• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drew's Wish Comes True...

yeah!! a pic!!

I am pretty camera shy myself. :)

It is so neat to put a face to the names and the stories. You guys are going to have such a wonderful trip!!!

I am enjoying your Pre-Trip report so much...especially all of the awesome pics you are getting of The Big Give!... can't wait to hear your stories from your trip! :)

As you've probably figured out by now I much prefer to be on the other side of the camera. I avoid having my picture taken as much as I can.

However, a request was made for a picture of Steve and I. It took some looking to find a recent one of us. So here we are from our trip to Utah in April.

102_0051-1.jpg

And here's one of the kids.
102_0050-1.jpg

This picture has actually brought me great peace since May. I'm glad we took them. I had no idea how much our world would change just a few weeks later. I needed the reminder that God was watching over us and was hearing our prayers

HEY! I've been there! :rotfl: great pictures! It's nice to see my hometown pop up where I least expect it! Thanks for sharing your family with us! :hug:

Thanks for the pic!;)
Your Welcome! Can't wait to see why on earth you needed our picture LOL

yeah!! a pic!!

It is so neat to put a face to the names and the stories. You guys are going to have such a wonderful trip!!!

I am enjoying your Pre-Trip report so much...especially all of the awesome pics you are getting of The Big Give!... can't wait to hear your stories from your trip! :)
Awww..thanks Mary. I am getting sooooo excited for our trip. I can't believe just 18 more days. It seemed like our turn would never get here and now the days are passing by much too fast.

HEY! I've been there! :rotfl: great pictures! It's nice to see my hometown pop up where I least expect it! Thanks for sharing your family with us! :hug:

THANKS :) We had such a great time visiting. I just wish the Bingham Mine would have been open when we were there. It was a nice drive though. We have so many pictures of the mountains. This was my kids & Steve's first trip there. I hadn't been to Utah since 1989.

Yesterday evening we received another package. Today's blessings come from Glenda (gcast1).

The little kids had gone to stay the night with my mom. I told Zander he had to wait to open until everyone was home. He was so anxious to see what was inside. He called Gramma's to see if it was ok with the kids for him to open it without them. Gramma told him NO!! she didn't even ask the kids LOL
DSCN9728-1.jpg

The kids finally came home this evening. Everyone gathered round to see what could be in the mystery box. It was Ryan's turn to open.
DSCN9729-1.jpg

The kids were getting rather impatient while he used my keys to break the tape.
DSCN9731-1.jpg

A card and a rainbow of happiness awaited them. Ryan passed out the color coded gifts while Meagan read the card.
DSCN9733.jpg

DSCN9735-1.jpg

He didn't even need to read the names. He knew who to pass to just by the colors. Not only did the tags have the kids favorite characters on them, but their favorite colors were used to wrap the gifts.

Each of the kids took turns opening. Meagan got a Disney Puzzle book and a photo album. The other kids all got a coloring book, notepad, crayon roll-up and a puzzle pen. I love how the puzzle pens all match their personalities :)
DSCN9740-1.jpg

Glenda,
Thank you so very much for bringing Joy and Excitement to our family. We are forever greatful for your generosity and kindness.

I'm going to add the rest of the pictures below. Sorry they aren't all edited. (I have a yucky chest cold and am tired from running errands and cleaning house today in preparation for Drew's Wish Party here on Monday night. What was I thinking????)

ENJOY!!!
DSCN9736.jpg

DSCN9737.jpg

DSCN9738.jpg

DSCN9739.jpg

DSCN9742.jpg

DSCN9743.jpg

DSCN9745.jpg

DSCN9746.jpg

DSCN9747.jpg

DSCN9748.jpg

DSCN9749.jpg

Drew was so excited and thought it was great that Zander and he got the same "big kid" roll-ups
DSCN9744.jpg

The boys made sure to write their names in their books right away so they wouldn't get mixed up LOL
DSCN9750.jpg

DSCN9751.jpg

Zander sat and looked at every page in his book. He loved it :)
DSCN9753.jpg

Thank you again Glenda.

Cool pics!!!

I can't believe you are having the Wish Party at your house either! :) Good excuse to get the house cleaned?!?

I can't wait to hear about the party. You guys are going to have a wonderful time!!! :)

Wow! Thanks for posting all of those wonderful pictures of your precious kids - I feel like I was sitting right there with you guys! Their excitement brought tears to my eyes and I'm so glad they enjoyed their goodies. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been for me to be a part of your Big Give and those incredible pictures were just the icing on the cake! Hope you get over feeling yukky before Drew's Wish Party - I can't wait to see those pics!

Glenda

Wooo hooo! Isn't the party tonight? HOpe you're feeling better and the party goes off w/o a hitch!!

Cool pics!!!

I can't believe you are having the Wish Party at your house either! :) Good excuse to get the house cleaned?!?

I can't wait to hear about the party. You guys are going to have a wonderful time!!! :)
Thanks Mary. I have decided I am NUTS!! And I've also decided that my "to do" list doesn't really matter. I mean honestly, is someone really going to look behing the fridge & stove?? I doubt it (but it is clean :) ) I'm going to sweep & mop the dining room, clean up the bathroom, clear off the desk and call it good.

Wow! Thanks for posting all of those wonderful pictures of your precious kids - I feel like I was sitting right there with you guys! Their excitement brought tears to my eyes and I'm so glad they enjoyed their goodies. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been for me to be a part of your Big Give and those incredible pictures were just the icing on the cake! Hope you get over feeling yukky before Drew's Wish Party - I can't wait to see those pics!
Glenda
Thank you so much Glenda. I wish you all could be here when the kids open your gifts. It brings tears to my eyes watching what Joy you all bring.

I am feeling better today - thank heavens. I can't remember when I've had a chest cold this bad.

Wooo hooo! Isn't the party tonight? HOpe you're feeling better and the party goes off w/o a hitch!!

It is!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: Thanks. Hopefully I'll get the pics into photobucket tonight after the kids are in bed :)

Today's going to be one of those days. I was catching up on reading and noticed my signature still had Madilynn as being 4. Her birthday was last Monday (24th). I can't believe my baby girl - my last baby is FIVE!!

I know it's been a whole week since her birthday but it's hitting me today. With Thanksgiving and Drew's Wish Party keeping me busy I guess I just didn't really think about it. How can she be five?

Slow down time, this momma's not ready.

Tonights party is our second to last event before we leave. This was our list:

School Starts (done)
Drew's Birthday (done)
Ryan's Birthday (done)
Halloween (done)
Madilynn's Birthday (done)
Thanksgiving (done)

Wish Party (tonight)
Christmas Party (Dec 13)

Only 16 days left on the countdown.....

Slow down time, this momma's not ready.

I know the feeling! My baby will be SIX this month! HOW?? :confused3
(The 24th was my Mom's baby's 34th birthday!)

Thank you SO much for the pictures!!! It gives us Big Givers great pleasure to see the kids openining their gifts! :hug:

I know the feeling! My baby will be SIX this month! HOW?? :confused3
(The 24th was my Mom's baby's 34th birthday!)
It's hard watching them grow up so fast. Happy birthday to your mom's baby too. I'm sure that will be a hard day for me. It was so sad when my first baby turned 18 this summer
Thank you SO much for the pictures!!! It gives us Big Givers great pleasure to see the kids openining their gifts! :hug:

You are more than welcome. You all are so amazing. Each time we open a package I think of how many packages you all have sent. How many little hearts you have uplifted. It brings tears to my eyes everytime

Last night was Drew's MAW Party. It was such a fun time. We opted to have it here at home to make it easier on Drew and to enable more friends/family to attend.

His Wish Granters brought Pizza, Soda & Ice Cream and toppings for sundaes.
DSCN9754-1.jpg

Pizza was just for family. I thought that would go over better.
DSCN9756-1.jpg

DSCN9758-1.jpg

DSCN9760-1.jpg

DSCN9761-1.jpg

Then we visited and played while we waited for friends to arrive. And Drew got to open his "Wish Bag" full of small toys, tickets, the expense check, itinerary, driving directions, emergency numbers, wish buttons, MAW bracelets and a letter about Drew's wish.
DSCN9755-1.jpg

DSCN9763-1.jpg

DSCN9765-1.jpg

DSCN9766-1.jpg

Drew got new jammies from one of his Aunts and Cousin Brittany (his favorite cousin that's going with us) made him a High School Musical blanket. The other side has Basketballs on it.
DSCN9772-1.jpg

DSCN9774-1.jpg

After a bit friends arrived. We invited Drew's Sunday School teacher and three of his friends.

I'm so glad we did. At this age a lot of kids are afraid of Drew's seizures and some make fun of him. Fourth Grade has been hard. These boys have been his friends for years. They've grown up together and they look past his seizures and see what a fun, loving boy he is. Drew doesn't get invited over to friends houses so it was very exciting to him to have them all here together. We'll definitely be having more parties for him now that it went so well.
DSCN9775-1.jpg

DSCN9779-1.jpg

DSCN9780-1.jpg

DSCN9781-1.jpg

I wish I had more pictures of all the fun.
All the boys had a mouth full of ReadyWhip. It was HILARIOUS!! Here's my Ryan
DSCN9783-1.jpg

And the last picture.........my happy boy. His smile makes everything worth it.
"It was the best party ever momma"
DSCN9785-1.jpg

Precious, Precious, Precious!!! Great pictures! Great party! :)

I am getting so excited for you guys!! :)

It is getting close now, isn't it!! :) Woo Hoo!

I am impressed that you had the whole group to your house...very cool of you to do that for him and your family, so that you could all come and be together. I know that had to be a pain to get your house all ready! But now it is clean and ready for your trip! And the holidays! Woo Hoo! :)

Wow, every time I read your PTR I tear up. You are so good at expressing your emotions!

I love the pictures of the kids opening Glenda's gifts. That was such a great idea she had, wrapping them in the kid's favorite colors!

The party looks like so much fun! I like Drew's new blanket and pjs! His friends are very "interesting" looking (I'm just referring to their decorations, they look like they're cute kids underneath the funny eyes).

It's hard watching them grow up so fast. Happy birthday to your mom's baby too. I'm sure that will be a hard day for me. It was so sad when my first baby turned 18 this summer

You are more than welcome. You all are so amazing. Each time we open a package I think of how many packages you all have sent. How many little hearts you have uplifted. It brings tears to my eyes everytime

I'm Teresa's mom's baby that turned 34 on the 24th. Madilynn and I have the same birthday and we both love Cinderella!!

Precious, Precious, Precious!!! Great pictures! Great party! :)

I am getting so excited for you guys!! :)

It is getting close now, isn't it!! :) Woo Hoo!
Thanks Mary. I'm getting very excited too. Two weeks from right now we'll be on the plane. I can't believe it's finally almost our turn.

It was a bit to get the house cleaned up but you're right - now it's ready for our trip & the holidays. I have a few more things to get done and hope to paint the playroom before we go.

Wow, every time I read your PTR I tear up. You are so good at expressing your emotions!
I love the pictures of the kids opening Glenda's gifts. That was such a great idea she had, wrapping them in the kid's favorite colors!
Thanks HeatherSue. I was really impressed with the wrapping too. The kids loved that

The party looks like so much fun! I like Drew's new blanket and pjs! His friends are very "interesting" looking (I'm just referring to their decorations, they look like they're cute kids underneath the funny eyes).

Thanks. Brittany was so excited to make the blanket for him. She's the girl in the back of that picture. She always takes such good care of Drew and watches out for him. I'm glad shes getting to go with us on our trip.

I'm Teresa's mom's baby that turned 34 on the 24th. Madilynn and I have the same birthday and we both love Cinderella!!

Well HAPPY Birthday to you!! How cool is that. I just told Madilynn you guys shared a birthday and both like Cinderella. Her reply: "Yep, cuz we're da cool gurls":rotfl:

After a bit friends arrived. We invited Drew's Sunday School teacher and three of his friends.

I'm so glad we did. At this age a lot of kids are afraid of Drew's seizures and some make fun of him. Fourth Grade has been hard. These boys have been his friends for years. They've grown up together and they look past his seizures and see what a fun, loving boy he is. Drew doesn't get invited over to friends houses so it was very exciting to him to have them all here together. We'll definitely be having more parties for him now that it went so well.

And the last picture.........my happy boy. His smile makes everything worth it.
"It was the best party ever momma"
DSCN9785-1.jpg

Looks like you had a great party!!! How fun!! That's awesome that Drew got to connect with friends like that! I'm sure you'll have lots more parties in the years to come. :)

His friends are very "interesting" looking (I'm just referring to their decorations, they look like they're cute kids underneath the funny eyes).

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: I literally laughed out loud when I read that!! :rotfl: :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter