EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW and I got to gold after our Alaskan last year. I can't believe it's been over a year. I guess we are making up for it by taking the 14 night:cool1:

disneyrick said:
DW and I got to gold after our Alaskan last year. I can't believe it's been over a year. I guess we are making up for it by taking the 14 night:cool1:

The BF's first cruise as gold will be Panama so I will have to listen to him gloat for about two and a half months. :( (I will hit gold in January.)

Dd was a bit annoyed that I received a gold lanyard last week and she got a silver one. I then told her that come Dec, she and I will both have a gold one and her brothers will have silver. She liked that! :rotfl: Oh the love of sibling rivalry.

For everyone who was interested in the private whale watching tour, they says their season only begins on December 16. :( To me, that seems stupid when it's a private tour but each to their own. I'm kind of bummed out. Haven't told the BF yet, he will be so disappointed.

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

For everyone who was interested in the private whale watching tour, they says their season only begins on December 16. :( To me, that seems stupid when it's a private tour but each to their own. I'm kind of bummed out. Haven't told the BF yet, he will be so disappointed.

Couldn't they just call it a private boat excursion? The "sanctifying agency" whatever that is, should be fine with that - and if you *happened* to see whales - well Whales go where they want when they want!

My ressie shows up twice too - and I definitely didn't pay twice.

dthogue, come out and sit with me in the Cove in the mornings! It's much better than to sit in the cabin and need to be quiet! I can't understand this ability to 'sleep in' past 7 am:confused3

Busy day today - getting ready to hit the road tomorrow.

Happy Day, everyone!

LindaBabe said:

Couldn't they just call it a private boat excursion? The "sanctifying agency" whatever that is, should be fine with that - and if you *happened* to see whales - well Whales go where they want when they want!

My ressie shows up twice too - and I definitely didn't pay twice.

dthogue, come out and sit with me in the Cove in the mornings! It's much better than to sit in the cabin and need to be quiet! I can't understand this ability to 'sleep in' past 7 am:confused3

Busy day today - getting ready to hit the road tomorrow.

Happy Day, everyone!

I asked them that, and nope. :(

QUOTE]

Me either - I don't have the ability to sleep past 5-5:30. I'm an early bird!! Only problem is that I'm ready for bed at 9:30pm :rotfl2:

I would love to join you! I know you are an early exerciser too - do you go to the gym on the ship? I'm planning on walking in the morning if my sore feet cooperate.

Tammy

From what I read so far, it seems like 13 days prior to cruise is IGT/OGT/VGT rooms are assigned. Patience...

You sound like my Mom. I have never had patience. My Mom would call it the P word and when I was younger (ok and now) she would go, Emily, now what's the P word...

I just get so excited!

For everyone who was interested in the private whale watching tour, they says their season only begins on December 16. :( To me, that seems stupid when it's a private tour but each to their own. I'm kind of bummed out. Haven't told the BF let, he will be so disappointed.

I am having issues trying to book a SCUBA tour. It appears the shop I contacted usually does their tours through the cruise line and won't take out any cruise ship passengers without them going through the cruise ship. I even explained that our ship wasn't offering it as an excursion. I also haven't informed DH yet because he will be disappointed so I want to keep looking into it before I crush his hopes and dreams.

I can't understand this ability to 'sleep in' past 7 am:confused3

Me either - I don't have the ability to sleep past 5-5:30. I'm an early bird!! Only problem is that I'm ready for bed at 9:30pm :rotfl2:

I would love to join you! I know you are an early exerciser too - do you go to the gym on the ship? I'm planning on walking in the morning if my sore feet cooperate.

Tammy

Glad to hear there are early birds on the ship! I am up at 5:30 and already at work by 7. This habit doesn't stop on weekends or vacations. I am hoping to maybe take afternoon naps so that I can enjoy the nightlife a little bit.

DH and I are normally running at 7 so we skipped the 7am gym class (normally a sunrise strech) but try to hit up an 8am spin class after running when they have them. We also will hit up the gym after running to lift.

My slow *** likes to talk to someone while running so if anyone is interested in a workout buddy yet me know. DH makes for a horrible workout buddy since his pace is half of mine and while my sister is in much better shape than me, she prefers to spin (she is a spin instructor) and will only run if her life depended on it.

Looking forward to seeing the early risers around the ship bright and early!

Have sent out pms to all who responded about the Costa Maya tour. If you asked about it but didn't get a pm, let me know. Thanks.

Will also be reconfirming brunch.

I can't understand this ability to 'sleep in' past 7 am:confused3!

Glad to hear there are early birds on the ship! I am up at 5:30 and already at work by 7. This habit doesn't stop on weekends or vacations. I am hoping to maybe take afternoon naps so that I can enjoy the nightlife a little bit.

Me either - I don't have the ability to sleep past 5-5:30. I'm an early bird!!
Despite your obvious mental deficit :confused3 (says, she, the night owl), I'm sure we can still be friends :grouphug: (although you're all clearly crazy:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:)!

We were thinking of you, the "fit" people (said with envy ::yes::) this past weekend, when we were visiting DH's mother in Stroudsburg PA and had to wind through traffic that was re-routed for an Ironman triathlon. We watched the cyclists pass her home all morning...very impressive. Now if I can just lose an entire person off my body, I'm in! :rotfl2:

Despite your obvious mental deficit :confused3 (says, she, the night owl), I'm sure we can still be friends :grouphug: (although you're all clearly crazy:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:)!

We were thinking of you, the "fit" people (said with envy ::yes::) this past weekend, when we were visiting DH's mother in Stroudsburg PA and had to wind through traffic that was re-routed for an Ironman triathlon. We watched the cyclists pass her home all morning...very impressive. Now if I can just lose an entire person off my body, I'm in! :rotfl2:

My Dad told me when I was a teenager (in regards to my 11PM weekend cerfew) that nothing good happens after 11PM. I listened to well!

People who do ironman's aren't just fit, they are insane! My fitness level is no where near theirs! I barely made it through a marathon, I can't imagine having to do a swim and bike ride with it. I might try a sprint tri, seems so much more managable and sane.

My friend did the race in Stroudsburg. It was her 4th or 5th Ironman this year! Crazy

That is a bummer. Thanks for checking!

We just booked our flights! Taking a chance on flying in the day of. We have 5 hours for possible delays so hopefully nothing goes wrong. Also got a pretty good flight coming home considering we have to go across two countries! It will feel like 3am when we get home but at least we won't have to get out of bed for awhile afterwards since it is only Christmas :rotfl2:

Has anyone seen a DCL post about "earliest flight time recommended?" I believe for Port Canaveral it's usually listed as noon. But with Miami being new and all.....

So while on the Fantasy during a cooking class, DH asked a question about the food and the chef informed him that all the food for the week is loaded in PC and they do not restock along the way. (this explains why the krispy cream donuts are so gross on the last day)

DH was wondering if during the longer cruises if they stop at any place to restock or if all food is loaded on the first day. I did not pay attention to this during the Med cruise. Does anyone know?

DH has a theory that Disney wants this cruise to remain some what empty because carrying and storing enough food for 14 days for a half full ship is easier than doing so for a full one. He also has a theory that Disney wants some rooms empty so that they can repair rooms that need it.

His thought is that Disney has to move the ship anyway so any passengers on board while they do it is an added bonus.

These reasons could explain why they aren't pushing to hard to sell it to the general public.

His lastest theory is that Disney won't place anyone on floors 1 &2 and repair those rooms and everyone will have a higher deck room and maybe a view.

Who knows..I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the room assignments come out! Does anyone know when that maybe?

I was just reading in Wikipedia about the Panama Canal (it must be true - it;s on the internet;)) and it says the cruise ships pay per permanent bed on the ship. One price for empty ones and a higher price for filled ones. If true, this would support the theory that DCL isn't desperate to fill the ship.

Tammy

. . .

DH and I are normally running at 7 so we skipped the 7am gym class (normally a sunrise strech) but try to hit up an 8am spin class after running when they have them. We also will hit up the gym after running to lift.

My slow *** likes to talk to someone while running so if anyone is interested in a workout buddy yet me know. DH makes for a horrible workout buddy since his pace is half of mine and while my sister is in much better shape than me, she prefers to spin (she is a spin instructor) and will only run if her life depended on it.

Gals, you have the wrong end of the stick where I am concerned:rotfl2: I "work out" in order to keep moving, but iron woman I am SO NOT! I will be happy to go out there on the track with you in the mornings, or up on deck 10 if it's nice, but you can expect to 'Lap" me at regular intervals.

WVURunner - that was me - at my desk or in the lab at 6:30 and I had usually been to the gym first. At least, Tammy, getting up that early you get to see Sunrises. And therell be a regular group of early risers at the coffee station - just wait, you'll see.

I start work at 7 - usually up by 4:30-5:00. I am what they call a "waddler" or slogger (think penguin) - very slow jog, unfortunately my feet can't take too much more than that. I do enjoy a spin class, so maybe. I am trying to get serious about my health and losing weight - so I am game to try anything :)

Nap time is about 3:00pm in the adult pool area on those wonderful comfy chairs - already told DD and DH that's where they will find me :)

Tammy

Has anyone seen a DCL post about "earliest flight time recommended?" I believe for Port Canaveral it's usually listed as noon. But with Miami being new and all.....

I called DCL a couple of weeks ago and asked them. The official word is they recommend you not book a flight before noon. We decided to stay in Miami on 12/23 and use FF miles to fly out on the 24th (fewer miles needed on the 24th than the 23rd).

Maybe we should have Jeff add this as "meet"!:cool1:

I can do it! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter