EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I think I need a passport.... are they easily found?

I think I need a passport.... are they easily found?

Usually there are boxes of passports near the registers at many of the kiosks, but I've seen the supply go low to non-existent from time to time. If an early priority is to get a passport, I'd recommend hitting the F&W Festival Center in the old Wonders of Life pavilion on your way over to World Showcase. The Festival Center has always had plenty of passports on hand at the information kiosk.

So excited, this will be our first trip during the Food and Wine!! There are 9 of us going, so I know we will have a blast.

Just watched the DIS Unplugged podcast of the 2014 F&W review AGAIN! (im)Patiently awaiting the release of the 2015 menus and seminars....:earboy2:

Anyone know if this year will be a booth from Puerto Rico? There was one in 2014, but I have not heard anything about it in 2015. I'm from Puerto Rico, and is my first time at F&W...would love to see my Country there.

I check out the 26th, so will be there on the first day of the Festival...I guess it will be crowded...

(Excuse my English... is not my first language:o)

Last edited:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked --- I didn't read through the whole thread. I was wondering if it is true that the festival has a "soft opening" (food booths up and running) on Wednesday and Thursday before the event officially opens? Thanks!

I'm sorry if this question has been asked --- I didn't read through the whole thread. I was wondering if it is true that the festival has a "soft opening" (food booths up and running) on Wednesday and Thursday before the event officially opens? Thanks!

Usually, just on Thursday. I've never seen the booths open on the Wednesday before Friday opening. Thursday the soft opening is technically for CMs to sample the foods but the booths are open to the public. They don't all get started at 11 am when the World Showcase opens but usually most are up and running by 2 pm on Thursday.

Usually, just on Thursday. I've never seen the booths open on the Wednesday before Friday opening. Thursday the soft opening is technically for CMs to sample the foods but the booths are open to the public. They don't all get started at 11 am when the World Showcase opens but usually most are up and running by 2 pm on Thursday.
Just what I needed to know! Thanks!!

Anyone know if this year will be a booth from Puerto Rico? There was one in 2014, but I have not heard anything about it in 2015. I'm from Puerto Rico, and is my first time at F&W...would love to see my Country there.

I check out the 26th, so will be there on the first day of the Festival...I guess it will be crowded...

(Excuse my English... is not my first language:o)
Hopefully since Disney built Puerto Rico their own beautiful themed pavilion they will return. I am hoping they will so that I can enjoy some conch!

Here is a link from a Puerto Rican newsouce where there is a hint to your country returning to Epcot in some way:

http://www.metro.pr/locales/puerto-...national-wine-food-fest/pGXnio!7kssZvfpUV4pc/

Fingers crossed...

¡Tener unas excelentes vacaciones! :earboy2:

Hopefully since Disney built Puerto Rico their own beautiful themed pavilion they will return. I am hoping they will so that I can enjoy some conch!

Here is a link from a Puerto Rican newsouce where there is a hint to your country returning to Epcot in some way:

http://www.metro.pr/locales/puerto-...national-wine-food-fest/pGXnio!7kssZvfpUV4pc/

Fingers crossed...

¡Tener unas excelentes vacaciones! :earboy2:

Thanks!!! First time at F&W...hope to see my Isla Bonita there!!!..

This will be my first F&W - we just decided on it and I went to book some restaurants and of course nearly everything is full - I was half expecting this - wondering if they add special items to the menus at each restaurant - and 1/2 thinking the opposite because of all the food booths - a full meal might be less fun.
Opinions? What do you all advise - prebook the couple of places that are open ( not my favs in general ) - or wing it at the booths?

For me it would depend upon how long you plan to be there. We usually book our favorites, one per day and then munch at the booths for our other meal...lunch or supper. If you only plan to be in Epcot for a day or two then I might wing it and enjoy the booths. A lot of the restaurants may not have dropped all of their possible ADRs into the system yet, so I would keep checking back for your favorites.

For me it would depend upon how long you plan to be there. We usually book our favorites, one per day and then munch at the booths for our other meal...lunch or supper. If you only plan to be in Epcot for a day or two then I might wing it and enjoy the booths. A lot of the restaurants may not have dropped all of their possible ADRs into the system yet, so I would keep checking back for your favorites.

I agree; we book one sit-down restaurant per every 2 days at EPCOT. So, if we are only there one day, we eat at the booths only, if we are there for two, we eat at the booths for one day, and then the next day there eat the booths for one main meal and book a ressie for one meal.

Thanks! That helps - we'll probably spend 4 days at Epcot of our 7. Glad to hear that some of the reservations are held back - I knew having less than 6 months ahead would be a problem with BOG and Le Cellier but I wasn't expecting some of the others that are reporting no availability! We're not on a dining plan so will need to spend carefully.
Do the restaurants change their menus at all for F&W?

Thanks! That helps - we'll probably spend 4 days at Epcot of our 7. Glad to hear that some of the reservations are held back - I knew having less than 6 months ahead would be a problem with BOG and Le Cellier but I wasn't expecting some of the others that are reporting no availability! We're not on a dining plan so will need to spend carefully.
Do the restaurants change their menus at all for F&W?

No, they don't.

The reason there is very little restaurant availability is that free dining tends to overlap F&W dates. The free dining folks snatched up the best reservations as soon as their window opened a few months ago.

FWIW, the only reservations I make are for breakfast. We prefer to eat at as many booths as possible for lunch and dinner, we split our days at the WS to maximize our time there at eat as much as possible without over indulging and ending up with a tummy ache.

Just book yesterday for end of Sept/Oct for a 2nd trip to F & W. DD & I went in 2013 & had a great time. We also scored the free dining but felt we didn't need a big meal at night if we had been eating all afternoon at festival. We are deciding that we might just do speciality restaurants this time that use 2 credits. Never booked so close to our travel dates....let the planning begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter