Dream updates announced! Star Wars room, BBB, Satellite Falls...

I think the Star Wars Day at Sea was made for you! ;-)

They did have an appeal, but I had already decided on the PC Repo for special reasons for next year. I don't see a cruise after this one for a couple years. Hopefully they will keep doing it, maybe even extending it for more than one day. Maybe we will get a little something special on May 4th.

We definitely missed not having Satellite Falls on the Dream last October. Space is there for it. Glad they are adding it. We loved it on the Fantasy!!!

I think this would be pretty cool. Needed updates and a cool concept. I hope they still have the free ice cream stand. Sounds like it will still be there.

The candy store has me puzzled. It says it will have an entrance inside Cabanas and from the pool side. Maybe where the arcade is now? I've went in there and took pictures before and never saw anyone in it yet (both Fantasy and the Dream), just saying. Maybe someone with kids can weigh in if their kids ever go in there.
There were a few "kids" in there on our Dream cruise
arrcade dream 2014 1711 P1020819 1500.jpg

arrcade dream 2014 1712 P1020818 1500.jpg

Woohoo! We sail on the Oct 30th cruise so can't wait to see the updates. It will also be nice to tour the kids club areas and report back to the nephews who aren't able to make this cruise. I'm doing it for them of course and not for myself.

All I know is that first the Magic gets the Avenger Academy stuff, and now the Dream gets the Star Wars stuff....and Nothing on the Fantasy :(

Ah forget it, I'll probably take a light saber for Pirate Night anyways ;) :D

Perhaps they could convert 687 into the Mos Eisley Cantina for the "older" Star Wars fans... No droids allowed of course.

Isn't that what they were going for with the hallway on Fantasy? It really reminded me of something you would see at Mos Eisley.

So excited! DH was already pumped when he saw the make your own light saber thing at downtown Disney (you know, just for DS6 of course - well he might have to get one for him too ...) but now this will put him over the edge !

Shocked that they can do all this in 20 days!
Most of the new stuff is probably already being built. There will be an army of contractors in PC ready to board the Dream the moment the last passenger steps off. They'll probably start some of the basic demolition shortly after the clubs close on the last night of the prior cruise. Heavy demolition will start before the ship leaves port that afternoon. There was an interesting multi-part program on a major renovation to Sovereign of the Seas a few years ago. Everything they do is highly coordinated and much of what they are "building" is ready on the dock waiting for them. I'm sure 20 days is tight, but if everything shows up on time, there shouldn't be any issues. It doesn't sound like they level of work here is anywhere near as intensive as it was on the recent Magic refurb. I wish they would re-theme 687 as O'Gills. There is just no pizzazz in 687.

Oh I can't wait, how exciting. My oldest son will be 13 next year, can he go in the Oceaneer Club with his younger brother?

So if they are putting the Millennium Falcon on the Dream, why do the Star Wars cruises on the Fantasy?

They did have an appeal, but I had already decided on the PC Repo for special reasons for next year. I don't see a cruise after this one for a couple years. Hopefully they will keep doing it, maybe even extending it for more than one day. Maybe we will get a little something special on May 4th.

I was lucky enough to get talked into surprising my husband with a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise by our Best Man (don't have to ask me twice). Everything I hear about those cruises makes me excited, so I really hope these are not just a one-season thing.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to sail on the Dream again, but something is telling me that I had better plan something soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter