Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is mine and hubby's anniversary so we have decided to leave the burritos in the freezer and take the kids to East Side Mario's for dinner. We have a gift card for the kids to eat free that's been burning a hole in DS's pocket! :rotfl2:

Happy Anniversary!

Tonight I am making egg plant Parm. and I also made strawberry-jalapeno jam.

Last night I made Rachael Rays' Patty Melts: http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-of-rachel-rays-patty-melts.html

Well, mom should be home tomorrow finally! She did her first round of chemo while she was in the hospital. We were just waiting on getting home health set up (for IV antibiotics she is still on for pneumonia) and then we should be good to go. Hopefully once she is home I will be able to get back on track.

Sunday: Eggs, Chicken Sausage, and Toast
Monday: Italian Style Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans

Then I will have to plan for next week!

We're doing well at not eating out. We had lunch out today, but ordered off the breakfast menu, which not only kept things cheap, but also kept me from overeating.

I've found that we're not only saving money by eating at home, but I'm also losing weight without really trying. I discovered a great website (skinnytaste.com), which has healthy recipes that are really easy to make.

Here's my plan for the week. I have a cold, so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up with it:

Sunday - skinnytaste chicken pot pie soup
Monday - crockpot beef stew
Tuesday - minestrone soup from the freezer
Wednesday - veggie wraps with salad
Thursday - crockpot chicken (not sure what kind, maybe BBQ, maybe curry)
Friday - tortilla casserole
Saturday ???? - hoping we can get a babysitter so DH and I can eat out

Well, mom should be home tomorrow finally! She did her first round of chemo while she was in the hospital. We were just waiting on getting home health set up (for IV antibiotics she is still on for pneumonia) and then we should be good to go. Hopefully once she is home I will be able to get back on track.

Glad to hear your mom is on her way home soon. I wish her the best on her road to recovery.

This past week did not go as planned. I ended up with the cold everyone had so I was in no mood to cook. Hopefully this week will be better.

Tonight I made london broil with baked potatoes and brussel sprouts
Tomorrow we are going out for my mom's birthday but we have a giftcard
Monday is Grilled ham and cheese with homemade tomato soup
Tuesday is apple meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes and broccoli
Wednesday is chicken stir fry with rice
Thursday is Homemade baked macaroni and cheese with salad
Friday is crock pot french dips with chips and fruit
Saturday is Chicken apple sausage with cheese tortilini and salad

Tonight is Chicken Strips for everyone - shrimp for me, Rice Pilaf for me & Hubs leftover mashed for DS and GB for all..

tomororow is the homecoming dance so we are just haveing pizza and there is hockey on sunday so we'll have a big bfast then DS will go home with his dad and Hubs and I will have leftover beef stew..

well we ended up having Pizza Friday night and then the Chicken Strips before homecoming on SAt.. No eating out - which was GREAT for us ..

Lily that is great to hear!!!

So yesterday after hockey DS went home with his dad so that just leaves me and DH for the week so we put the leftover frozen beef stew in the crockpot before we left and when we got home it was all ready when were..
tonight will be peanut chicken stirfry with potstickers
Tuesday will be Barber foods chicken parm with pasta, sauce and garlic bread
Wednesday will be leftover pork & gravy over jasmine rice and corn
Thursday will be chicken pillows, mashed sweets for DH and cauliflower gratin for me and fried zucchini.
Fri, Sat and Sun are all up in the air - I have a weekend scrapbooking event so I didn't want to plan anything because I do not know when I'll be home.. I think on Fri and Sun DH will drop me off and visit his parents in the next town for dinner/lunch then come back and get me and then on Sat ?? I will however just order from subway probs..

A few plan alterations...

Tonight-Bean and Rice Burritos
Tuesday-marinated chicken breasts and sweet potato fries
Wednesday-homemade pizzas
Thursday-parmesean chicken fingers

That's as far as I have planned for the week...I go shopping Thursday morning and I'll make another two week plan once I shop the deals and get my groceries.

I have school tonight. I am making pastys with ground beef, carrots, peas, onions, and potato. Hubby can just throw them in the microwave to heat up.

Mom is home! Yay! Now I can hopefully be able to get back on track. Here is what I have planned.

Tonight: Italian Style Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans

Tuesday: Roast Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs and Rice (crockpot)

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: White Chicken Chili with Corn Bread Crust

Saturday: Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Honey Glaze, Carrots, and Rice Pilaf

Sunday: Skinny Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Monday: Soup and Grilled Cheese

Mom is home! Yay!

So glad to hear things are looking up a bit for your Mom!!! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers, Lily!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I am home with a sick DS today...instead of the planned Meatless Monday meal I have decided to finally tackle:

Homemade French Onion Soup!!! :cool1: (gonna try Tinkmom's recipe)
Toasted Roast Beef and Provolone French Bread Sandwiches

oopsiDAISY said:
So glad to hear things are looking up a bit for your Mom!!! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers, Lily!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I am home with a sick DS today...instead of the planned Meatless Monday meal I have decided to finally tackle:

Homemade French Onion Soup!!! :cool1: (gonna try Tinkmom's recipe)
Toasted Roast Beef and Provolone French Bread Sandwiches

Homemade French onion?! Sounds amazing. DH loves it..but hates high sodium in canned soups...and doesn't like the cheese/crouton that restaraunts often use.

I worked a split shift at work today (9-3 then 6-8:30) but was able to come home inbetween and have grilled ham and cheese with tomato soup.

We will be eating out every single night this week. Sunday night we had dinner with my in-laws in New Orleans. We drove home yesterday so we had to eat on the road.

Tonight we are going out for Mexican to celebrate my sister's birthday.

Wednesday - Sunday: We will be at Disney World! :cool1: I am certainly not complaining about having to eat there! I will get back on track (in the kitchen AND at the gym!! lol) when we come home.

Hope everyone has a great week. :goodvibes

We will be eating out every single night this week. Sunday night we had dinner with my in-laws in New Orleans. We drove home yesterday so we had to eat on the road.

Tonight we are going out for Mexican to celebrate my sister's birthday.

Wednesday - Sunday: We will be at Disney World! :cool1: I am certainly not complaining about having to eat there! I will get back on track (in the kitchen AND at the gym!! lol) when we come home.

Hope everyone has a great week. :goodvibes

Have a great time!!

LilyWDW...I am glad your mother is home from the hospital.

We were in Disney last week and I am just getting back on track here.

Tuesday: Hamburger
Wednesday: ham & cheese omelet
Thursday: buffalo chicken wings
Friday: BBQ chicken
Saturday: tuna salad
Sunday: pig food - it's a beef, cheese, sauce casserole type thing that looks kind of like slop.:rotfl:

Lunch Wednesday - Saturday will be grilled chicken cesar salad.

A little late, but here's my menu for the week. I decided to try something different this week with meal planning and had each family member request something. I felt like I was getting in a rut with having to plan all the meals all week.

Sunday - Wicked Chicken Casserole & cranberry sauce (DS' pick)
Monday - Oven fried pork chops w/gravy, oriental rice, pickled beets and baby brussel sprouts (DH's pick) - the kids (ages 21 & 19) had tossed green salad as they don't the vegetables DH picked.
Tuesday - Lasagna, garlic bread and tossed salad (DD's pick)
Wednesday - Roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans w/mushrooms, and corn (my pick)
Thursday - Roast chicken with stuffing, gravy, peas and cornbread (DH's pick)
Friday - out to dinner for DS' birthday - his pick of restaurant
Saturday - Slow cooked BBQ ribs, oven roasted potatoes, broccoli and tossed salad (DD's pick)

Darcy that sounds like a great idea.. let us know how it works out.. (everyone should be happy at least once during the week.. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter