• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the #1 tour on tripadvisor in PV with almost unanimous excellent ratings. I'm leaning pretty strongly to signing up for this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Spencer, thank you for contacting Ocean Friendly Tours, we are always glad to attend your requests.

We have availability for you and your wife on our Respectful Whale Watching tour scheduled for December 12th 2012. We will schedule a special departure for cruise passengers at 11:30am. with return at 3:00pm

The cost of our Whale Watching tour is $99 USD per adult and it includes: Bilingual Marine Scientist and Naturalist assistant as your guides, illustrated field guides and didactic material, Hydrophones and speaker system (to listen the whales and dolphins vocalizations underwater), West Marine inflatable life vests, dry bags, lunch, soft drinks and bottled purified water.

The minimum recommended age for our Whale Watching tour is 2 years old, and the tour admission for children up to 8 years is $79 US.

You can find more information and galleries of our tours at http://www.oceanfriendly.com/Whale_Watching_Tours/whale_watching_tours.html

To make a reservation please let us know if the day itinerary are OK for you to join the tour, the number of adults and children in your party and your contact information such as the name of your cruise and a phone number where to reach you in case there are changes in the tour's itinerary.

To confirm your reservation please purchase your tickets online through our site. Your receipt will be your ticket.

In the case you prefer a Private Whale Watching Tour please let me know to give you a quotation.

Advanced reservations required, we have limited space available.

Thank you for your preference, receive my warmest regards and I look forward to share my passion for the whales and knowledge of the ocean with you and your wife in a near future.

Sincerely yours,

Oscar Frey
CEO
Ocean Friendly Tours

I recall reading a post a while back that said how full -- or not full -- our cruise is. I think you have to subscribe to something to get at that information so was wondering if anybody has an update. If anyone is a TA, is it possible to learn what sort of vacancies they have left for inside staterooms (seems to me there are a lot of folks on the FE who listed IGT as their category). Thanks

We currently have 54% availability. A few weeks ago, we had 58%. In those few weeks, Cat 5C has fallen off the availability list. The Categories that are sold out are R, S, 5C, 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A & 11C.

Does anyone know what time the port opens - we want to try to upgrade and would like to be there at opening - we are relying on a shuttle to get us there and I'm not sure what time to schedule our pick up.

Tammy
princess:

At first I was going to do the Chacchoben ruins tour, however, I have never down a Western Caribbean cruise and just looked at the port times (the Western is next on my list!). We have so much longer in port than the Western that I am wondering whether I should do Kohunlich Or Dzibanche ruins instead. I am confused!!!!!!!

We are doing Kohunlich. I think they are very similar but we are hoping they might be less crowded.

At first I was going to do the Chacchoben ruins tour, however, I have never down a Western Caribbean cruise and just looked at the port times (the Western is next on my list!). We have so much longer in port than the Western that I am wondering whether I should do Kohunlich Or Dzibanche ruins instead. I am confused!!!!!!!

Since we've visited Chacchoben a few times, we decided to go to Dzibanche. If you read the write ups on the Native Choice's site on the different options, there are a few minor differences between the sites based on their 'purpose'. That might help you decide which you'd like to explore first. :goodvibes

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Another rainy morning here, but I'm happy! The neighborhood association had their meeting last night (which I HATE to attend) and it went well. I said my piece and escaped early to stamp club.

The SCRAPBOOK GROUP is now full, closed and creating.

I wonder if 54% availability means 54% of cabins are empty, or 54% of the max number of people who *could* go? My cabin is only 1/3 full, but those other two spaces aren't really available.

Please think healthy thoughts for JSails. She had a little mishap.

Happy Wednesday, all!

We currently have 54% availability. A few weeks ago, we had 58%. In those few weeks, Cat 5C has fallen off the availability list. The Categories that are sold out are R, S, 5C, 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A & 11C.

I wonder if 54% availability means 54% of cabins are empty, or 54% of the max number of people who *could* go? My cabin is only 1/3 full, but those other two spaces aren't really available.

Thanks DV. I'm no expert, but whatever the interpretation isn't that number pretty low for any Disney cruise when they're just a couple of months out? Low numbers would be fine with me. That said, if 54% is on the lower end, I wonder why DCL hasn't pushed this cruise harder on their specials page. Hmmm... :scratchin

I finally nagged my sister enough that she caved in and gave me her information so that I could book the hotel while we are in Disneyland. We will be staying at the Sheraton near Disneyland. Has anyone stayed here before?

I also got permission to use her CC to book their return tickets home.

According to my "source" who called last night to rub some things in ( I will spare you the painful details I had to hear), there are plenty of verandah rooms available. I believe there will be lots of available upgrades at the port. Unless we get connecting inside rooms, I think we might actually get to the port early to try for an upgrade. It seems like a good use of my OT money and why not since we will have the room for 14 nights! Though DH really likes his dark inside cabin. Based on the info I got, I believe that the % is based on available cabins, not people. My "source" is still bitter we are going on a cruise without them, our first time cruising DCL without them! Not my fault you can't give birth on a Disney Ship!

Who else is looking to upgrade at the port?

WVURunner said:
I finally nagged my sister enough that she caved in and gave me her information so that I could book the hotel while we are in Disneyland. We will be staying at the Sheraton near Disneyland. Has anyone stayed here before?

According to my "source" who called last night to rub some things in ( I will spare you the painful details I had to hear), there are plenty of verandah rooms available. I believe there will be lots of available upgrades at the port. Unless we get connecting inside rooms, I think we might actually get to the port early to try for an upgrade. It seems like a good use of my OT money and why not since we will have the room for 14 nights! Though DH really likes his dark inside cabin. Based on the info I got, I believe that the % is based on available cabins, not people. My "source" is still bitter we are going on a cruise without them, our first time cruising DCL without them! Not my fault you can't give birth on a Disney Ship!

Is the Sheraton the one that looks like an old Tudor manor? If so, yes. In 2005. It has a neat koi ornamental pond in the lobby and I enjoyed my stay. You can walk to DLR from there, it's at the back of DLR so you walk through Downtown Disney. :)

Count me in on the port upgrade! Currently we have no room assigned but booked an 11C, I would love a verandah with so many sea days (I think I'd love it, I've never had a verandah before!)

We're very happy with the cabin we booked (a sideways Cat 11 on deck 6), but if there's a veranda available for a reasonable price at the port, we might consider it, or even a porthole. On my 9/12 Canada cruise, friends upgraded at the port from an IGT to the Roy O. Disney suite. I can only dream about such an upgrade LOL!!!

Beth

WVURunner said:

We have stayed at the Sheraton that looks like the Tudor Labor Day weekend the past 2yrs. They are very friendly here but the rooms are hit & miss depending what you get. We stayed at the more contemporary Sheraton prior and it had just been remodeled but you have to ride public transportation here,drive or a bit of walk to get to the park. We liked both but for different reasons.

We are headed to Disneyland Friday can't wait to go & then we have the Halloween party Oct.15 so excited. Can't wait for this cruise to get here!

I don't think we will try for an upgrade. We sailed on the QM2 from New York to London with a balcony room and I could not look out at all, could not even walk on that side of the room. My husband said the seas were very calm (Marine Corps, so he has been on lots of ships). I think I am happy tp be in an inside room , more money for martinis.:). But I am very excited to see some other staterooms and I am going to try those wristbands you all have been talking about. :cool1: Sherry

:cool1: We received approval from DD's school yesterday for her to miss the 10 days of school for the cruise :cool1:

My only concern is her Algebra homework she will be brining along. Sad to say I know nothing about Algebra - is there anyone out there that is good with math and might be available if she has trouble and wouldn't mind helpihg her :confused3

Count us in on the upgrade at the port - hoping for a verandah :woohoo:

Tammy

Is the Sheraton the one that looks like an old Tudor manor? If so, yes. In 2005. It has a neat koi ornamental pond in the lobby and I enjoyed my stay. You can walk to DLR from there, it's at the back of DLR so you walk through Downtown Disney. :)

Count me in on the port upgrade! Currently we have no room assigned but booked an 11C, I would love a verandah with so many sea days (I think I'd love it, I've never had a verandah before!)

That's the hotel. Glad to hear it is near DTD and it is walkable.

We're very happy with the cabin we booked (a sideways Cat 11 on deck 6), but if there's a veranda available for a reasonable price at the port, we might consider it, or even a porthole. On my 9/12 Canada cruise, friends upgraded at the port from an IGT to the Roy O. Disney suite. I can only dream about such an upgrade LOL!!!

Beth

Wow, what an upgrade! I have only had inside cabins so I would be happy with anything.
We have stayed at the Sheraton that looks like the Tudor Labor Day weekend the past 2yrs. They are very friendly here but the rooms are hit & miss depending what you get. We stayed at the more contemporary Sheraton prior and it had just been remodeled but you have to ride public transportation here,drive or a bit of walk to get to the park. We liked both but for different reasons.

We are headed to Disneyland Friday can't wait to go & then we have the Halloween party Oct.15 so excited. Can't wait for this cruise to get here!

We weren't sure which Sheraton to book as both of the ones you mentioned used the same amount of points. Sheraton Park looked a lot nicer and newer but we were uncertain with using ART and if the kids could walk that far. I am hoping it will be a HIT for us as my sister is very picky(only stays deluxe) but I just think it will be easier walking with the kids (6&9). I will never hear the end of it from her if it is a miss!

Have fun a Disneyland!

I don't think we will try for an upgrade. We sailed on the QM2 from New York to London with a balcony room and I could not look out at all, could not even walk on that side of the room. My husband said the seas were very calm (Marine Corps, so he has been on lots of ships). I think I am happy tp be in an inside room , more money for martinis.:). But I am very excited to see some other staterooms and I am going to try those wristbands you all have been talking about. :cool1: Sherry

Well in that case, enjoy the booze money! We are a mixed group with upgrading ( I want to, DH doesn't), we have only done inside cabins and have been very happy as we are never in the room and really aren't the type (a least I don't think we are) to sit on our balcony. I would like to give it a shot but DH loves his dark room and enjoys the room layout more. On the Fantasy, our friends had a balcony and DH hated how you had to walk around the bed. There is only 2 of us so we don't really need the extra space. Hmm, maybe I am starting to learn towards saving the money for the drinks! It will depend on what room we get assigned and my sister's room. We are really hoping for connecting rooms or at least close rooms!

dthogue said:
:cool1: We received approval from DD's school yesterday for her to miss the 10 days of school for the cruise :cool1:

My only concern is her Algebra homework she will be brining along. Sad to say I know nothing about Algebra - is there anyone out there that is good with math and might be available if she has trouble and wouldn't mind helpihg her :confused3

Tammy

How old is your daughter? I tutored my friend at school in the UK for the math exam we sit at 16. She got an A. It has been a while since I have done algebra though!

Tammy

I'm sure I could help her out if she needs it. I peer tutored in HS and did it on the side in college. It has been awhile but I am sure I could figure it out. DH is great at math and is also good at explaining. Plus it will keep him "not bored" on sea days :thumbsup2

Just don't ask me for help in English! or spelling for that matter.

Glad you have the official okay for the trip.

Second, this is a long way out, but we want to take DS to DLR for his 5th birthday, which is April 27 of 2014 (so not next Spring but the one after that). I checked and Easter Sunday is April 20th that year. From what I can tell CA schools take Spring Break either the week before or the week after Easter. Can any SoCal residents with kids in public school give me advice on when we should visit? If we flew in on the 26th and made the 27th our first day in the park, would it be majorly crowded? While it would be fun to be there on his actual birthday, we are NOT crowd people and I don't mind
waiting, even a whole week, and going later.

Thanks!

It's been awhile since I've gone mid week before or after Easter but the farther you can go either before or after Easter will always be best. I would wait and go the week after the week following Easter Sunday.

Does anyone know what time the port opens - we want to try to upgrade and would like to be there at opening - we are relying on a shuttle to get us there and I'm not sure what time to schedule our pick up.

Tammy
princess:
According to DCL, the port opens at 11AM. Through some mixup, DCL believes that I am "pre-cruise" so I don't have an assigned arrival time. I plan to be there at 10:30 and plan to ask about port upgrades. I currently have a nice porthole but would appreciate a veranda.

I would also appreciate the Roy O. Disney suite, but that ain't happening.:sad2:

How old is your daughter? I tutored my friend at school in the UK for the math exam we sit at 16. She got an A. It has been a while since I have done algebra though!

She 14, 9th grade Algebra - thank you for your offer.

I'm sure I could help her out if she needs it. I peer tutored in HS and did it on the side in college. It has been awhile but I am sure I could figure it out. DH is great at math and is also good at explaining. Plus it will keep him "not bored" on sea days :thumbsup2

Just don't ask me for help in English! or spelling for that matter.

Glad you have the official okay for the trip.

That would be terrific - hopefully she'll be ok, math is not her strong point.

According to DCL, the port opens at 11AM. Through some mixup, DCL believes that I am "pre-cruise" so I don't have an assigned arrival time. I plan to be there at 10:30 and plan to ask about port upgrades. I currently have a nice porthole but would appreciate a veranda.

I would also appreciate the Roy O. Disney suite, but that ain't happening.:sad2:

Oh I would be happy with your porthole if you get an upgrade :cool1: We are in a 11b now - I would like just a little more space for us - I can see the 3 of us tripping over each other for 15 days :rolleyes1

tammy

Thanks DV. I'm no expert, but whatever the interpretation isn't that number pretty low for any Disney cruise when they're just a couple of months out? Low numbers would be fine with me. That said, if 54% is on the lower end, I wonder why DCL hasn't pushed this cruise harder on their specials page. Hmmm... :scratchin

Linda you are right...54% means 54% of the cabins are empty. And I agree with you that the total available capacity of the ship is probably even a higher percentage. I think there are going to be a lot of solo and couple travelers...not a lot of families due to the time of year. Therefore, a lot of cabins that can hold 3 or 4 people are booked for 1 or 2.

I agree LPT...I'm surprised that this close to the cruise, DCL hasn't started pushing this one with specials. The NY-Canada September cruises were deeply discounted one month before, but that was a 5-nighter...this is 14-nights, and you would think last minute bookings would be tough for folks with work, school, etc. I'm sure there will be a last-minute price drop, but how many people they'll get is hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter