EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are late seating for dinner. I am a bit sad about that with an almost 2yr old who goes to bed at 7pm.

Hello from Temperance, MI!

Was snooping around as our family is doing the same cruise but in September of 2013. Hopefully, you can provide some good suggestions on the ports...especially with a little one.

My name is TC, wife Jamie, 2 yo son Callen and baby on the way. We did the WBTA in 2011 when Callen was nine months old. We also did late seating and it was not a problem. We just adjusted for a late nap and figured there would be so much adjusting when we got home based on different energy, etc. that we moved his sleep cycle within a day or two.

We have always preferred the late seating as it is less rushed. More time for coffee or drinks with desert. For our EBPC in 2013 we will have Callen a bit shy of 3 yo and the baby will be almost nine months.

If you can please let us know any neat ideas you found or things to avoid. Is this your first cruise with a little one? The two things I would recommend based on WBTA and another one week cruise we did was the following:

1. Fold up stroller. Full size won't fit in the door, they clutter the room and take up so much more room in the elevator you will find yourself waiting all day.

2. We were going to have the kitchen do veggies for Callen and store them as we were not sure what he would eat. Long story short....he ate what we did. Especially the ice cream by the infant pool.

Have a great cruise. I am looking forward to ours. We have done the WBTA twice with Disney (once as a couple and once with child). Both were amazing in their own ways.

On a positive note, at least we found out before we arrived at the airport on the day of our departure.

This sounds like one of my frequent travel nightmares.

Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?

I know it's old fashioned, but I (we?) could send you a personal check or money order by mail. Or, we could give you cash on the ship. Or, we could even give you Disney Gift Cards to apply to your onboard account! Honestly, whatever works best for you. :flower3:

Well....
We haven't even packed yet for our December cruise and I booked a 6 night Eastern Caribbean out of Galveston for Jan 26-Feb 1/13 with our 5 year old grandson. It was kids sail free and yesterday I got a code for 40% off Southwest flights soooooo....
I spent this morning getting everything in order.:woohoo:

Anyone else planning on doing this cruise?

Did I read that someone was doing the ruins tour in Costa Maya with Native Choice but is doing the lunch in the village with a family?
We may be interested in joining you if you don't mind. Let me know.

Thanks
Audrey

We are looking at doing one of the "kids sail free" cruises out of Galveston with our granddaughter (just turned 4 in Juky). We haven't booked yet and are waiting for her parents to decide on dates. We live in Houston so are 45 minutes from Galveston by car so we are good with last minute. Hope to see you on that cruise too. Sherry:beach:

OMG - your sister is lucky to have you :rotfl2: Just curious what airport you are flying out of that you found a direct flight to LAX?

tammy

PHL on US airways. Kinda wish we would have booked this as my sister paid the same price we did in June. A direct flight would have been nice but DH does like to have layovers to stretch his legs. At 6'5", he gets cramped. But we do get two free bags and now they will have to pay for theirs.

WVURunner said:
PHL on US airways. Kinda wish we would have booked this as my sister paid the same price we did in June. A direct flight would have been nice but DH does like to have layovers to stretch his legs. At 6'5", he gets cramped. But we do get two free bags and now they will have to pay for theirs.

And I wouldn't fly US Airways if you paid me!!! Or fly into LAX... I hate that airport.

So I ordered matching T-shirts for us to wear when we board the ship. The kids love when we do it and my sister hates it. In the past, my friend has always ordered us shirts and I'm sure my sister thinks since they aren't coming, we won't have them. I hope they will make for a cute photo. Vistaprint had a groupon for $80 worth of product for $20. I thought it was a pretty good deal as we ended up getting 6 shirts for $20. Anyway, getting them made my day after last night's mess.

Front:
Resampled_2012-10-10_19-52-47_40_zps092c7e3e.jpg

Back:
Resampled_2012-10-10_19-53-10_747_zps31319dc9.jpg

Those shirts are so cute. What a great idea for the cruise. We all (10 of us) all wore the same shirts at Disneyland and we looked so cute. It was a great photo op in front of the castle. I will keep my eye out for that groupon from now on. :cheer2: Sherry

holula said:
And I wouldn't fly US Airways if you paid me!!! Or fly into LAX... I hate that airport.

US airways doesn't bother me, it is what I usually fly for work but I feel that way about Delta.. couldn't pay me to fly delta. I've only been to LAX once and from what i remember, it wasn't to bad but my friend picked me up. It can't be worse than Atlanta was during the Olympics or can it?

skayrobe said:
Those shirts are so cute. What a great idea for the cruise. We all (10 of us) all wore the same shirts at Disneyland and we looked so cute. It was a great photo op in front of the castle. I will keep my eye out for that groupon from now on. :cheer2: Sherry

I'll let you know if I see it again. And thanks

WVURunner said:
US airways doesn't bother me, it is what I usually fly for work but I feel that way about Delta.. couldn't pay me to fly delta. I've only been to LAX once and from what i remember, it wasn't to bad but my friend picked me up. It can't be worse than Atlanta was during the Olympics or can it?

Arriving at LAX is not too bad. departing LAX... awful! It is honestly one of the WORST airpots I have flown through, and I have flown five different airlines through it and all were bad.

I actually have no issues with Delta, they are my American carrier of choice! Although they had the worst customer service ever at PHL airport when I flew from there.

holula said:
Arriving at LAX is not too bad. departing LAX... awful! It is honestly one of the WORST airpots I have flown through, and I have flown five different airlines through it and all were bad.

I actually have no issues with Delta, they are my American carrier of choice! Although they had the worst customer service ever at PHL airport when I flew from there.

Their horrible costumer service is the reason I don't fly them anymore! I was stuck overnight in Atlanta one to many times with no apology. If delta and easyjet flew the same route, I would choose easyjet every single time. That is how much dislike delta. I never flew out of LAX and I guess I should be thankful then that I won't have to on this trip. Best US airline ever was Hooters. I miss them. Worst airline ever: China Air.

I see that there are special Halloween decorations and such available on the Disney website for October cruises. Does anyone know what type of Christmas decorations might be available for our cruise? My nine year old is starting to get a little concerned about the (possible) lack of a tree this year.

Does anyone bring such things on board? Although I'm pretty sure we won't be carting anything like that with us from Saskatchewan. Especially after my husband realizes how much room is going to be devoted to FE gifts!

I see that there are special Halloween decorations and such available on the Disney website for October cruises. Does anyone know what type of Christmas decorations might be available for our cruise? My nine year old is starting to get a little concerned about the (possible) lack of a tree this year.

Does anyone bring such things on board? Although I'm pretty sure we won't be carting anything like that with us from Saskatchewan. Especially after my husband realizes how much room is going to be devoted to FE gifts!

The ship is decorated to the hilt! It is beautiful so no fear. I'm using a Christmas stocking for FE:)

WVURunner said:
Their horrible costumer service is the reason I don't fly them anymore! I was stuck overnight in Atlanta one to many times with no apology. If delta and easyjet flew the same route, I would choose easyjet every single time. That is how much dislike delta. I never flew out of LAX and I guess I should be thankful then that I won't have to on this trip. Best US airline ever was Hooters. I miss them. Worst airline ever: China Air.

No, the worst airline ever is United. I hate them so much. Flown with them twice, both times I have had so many issues I swore never again. And never have! Apart from at PHL, Delta have been okay customer service wise for me. PHL was horrible though.

We plan to majorly decorate our door! And have a mini Xmas tree in our stateroom. I can't wait, Disney Xmas decoration is always the best. :) Love the parks all decorated for the holidays.

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Have no fear, Christmas will be there! Including a huge decorated tree in the atrium, and probably Christmas music everywhere instead of Disney tmusic, which I think is unfortunate. AND a gingerbread house.

IKEA has a 3 foot cardboard tree that stores flat, but I don't know where the heck you'd pput it, in anything less than a suite. I might get an Advent Calendar, though. I could magnet that to the inside of the stateroom door.

Happy Day, All!

American is not the airline to be flying since the bankruptcy and pilots pseudo-strike. I avoid US ScAre at all costs. Delta's tolerable. United is tolerable. LAX is fine. Dallas sucks.

I Luv Southwest Airlines.
When we fly to WDW (usually drive) that is our airline of choice (from Buffalo).
That is who we will be using for December trip. Went to book flights online to Houston yesterday for our cruise in January and had a terrible time doing so. After much frustration (not to mention a couple of tears) the girl at SW (who was understanding but had her hands tied and couldn't help me) gave me their Customer Service number in Dallas and I called them. Took a little time but they were able to resolve the issue and I am one happy cruiser.
So again, I LUV SOUTHWEST AIRLINES!!:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter