Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had this (http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2011/01/frugal-with-capital-f.html) French Onion Soup last night, and BIG props to Tinkmom...that soup was AH-MA-ZING!!!! My whole family loved it!!!

Dinner tonight:

Chicken and Saffron Yellow Rice
French Style Green Beans
Yeast Rolls

I am glad you liked it. I really do use that soup in everything or as a fast heat up meal after it's frozen.

We are sticking with classics (classics in my house) this week:
Sunday was Arroz con pollo - hubbys' favorite
Monday: Pastys filled with ground beef, carrots, potatoes, onions
Tuesday: crock pot chicken tortilla soup
Wednesday: my daughter is touring high schools: meatloaf muffins
Thursday: possibly grocery shopping Shrimp and Orzo
Friday: My youngest daughter's 7th Birthday:) We are having pizza (Little Caesars) I am making the cake, and we are going to Chuck E Cheeses to play on the rides:)

Monday was leftover meatloaf muffins, homemade mac n cheese, spinach and arugula salad with tomatoes and red onion.
Today was lasagna soup, fresh baked rolls, homemade apple pie.

Will post the rest of the week as it happens..

Tonight...

Marinated chicken breasts...burned the sweet potato fries :rolleyes1 so we switched to homemade stuffing and we're having garden salad for our greens.

Busy day in the kitchen for me. I made 3 batches of make ahead homemade instant stuffing mix (thankfully), a loaf of bread and a batch of cherry koolaid play dough. I also have black beans going in my slow cooker, made pancakes from scratch for lunch (kids got out early today) and went shopping in the a.m. so I got food packaged and prepared for the fridge/freezer as well.

I have my dinners planned out for the rest of the month and I'm pretty excited about some of the new recipes I'm planning to try and some old faves the family loves.

I'm being lazy for the rest of the night though. :rotfl2:

Well today did not go as planned. I spent the entire day in the ER with my Grandma. Thankfully she is okay, she cut herself on the leg when she fell in her house. But we did not leave the hospital until almost 8pm. We drove thru Wendy's for us and her.

I've been slacking with not posting lately. My bad!
Sunday: ham/cheese and peperoni/cheese wraps w/homemade baked french fries.
Monday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn
Tuesday: broiled open sandwiches (tomato, cheese, and bacon), and tortellini soup
Wednesday: Pasta w/chicken parm, salad, garlic bread

Well today did not go as planned. I spent the entire day in the ER with my Grandma. Thankfully she is okay, she cut herself on the leg when she fell in her house. But we did not leave the hospital until almost 8pm. We drove thru Wendy's for us and her.

Hope you grandma is okay!!! :flower3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner tonight:

Stromboli
Baked Fries

Yesterday: Halibut chowder
Today: turkey cutlets, cabbage, mashed potatoes
Tomorrow: spaghetti and salad

Edit: Well, drat! I was tired after work tonight and DS successfully talked me into McDonalds. I made some mashed potatoes tonight so that having the turkey would be easier tomorrow (reheated potatoes--not perfect, but not as big a job after a long day). I also decided to add stuffing and change the vegie to broccoli. I pre-prepped the broccoli and the stuffing vegies, so it will be really quick tomorrow night.

I am going to try to make this shrimp and orzo tonight. I have to see how much time I have. We have a doc appt. at 2:30 and then have to be out of the house by 5 again. The shrimp should come together fast. We shall see!

I am going to try to make this shrimp and orzo tonight. I have to see how much time I have. We have a doc appt. at 2:30 and then have to be out of the house by 5 again. The shrimp should come together fast. We shall see!
I love orzo!! I boil it in chicken or beef broth (low or no sodium) for added flavor.

Though I swore I was relaxing for the rest of the night last night...I couldn't resist trying one more recipe. I made low fat chocolate cupcakes (you use pureed pumpkin in place of butter/eggs/oil) and they were pretty good for a first attempt. I'm going to try them again soon with a few tweaks and see if I can improve them.

Today I made Mexican Black Bean Burgers with the black beans I did up in the crock yesterday. I just froze them for a quick later-on meal. I love stocking my freezer but now that I'm avoiding most of the processed and packaged foods, it's looking woefully empty.

I also made up bread crumbs with some of yesterday's homemade bread...I needed some for the black bean burgers as well as some really fine breadcrumbs for tomorrow night. I'm making something that calls for a package of Shake and Bake so I had to make up my own homemade version and I thought I'd tackle that today.

Tonight we are having:
homemade pizza (using naan bread for the crust)
salad

Nothing has sounded good today.

DH is making crab,chicken, and mushrooms cooked together with onion and poblano.

Well. Tonight its serrano. No poblano.:)

stayhomemom77 said:
Though I swore I was relaxing for the rest of the night last night...I couldn't resist trying one more recipe. I made low fat chocolate cupcakes (you use pureed pumpkin in place of butter/eggs/oil) and they were pretty good for a first attempt. I'm going to try them again soon with a few tweaks and see if I can improve them.

Today I made Mexican Black Bean Burgers with the black beans I did up in the crock yesterday. I just froze them for a quick later-on meal. I love stocking my freezer but now that I'm avoiding most of the processed and packaged foods, it's looking woefully empty.

I also made up bread crumbs with some of yesterday's homemade bread...I needed some for the black bean burgers as well as some really fine breadcrumbs for tomorrow night. I'm making something that calls for a package of Shake and Bake so I had to make up my own homemade version and I thought I'd tackle that today.

Tonight we are having:
homemade pizza (using naan bread for the crust)
salad

Yum. Burgers sound great!

As does the pizza..

Well we spent the day at the hospital again with my Grandma. They admitted her to do some further testing. So my uncle treated to Bob Evans for dinner.

Those Hungry Girl pumpkin brownie cupcakes are good. Sometimes, I add some pumpkin spice to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter