DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

We will arrive one week from today with two nights at OKW - Sunday is our parks day with fastpass for Seven Dwarfs and special viewing for the MK parade - we want to check these out before the grandkids trip in December. Then we'll head over to studios for the Frozen Fireworks recommended by someone on this group.... I think it was Bobbi...but I love fireworks and they are ending in September. Debbie
We're staying at OKW too - coming in on Sunday. Not going to any parks - going to check out the changes to Springs. Dinner at Olivia's. Are you taking the bus to the port? We are. We usually have a large group and use Happy Limo. But with just the two of us, we voted for the bus. I'm looking forward to the cruise, but will be totally different without adult kids and grandkids. Can't wait to make some new friends!

Ok, we're set to fly out today! Heading to Vero for 2 nights, then Poly for 5! Tom tweaked our original SW flights so we did not have to wake up at 3 this AM, we have a direct flight now this afternoon.

Safe travels to everyone, and I am looking forward to meeting friends!

We're staying at OKW too - coming in on Sunday. Not going to any parks - going to check out the changes to Springs. Dinner at Olivia's. Are you taking the bus to the port? We are. We usually have a large group and use Happy Limo. But with just the two of us, we voted for the bus. I'm looking forward to the cruise, but will be totally different without adult kids and grandkids. Can't wait to make some new friends!
Can't wait to meet you and share our "grammy guilt" - my grandkids are not happy that we are sailing without them - will probably be booking a placeholder on this trip for a trip with them in the future ! We have a car because my husband likes to feel in control and hates to depend on the busses. See you REAL soon ! Debbie

Ok, we're set to fly out today! Heading to Vero for 2 nights, then Poly for 5! Tom tweaked our original SW flights so we did not have to wake up at 3 this AM, we have a direct flight now this afternoon.

Safe travels to everyone, and I am looking forward to meeting friends!
Travel safely - glad you got a direct flight so you won't get stuck anywhere else ! See you REAL soon !

Can't wait to meet you and share our "grammy guilt" - my grandkids are not happy that we are sailing without them - will probably be booking a placeholder on this trip for a trip with them in the future ! We have a car because my husband likes to feel in control and hates to depend on the busses. See you REAL soon ! Debbie
We already have one scheduled for Nov. 27th out of Galveston. Our daughter lives in Houston - so it's really convenient. We will be bringing two of our grandchildren from here in Minnesota and the one from Texas makes 3 of our 7 on the cruise. I don't actually feel guilty - high school soccer tryouts are this week and there's no way they could miss the first week of practice. It will just be different - no minions to run for pop or ice cream or late night movie buddies. Guess I'll just have to spend more time with my husband!!

I know what you mean - we are so use to planning our WDW trips around the grandkids that they know we always do an Epcot Food & Wine trips for the two of us only - we can sleep in and just stroll around Epcot ! We don't have a school excuse because they're homeschooled so they can go anytime of the year. We are looking at a fall 2016 cruise out of Galveston because we have all just relocated to Texas after always living in Missouri so would really like to save airfare - can't do it this year because we're already doing a big WDW trip with them in December.

Hi All,

We arrive at WDW on Fri and are staying at BLT! LOVE BLT...really wish we had bought there. Anyway, we will see you at the TOTWL.

Meg

Hi All,

We arrive at WDW on Fri and are staying at BLT! LOVE BLT...really wish we had bought there. Anyway, we will see you at the TOTWL.

Meg

We are at BLT too. We will arrive sometime Saturday afternoon. See you at TOTWL!

Oh my gosh, two more work days and I am ON VACATION!!!! (and one day to pack)! So ready for this trip!

We are eating at Olivias on Sunday too! The in-laws come in tomorrow to stay with the kiddos and we leave Ohio on Friday, as soon as I put the youngest on the bus. We will stay in Georgia Friday night then drive to WDW for Saturday. My brother in law just moved back to Tampa so we get sibling grown up time with them Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Oh my gosh, it's finally here!!!! I am on vacation!!! So much to do in the next 28 hours before we board our flight to Florida! See you all on board (meet up 3pm D Lounge, deck four mid ship) or Sunday at the Top of the World Lounge for Wishes!

We are very happy here at the Poly! Went to see the Frozen fireworks last night, will see Illuminations with FP tonight. For sure on either Friday or Saturday we will stay "home" to see Wishes from our balcony! Sunday we will see them at the meet at TTOTW!

image.jpg

Have you heard about hurricane Danny? From the projected path it looks like it might get to the Bahamas by next Thursday. Let's keep watch...

Yes there's hurricane Danny! In 2005 DCL landed us in Ft Lauderdale and bussed everyone to the Orlando area. That was because of hurricane Ophelia. It did not have a major affect on the Member Cruise itself.

Just wanted to pop by and say hello....my dh and I just booked this cruise today! We were supposed to be on the 8/24/15 alaskan cruise, but some issues prevented us from going. So we switched to this one and cannot wait. We were on the August 2014 members cruise.....just sorry we wont get to know any of you before we cruise.

Just wanted to pop by and say hello....my dh and I just booked this cruise today! We were supposed to be on the 8/24/15 alaskan cruise, but some issues prevented us from going. So we switched to this one and cannot wait. We were on the August 2014 members cruise.....just sorry we wont get to know any of you before we cruise.

:welcome:

I am glad this cruise schedule works for you! Come to one of the meets that Pat has listed in the first post!

Bobbi:)

At the airport / on our way! Can't believe it is time! Can't wait to meet everyone at the Top of the Tower on Sun!
Now everyone say - no hurricane!
Lynn

We are eating at Olivias on Sunday too! The in-laws come in tomorrow to stay with the kiddos and we leave Ohio on Friday, as soon as I put the youngest on the bus. We will stay in Georgia Friday night then drive to WDW for Saturday. My brother in law just moved back to Tampa so we get sibling grown up time with them Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing you all!
We have 6:45 reservations at Olivia's on Sunday.
This is our first time staying at OKW. We thought we'd try something different - our Home is Saratoga Springs.
All I can say is NO Hurricanes!! The last time we were at Castaway Cay it was a torrential rain the whole day. Luckily we had a cabana and it was nice to be out of the wind and rain.
Not so lucky this time if it's rainy.
Safe travels and have a good visit with your brother!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter