DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Hi! I'm new to the DIS board. My family and I are going on our first Disney cruise and I'm so excited it's the members cruise. My name is Renee and I will be traveling with my hubby, Andy, and our two daughters, Abby and Sophie (both 10 years old). I would love to be a part of the FE gift exchange but wasn't sure how to message and get added to the list:) We look forward to meeting new people, making new friends and memories.

Hi! I'm new to the DIS board. My family and I are going on our first Disney cruise and I'm so excited it's the members cruise. My name is Renee and I will be traveling with my hubby, Andy, and our two daughters, Abby and Sophie (both 10 years old). I would love to be a part of the FE gift exchange but wasn't sure how to message and get added to the list:) We look forward to meeting new people, making new friends and memories.

Welcome Renee. You have to have 10 posts before you can send a message (start a conversation) with someone. The easiest thing to do is to post Hi or something simple on a post. Then post another and another until you have reached your ten posts. (there is a board specifically for doing this but being new to the disboards, I don't want to send you on a hunt). You can post here. After you reach your 10 posts it will take a short time before you'll be able to send a message (but typically that day).

Patricia
yes please let us know how to lose 20 pounds - my diet has worked so well I have gained 5 pounds! UGH.. not the direction I want to go right before the cruise!
I think you will love the magic bands - I have used them about 4 -5 times and I really like them. I am not a huge fan of the fastpass plus system - but that is what they are doing so I use it. I have all my fastpass in place for before the cruise - I have even changed them twice now! I mess with them almost as much as I would my ADRs. I was really happy with my choices = I got the one s I wanted and I got really decent times - so I can't complain. I got the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train = shocking! I may not ride it as I can't stand to be dropped - but David could ride it twice if I don't. I may take some motion sickness pills and go for it. It looks like such a neat ride and the drops are not huge. I would really like to try it - I just don't want to be sick the rest of the day. I get to book the Friday after the cruise today or tomorrow - can't remember which day. I have my online check in all done also. I got real lucky last week and shaved a bit off by rental car also! Same day I snagged my Palo brunch. Doubt I will be able to beat the price I have right now of $143 for 21-29. I need to pay for my Port parking. Otherwise I think I have everything - Am I forgetting anything??

When are you closing the Fish Extender listing? I need to wrap up a few things on those. I will want to do that before I start starving myself for the cruise. hee hee.

I hope everyone is having a great week-end - my big plans are to give my dog a bath before the rains set in again. May even give him one if it is raining as long as there is no thunder.
Lynn

Lynn, the visual effect of the Mine Train is so beautiful that if you do go for it, I think you will say it was worth it! We've been on it twice, both times with FP+.

We are heading back to Cape May. If house selling goes as planned, I've spent my last night in our Ohio house. The weekend was not without drama. Belle pulled a toenail out as we headed to our motel room. No first floor rooms available and only a stairway to second floor. Somehow Belle pulled out the toenail and we could not stay in the hotel, she was bleeding.....so, we got into the car, driven the rest home, arrived 12:40 AM. Vet the next day checked her out, she 's on antibiotics and doing well. That was on our way to Ohio, Wednesday afternoon through Thursday AM!

It was such a bittersweet weekend, I know it is not really goodbye to my friends, but it is the closing of a chapter. Tom and I are extremely lucky to be able to go on a RCCL cruise in September with a couple of our Ohio neighbors. Our destination is Hawaii, and we'll have 6 nights in Aulani together.

Pat, did you get Palo Brunch for when you would like after all? If not keep trying, especially on the ship when they have the time scheduled to change.

Bobbi:boat:

Deadline July 15
CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
Tmk0730
Carolinadj
Emelle24
Goofy60
DVC4US
ShCa
SamlAm8
nytwinkie

Bobbi, I know how you feel with a possible move - Phil and I had lived in the St. Louis area all our lives and moved last year to Fort Worth, Texas to be close to grandkids. I don't miss the house as much as I miss my friends and cousins and just being able to go out to lunch.....but we keep in touch online and I know I can always visit. For now it's fun exploring a whole new part of the country and I LOVE the mild winters. And because everyone was moving and getting settled last year we had enough banked points for this cruise since our Disney trips were limited! Look forward to meeting you in August and seeing how your move is going. Debbie

Bobbi, I know how you feel with a possible move - Phil and I had lived in the St. Louis area all our lives and moved last year to Fort Worth, Texas to be close to grandkids. I don't miss the house as much as I miss my friends and cousins and just being able to go out to lunch.....but we keep in touch online and I know I can always visit. For now it's fun exploring a whole new part of the country and I LOVE the mild winters. And because everyone was moving and getting settled last year we had enough banked points for this cruise since our Disney trips were limited! Look forward to meeting you in August and seeing how your move is going. Debbie

You understand! I look forward to meeting you!

We are more familiar with Houston area. Our son went to Rice and 15 years later moved there with his family. There are so many wonderful things to do in TX? Is Ft. Worth in the Hill country?

About an hour west of Dallas - we love that we are only about 5 hours from Houston and Galveston - looking forward to long weekends on the Gulf Coast !

The funny thing is we always planned to retire and move to the Orlando area but with our daughter here and the other daughter in California we will just keep using DVC for our Florida trips !

We are on our way to Ohio....this could be my last trip to our house! I admit that I will believe it is real when the money is in our account. That happens the end of July.

Meanwhile with the heat we've had recently I am not sure we'll be doing 3+ miles by August. Not giving up, but it is possibl that it will be our next cruise that sees me in a 5 K. However, today was my absolute best regarding PT as pertaining to balance. Standing still on both feet touching, even staying on one leg, I did better than I have done in years!! Whatever the story is about the 5k, you will be meeting s very thankful Bobbiwozniak!:)
Where in OH are you, Bobbi? We live in Perrysburg, south of Toledo! I know you are excited to be done with the move and back on your feet. How is the move going?

April, The large group breakfast is completely full (at 45 people); but we've been telling others who want to join to try and get a reservation for 7:30 (or close to it) and we'll try and be seated in the same area. (there were still openings for 7:40, I think).
No big, we are in at 7:35 at Boma. Wonder if we can arrange to be seated near you all. We are having dinner at Olivia's at OKW on Sunday eve if anyone wants to join us. We have 7:45 pm reservations there. We also plan to drop by TOTW to visit too if anyone is there after our meal. Told hubby to take the 6:45 but he thought we would be busy earlier. Oh well, plenty of other get togethers.
Dying to know what is going on during the cruise. Our DD is jealous about possibly seeing an animator. She wants to be one and would kill to pick their brains.

Last edited:
Where in OH are you, Bobbi? We live in Perrysburg, south of Toledo! I know you are excited to be done with the move and back on your feet. How is the move going?

Our house is in Washington Township near Centerville OH. I taught part time at the University of Cincinnati in Blue Ash, so I was quite south of where you are.

I particularly enjoy Stacia Martin when she is the guest animator. Besides seeing her on last year's MC, she was on our 2013 EBTA.

We've also been DVC members since 2003!

Our house is in Washington Township near Centerville OH. I taught part time at the University of Cincinnati in Blue Ash, so I was quite south of where you are.

I particularly enjoy Stacia Martin when she is the guest animator. Besides seeing her on last year's MC, she was on our 2013 EBTA.

We've also been DVC members since 2003!
I went to UC Cinti from 93-95, before transferring to So Florida to be with hubby. I know where Centerville is, as hubby's has family in Franklin/Dayton area. That's neat. Love the Small World we live in.

I went to UC Cinti from 93-95, before transferring to So Florida to be with hubby. I know where Centerville is, as hubby's has family in Franklin/Dayton area. That's neat. Love the Small World we live in.

April, I began teaching in UC Blue Ash in 1994 when it was Raymond Walter College! I really enjoyed my time teaching there.

I also live in Ohio. We live an hour north of Columbus in Mansfield. My hubby and I both grew up in Sandusky

Funny how things work out. My mom was born here, in Columbus, before my grandparents moved to California in the early 50s. I was a military brat who grew up all over SoCal, but went to UC as out of state in Cinti was cheaper than staying in CA. My hubby is my college roomie's cousin from St. Petersburg, FL. We have lived in Maryland and Iowa before moving back here. He is job hunting so who knows where we will land next. I really want to go back to the Midwest.

Our park tickets arrived today. Just linked to my account. This is our first time back since the magic bands have been in effect, so excited. Customized our bands, ordered my fast passes, booked our two dining ressies, now all I need to do is lose 20 pounds (fat chance right now, lol) and get my FE gifts made.
Got all our before and after Fast Passes done. Have meals booked. Working on FE gifts and will finish as soon as we know who is on our group. Would be nice to lose 20 lbs. before cruise. Let me know if you figure that out, Pat! Looking for forward to celebrate my birthday with y'all on August 26th. Yes, I did buy a cheesy tiara at Dollar Tree! No shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter