DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

One week from today we will be in DISNEY!!!

That's great!

We leave tomorrow. We were going to drive, but as our plans changed, we decided to make it easier on ourselves. DSis has agreed to take us to the airport, and will take our dog to the kennel. We'll spend time in VB looking around Port St. Lucie, and then head to the Poly on Wednesday. We have some plans with good friends who have moved to Florida a few years ago, and then we begin some meets with fellow DVC cruisers! This is an exciting time!

Bobbi:sunny:

That's great!

We leave tomorrow. We were going to drive, but as our plans changed, we decided to make it easier on ourselves. DSis has agreed to take us to the airport, and will take our dog to the kennel. We'll spend time in VB looking around Port St. Lucie, and then head to the Poly on Wednesday. We have some plans with good friends who have moved to Florida a few years ago, and then we begin some meets with fellow DVC cruisers! This is an exciting time!

Bobbi:sunny:
Travel safely ! We have some friends who have just moved to Texas from Port St. Lucie - it sounded like it was a beautiful area - see you real soon !

Bobbi
I hope you have a great flight - can't wait to meet up with you and Tom! Hard to believe the cruise is almost here!!!!! I am going to try and talk David into dropping dinner Sun so we can go to the Top of the Tower and meet up with everyone! Sounds like more fun than splitting a steak! Wish me luck!
We leave Fri Morning = first Night at Bay Lake - then move to ALK as that Wait list never came in for Friday night (I didn't figure it would!). No big deal as I LOVE Bay Lake!

When is everyone leaving? Where are you staying? I know a bunch of us are taking over AKL. We should have made a roll call under who is going! Sorry my cable and phones are out - thank God I still have internet!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I would be really crabby!!! No DIS - we can't have that! 30 Mins on the phone (my cell with the battery about to die) and they still can't get it to work! Now they may send someone tomorrow to try and fix it! UGH!!! At least the shows I have taped will play - I have tons of PBS specials and Disney Specials I can watch!
Lynn

I hope things get fixed, Lynn. My sister and I just watched nearly 2 hours of home movies ... We just had some converted to DVDs after 30 years of the discs sitting in a box. With a move coming up, it was do something with them or toss them. I am so happy we had them converted!

This is our first Disney Cruise ever.
So excited but a bit disappointed...I just learned of Fish Extenders while googling what to bring to the cruise :(. And it sounds like we are out of luck for participating. Are there any options for us? I can easily get my stuff together for participating in time for something. I didn't even know this forum existed until a few minutes ago.

So excited but a bit disappointed...I just learned of Fish Extenders while googling what to bring to the cruise :(. And it sounds like we are out of luck for participating. Are there any options for us? I can easily get my stuff together for participating in time for something. I didn't even know this forum existed until a few minutes ago.

Sadly so many of those on this cruise have already started their journey, whether they are doing the parks before hand or doing multiple back to back cruises (some traveling from other countries and continents). We extended the sign ups several times and as the person who has been keeping track of all that and organizing it (only with our other social group with more than 200 members) it's just to difficult to ask others to add to their gifts at this point. So sorry.

If you are traveling with young children I know others who have hung an FE outside their cabin and then 'secretly' slipped gifts in for their kids. Just a suggestion.

DC radar went out and our flight was cancelled!! We were already boarded. Oh my! Next possible chance to get to Orlando is on Monday!

DC radar went out and our flight was cancelled!! We were already boarded. Oh my! Next possible chance to get to Orlando is on Monday!
I just saw that on CNN - tons of flights cancelled - I was hoping no one in the cruise group was caught in this !!! So sorry...hope you can get there soon !

We have only done FE once because it does take some time to deliver everything around and this is a short cruise. The Dream is a wonderful ship with so much to see and do and a member's cruise just adds even more things. You will probably want to take many more Disney cruises so save FE for those and just come to some of the meets - this is a fun and friendly group ! Debbie

Bobbi
I hope you have a great flight - can't wait to meet up with you and Tom! Hard to believe the cruise is almost here!!!!! I am going to try and talk David into dropping dinner Sun so we can go to the Top of the Tower and meet up with everyone! Sounds like more fun than splitting a steak! Wish me luck!
We leave Fri Morning = first Night at Bay Lake - then move to ALK as that Wait list never came in for Friday night (I didn't figure it would!). No big deal as I LOVE Bay Lake!

When is everyone leaving? Where are you staying? I know a bunch of us are taking over AKL. We should have made a roll call under who is going! Sorry my cable and phones are out - thank God I still have internet!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I would be really crabby!!! No DIS - we can't have that! 30 Mins on the phone (my cell with the battery about to die) and they still can't get it to work! Now they may send someone tomorrow to try and fix it! UGH!!! At least the shows I have taped will play - I have tons of PBS specials and Disney Specials I can watch!
Lynn
We will arrive one week from today with two nights at OKW - Sunday is our parks day with fastpass for Seven Dwarfs and special viewing for the MK parade - we want to check these out before the grandkids trip in December. Then we'll head over to studios for the Frozen Fireworks recommended by someone on this group.... I think it was Bobbi...but I love fireworks and they are ending in September. Debbie

We will arrive one week from today with two nights at OKW - Sunday is our parks day with fastpass for Seven Dwarfs and special viewing for the MK parade - we want to check these out before the grandkids trip in December. Then we'll head over to studios for the Frozen Fireworks recommended by someone on this group.... I think it was Bobbi...but I love fireworks and they are ending in September. Debbie

We cancelled our FPs today of course, TSMM is our favorite, and we were set to see Frozen fireworks tonight as well. I'm changing our next Saturday night plans to see them then. I think they are truly a "must see!"

Wish we could meet up but we cant leave til sunday. we are going to drive as far as we can and the finish up on Monday and join everyone on the boat. I am starting to get excited and really need to start packing. Look forward to meet everyone. Have safe travels.....

Bobbi

Lynn

We are leaving next Saturday morning. We will drive to St Petersburg to drop off daughters car(leaving it parked there for the week) and then make our way over to BLT. We plan on going to HS that evening - maybe dinner at the counter of 50's Prime Time and then watch the Frozen fireworks. Doing MK Sunday morning, The Wave for dinner, and then TOTWL.

We cancelled our FPs today of course, TSMM is our favorite, and we were set to see Frozen fireworks tonight as well. I'm changing our next Saturday night plans to see them then. I think they are truly a "must see!"

Oh no Bobbi - that's a bummer. Hopefully you get out soon. We will be in HS next Saturday too. Going to do counter at 50's Prime Time for dinner and then watch the fireworks.

Oh no Bobbi - that's a bummer. Hopefully you get out soon. We will be in HS next Saturday too. Going to do counter at 50's Prime Time for dinner and then watch the fireworks.

Dinner at counter at 50's Prime Time...what is that? No reservation, but you eat in an area near the waiting area? I have not heard of this....ADR?

We were given a flight out on Monday with a stop in Atlanta. Luckily the appointment we have to meet with a realtor who will show us around Port St. Lucie is on Tuesday. We are staying in Vero Beach Monday & Tuesday.

I now have forty something points in holding, oh well, we are safe, I hope this was not a security breach, they are saying overworked computer system if I understand correctly. Once I was stuck in El Paso TX when Continental 's computers failed.

Last edited:
Bobbi
So sorry to hear that! I was afraid you would get in that mess! Nothing worse than to be all ready on the plane and can't go!!! I hope you trip Monday goes much better! Such a shame they couldn't get you out tomorrow.
David got my cable fixed - something to do with the modem - I am just happy I have TV as the tech was not coming until Sunday! I did convince him to drop the dinner so WE WILL BE at the Top of the Tower!!!! I am very Excited to be able to join you all! Of course he is so worried he will starve and not have dinner so I must feed him first. Like you can't find food at Disney! So silly! Or the fact that we could stand to miss a meal - not like we are wasting away..... We could last awhile without eating with just water! No one is starving here!
I was going over my clothes for the cruise and was very excited that a couple of my dresses were too big!!!! How often does that happen? I rarely have that problem. I have only lost 5 pounds - but those 5 must have all been in one spot (not the spot I would have picked). So of course I had to run to Kohl's and shop their clearance for a couple of new dresses! I was successful - and found a very cute Minnie Mouse Blouse that in the end only cost me $1.90!!! They are having a very nice sale on clearance if anyone needs anything! Plus they are doing Kohl's Cash. Christmas is 131 days away!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week-end!
Lynn

Dinner at counter at 50's Prime Time...what is that? No reservation, but you eat in an area near the waiting area? I have not heard of this....ADR?

We were given a flight out on Monday with a stop in Atlanta. Luckily the appointment we have to meet with a realtor who will show us around Port St. Lucie is on Tuesday. We are staying in Vero Beach Monday & Tuesday.

I now have forty something points in holding, oh well, we are safe, I hope this was not a security breach, they are saying overworked computer system if I understand correctly. Once I was stuck in El Paso TX when Continental 's computers failed.

Yeah Bobbi, we don't have an ADR - so we just go in and sit at the counter(bar) in the waiting area. They serve food at the bar and we will do this when there is only a couple of us and we don't want to bother with an ADR. Sometimes you have to wait for a seat but we love 50's Prime Time so it is worth it.

Bobbi, I am so sorry to hear about the flight issues. I hope you get out Monday without any trouble.

Leilani, thank you for the info! We will probably try to eat there this Wednesday. I'm rearranging my 2 days at WDW before our friends from Tarpon Springs come on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter