EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who requested a paper tree for their door. Here is what one looks like:
Resampled_2012-10-13_11-29-51_423_zps0040a14a.jpg

It is a little under 17" wide and 22" tall. The magnets on it are between 1.5" diameter to 2.5" diameter.

Please check this list below to make sure I haven't forgotten anyone.

Gdesl
SoCalCrew
adnil530
dthogue
buckeyesix

Let me know if you were left off the list.

Thanks!

That is adorable. I love the little ornaments. Would it be too much to ask if you could make me one too? Are you going to have any room in your suitcase for clothing, you are bringing so many wonderful extras for everyone!! :worship: And yes, you have me down for a dry erase board too. Thank you so, so much.

I believe I finished all of the message board requests this morning. Below is a list of names of people who requested a board and the number after the name is the number of boards requested. Please let me know if I forgot anyone. I have a feeling I might have! Remember to bring a BLACK dry erase marker and magnets.

Dthogue
JessicasMom
PinkPug
MaryLou1962
ArGa
Chrissyt27
RoxyHive (4)
Gilland18
DindelsPa
Magicmaker1
LandParkTudor (2)
Adnil530
Pharmjenn
DodgerDog
Kinittingmaven

Thanks everyone for reviewing the list
Perfect! Thanks again...you're quite creative ::yes::.

216 FEs done!!!!!!! Now I only have to package them all by stateroom. Hope it's ok to being doing per stateroom and not per person. This is a new experience for me--having a ball. Now need to focus on ornaments for the exchange and scrapbook layout for 12 and the clock is ticking :hourglass. Taking a week to go to Vegas, DH has a conference. I'm just along for the a little R & R since there is a small break on campus.

As much as I hate to say it, you and my husband are right. Even if the chance is remote, I still need to be on the safe side. Did you find one you like?

I haven't yet. I'm still debating between getting a slimline passport cover that just does that or getting something more along the lines of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Smart-...qid=1350192681&sr=8-11&keywords=rfid+passport

Something that can hold a few cards and some cash too.

Decisions, decisions....

For all those who requested a paper tree for their door. Here is what one looks like:
Resampled_2012-10-13_11-29-51_423_zps0040a14a.jpg

It is a little under 17" wide and 22" tall. The magnets on it are between 1.5" diameter to 2.5" diameter.

Please check this list below to make sure I haven't forgotten anyone.

Gdesl
SoCalCrew
adnil530
dthogue
buckeyesix

Let me know if you were left off the list.

Thanks!

I love this!! Could I request one also? If you're already making too many between the trees and the message board, I completely understand. But I'd love to make little ornaments for it and see it on my door every day. :lovestruc

Heather

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 8 weeks,
that is 56 sleeps!

Did you know?
The second locks that we will go through is a one step lock that will lift 31 feet. It is the Pedro Miguel locks.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

73327-004-DCE877AD.jpg

I think I may be a little stressed, it took me forever to get that image in the weekly update. I leave the house in 15 minutes for my first 10K race. It is/was pouring rain, 16 degrees celcius.

Oops, missed us on your list:) Again thanks!
Sorry about that, you are back on the list.

That is adorable. I love the little ornaments. Would it be too much to ask if you could make me one too? Are you going to have any room in your suitcase for clothing, you are bringing so many wonderful extras for everyone!! :worship: And yes, you have me down for a dry erase board too. Thank you so, so much.
No problem. Just don't judge when you see me in the same couple of outfits every few days or my lack of dress shoes that match my dresses. I think I am only going to bring one or two pair (I normally bring a differant dress shoe for each dress) The tree should lie flat on the bottom of my suitcase so I'm not to worried about them.

Decisions, decisions....
I agree.

I love this!! Could I request one also? If you're already making too many between the trees and the message board, I completely understand. But I'd love to make little ornaments for it and see it on my door every day. :lovestruc
Heather

No problem, giving always puts me in the Christmas mood so why not spread a little extra Christmas cheer.

I think I may be a little stressed, it took me forever to get that image in the weekly update. I leave the house in 15 minutes for my first 10K race. It is/was pouring rain, 16 degrees celcius.

Good Luck! Dry to stay dry and warm.

Well at least part of it. The doctor reviewed my MRI this week and I do have a compressed fracture of the T12. We had discussed surgery, Kryphoplasty, to alieviate the pain and straighten the vertebra, however, I have a fragment that might possibly be pushed into the spinal cord if that is done and that would be a disaster. So, no surgery on that one. The other news was that the imaging place failed to do the lumbar screening so I had to have another MRI Friday. Laying on my back perfectly still for any length of time is painful so when I heard another MRI I almost screamed. If that MRI comes back with no fractures then i will start the alternative to surgery. Back brace, physical therapy, and pain meds. So, you will know me on the cruise....the one with the back brace, yuck!

My hope had been to join my husband on the boat, but the doctor says that could be 2-3 months. We'll see. I will do everything the physical therapist says to and hopefully expedite the healing process.

I had hoped to do a really cute craft project for my FE but I am not able to sit up right now to do it. I'm afraid by the time I can it will be too late to get them done so I hope you all are happy with what I can do. I love the FEs...it is so exciting to return to your cabin and find little gifts waiting for you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Judy

So, you will know me on the cruise....the one with the back brace, yuck!

My hope had been to join my husband on the boat, but the doctor says that could be 2-3 months. We'll see. I will do everything the physical therapist says to and hopefully expedite the healing process.

I had hoped to do a really cute craft project for my FE but I am not able to sit up right now to do it. I'm afraid by the time I can it will be too late to get them done so I hope you all are happy with what I can do. I love the FEs...it is so exciting to return to your cabin and find little gifts waiting for you.
We should all have some little something to identify ourselves by, but a back brace wouldn't be my first choice :crazy2:. I'm just happy that you will be able to go! Don't worry about the FE gifts....it isn't the gift itself (for us, anyway), it's the fun of finding it :thumbsup2.

:grouphug: Judy! The news that you aren't going to heal quickly can be so frustrating I know. I hope the physio works miracles for you :goodvibes

Like you said, one of the best parts of the FE exchange is the smile you get when there is a surprise in the pocket, so whatever you are able to do will be fab!

I was just perusing the main DIS cruise thread (I know, I need a life) and came across a coffee conversation. To be honest the only thing in that thread that concerned me was that someone posted that the Wonder doesn't have fridges in the staterooms. We had a fridge on the Magic last year. I thought it was standard.

Do I need to make a fridge-less plan? This will not make me happy. Especially on a two week cruise!:scared:

Please tell me all you know about fridges on the Wonder!

We sailed the Wonder in May and it was more like a cool box rather than a fridge I guess. It did cool down the water we put it in there but not as much as a fridge would have. We were in an 11A.

I was just perusing the main DIS cruise thread (I know, I need a life) and came across a coffee conversation. To be honest the only thing in that thread that concerned me was that someone posted that the Wonder doesn't have fridges in the staterooms. We had a fridge on the Magic last year. I thought it was standard.

Do I need to make a fridge-less plan? This will not make me happy. Especially on a two week cruise!:scared:

Please tell me all you know about fridges on the Wonder!

I've been on the Wonder and the Magic and the fridges are the same. More of a cool ice box like holula said but it did keeps things very cool, just not cold.

to make things colder, we always put a cup of ice in there. That seems to help. Just remember to change it out!

WVURunner said:
No problem. Just don't judge when you see me in the same couple of outfits every few days or my lack of dress shoes that match my dresses. I think I am only going to bring one or two pair (I normally bring a differant dress shoe for each dress) The tree should lie flat on the bottom of my suitcase so I'm not to worried about them.
I'm a light packer by nature. Two or three pairs of shoes...black dress shoes, around the ship shoes and walking shoes, mix and match clothes-so you'll see the same pants frequently, but plenty of room in my suitcase for my knitting LOL!!!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Completed the 10K Oktoberfest Run in 75 minutes. I was doing great up to the 5K point, and then hit a hill that hit my hips. Did my best to keep my pace for 70 minutes, but I hit another hill. Never walked a step except to sip some water, three times. Just can not drink and run too well. Those breaks were only a few seconds. Luckily it did not rain, and it was too warm to wear my jacket. Thank goodness, my running store was on the route, and I was able to hand off my jacket to the group cheering at the store. With all this running, and weight loss, I decided to celebrate my success with a visit to the swim and fitness store. Even tried on a bikini. Okay, so I am not ready for a bikini, but picked up something nice and on sale for the cruise. :)

I also puruse the main cruise thread when there are no updates here. No longer am I on the main threads anymore, since we don't have an actual WDW trip planned.

But along the subject of the rooms, can someone who has cruised the Wonder this year confirm what type of clocks they have? There seems to be so much differing info out there- too bright, no light at all, ipod, no alarm etc. Since we are IGT, I will plan to bring a nightlight for our DS if the clock has no light. I can handle the phone wake up call instead of alarm, but like a back up since we won't be able to use our cell phones like we normally do when traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter