EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
:earboy2: FE EXCHANGE UPDATE :earboy2:

The FE Exchange sign up is OFFICIALLY closed. We ended up with a total of 72 cabins and 204 participants. All I can say is WOW. What an amazing group we have.

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

Tammy
princess:

Thank you again for organizing this!!! We look forward to participating!

I'm also reading The Path Between the Seas. I take a train back and forth to work, and in the morning I have a 20 minute wait, and about that much in the evening. It's a great time to read! My train ride is only a few minutes, so I don't read then. The history of the canal is very interesting! It's not a quick read, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. I woke up at 3 AM because I heard a strange noise. I woke DH and told him I thought someone was in the apartment. He said "That's nice" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

After three attempts at waking him, and hearing more noise, I got up just in time to hear someone yelling "It's the Police...are you alright in there?" and see flashlights shining in my dining area". This time I dragged DH out of bed and told him that there were police officers in our kitchen, and maybe we should see what they want?:scared:

They asked if we were alright, which I wasn't because I was awakened at 3 AM by noises in my apartment, and if we were alone. I told them that I was pretty sure we were alone, but they were more than welcome to look around, and if they found someone, they could have him!

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.

He was a student at a local university, and had had a bit too much to drink--enough that he couldn't remember where he lived, or how old he was. He told the police that he was 26. When the officer said "I don't think so", he said "Well, how about 21?". When they finally got him to produce ID, he was 18, obviously underage. They finally got him up and got him to move his feet enough to get him out of my apartment. Other than being slightly shaken up by seeing this young man in my living room, there were no other problems, at least for us. The university has a "zero tolerance" policy for underage drinking and other quality of life issues, so I think this young person will be looking for another place to go to school!

Beth

Oh how scary :scared1: I'm glad it all turned out ok!

A number of years ago, we were awakened by a guy staring into our bedroom from the bedroom door. I got up and scared them out. Fortunately, they only took stuff. But apparently they didn't get enough as they came back the next night for more. This time I was a bit closer to them as they went out the door.

My DW's purse was taken during the first visit and a woman who was a part of the crew that came into the house called her asking for money to get out of town. My wife said sure and set up a meeting place. Then she called police who showed up and arrested the group. The most important thing that was stolen was recovered - my DW's driver's license.

On a lighter note... The shuttle is parked about a mile from my house on its way to downtown LA. Here's a snap.

DSC00115Medium.jpg

We'll be there next week too! Is it your fall break for the kids? We were wondering how many other people will be out of school. Hoping it's not too crazy!

No my kids don't have fall break until the week of Thanksgiving. Dd and I go on Tuesdays or Thursdays when she doesn't have school. I have my MIL pick up the boys from school and dd and I leave DL around 2 and get home shortly after the boys do.

If you don't mind taking pictures, that would be so helpful! The BF has never been to DLR or WDW (oh the horror) so it would be very helpful for him to see the castle set-up and that way he can pick his location ahead of time and it would also be helpful to me. Thank you so much for the offer and enjoy DL.

I will take a ton of pics and it is my pleasure to do so!

Ordered our FE gifts today, now that we have final cabin count (and a couple extra just in case). We're very excited!

Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?

Anyway-- looking for spiiffy and schepp. Any idea if they're still with us?

Thanks.

I think you missed us too. Sent you a PM.

Welcome! I guess you know about the daily (at least on sea days) knitting, crocheting, cross-stitch meet? Seems like it'd be right up your alley. :welcome: :thumbsup2
So I am Knittingmaven's other son and one of DodgerDog's older brothers, the one who is not able to go on this trip but going on another one in May, KnittingMaven would love to know where and when the cirlcle will meet. Would you please let her know when and where it will be. Thank you.

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.
OMG, Beth, thank goodness your neighbor was thinking! :thumbsup2 I'd be heading to Home Depot to buy extra locks the next morning (and still would probably sleep with one eye open :crazy2:).

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.
THANKS TAMMY! :flower3: This will be so much fun ::yes::.

My DW's purse was taken during the first visit and a woman who was a part of the crew that came into the house called her asking for money to get out of town. My wife said sure and set up a meeting place. Then she called police who showed up and arrested the group. The most important thing that was stolen was recovered - my DW's driver's license.
Another woman with a solid head on her shoulders! Wow, I can't believe the nerve of the thieves....same place, two days in a row? And then to fall for the "meet"? Some people just don't have the sense they were born with!

Of course, with the money we're spending on this trip and having just paid our property taxes, we may be looking for a bank to rob! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I recently got a new passport when I changed my name and it has a RFID tag in it. DH thinks I need to get a new passport holder that is RFID blocking but I really like my current holder as it matches my lugguae. Is DH being paranoid? Is anyone else worried about this and worried about having their idenity stolen from their passport? Is DH to much of a tech geek that he worries to much? thoughts?

WVURunner said:
I recently got a new passport when I changed my name and it has a RFID tag in it. DH thinks I need to get a new passport holder that is RFID blocking but I really like my current holder as it matches my lugguae. Is DH being paranoid? Is anyone else worried about this and worried about having their idenity stolen from their passport? Is DH to much of a tech geek that he worries to much? thoughts?

Is that one of those e-passports that have the chips? If so, I have one with no passport holder. Never had my identity stolen and tbh never thought about it!

No my kids don't have fall break until the week of Thanksgiving. Dd and I go on Tuesdays or Thursdays when she doesn't have school. I have my MIL pick up the boys from school and dd and I leave DL around 2 and get home shortly after the boys do.

That's awesome! Wish we could go that often. Would you want to meet me and the kids somewhere on Thursday? It would be fun for DD and DS to meet someone going on the cruise ahead of time. If so, let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number. My husband will be in San Francisco all day. So, I'll be by myself.

That's awesome! Wish we could go that often. Would you want to meet me and the kids somewhere on Thursday? It would be fun for DD and DS to meet someone going on the cruise ahead of time. If so, let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number. My husband will be in San Francisco all day. So, I'll be by myself.

I'd love to meet up with you. I'll know if we are going for sure by Tuesday. I'll PM you when I know for sure.

Anyone know what I did wrong? I said I only wanted to be in one FE group, but when I pull up my group it only has one other cabin in it. I didn't want 70 cabins, but I can manage doing more than 1 cabin. :)

My new passport came in the mail yesterday. I was looking for RFID blocking passport holders on Amazon today. ;)

While I didn't full-on have my identity stolen, I did have my purse stolen once and they used my checkbook and photo ID to pass bad checks all over town. Even that was a huge headache to get sorted out. Whether it's paranoid or not, I'm just not willing to take the chance. If it were to happen, I'd completely regret not having gotten one of the blocking holders.

Excited about the cruise, yet? I am, and I think my DH who does not say much is excited, too.

Started working on the FE's last night. Happy to say, the supplies that I bought in August when I was in NJ are just enough for 72 cabins. I may need to go out and get a few more supplies incase I mess up, and to have a few extras for the CM's. The only thing is, the cost in Canada for this product is almost twice the price. At least I have a Michael's coupon for 40% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter