what is everyone else up to?

Hi everyone..

I haven't been here much.. but..whats new??

Geoff was home for spring break, he didn't get the RA job for next year, so he is going to work for real money at the BSA camp in IA. Eric is working at Legoland. Spent all Tues night in the ER with Eric as he cut his chin pole vaulting. He got stiches, a badge of honor I think...

Speaking of cruise, since iBounce is leaving on Sat for the Magical cruise to the Med, DH and I am booked with her and her friends and relations on the 11/6/2011 4 night cruise on the Dream.. gonna be a large group of Dissers... anyone else???

Hello Taglikins!

Well 12 hours from now my BIL picks me up to take me to the airport and I'm off on my transatlantic adventure! :woohoo:

You all stay out of trouble till I get back.

Gefric, I'm so glad we are FINALLY cruising together. I think we'll be adding a couple of staterooms for assorted family wil we are on the ship.

Anybody else wanna play for 4 days on the Dream with us?

:wave:

Ibouncetoo--- have a great trip!

BlueBayou--DL in May sounds fun. I keep hoping to plan a trip there, but every time...something pops up.

Geffric--- I hope Geoff heals well. The podcast board has an upcoming Chicago meet for April 18...sounds like fun. We can't go.(http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419885)

We are cruising in December, most likely, Carnival cruiseline, and either a Florida port or out of Texas. I was hoping for the Wonder, but the quotes are a bit too pricey.

I hope to plan a trip next for the Dream (considering a double dip in July for our 15th anniversary), but November cruise would be more budget friendly (plus a little over a week from my last thirty something b-day).

We may have to delay our trip to Texas since airfare is a bit high for a short trip. Our Texas nephew is graduating, but he will be attending college in Houston/staying at home for now. The graduating Maryland nephew has not announced what he plans to do afterwards. I am not sure on our graduation gifts for the guys yet. We may do small gifts for now and another gift once they have a better idea on their fall schooling needs (or other).

I hope that our NC tax refund is released soon (been a month---could be as late as May and it is a smaller refund than it has been). It would come in handy for airfare or other projects. I keep hoping for some great Dings and other deals.

ibouncetoo I hope you have a wonderful cruise and that you enjoy your time my side of the pond. Have fun in London!!

Bluebayou Have a fab time at Disneyland. Pete and I were talking about going back there in a few years time once the DCA upgrade has been completed.

NCBelle I hope you get your trips sorted and are able to go on the Dream for your anniversary.

Well what is new here? My SIL had a baby on Easter Sunday, princess: a girl named Olivia Beth. We got a phone call from my BIL last Saturday asking us to go to their house on Sunday (a 2 1/2 hour drive away) to watch my nephew, so we got to see her when she was a few hours old. She is very good. My nephew was so good when he met her, but now he has realised that she is going to be at his house all the time and is not just visiting!! Next week I am off work so we will be able to visit her again.

Well better get ready and go to work. I am supposed to be on holiday this week as well, but I have to go in to do extra tuition with the kids who have exams in a few weeks time. Oh well!!

Hi all!! :wave2:

I haven't been on here in FOREVER either :blush:

Between computer issues, and being busy, I just don't have time.
I do go on facebook, because that is such a nice quick thing.
You can do a quick "like" and your done :teeth:

I gotta run and get Kate up for school
Have a great day!!! :wave:

Thanks for the tip Belle, I signed up for the meet. Still wish I could do the cruise with the podcast crew but lack of time and money. I am still at DS so getting time at xmas is not gonna happpen.

Hi everyone. I know it's been quite a while since was last around here. I barely get on the DIS much these days. Whenever I sit down at the computer it's usually to check email or work on digital scrapbooking. But that only happens between the time I drop the kids off at their respective schools - I drop Ian off at his by 7:45a, go home to get Sophia, and get her to school around 8:45a or so - and the time I pick them up which varies depending on the day of the week. I can't believe there's less than 2 months left of this school year. Both kids have had a great year, though.

Spring has definitely arrived here in North Texas. Just ask Ian and his nose. Poor thing has had swollen, itchy eyes for over a week now and sneezing constantly for the last couple days, even with allergy meds. And to think, the day spring officially began we got our fifth - yes that's 5th - snow of the season here.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter and/or Passover.

I'll try to get back here more often to get caught up with everyone. But for now it's lights out for me, gotta get up early in the morning to take the kids to an activity then see grandma before she heads off to Europe.

Hey everyone! I miss everybody posting here.

Hope all is well. We are moving forward with our trip planning for our DL trip at the end of May. We will be staying onsite at the Disneyland Hotel. It's getting mixed reviews - but I have always wanted to stay there.

We are also taking the train. That is something we have also wanted to try. It's going to be an adventure!

Danauk--- congratulations on the new niece! :thumbsup2

ibounce are you back yet???

:cheer2:Welcome home Ibouncetoo---hope that you time adjusted okay and an easier transition back to "normal" life. Can't wait to hear your stories/reviews!

BlueBayou--can't wait to hear about your DL trip plans/reviews!

We keep on changing our future travel plans. I think MIL is booking the families to an after Christmas Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival out of Tampa. I wish it was Disney, but timing and costs were not right.

Yes, I'm home safe and sound...well, not too sound, jet lagged and gimpy!

Had a wonderful time and what cruise could start better than one with a hug and cheek kiss from Handsome Daniel the minute we walked on the ship?!!! :lovestruc

The trek home was drudgery and thank heaven my friend Monica requested wheel chair assistance for me at London and Dallas airports. I never would have made my connecting flight in Dallas if I'd had to walk between the two sections of the airport.

I'll upload photos this weekend and put them on facebook and will post a couple over here too.

Six days at sea was heaven and we had mostly good weather the whole time. Last two sea days were cool and it was great to sit on deck with a blanket and read or sleep.

One year till the next one!

Hi! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

I agreed to have two of my girls' friends spend the night. They are sisters that are in the same grade as my girls.

It is starting to get hot around here... but we have yet to break 100. The kids have been loving the pool - but it is still a tad cold for me.

We are still planning our trip to DL at the end of the month. I have yet to book any priority seatings yet. But we are getting excited about our first stay at the Disneyland Hotel.

We hit a weather record on friday---94.
The late night storms cool us down to 80s today.

BlueBayou---I hope that the sleepover went well. I hope that y'all have a great DL Hotel stay. Someday...we will go out west for a vacation.

BlueBayou---I hope that the sleepover went well. I hope that y'all have a great DL Hotel stay. Someday...we will go out west for a vacation.
I survived the sleepover!!! It was actually pretty smooth. The kids spent most of the time in the pool and then the oldest two slept out in the tent. The younger two were on the foldout couch in living room.

Sounds like you are feeling the heat out your way. It got up to 98 here yesterday and that felt a little too hot for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter