EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also puruse the main cruise thread when there are no updates here. No longer am I on the main threads anymore, since we don't have an actual WDW trip planned.

But along the subject of the rooms, can someone who has cruised the Wonder this year confirm what type of clocks they have? There seems to be so much differing info out there- too bright, no light at all, ipod, no alarm etc. Since we are IGT, I will plan to bring a nightlight for our DS if the clock has no light. I can handle the phone wake up call instead of alarm, but like a back up since we won't be able to use our cell phones like we normally do when traveling.

I turn a bathroom light on and shut the door for a night light. I use my iphone on airport mode for my alarm. I believe there was an alarm clock by the bed with a night light on it. Someone else maybe able to confirm that.

But along the subject of the rooms, can someone who has cruised the Wonder this year confirm what type of clocks they have?

I was on the April Hawaiian cruise and I had the IPod clock in my room. It was so bright I had to turn it face down at night. I'm sure there is a way to turn the brightness down but I wasn't aable to figure it out. :thumbsup2

As long as my husband's beer isn't warm and my coffee creamer doesn't go bad, I'll be good!

I feel reassured!

My friend and I had our coffee creamers with us on the Hawaii cruise and they stayed cold enough. I'll be bringing some along for this trip as well!

My friend and I had our coffee creamers with us on the Hawaii cruise and they stayed cold enough. I'll be bringing some along for this trip as well!

I think that discovering that people take their own creamer on board might be one of my favourite tips ever! And as I said earlier, there are so many more delicious flavours you can buy in the States. I will definitely be stocking up.

Thanks everyone!

Does anyone besides me bring their own splenda packets? I hate the "yellow" packet they offer on the ship.

Does anyone besides me bring their own splenda packets? I hate the "yellow" packet they offer on the ship.

Oh yes, we'll have Splenda too.

Being reminded of all these "extras" we like to bring along (because heaven forbid we not have a glass of wine on the verandah! Every night.) is really starting to make me worried about how much room the FEs are going to use. I guess the nine year old is just going to have to man up and be responsible for hauling a big bags this time!

I think that discovering that people take their own creamer on board might be one of my favourite tips ever! And as I said earlier, there are so many more delicious flavours you can buy in the States. I will definitely be stocking up.

Thanks everyone!

My DH was thrilled with this tip as well. This trip I am also bringing along disposable coffee cups with lids that are larger than the ones offered onboard. I was going to bring one of our refillable mugs from WDW, but he doesn't want to be bothered with carrying it around when he is done.

I bring along my own packs of Sweet 'n Low.

Tammy

Oh yes, we'll have Splenda too.

Being reminded of all these "extras" we like to bring along (because heaven forbid we not have a glass of wine on the verandah! Every night.) is really starting to make me worried about how much room the FEs are going to use. I guess the nine year old is just going to have to man up and be responsible for hauling a big bags this time!

:rotfl2: I started packing my FE gifts in a carry-on size suitcase, didn't fit, moved to the next size one, still doesn't fit - moved to our largest suticase and still not enough room - what doesn't fit is going to have to be carried on in a duffle - oh my, what was I thinking. At least we are flying Southwest and I don;t have to pay for bags :cool1:

I was on the April Hawaiian cruise and I had the IPod clock in my room. It was so bright I had to turn it face down at night. I'm sure there is a way to turn the brightness down but I wasn't aable to figure it out. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info - we were on the Magic in September and we couldn't not figure out how to change the time on the clock. In fact, it was an hour ahead when we got to the room. It was very frustrating, so I bought a cheapie alarm clock at Walmart for this cruise - With all the times that we will be changng the time, I'm not taking a chance on not being able to change the clock :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I started packing my FE gifts in a carry-on size suitcase, didn't fit, moved to the next size one, still doesn't fit - moved to our largest suitcase and still not enough room - what doesn't fit is going to have to be carried on in a duffle - oh my, what was I thinking. At least we are flying Southwest and I don;t have to pay for bags :cool1:

This is NOT making me feel any better! My only hope at this point is that I can keep my husband from discovering the full scope of our upcoming packing challenges until it is too late!!

paulcrsb said:

Us too! Except it was an Alaska cruise. But those clocks were so bright, we turned it to face the wall.

:rotfl2: I started packing my FE gifts in a carry-on size suitcase, didn't fit, moved to the next size one, still doesn't fit - moved to our largest suticase and still not enough room - what doesn't fit is going to have to be carried on in a duffle - oh my, what was I thinking. At least we are flying Southwest and I don;t have to pay for bags :cool1:

This is scary! DH told me all "extras" need to fit into a carry-on or they aren't coming with us! We are flying SW but since my sister and kids aren't they have to pay for bags, we are hoping to keep our bags to one each so we can take two of their bags with us.

This is NOT making me feel any better! My only hope at this point is that I can keep my husband from discovering the full scope of our upcoming packing challenges until it is too late!!

Luckily my DH has been helping to plan our gifts - I was going to combine my ladies and men gifts into one to save space, but he said no - we need to give the men their own gifts :rotfl2: He's like a kid with this - he's the first one to check to see what is in the holder - although he will let DD get the gifts out :rotfl2:

I have a baggie full of Splenda pkts in my purse at all times. I really don't mind the generic yellow pkts or Equal (or its generic), but I just can't do Sweet & Low...ever :eek:.

Thanks for the info - we were on the Magic in September and we couldn't not figure out how to change the time on the clock. In fact, it was an hour ahead when we got to the room. It was very frustrating, so I bought a cheapie alarm clock at Walmart for this cruise - With all the times that we will be changng the time, I'm not taking a chance on not being able to change the clock :thumbsup2
We also take a travel alarm clock, just in case. DH and I both like to see what time it is if we wake up in the middle of the night, esp. in an inside cabin. I leave the bathroom light on with the door closed for a night light (and because I would probably hit the wrong switch in the dark and wake everyone up otherwise).

As for food storage, I always take extra ziplock bags in different sizes, in case I *need* to keep those extra cookies or that uneaten piece of cake from room service. The mini-frig/cooling box doesn't hold much, and it will only keep things cool, not cold. Last cruise, we brought desserts back from Palo high tea, but the plate wouldn't fit in the cooler. I think I'll take some pieces of alum. foil this time, too. They don't have wraps; they provide a plate with a cover. NOT that there is normally any need to bring anything back to the room (we're never hungry enough to eat it) but one never knows :confused3.

:rotfl2: Everyone thought I was a terrible curmudgeon early on on this thread when I suggested SMALL, FLAT or LIGHT for FE gifts. Now Tammy, at least, understands why!

I have a baggie full of Splenda pkts in my purse at all times. I really don't mind the generic yellow pkts or Equal (or its generic), but I just can't do Sweet & Low...ever :eek:.

We also take a travel alarm clock, just in case. DH and I both like to see what time it is if we wake up in the middle of the night, esp. in an inside cabin. I leave the bathroom light on with the door closed for a night light (and because I would probably hit the wrong switch in the dark and wake everyone up otherwise).

As for food storage, I always take extra ziplock bags in different sizes, in case I *need* to keep those extra cookies or that uneaten piece of cake from room service. The mini-frig/cooling box doesn't hold much, and it will only keep things cool, not cold. Last cruise, we brought desserts back from Palo high tea, but the plate wouldn't fit in the cooler. I think I'll take some pieces of alum. foil this time, too. They don't have wraps; they provide a plate with a cover. NOT that there is normally any need to bring anything back to the room (we're never hungry enough to eat it) but one never knows :confused3.

Need a cheap night light? A disposable "glow stick" (Pak of 10 for a $ at the $ store) will light your way to the bathroom. And, even inside cabins have a sliver of light coming under the door.

Cool box not cold enough or you need an ice bag? Gallon size zip locs work great for holding ice, too. I usually put a couple wash cloths underneath in case the bag sweats - so I have a cold cloth to wipe my face when I -er glow.

Along the same lines, we dined with someone who brought their own Stevia... it's apparently not offered on board at all if anyone uses it.

We were on the cruise after you. I fiddled with the clock for a good half hour and finally got the time set, the glow turned down, etc. But, at some point, it reset itself or got bumped or something. The clocks in the room are, to say the least, not the most user friendly. We even had one of the little instruction cards and, following it to a T, the buttons just didn't want to depress quickly enough or far enough or something to make it an easy task. I'm guessing they get a lot of wear and tear.

I'll probably be bringing along my own travel clock too.

If anyone wants to borrow one of my 3 "alarm clocks," you are more than welcome to. I do have to warn you though, they seem to be permanently set to around 6:30. No matter what I try, I cannot get them to go off any later than 7! :rotfl2:

Thanks everyone!

Coffee creamer is now on my packing list--great idea.. I like my "candy in a cup" as DH says

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter