• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Tink,
no contest for us - we're not that fond of dressing in costumes anyway. We even avoid carnival in Germany completely.

Deb,
over here donor and recipient only get to know each other if they're related. Otherwise it's completely anonymous.

I work at Cardon Children's Hospital - Desert Samaritan. I have been there since 96. PCH is so far away since we live in Gilbert. I love my job!! Hope everything is going wonderful. Thank you for the kind words.

Kim

Oh I have a friend who works at Cardon's. Her name is Sara Richerson. :-)

I closed the poles for FE sizes and cut off date today.

In the FE Group size pole:
43% of the votes were for a group size of 20 -25 cabins
(no other option even came close)....So, it looks like a majority of y'all are in favor of sub-groups.

***a side note to this, several of you have replied that larger is fine with
you, so if you would like, after the sub-groups are set, I can make sure a
list of all FE cabins is available to those that want to give to cabins that
are in the other group as well as there own. Just let me know.***

In the Cut off Date to join the FE pole:
45% of the votes were for closing the FE at the end of July
(the end of August was in second place with 33%)
....So, the FE sign up will officially close on July 26th. That will be after I get back from Colorado, and before I start our next homeschool semester. This should give me enough time to take care of getting the groups set and sending out lists to everyone.....

I hope this fits everyone elses time frames as well. If this will cause a conflict, please let me know, and I will do what I can to accommodate.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you for the vote of confidence :lovestruc

However, it has been brought to my attention that there are those who get frustrated :furious: with the boards because it seems that one or two people seem to get on to a thread and dominate it. And it is perceived that these one or two people are trying to control everything.

If this is the impression I have given, I am truly sorry :(
I never intended to dominate or take control. I was one of the first few members, and I have always been eager to help any one who asked. This started when TiggerB brought up choosing a name and asked if I could draw up some pictures to go with the name ideas. As I love to draw, I was happy to do this.
As for the greetings and birthday wishes, I am a true believer in treating others as I would like to be treated. What that means is if I were a newbie, I would like a warm welcome, and if someone knew my birthday, I would be thrilled to get a birthday wish. Thus, I do so for others.
And the group page was a way to keep us all up to date with everything (especially with 50 plus pages on the thred), and I had the time to organize it. Until just recently, I thought this was a feature everyone had wanted.

If I have overstepped my bounds and led anyone to feel that I am dominating this group, I am very sorry :worship:
I would be happy to step back and let others step up.
However, if I misunderstood the intended meaning of the message, I have no problem with being the busy little beaver that it is my nature to be as long as my schedule allows.

I believe it was Deb who said that it is impossible to keep everyone happy, and I am starting to see that.

However, it has been brought to my attention that there are those who get frustrated :furious: with the boards because it seems that one or two people seem to get on to a thread and dominate it. And it is perceived that these one or two people are trying to control everything.

I never intended to dominate or take control. I was one of the first few members, and I have always been eager to help any one who asked. This started when TiggerB brought up choosing a name and asked if I could draw up some pictures to go with the name ideas. As I love to draw, I was happy to do this.
As for the greetings and birthday wishes, I am a true believer in treating others as I would like to be treated. What that means is if I were a newbie, I would like a warm welcome, and if someone knew my birthday, I would be thrilled to get a birthday wish. Thus, I do so for others.
And the group page was a way to keep us all up to date with everything (especially with 50 plus pages on the thred), and I had the time to organize it. Until just recently, I thought this was a feature everyone had wanted.

If I have overstepped my bounds and led anyone to feel that I am dominating this group, I am very sorry :worship:
However, if I misunderstood the intended meaning of the message, I have no problem with being the busy little beaver that it is my nature to be as long as my schedule allows.

I believe it was Deb who said that it is impossible to keep everyone happy, and I am starting to see that.

OMG in my personal opinion, I don't know if this cruise meet would really exist without you and any others that are taking the initiative to have momentum in this group. I am a planner by nature but I have barely enough energy to plan for my family much less a whole group of people outside of my personal circle! So, Thank you for all the time and effort you are putting in on this! It means a great deal.

Yikes! :scared1: I do hope the message you are referring to was not intended to be a shot at you!! I personally have not observed you crossing any line to over-dominate or over-step any boundaries on this Meets' Thread.

As someone who has been the main organizer of FE exchanges, meets, and extra activities on most of our cruises, I can tell you that it is a LOT of work! It requires staying on top of every post to the meets' thread so as not to miss anyone who wants to participate in any of our DIS activities. It requires great organizational skills. And it requires frequently checking in with cruisers to make sure that no one is left out.

As individual cruisers, we all have the option of joining in on the extra activities or not joining. Plain and simple. No one is judging who is/isn't participating. For example, DH and I are interested in the FE Exchange, Sail Away Meet & Greet, and the Maho "Crazy Plane Beach" group excursion. However, we have opted not to disclose information in the address database, not to join a FB page, and not participate in the Wine Meet or Pirate Make-over/Contest. But, we do appreciate that these activities have been planned for anyone who does want to participate.

If anyone is that frustrated with this meets' thread, my suggestion would be to stop reading it and direct any general cruise questions to the main cruise board where a wide variety of responses can be had. :thumbsup2

Once again, I would like to personally thank you, Tink, for all of your hard work on setting up and maintaining all of the activities for our cruise. :goodvibes Carry on...... :)

Hello Everyone and welcome aboard! I am Marriann Dennis. I will be joining you with my great friend Tatiana McIntosh. We are leaving our husbands, children and dogs behind in MA for a little vacation. We are in Stateroom 8580. It is my 7th Disney Cruise and Tatiana's very first cruise ever! Hoping to make it amazing for her!! Can't find the spot to sign up for the FE yet...but looking forward to it. Also I would like to join any Palo Brunch and dinner meets. I heard there was a t-shirt I needed to order too. Have I missed anything? Thank you!! WooHoo!!

Hello Everyone and welcome aboard! I am Marriann Dennis. I will be joining you with my great friend Tatiana McIntosh. We are leaving our husbands, children and dogs behind in MA for a little vacation. We are in Stateroom 8580. It is my 7th Disney Cruise and Tatiana's very first cruise ever! Hoping to make it amazing for her!! Can't find the spot to sign up for the FE yet...but looking forward to it. Also I would like to join any Palo Brunch and dinner meets. I heard there was a t-shirt I needed to order too. Have I missed anything? Thank you!! WooHoo!!

Welcome!!! :yay: I'm sure Tatiana will have a fabulous time!

Tink, aka pixiehallow, already added you to our FE list (see post 786 on page 53). Then see post 788 on page 53 for your "Welcome" greeting! :) There should be a message in your "Private Messages" from "pixiehallow" for specific directions on how to be added to our group page. :cool1: Our group page has more information on how to order/make t-shirts.

There aren't any organized Palo Brunches or dinner meets, but you're welcome to organize one if you'd like. :)

I just sent you a message about the database tab on the group page. Most everything you are looking to join is located there.
I already have you in the list of FE participants. Now you just need to fill out the FE forms on the group page. Click on the form, and then select add record at the top.
As for the shirt, we went through Vista Print. We used a groupon to get the best deal. Do you use groupon? If not, I can get you a link. I think there is still one in Phoenix. Basically you say you want to search in Phoenix for Vista Print. For $17 you can get a $70 voucher if it is still available. Once you get that, I will help you with the set up (mainly because that is the only option Vista gave us).
Hope this helps.
Tink

WOW.... You are fantastic!!! I am so glad you are helping us have more fun on this wonderful cruise. I know how hard it is to run a family, i have 4 children, a job, I have 2 jobs work 6days per week 64 hours a week. And have organized many large GS events. So again THANK YOU!!!! Because volunteerism is really harder than most people think.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know, I am always happy to help!!
Kim

Kim - where are you a nurse at? Malia is a hepatoblastoma survivor and all of her treatment was through PCH but we have been to Mercy Gilbert as well. I just wanted to say how much we value the nurses. Through our treatment journey, we fully came to realize how much we relied on the nurses and how a good nurse can make you feel so safe while a bad one can throw you into a tizzy! Luckily we never had a "bad" nurse...just one that was not at the top of my list. LOL Thank you for what you do!:love:

Our daughter is a cancer survivor thanks to Sloane Kettering hospital in NYC she had cervical cancer 17 years ago and is still free of any signs. Several years later she wanted children so with in vitro fertilization my wife was able to carry her own grandchildren now age 9 and 11.they are very special to us My wife is also a nurse in maternal child care

Our daughter is a cancer survivor thanks to Sloane Kettering hospital in NYC she had cervical cancer 17 years ago and is still free of any signs. Several years later she wanted children so with in vitro fertilization my wife was able to carry her own grandchildren now age 9 and 11.they are very special to us My wife is also a nurse in maternal child care

WOW! I've heard about women who have carried and given birth to their own grandchildren before! Incredible! Congratulations to all of you!!! :goodvibes

Wow that is amazing. What a gift and beautifully selfless act! Congratulations to all of you.

it has been brought to my attention that there are those who get frustrated :furious: with the boards because it seems that one or two people seem to get on to a thread and dominate it. And it is perceived that these one or two people are trying to control everything.

Tink.... we all greatly appreciate what you have done!!!!:love:
You have been extremly diplomatic throughout this planning process and let people like myself, who came in pretty late, plan an event, I love planning :hyper: and you saved me from lonliness on the cruise critic board!!!

You are doing a great job!! I know how hard it can be to be a main planner of a large group. On my last couple cruises I was in charge of everything....
I am a planner and I appreciate all of the planners in this group as I know you do too:love:

Tink,

I just wanted to weigh in and say thank you for all you do. I enjoy looking at the boards and planning, but I have much too busy of a schedule to even consider doing all the things that you do. I am sorry that you feel that some are not appreciative of all you have done. But I too, have had to learn that we can never make everyone happy.

Please keep up the wonderful work and advice. You have so much to offer!

Hi there- I too wanted to say a big thank you to pixie hallow and everyone else who has worked so hard on this group- you have done a fantastic job in making the cruise extra special for everyone.

Deb - Yes unfortunately, this was aimed directly at me through a PM. And as I told you in our conversations, I posted because I was not sure if it was just an individual or a more wide spread feeling. Plus, it was never my intention to detract from anyones vacation experience.

I am relieved to see that this was most likely an isolated case of frustration which sadly (as many of you noticed), hit a nerve :sad1:.

Thank each and everyone of you for your support and encouragement. :goodvibes

:cheer2:Plus I would like to offer a special thanks to Deb for the stories she shared with me and the advice she has offered us all. My hat goes off to her. My self and those who have been volunteering to keep everything organized :dance3: have had it easy compared to some of the groups Deb has had the pleasure of keeping up with. :thumbsup2

So, again Thank you for setting me straight. And I promise.....only one or two more melt downs :scared1: before the cruise.....:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

~Tink~

P.S. 88 days till fun on the cruise
88 days till fun........

Evening all- at the risk of looking really daft can somebody please point me in the direction of where I leave my details for the fe please- I have searched the yahoo group and don't know what I am doing wrong lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter