EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

can't wait to experience my First F&W Trip!!!!! This thread is very informative!! keep the tips coming

Nov. 1996 - First Visit to WDW @ Dixie Landing
Jan. 2005 - Off Property
Jan. 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan. 2013 - All Star Movies Resort
Jan. 2014 - Art of Animation Resort
Sept. 2015 - Grand Floridian (upcoming)

Darn! Can't believe I am going to miss it by a few days. Awesome to hear that they expanding the festival and will have a Chew Booth. Can't wait!

I'll miss it by about a week, I check in on 10/17. I really have no idea what "The Chew" is.

I'll miss it by about a week, I check in on 10/17. I really have no idea what "The Chew" is.

It is a great mid-day program that revolves around cooking. I love the personalities! I started watching it a few years ago when I wasn't working. Now I DVR it. If you like to watch FOOD Network, you would probably like it.

We are going to be there from Oct.7-10... Definitely going to try to get tickets for the taping of The Chew!!

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that reservations for the special events and seminars will begin on July 30! :woohoo:

Mark your calendars for Thursday, July 30th, 2015 — that’s the day that booking will open for these Flying Fish events! And because Food and Wine Festival events normally begin booking on the same day, we suspect that this will be the day general booking begins for ALL Epcot Food and Wine Festival special events and low-cost events. Note that we don’t have this booking date confirmed by Disney for all events, so it’s subject to change. But we figured we’d let you know for planning purposes.

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that reservations for the special events and seminars will begin on July 30! :woohoo:

Mark your calendars for Thursday, July 30th, 2015 — that’s the day that booking will open for these Flying Fish events! And because Food and Wine Festival events normally begin booking on the same day, we suspect that this will be the day general booking begins for ALL Epcot Food and Wine Festival special events and low-cost events. Note that we don’t have this booking date confirmed by Disney for all events, so it’s subject to change. But we figured we’d let you know for planning purposes.

Thanks for that information! Actually, since reservations begin on July 30th, let's hope that the information about the seminars will be out a few days before that. If not, I'll at least mark Thursday, the 30th.

Thank you! This is great news! I am attending the Tables in Wonderland preview lunch next Sun (7/12) and promise to report anything I learn!

Just read about the new Chew booth...YUM!:thumbsup2 Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli! TASTING it already!:jumping3:::yes::

The Disney Food Blog has info posted on several special events:

Chef Tim’s Interactive Saturday Afternoon Supper

Featuring Local Florida Products and Special-invited Growers/Producers/Providers
With Cocktail Selections by Flying Fish Mixologist Craig Mills and a Variety of Pours from the Winter Park Distilling Company Spirits
Saturday, September 26, 2015, 12:00 noon

Guarachi Winery
Featuring Alex Guarachi, Owner and Vintner, Guarachi Family of Wines from Sonoma and Napa Valleys
Thursday, October 1, 2015, 6:00PM

Celebrating the Numerous Grape Growing Regions of New Zealand
Featuring Matt Deller, Kim Crawford Wines
Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00PM

A Sparkling Evening with Moet & Chandon
Featuring Kate Hoff, Moet & Hennessy/Moet & Chandon
Thursday, October 15, 2015, 6:00PM

Chardonnay and Merlot from Around the World
Featuring John Blazon, Master Sommelier – The Spire Collection
Thursday, October 22, 2015, 6:00PM

Flavor Gems of Italy
Featuring Pierluigi Gaeta, Marketing Director – Vias Imports Ltd., NY
Thursday, October 29, 2015, 6:00PM

Northwestern Flavors – Oregon Wines

Featuring Randy Ford and Cameron Scott of King Estate Winery-Eugene, Oregon
Thursday, November 5, 2015, 6:00PM

Gastronomical Tour de France

Featuring Eric Hemer, Master Sommelier – Southern Wine and Spirits
Featuring some extraordinary selections from all across France’s Best Wine Regions
Thursday, November 12, 2015, 6:00PM

Chef Tim’s Interactive Saturday Afternoon Supper

A Celebration of Regional USA Cooking Styles, Paired with Wine Selections from across the USA’s Best Wine-making Regions
Featuring Flying Fish Sommeliers Stig Jacobsen & Craig Mills
Saturday, November 14, 2015, 12:00 noon

I have what may be a stupid question. We still have our handy dandy reloadable F&W gift cards on the wrist bungee they had a last year's festival. I should be able to take that this year and reload money on it again at the gift shop shouldn't I? I'm using gift cards for dining regardless, that little wrist band with the mini gift card was just so convenient.

We are going to be there from Oct.7-10... Definitely going to try to get tickets for the taping of The Chew!!

Here is where to get tickets for the Chew the days they will be at Epcot. Good Luck!

The Chew Tickets Just make sure you click on the date you want.

I have what may be a stupid question. We still have our handy dandy reloadable F&W gift cards on the wrist bungee they had a last year's festival. I should be able to take that this year and reload money on it again at the gift shop shouldn't I? I'm using gift cards for dining regardless, that little wrist band with the mini gift card was just so convenient.

Yes, they are good from year to year. Any register should be able to reload it for you.

Yes you can. Its basically just a smaller version of the regular Disney gift card and can be reloaded any time.

This is our first time attending the festival. I'm trying to plan our Epcot days, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to work in the tasting booths. I know we'll be forgoing any use of our QS credits for lunch. We still plan on using our TS credits (I can't pass up Via Napoli). We plan on pacing ourselves. We have two full days at Epcot and one partial day (our departure day). I hope to pick up plenty of tips from veterans.

This is our first time attending the festival. I'm trying to plan our Epcot days, but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to work in the tasting booths. I know we'll be forgoing any use of our QS credits for lunch. We still plan on using our TS credits (I can't pass up Via Napoli). We plan on pacing ourselves. We have two full days at Epcot and one partial day (our departure day). I hope to pick up plenty of tips from veterans.

It should be easier for you once the full menus come out and there will be a slight idea of the layout as then you can decide what your must have items are and plan your attack so to say.

My husband and I are very excited for our first solo trip and figured what better time then during Food and Wine. We are the Wednesday Oct 21(arrived late afternoon) through Monday Oct 26(leaving early am). We were planning on spending our first night(don't get in till 4) and then two additional full days at Epcot, but now I am thinking I should add park hopper but is it worth for just one extra afternoon as that is really the only free space I have on this short trip. I can't go to Disney without spending least one day at Magic Kingdom and already booked the key the kingdom tour.

Also on a Wed-Monday trip the premium package(if offered) seems like it could be a waste of money as I will only get to use it two days right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter