Eachtraí le aintín Nay - Seachtain Pádraig 2015

I think so too dhidra. Nearly went for GF at Christmas but they were full. If Catherine can go back we will definitely try it if there is availability. :thumbsup2

I have even been tempted to trade in the 2 Santa Fe rooms for 1 SQL GF room for our Jan 16 trip but think I would regret it. The 2 bathrooms and being able to have some privacy are probably worth more to us than the better hotel. I can only imagine the mess of 1 hotel room with cases for 4 people and all the stuff a toddler needs. January days are much shorter so we may be in our rooms for longer and I'm not that keen on being wakened by the young uns coming in late. If they go out I'll be taking the baby to sleep in my room and letting John share with Mark and Ruth. :rotfl:

Sorry for the TJ Kizzy. :hug:

Fingers and toes crossed Dee! I hit Dunnes, Penneys and Dorothy Perking today and have a couple of outfits to see me through WE. One less worry :goodvibes

No worries ladies, chat away :thumbsup2
I'll be back tonight with a little update x

Sorry for the delay, I was trying to be super organised and cooking in advance to save husband claiming I was abandoning him! But I did finally manage to catch my big sister on a day off and show her all the food options (I think she was overwhelmed). Turns out she isn't awful fussy, she didn't baulk at the prices and her only request was no Chilli Con Carne! Lol obvs BBWWS is not for our delicate digestions! As if!

So here is what I've pulled together and I hope its diverse - what do you think?

Sunday - dinner at Annettes for myself and the double Js with our besties Ruth and Jonah.

Monday - lunch in DLParc maybe Toad Hall or Hakuna Matata - dinner in our hotel based on what is on offer in the Yacht Club this could change to eating in Cape Cod

Tuesday - St Patrick's Day - lunch in DLParc TBA - dinner in The Chuckwagon

Wednesday - lunch in Bistrot Chez Remy - dinner on the fly somewhere quick in the Village, possibilities are New York Sandwich/Earl of Sandwich/Sports Bar

Thursday - lunch in Val D'Europe - dinner in Rainforest Cafe

Friday - a massive breakfast followed by much waddling and a rushed overpriced sandwich in Charles de Gaulle airport - no point in lying, its becoming tradition :rotfl:

Transfers are now paid for and I pay the hotel balance next month :cool1: Time to get going on that to do list!

And I got on great in WE. I loved my 1st day and was nervous but the staff are so nice and friendly and I had great fun. Fingers crossed I've found the career for me. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks there which will bring me right up to our holiday.

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: 64 SLEEPS :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

There's going to be a new ticker tomorrow too!!! :jumping1:

Ooooh, looking forward to hearing about the new ticker. :goodvibes

Also looking forward to hearing more about counter service places before my family trip - have done very few on my trips with Catherine but will definitely be more that trip.

Great meal plan Kizzy
One of my fave places at DLP is cape cod on my trip with just me and twins we first are there the boys where just shy of 3 so still eating free ;)
Me and just them with a view over lake disney onto cafe Mickey and the HNY.
Perfect and much ti the boys happiness the do sausage rolls.
lol at the over priced sandwich I do this on every trip I'm not buying nothing I'm not spent €20 on muffins and coffee on our journey from london to Lillie.
Really never again ;)
New ticker do tell !!!
Xx

Nice varied meals alright! No character meal?
No I don't think we will this time but there will definitely be one or two for James' birthday trip and mine too! I reckon James will want to do Cafe Mickey for his or possibly the Inventions Sunday brunch which is a definite for my birthday trip. I would love to try out more of the restaurants we havent eaten in yet like Blue Lagoon and the Silver Spur and the hotel restaurants - we haven't eaten in either NPB restaurant or the Manhattan or Cali Grill. I feel a new bucket list coming on!

Ooooh, looking forward to hearing about the new ticker. :goodvibes

Also looking forward to hearing more about counter service places before my family trip - have done very few on my trips with Catherine but will definitely be more that trip.

My tickers need a good diet!! They wont fit!! Just messing about with them for the 4th time! I'm going to post an update in 2 minutes! Just had a very good evening! :cool1:

Ask away Anne, we're eaten in most of them - anywhere in particular catch your eye? There is something for everyone and even what would be seen as exotic is done in such a way it would suit most palates.

Great meal plan Kizzy
One of my fave places at DLP is cape cod on my trip with just me and twins we first are there the boys where just shy of 3 so still eating free ;)
Me and just them with a view over lake disney onto cafe Mickey and the HNY.
Perfect and much ti the boys happiness the do sausage rolls.
lol at the over priced sandwich I do this on every trip I'm not buying nothing I'm not spent €20 on muffins and coffee on our journey from london to Lillie.
Really never again ;)
New ticker do tell !!!
Xx

Oooh what kind of food should we expect at Cape Cod pet?
€20 for muffins and coffee :scared1: wah! Thats madness but the same kind of madness I always give into when I'm travelling! To be fair we did get some yummy crisps in the relay shop but the sandwiches were silly money! Lol there I was penny pinching in CDG after spending €18 on curly fries and a burger in Lucky Nugget during the week! I was out of the Disney bubble though so I suppose it was back to reality!
Update in process :thumbsup2

So I took the plunge and booked my birthday trip for 2016! The debate was between DLH for 5 days and HNY for 6..............................................................................................

HNY and more so the extra day won!! :dance3:
The plan was always for it to be fun filled and full of nice dinners and staying at HNY will allow us to arrive on the Sunday following my 30th birthday and we get to dine at the Inventions Sunday brunch :woohoo: I was umming and aahing until the final minute and the lovely lady in the US call centre, Flora, helped me make my mind up! Its still a fab hotel and I am super happy to be staying there with the kids again.

I also broke the news this evening that I had booked SQL for James' 7th birthday! He was super excited! His little face lit right up! But thats still over a year away! The kids have the meals planned already!

And in March news, I had been kinda peeved that we couldn't stay at the Premier Inn the night before we fly - its kind of a tradition at this stage - the family rooms were all gone online and doubles were €113!! We normally pay €39!
But I had a look earlier, got a happy surprise and have now got a family room booked with breakfast for myself (kids are free) all for €49.
Maybe they only release them in blocks but whatever happened I'm delighted!
I also spent my Tesco vouchers and will have €20 towards our dinner in TGI Fridays.

Its all coming together! Happy Sunday everyone :dance3:

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: 63 SLEEPS :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

Congratulations on your new booking Kizzy. 3 tickers - nice. :cool1:

Great news about Premier Inn too - I looked to see if we could get cheap price for night before our Jan 16 trip and there was no availability but maybe closer to time we can get it. Not sure I will book earliest flight though if we don't have hotel night before. :confused3

Congratulations on your new booking Kizzy. 3 tickers - nice. :cool1:

Great news about Premier Inn too - I looked to see if we could get cheap price for night before our Jan 16 trip and there was no availability but maybe closer to time we can get it. Not sure I will book earliest flight though if we don't have hotel night before. :confused3

You can book a year to the date in advance. If the offer isnt on when they are initially released, keep an eye out, I think definitely 6 months in advance you should be seeing the cheap saver rates of €39. Kids eat free for breakfast and its a great breakfast. Very fresh continental selection and loads of tasty hot food. You can also park for the duration there reasonably and its only €1 for the bus to the airport, kids are again free :thumbsup2

Thanks Kizzy - it's showing availability up until December 15 and cheap rates up to August. If we stay it will be to get the 6.50 flight out so not sure they will provide breakfast early enough - think we will be having breakfast on the plane. Family think we should just drive straight to airport but I'm nervous about driving so late without any sleep. Lads are going to have to get bus as I won't have enough room for all 5 of us and luggage in my little Getz.

I would of went for the extra day too :love:
We love the HNY and I have a feeling you may upgrade though :lmao:
Cape code much like hunter grill tbh the view better IMO
How many sleeps ? Xx

Thanks Kizzy - it's showing availability up until December 15 and cheap rates up to August. If we stay it will be to get the 6.50 flight out so not sure they will provide breakfast early enough - think we will be having breakfast on the plane. Family think we should just drive straight to airport but I'm nervous about driving so late without any sleep. Lads are going to have to get bus as I won't have enough room for all 5 of us and luggage in my little Getz.

I've been worrying about squeezing 2 cases into my little Ford Ka! I only bought it before christmas and never thought to bring cases to see if they'd fit. :worried:
We will make breakfast the next 2 times but not the last. I think it starts at 6 but I'll be checking soon so I will get back to you :thumbsup2
Either way, I like the security of staying only 5 minutes from the airport and getting to start the holiday a day in advance :cool1:

Fingers crossed for the cases Kizzy, the boot in a Ka is very small indeed - at least I had one as a courtesy car many years ago and it was - not sure they're the same since they remodelled the fiesta. Sending pixiedust: to help.

And yes, if you can find out what time breakfast starts that would be great. :thumbsup2

I would of went for the extra day too :love:
We love the HNY and I have a feeling you may upgrade though :lmao:
Cape code much like hunter grill tbh the view better IMO
How many sleeps ? Xx

Sorry Rach, my phone died. It was over €1000 dearer for 6 days at DLH :crazy2: could always sell a kidney :idea:
61 sleeps now! Have you tried the yacht club? It's also a strong contender. I missed walking up through the Village when we were at DLH! And I really enjoyed our stays at HNY so hopefully it will be lovely xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter