DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Talk about a small world Bobbi and April. My aunt, her husband, and kids live in Dayton, OH. I lived in Iowa for 12 years before moving back to Florida and my daughter(who will be with me on the cruise) goes to college in St. Petersburg. I just kept laughing as I was reading your posts.

Our waitlist for BLT came through, so now DD and I will be there 2 nights before the cruise. Makes it a lot easier for going to TOTWL.

Got all our before and after Fast Passes done. Have meals booked. Working on FE gifts and will finish as soon as we know who is on our group. Would be nice to lose 20 lbs. before cruise. Let me know if you figure that out, Pat! Looking for forward to celebrate my birthday with y'all on August 26th. Yes, I did buy a cheesy tiara at Dollar Tree! No shame.

Definitely wear the tiara!princess:

There's no shame in a birthday tiara! I booked port activities for Castaway Cay but that's all the planning I've done! The girls want to make magnets for our door and try to get in the FE.

There's no shame in a birthday tiara! I booked port activities for Castaway Cay but that's all the planning I've done! The girls want to make magnets for our door and try to get in the FE.
I want to snorkel at CC, and will probably snorkel from the boat one day. I have not signed up for it yet. What will you do on CC? I'm feeling good about doing anything on CC. For last year's MC, I stayed on the boat, and swam in the pool. Getting off just seemed too much of a hassle with my walking problems. Well, I probably watch a movie as well.
Bobbi

We signed up for the extreme getaway: stingrays, snorkeling, bikes, and floats. The second day I plan on just going with the flow.

Sounds like a full day! There's a nice bike trail to a lookout platform. I did it with friends on the January Member Cruise a few years ago.

For those who have debated and toyed with the idea, the last day to sign up to participate in the FE (Fish Extender gift exchange) is July 10th! The groups will close and emails will be sent to each member giving you the info for those in your group only. I will share the names and cabin numbers and any 'other' info that was shared, (i.e. allergies, etc). I will BCC so that each others email addresses are NOT given out, I am a firm believer in you having control over who emails you.

Renee, post "HI" four more times (same message four separate times) and you can then send me the info to participate in the FE.

Hello,
This is my family's second Disney cruise. The first time we hadn't heard about FE and we are interested in participating on this cruise. How does it work and how can we join a group?

Happy 4th July Week-end ! I hope everyone enjoys their Independence Day! I plan on spending mine working on my cruise FE gifts , magnets for my door, and maybe making my t-shirts. Getting close so I need to get it in gear. Since they are still calling for more rain I don't have any outdoor plans. I sure wish the rain would let up - so soggy around here. My daughter is going camping and for the life of me I don't know why! I will be worried all week-end that a flash flood will happen! They wanted to do a float but couldn't because the rivers are up so high.
Lynn

Happy 4th July Week-end ! I hope everyone enjoys their Independence Day! I plan on spending mine working on my cruise FE gifts , magnets for my door, and maybe making my t-shirts. Getting close so I need to get it in gear. Since they are still calling for more rain I don't have any outdoor plans. I sure wish the rain would let up - so soggy around here. My daughter is going camping and for the life of me I don't know why! I will be worried all week-end that a flash flood will happen! They wanted to do a float but couldn't because the rivers are up so high.
Lynn

Lynn, I'll be praying for your daughter. I know my kids were at Firefly (the Woodstock of this era) and there were crazy storms (so bad they shut down the event and evacuated the area) (this thunderstorm, VERY LARGE open fields and lots of tents with metal poles). They had a BLAST and are planning to go again next year. Me, not my idea of fun.

I'm working all weekend (day shift), just got off this morning. Hoping the rains hold off tomorrow (or hit during the day) as we have a cook out to go to and watch some fireworks. Baseball game tonight. I really need to get started on my FE gifts. Heading to the beach to get our candy for the candy exchange in a couple weeks.

Well, it's official, hubby will be without a job by mid September. He's under so much stress at work, I am praying he can survive til vacation, he needs this desperately.

Oh Pat, I am so sorry to read about your hubby's work! That's so sad.

Bobbi

Oh Pat, I am so sorry to read about your hubby's work! That's so sad.

Bobbi

Bobbi, It's been a possibility for some time (as it's been listed for sale, the building, not the business) and we never thought it would sell (as there is so much real estate available in that area and it is an OLD, dilapidated building) but low and behold it sold (settled last week, the new owners are letting the rent back for a couple months to have the 'going out of business' sale). They've been running it into the ground for years and there is no real incentive to stay til the end (but of course the former owners/ hubby's boss wants them to). Praying hubby gets something in the mean time but the job market here is flooded with applicants.

Patricia
I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I know how he feels as I went through this last year and it sucks. I sure hope he finds something really quick! I had a vacation planned and paid for two months after I was let go - I went ahead and went on it - I figured most of it was paid and I didn't want to forfeit my points - plus I had purchased the airline tickets - so I went and had fun. It was nice to escape for a week. Can he use a Head Hunter to find a job or do Temp work? That seems to be the way of things around here for office work. Sucks for insurance and benefits - but more and more companies are going that route. Everything is temp work or temp to hire someday. STL is way behind the National Average in employment also. I sure hope things improve for your DH soon!!!!
Thanks you for your prayers = That concert your kids went to sounds scary with thunderstorms. I would have been worried sick! I have been camping in that kind of weather - we packed up and went home!!!!! Just not safe. Thank God they are OK!
Lynn

Lynn
I'm wishing everybody a happy and safe 4th of July! Hubby and I are both working. My daughters are watching YouTube videos to get ideas on how to make our own door decorations:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter