Dreams Unlimited Gift Basket

Hmmm....we just got off the Dream, booked through DU. We rebooked onboard and named DU. No gift basket on our cruise, maybe well receive one on our next? :confused3

I believe they are currently only being placed in Fantasy staterooms.

We got one last week. The dry erase board was helpful to leave notes for our stateroom host. The adult cups were very nice, and they threw in some kids cups but honestly my kids were too little to use them. They enjoyed carrying them around the room though! I hd packed mugs from our POR stay in February with us but we opted to use the DU ones instead.

We didn't use the extension cord, the highlighter, card games, the glow necklaces or the sanitizer or wipes. I did eat the chocolate haha. I used the bag as a catch all in the room, it was helpful as that for sure!

Did anyone else have insane amounts of tape?? I think I peeled tape off of stuff for the entire week.

Like schimj, I really appreciated and enjoyed receiving this extra treat!! With that and the Castaway Club gifts in our room when we got on, I sure felt spoiled!!

I loved the highlighter (loved how all the colors were in one so we didn't lose it!) and the chocolates! Also we did use the coffee cups, like schimj said... they are GREAT for shakers since you can just pour the liquid out, leaving the ice in the cup!

I believe I saw my in-laws using the watch, so that found a purpose as well.

One thing I would suggest (not demanding or anything... just saying if you are looking for ideas), is a waterproof wallet. We have forgotten these on multiple trips and have bought several (we rememebered it this time!). Just the little plastic ones with the string to wear around your neck! And they can be company branded as well.

Thanks again to Dreams Unlimited for the great service! Shout out to our TA Kelsey!

Wish we could get one on our 7-night cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. Seems like people love them, let's call the "test phase" over and get them to all DU customers. ;) This will be our second cruise booked through DU (Dorothy is great!). I wish we could get a basket too :sad1::sad1:

Wish we could get one on our 7-night cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. Seems like people love them, let's call the "test phase" over and get them to all DU customers. ;) This will be our second cruise booked through DU (Dorothy is great!). I wish we could get a basket too :sad1::sad1:

I think the reason they aren't doing them in other ports (at least right now) is because they don't have a local service there that makes such a product.

I believe they are currently only being placed in Fantasy staterooms.

Dyslexia..started at the end and worked my way to the beginning. ;)

Hopefully, DU will continue with the baskets. We'll be on the Fantasy next year and I :love: gifts!:thumbsup2

We need to get Shirley cloned. :lmao: Or, at the very least, franchised! :)

Thank you so much for the feedback.

If you wouldn't mind, could you send me an email at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with some details on what you found useful, what you did not and what you might like to have had in the bag?

This will help us continue to work on improving these baskets for future guests.

Thanks
John

Hi John~

:thanks:Loved the basket!! I had forgotten about it and it was a beautiful surprise to open my stateroom and see it. It looked beautiful and was put together so nicely. We used *almost* everything in it - the number one most favorite thing was the carbiner watch!!! Clipped it to my lanyard and took it everywhere!!! We especially loved the fruit snacks - they were perfect for DD for the excursions!!! Used the extension cord, loved the mugs and highlighter and glow sticks for sure!! Didn't use the wipe off board (most of us that are on the DIS already pack one), the Tinkerbell drink container for DD, or the deck of cards. We had sanitizer and hand wipes, but tossed the ones in the bag from our basket and left ours packed. Used the rebooking form as well :thumbsup2

I'd suggest a few more non-meltable snacks, like granola bars, or small bags of crackers, pretzels, or nuts maybe instead of something else. I am not at all looking the gift horse in the mouth - I am thankful that I received anything - just offering suggestions as you requested.

Looking forward to the next one on Podcast Cruise 4.0 :disrocks:

I love what people are finding in their baskets! I think we would use everything that is in there...you can't have enough antibacterial wipes/gel, IMO!

I haven't told DH and the kids about this basket, I want them to be surprised when they see it - less than 3 months to go!

Thanks again John and DU....this is a great added customer service piece to DU, and I'm hoping to be able to stop by the Welcome Center before we board as well!

Hi John~

:thanks:Loved the basket!! I had forgotten about it and it was a beautiful surprise to open my stateroom and see it. It looked beautiful and was put together so nicely. We used *almost* everything in it - the number one most favorite thing was the carbiner watch!!! Clipped it to my lanyard and took it everywhere!!! We especially loved the fruit snacks - they were perfect for DD for the excursions!!! Used the extension cord, loved the mugs and highlighter and glow sticks for sure!! Didn't use the wipe off board (most of us that are on the DIS already pack one), the Tinkerbell drink container for DD, or the deck of cards. We had sanitizer and hand wipes, but tossed the ones in the bag from our basket and left ours packed. Used the rebooking form as well :thumbsup2

I'd suggest a few more non-meltable snacks, like granola bars, or small bags of crackers, pretzels, or nuts maybe instead of something else. I am not at all looking the gift horse in the mouth - I am thankful that I received anything - just offering suggestions as you requested.

Looking forward to the next one on Podcast Cruise 4.0 :disrocks:

I'm glad you liked the basket and thanks for the suggestions!!

Just one note - we did think about adding a bag of nuts but we wanted to be sensitive to folks with allergies. Nut allergies can be tricky and we didn't want anyone problems with that (if my nephew were in a stateroom and someone opened a bag of nuts he would immediately start to have a reaction).

Thanks again!!!

Eh, no offense but I'd rather have an extra $20 (or even $10) in OBC than the gift basket. I like to order specific items from DCL for our cruise, I really don't want a basket of random items that a stranger (and sorry, but as good as the travel agents are, they are strangers) thinks I might use. I don't need more coffee cups, snacks, highlighters, etc.

Eh, no offense but I'd rather have an extra $20 (or even $10) in OBC than the gift basket. I like to order specific items from DCL for our cruise, I really don't want a basket of random items that a stranger (and sorry, but as good as the travel agents are, they are strangers) thinks I might use. I don't need more coffee cups, snacks, highlighters, etc.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'd much rather have the gift basket. I think a gift someone picks out and chooses for you is much more personal than a generic "gift card" whether that person is a family member, a friend, or even a TA.

Anyone can slap a $20 OBC into someone's account. The fact that DU took the time to actually figure out the most used/forgotten items mentioned on this board and then decided to send them to their clients shows a personal touch to me. And DU already provides a very substantial OBC when you book through them. Another $20 would just be like... "oh, ok." The gift basket is a special treat and added bonus.

I can understand how some people would rather have the OBC. Personally, I would rather have the basket. It's more fun and my DD will LOVE getting a surprise in the room. $10 or $20 would be gone in a snap anyway. :goodvibes

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'd much rather have the gift basket. I think a gift someone picks out and chooses for you is much more personal than a generic "gift card" whether that person is a family member, a friend, or even a TA.

Anyone can slap a $20 OBC into someone's account. The fact that DU took the time to actually figure out the most used/forgotten items mentioned on this board and then decided to send them to their clients shows a personal touch to me. And DU already provides a very substantial OBC when you book through them. Another $20 would just be like... "oh, ok." The gift basket is a special treat and added bonus.

I agree, I love the personal touch of a gift basket from DU.

, no offense but I'd rather have an extra $20 (or even $10) in OBC than the gift basket. I like to order specific items from DCL for our cruise, I really don't want a basket of random items that a stranger (and sorry, but as good as the travel agents are, they are strangers) thinks I might use. I don't need more coffee cups, snacks, highlighters, etc.

If there are specific things that you would rather have, you can always order your own gift basket from The Perfect Gift!

i'm am the opposite - i just love getting a gift....totally doesn't matter what's in it....it's just so much fun and so nice to have something welcoming me to my cabin....in fact, it could just a welcome card/note and that would make me happy....so a basket - how wonderful!!!!!!

Just like at Christmas time, I always preferred a gift that someone took the time to purchase rather than money. Understand where you are coming from though.

Our Family of 7 got 3 baskets ( booked 3 rooms) which was a bit of over kill, but greatly appreciated!! It was a wonderful surprise! I almost wished I was not such a dis'er and had not already packed many of the items, but we still manages to either use most of the gifts, re-gift or will use on a future trip. Since I got 3 baskets, I plan to put together a mix of some of the items for a friend that will be sailing in Nov for the first time. My kids loved the glow stick, fruit snacks, and mickey head crackers, I enjoyed the "coffee mug", I'm a cheap skate and used it to take a soda to the shows. The only thing I would improve would be that I wish the lid was sealable and I could toss it in my bag! My daughter is even taking some of the items to camp with her!! I appreciated that it was a really well thought out gift and that it would be fantastic for first timers! Maybe you might think about different items for those that had sailed before, although you never know what someone forgot! You can't please everyone all the time so I say great job and thank you times 3!!

Thanks to our Agent Jana!!

Just another vote for how COOL! :goodvibes I love DU and my agent Merrie. I have friends who've gotten local quotes and I've directed them to DU and they were not disappointed. I'll be sure to mention this addition as well.

DD will be very excited, she loves being treated like a princess! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter