• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is your daughter? I tutored my friend at school in the UK for the math exam we sit at 16. She got an A. It has been a while since I have done algebra though!

Is that what you all the A-Levels?

Oh I would be happy with your porthole if you get an upgrade :cool1: We are in a 11b now - I would like just a little more space for us - I can see the 3 of us tripping over each other for 15 days :rolleyes1

tammy

We had 4 adults in an inside cabin for our 11 night Med cruise, talk about tripping over each other! Actually it wasn't to horrible and we all survived. We had a connecting room to my sister's room that had 2 adults and 2 kids. We kept the door open the whole cruise and it made the area seem larger and everyone used whatever bathroom was free.

The married couple in the room got the queen bed and since DH(who was DBF at the time) didn't come, as the single lady, I got the top bunk and our single male friend got the lower bunk.

I am 6' and my friend is 6'3" and the couple both are pretty short. Love how the tall people got the short beds!

WVURunner said:
Is that what you all the A-Levels?

The exams at 16 are GCSE, the ones at 18 are A-levels. My friend had given up math as soon as she could! (So after GCSE)

:cool1: We received approval from DD's school yesterday for her to miss the 10 days of school for the cruise :cool1:

My only concern is her Algebra homework she will be brining along. Sad to say I know nothing about Algebra - is there anyone out there that is good with math and might be available if she has trouble and wouldn't mind helpihg her :confused3

Count us in on the upgrade at the port - hoping for a verandah :woohoo:

Tammy

Got Patricia's okay from the board as well last week. Only 5 are 'excused' as per guidelines, but she won't be penalized for missing the other 5. :cool1:

In regards to Algebra, I"d be more than willing to help. I've had to dust off the cobwebs from many years ago on that too. Patricia is taking Algebra II this year, so hopefully if I can't help, she might be able to.

In regards to upgrading, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for all to get what they want. It's my fear that DCL will start their incentives again, thus taking up the verandahs that are available right now. I hope they PD pixiedust: the IGTs first, then offer those rooms to newbies. :thumbsup2

So while on the Fantasy during a cooking class, DH asked a question about the food and the chef informed him that all the food for the week is loaded in PC and they do not restock along the way. (this explains why the krispy cream donuts are so gross on the last day)

DH was wondering if during the longer cruises if they stop at any place to restock or if all food is loaded on the first day. I did not pay attention to this during the Med cruise. Does anyone know?

DH has a theory that Disney wants this cruise to remain some what empty because carrying and storing enough food for 14 days for a half full ship is easier than doing so for a full one. He also has a theory that Disney wants some rooms empty so that they can repair rooms that need it.

His thought is that Disney has to move the ship anyway so any passengers on board while they do it is an added bonus.

These reasons could explain why they aren't pushing to hard to sell it to the general public.

His lastest theory is that Disney won't place anyone on floors 1 &2 and repair those rooms and everyone will have a higher deck room and maybe a view.

Who knows..I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the room assignments come out! Does anyone know when that maybe?

DH was wondering if during the longer cruises if they stop at any place to restock or if all food is loaded on the first day. I did not pay attention to this during the Med cruise. Does anyone know?

Disney does restock during the cruise, at least on a couple of longer cruises that I have been on.
I remember the ship being restocked in Acapulco once and in Curacao on another cruise. Both times these were on EBPC cruises.

I've looked at the thread about GTY assignments. They seem to come out around 50 days out, if what I saw is a fair representation. I'm hoping, anyway!pixiedust: to all!

Gilland18 said:
I've looked at the thread about GTY assignments. They seem to come out around 50 days out, if what I saw is a fair representation. I'm hoping, anyway!pixiedust: to all!

We had a GTY on the cruise we are going on in 15 days and I think we got ours 49 days out. So around 50. ;)

Only 17 days until day 50!!!

WVURunner said:
But GTY is differant from IGT, right?

Yes it is. We booked an 11C GTY so paid for an 11C with no room number, just a guarantee we will get that category or higher. IGT just guarantees an inside room.

This example would work better if I hadn't booked the lowest category on the ship! But IGT also has more restrictions like not being able to change the name of passengers etc... The GTY is just a normal booking with no room number,

holula said:
Yes it is. We booked an 11C GTY so paid for an 11C with no room number, just a guarantee we will get that category or higher. IGT just guarantees an inside room.

This example would work better if I hadn't booked the lowest category on the ship! But IGT also has more restrictions like not being able to change the name of passengers etc... The GTY is just a normal booking with no room number,

I wonder when us IGT people will get room assignments? The suspense is killing me!

WVURunner said:
I wonder when us IGT people will get room assignments? The suspense is killing me!

Tell me about it! I currently have a bunch of reservations with DCL all with GTY (and one booked as an IGT) and I just want to know what room I am staying it!!!

While we are on the subject of reservations, in my castaway club account list of reservations it shows Panama Canal twice with the same reservation number. Is this normal or some weird DCL glitch? And no, we didn't pay twice!!! ;)

While we are on the subject of reservations, in my castaway club account list of reservations it shows Panama Canal twice with the same reservation number. Is this normal or some weird DCL glitch? And no, we didn't pay twice!!! ;)

Ours is that way, too, and so is my parents'. I have to login to Castaway Club twice to see my reservation, too.:confused3

Got Patricia's okay from the board as well last week. Only 5 are 'excused' as per guidelines, but she won't be penalized for missing the other 5. :cool1:

In regards to Algebra, I"d be more than willing to help. I've had to dust off the cobwebs from many years ago on that too. Patricia is taking Algebra II this year, so hopefully if I can't help, she might be able to.

In regards to upgrading, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for all to get what they want. It's my fear that DCL will start their incentives again, thus taking up the verandahs that are available right now. I hope they PD pixiedust: the IGTs first, then offer those rooms to newbies. :thumbsup2

Thanks Karen - that would be terrific - if the girls can get together to do homework it won't be as painful :scared:

We had 4 adults in an inside cabin for our 11 night Med cruise, talk about tripping over each other! Actually it wasn't to horrible and we all survived. We had a connecting room to my sister's room that had 2 adults and 2 kids. We kept the door open the whole cruise and it made the area seem larger and everyone used whatever bathroom was free.

The married couple in the room got the queen bed and since DH(who was DBF at the time) didn't come, as the single lady, I got the top bunk and our single male friend got the lower bunk.

I am 6' and my friend is 6'3" and the couple both are pretty short. Love how the tall people got the short beds!

Already told DD she has to take the bunk, not the sofa bed - I need a place to sit in the mornings while everyone else is sleeping!

So while on the Fantasy during a cooking class, DH asked a question about the food and the chef informed him that all the food for the week is loaded in PC and they do not restock along the way. (this explains why the krispy cream donuts are so gross on the last day)

DH has a theory that Disney wants this cruise to remain some what empty because carrying and storing enough food for 14 days for a half full ship is easier than doing so for a full one. He also has a theory that Disney wants some rooms empty so that they can repair rooms that need it.

His thought is that Disney has to move the ship anyway so any passengers on board while they do it is an added bonus.

These reasons could explain why they aren't pushing to hard to sell it to the general public.

His lastest theory is that Disney won't place anyone on floors 1 &2 and repair those rooms and everyone will have a higher deck room and maybe a view.

Who knows..I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the room assignments come out! Does anyone know when that maybe?

I like your DH's thinking :goodvibes

Crazy day today! I uninstalled something relatively innocuous on my computer (nothing complicated) and the computer no longer recognized the mouse. Also had something else pop up that was weird..still have to figure that one out. I am NOT a computer whiz but can usually muddle my way through (I'm great at problem-solving), but nothing would fix this, so I had to install a new mouse :confused3. Bizarre.

Thanks Jess for the new avatar!!! Love it! :hug::lovestruc You know Chip and Dale are my favorite characters.

All this talk about upgrades has me thinking. We've had inside and verandah, both on 14-day cruises, and we were satisfied with both. I love, love, love a verandah, but the $ savings with the IGT are lovely, too. Hmmm. What to do, what to do.....we'll just have to wait and see what our assignments turn out to be.

I had an interesting conversation with a waiter today, who is originally from Mexico City and still has many family members there. He said half his cousins are in the Mafia and half in the Army ("same thing", according to him :rotfl2:). He told us stories of kidnappings, murders, etc. and gave us advice on what NOT to do in Mexico in general, but when he heard we are going to Cabo, PV and CM, he reassured us they are perfectly safe. I had no doubts, but it was nice to hear his pov. He equated it to NYC, where hanging out in parts of the Bronx (where he also lived for many years) is not a good idea, but Manhattan is safe. Just food for thought for anyone who may not want to leave the ship :scratchin.

Us too!! And I definitely did not book twice...:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter