Early October Dining booking issues?

The Super Planner in me is getting very frustrated....:badpc:
I would be also, except that, I had heard that Disneyland is more laid back than WDW, and last minute reservations are not unusual. I am still tense, and I still check at least once a day, but in the back of my head, I remind myself that my husband would rather just "wing it"!:crazy:

Is it just me, because today on the Disneyland website, my computer isn't showing park hours at all. This is all so strange and unsettling.

Is it just me, because today on the Disneyland website, my computer isn't showing park hours at all. This is all so strange and unsettling.

I had the same issue last week. Make sure the "Disneyland" and "DCA" boxes in the left hand corner are checked and then hours should display. Every time you navigate to a new day or month you have to check them again! Very frustrating.

I had the same issue last week. Make sure the "Disneyland" and "DCA" boxes in the left hand corner are checked and then hours should display. Every time you navigate to a new day or month you have to check them again! Very frustrating.

Thanks! I have literally looked at park hours thousands of times and have never checked those boxes before. I swear for such a huge company you would think they would have better systems.

Thanks! I have literally looked at park hours thousands of times and have never checked those boxes before. I swear for such a huge company you would think they would have better systems.

It's weird. I usually check with Chrome, and it seems like by default all the boxes are checked. I checked from my work computer, on which I use IE, and none were checked. That threw me for awhile too as I did not realize it and thought the calendar had gone blank. Same goes with Firefox (not checked). But like I said, if visit the site with Chrome, the boxes are all checked. :confused3

edit: grammer

Last edited:

Still no dining showing up online past October 3 as of 7:45am Eastern....but we have park hours for October 4-9!!! That has to be a sign that we're getting close, right???

Does anybody know what time they open the phone lines? Although I guess if they see the same thing that we see online, does it actually help to call?

Does anybody know what time they open the phone lines? Although I guess if they see the same thing that we see online, does it actually help to call?
The phone lines open at 7am Pacific Time.
Right at 7am the wait for a CM hasn't been too bad.
If you actually see it online, you might as well book it, if it's that important to you.

When you call and are on hold waiting for a CM you do get to listen to Disney Theme music.
Other than that I really don't see an advantage to calling, unless you aren't able to book online.

Geemo

So they finally have park hours posted for our dates (10/4-10/6)! YAY! No online reservations possible yet, though. I'm going to try calling later today.

Same! It must be a recent update because I've been planning one Disney trip or another pretty much continuously since 2012 now and have never had to check those boxes either. :rolleyes:

I just tried calling and the CM said they still have nothing past 3rd. Can't even do character dining at our resort as it is tied in with park hours. The wait continues. I feel bad for them though they must be getting so many irate people calling in and they don't even know anything themselves. Previous customer service rep here and I remember the days when some people (not all) got agressive on the phone guess that is why I don't do it anymore.

Happy planning all. K

I wasn't really paying attention until the last few days when we hit our own 60 day mark. I thought it would be fixed by now. HAH.

Does anyone have a guess on what's going on? Is it related to the park hours? Any rumors about what would cause the delay in park hours? Is this typical for this time of year?

Park hours are now out for the 1st week in October and they are loooong for Disneyland. Monday and Wednesday are MHP nights so no change to last year (8am-6pm), but the Tuesday 6th is 8am-11pm, and Thursday 8th is 8am-midnight (both with MM/EMH from 7). Last year those days were standard off season 10am-8pm. DCA is still standard off season - edited to add DCA is opening at 8am each day that week so not standard hours there either.

No sign of entertainment yet, or dining...

Last edited:
Disney must be planning for a big crowd then with the longer hours! We are going to be exhausted this vacation or maybe we will have a good excuse to take a nap in the afternoon.

So there's some sign of life.... now it actually loads dinner hours as well as lunch hours in the online reservations system - I'm trying to get into Carthay Circle on Saturday the 10th for dinner - but.... it shows no tables available no matter what time I choose for dinner. So it appears they are not "released" yet - but at least there are some positive changes.

Disney must be planning for a big crowd then with the longer hours! We are going to be exhausted this vacation or maybe we will have a good excuse to take a nap in the afternoon.

See I'm not sure, that's what I originally thought when I saw the longer hours, that they are expecting it to be busier, and maybe they are. But the more I think about it I think that it also might have to do with the 60th fireworks and they may have decided to run the parade twice a night instead of only once?

We're going the last week in October. Does anyone know how far in advance they usually post hours?

We're going the last week in October. Does anyone know how far in advance they usually post hours?

Usually it is about 6 weeks out, but for some reason lately the hours have been really slow coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter