• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

You can pick up a free "passport" at a few locations in Epcot. The festival center is one - last year it was in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. There are other places where they're distributed, but I don't recall exactly where.

The passport has a page for each booth. When you visit the booth they have a stamp and you can get that page in your passport stamped. It was a little confusing for me as some booths had the stamps at the cash registers, and others had them where you pick up your food.

I think there was also space on the pages where you could write notes - maybe what you tried, what you liked, etc.

It's just a fun little thing to do.
I can't wait to get my passport! I'm planning on taking a pic of every cast member and turning it into a great momento of my trip!!!

There are Tables in Wonderland emails we are supposed to receive? How have I missed out on that. We have a current TIW membership. What to do about this? I need the info! :)

Here's the info from their website:

If you are a Tables in Wonderland member, and would like to receive email updates on our Special Events, please send your Tables in Wonderland Ticket Number, your first and last name, zip code, and e-mail address to:WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com. If you are not a Tables in Wonderland member yet and are joining soon, please give your email address to the Guest Relations Cast Member when purchasing your Tables in Wonderland card, in order to be added to the email list.

So this is interesting, in regards to the recent changes to the DDP:

• You are now able to substitute one Quick Service meal for up to three Snack DDP items, but this must be done during the same transaction. Instead of a single Quick Service meal you could, for example, get three sodas.
So, seeing as a good majority of the food and non-alcoholic drink items at the festival are snack credits, I wonder if it makes sense to take the DDP or DxDP during festival time. If one TS credit equals three snacks, would the plan pay itself off in one trip around the lagoon, if you weren't interested in actually using those credits for TS? Am I making sense? Its early and I need more coffee.

• You are now able to substitute one Quick Service meal for up to three Snack DDP items, but this must be done during the same transaction. Instead of a single Quick Service meal you could, for example, get three sodas.
So, seeing as a good majority of the food and non-alcoholic drink items at the festival are snack credits, I wonder if it makes sense to take the DDP or DxDP during festival time. If one TS credit equals three snacks, would the plan pay itself off in one trip around the lagoon, if you weren't interested in actually using those credits for TS? Am I making sense? Its early and I need more coffee.

From what I understand, the substitution does not work at F & W. :guilty:

It is unknown, but generally thought that redeeming a meal credit for three snacks will only be allowed at select locations not including F&W booths. If possible, all three items would need to be redeemed at the same booth.

You can pick up a free "passport" at a few locations in Epcot. The festival center is one - last year it was in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. There are other places where they're distributed, but I don't recall exactly where.

The passport has a page for each booth. When you visit the booth they have a stamp and you can get that page in your passport stamped. It was a little confusing for me as some booths had the stamps at the cash registers, and others had them where you pick up your food.

I think there was also space on the pages where you could write notes - maybe what you tried, what you liked, etc.

It's just a fun little thing to do.
This does sound fun! And it would help keep track of what we've had where (I read reviews of the booths before we went, but when we got there I couldn't remember what had been recommended haha!). I did see someone walking around with one last year, but it never occurred to me to get one for some reason.

According to all that is out now, the snack substitution will not work at the F&W kiosks, because there are only certain places that will do it. But we will not know for sure until someone actually tries at one of the kiosks. That kind of sucks for planning, but it's the truth - you can't even trust what the phone agents tell you. And yes, it if it does end up being allowed, it follows that you'd have to get all 3 snack items from the same kiosk, at the same time.

Still no sign of the various and numerous packages that are available.

From years past...they should be announcing them soon....

Packages were announced July 31 2014 by Disney (same day as the booking day for events that year.) They weren't offered prior to 2014.

Just plain events, we will know about those on July 12 if not before because they will be released during the TIW preview.

I am hoping to go to the TIW F&W preview luncheon on July 12. Any idea, based on previous experience, when the email to register will be sent? Also how much notice do they give you between the email and the opening of the window to register?
Thanks.

In 2014:
June 18 First email about Preview Event stating reservation sign up would be June 23 with the dinner being July 19.

Even if you can do this you would probably have to take all THREE items from the same booth. So in other words you couldn't get one thing from Belgium, one from Poland and one from Canada. It would have to be all from one location. (And unless you have a big group does anyone want three waffles from Belgium for example?)

I am hoping to go to the TIW F&W preview luncheon on July 12. Any idea, based on previous experience, when the email to register will be sent? Also how much notice do they give you between the email and the opening of the window to register?
Thanks.
Just got a "reminder" email that registration apparently opens tomorrow morning at 10:30am.

I did see on the Disney Food Blog's Epcot Food & Wine Festival page that they will be doing the Parisian Breakfasts again on Saturdays (YAY!) but pricing is still TBA. I'm waiting to book that along with the Premium Package which hasn't been announced at all so far! fingers crossed that both will be available for my first EFWF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter