Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

So far we have seen two separate 8A layouts. The 8A rooms that are divided into two sleeping areas (5020, 5022, and assume 5520 and 5522) appear to only sleep 3. There is a bed in the sleeping area, and the single flip couch bed in the other room. I confirmed this by searching for rooms on the DCL website, and these rooms consistely show when you search for 3 people, but don't show when you search for 4 people.

The other 8A layout we've seen is the one with the single double-wide room with the support pole in the middle on Deck 6. When I search for rooms on the DCL website, rooms 6514, 6016 and 5018 appear as available to book for 4 people. I'd assume that 5518 would be the same, but unsure.

We've been told that no 8A rooms sleep 5.

Just needed to bookmark this info. Right now we are booked in 9174 & 9176, but I really like the look of these, too!

Any one have any expierence staying in one of the oversized verandah rooms on the dream that look like are on the back of the ship? Pros/cons? Would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you!

Here's a link to a recent thread on the aft cabins.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44824977#post44824977

Some people love them for the size and the large balcony. Others hate them because of the vibrations from the thrusters. It's all a personal choice. I love them personally. Nearly all of my Disney cruises past and upcoming have been aft. I like the space, the large wrap around balconies of the corner aft cabins on all the ships. They also tend to have less foot traffic, and be convenient to less busy elevators.

Here's a link to a recent thread on the aft cabins.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44824977#post44824977

Some people love them for the size and the large balcony. Others hate them because of the vibrations from the thrusters. It's all a personal choice. I love them personally. Nearly all of my Disney cruises past and upcoming have been aft. I like the space, the large wrap around balconies of the corner aft cabins on all the ships. They also tend to have less foot traffic, and be convenient to less busy elevators.

Yes, that thread is what prompted me to look again! I think I'll go with my initial choice - the pros will hopefully outweigh the vibrations! :)

Also I think that the majority of people who complained about the worst vibrations were on the lower decks.

Thanks!

I own the Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens, but I broke that before my honeymoon. So while that was in the shop, I rented the Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye. I LOVED it! I really want a fisheye now, even in addition to my wide angle. On my flickr you can see a ton of pictures around WDW and the Dream that I used the Fisheye for.

Which brings up the fact that renting specialty lenses for vacations is the best idea. Give it a try!

Funny you should mention that. I do rent lenses on occasion and that's an excellent idea for our Fantasy cruise in September. This way I can photograph the ship to my heart's content. Thanks for the suggestion.

We have booked room 7576...It looks like there is a metal post to the left.
would this be an obstruction?:confused3. Does anybody know?:goodvibes

We have a wonderful cuise scheduled in November on the beautiful Dream. This will be our first time on the Dream.:cool1: We will have room 6070. I dont see much on the rooms on that level. Anybody have any experience with that floor?

In 2010 we were on the Wonder in room 7070 and it was great, but I know the Dream is a bigger ship so I dont know if that room will be just as nice.:confused3

Any input will be welcome. :thumbsup2

We sail soon and we are booked in this room. I have done tons of research and I need to be double sure that this is not an obstruced verandah. My husband would freak and so would I after spending this much...thanks in advance:confused3

We sail soon and we are booked in this room. I have done tons of research and I need to be double sure that this is not an obstruced verandah. My husband would freak and so would I after spending this much...thanks in advance:confused3

This is not an obstructed veranda, however there is one deck between your room and the lifeboats. So if you walk to rail and look down you will see the top of the lifeboat 16 feet down, but so do 3/4 of the cabins on board. You can see the mirror image of your cabin by looking on the first page in this thread, and look for 7632. HTH

We will have room 6070. I dont see much on the rooms on that level. Anybody have any experience with that floor?

Do I see a pattern in your cabin #'s?
Well both cabins do/did/will have you sailing forward while sleeping. This is directly over the life boat, some don't like it. Some even mentioned, if conditions were just right, a orange/yellow hue color would cast into room if drapes were open, from sun reflecting off top of lifeboat. However, in an emergency you could just jump down of the life boat.:lmao: See mirror image cabin on first page 6568. HTH

Do I see a pattern in your cabin #'s?
Well both cabins do/did/will have you sailing forward while sleeping. This is directly over the life boat, some don't like it. Some even mentioned, if conditions were just right, a orange/yellow hue color would cast into room if drapes were open, from sun reflecting off top of lifeboat. However, in an emergency you could just jump down of the life boat.:lmao: See mirror image cabin on first page 6568. HTH

thanks :thumbsup2 I will definately keep in mind the jumping to the life boats if need be :rotfl2: Maybe my TA is trying to be helpful :lmao:

I am staying in room 6180 and i dont see it any where on your maps can you help me

The photos are only on the starboard side. So look at the mirror image cabin to yours on the other side of the ship, # 6680. You can see 6680 in photo 1,3 and 6 on the first page of this thread. Looks good to me. Enjoy.:thumbsup2

HI everyone,

I am looking for pics of 7194 an 6192 verandahs if possible please:cool1:

I couldn't locate those specific cabin balcony photos, however they would be similiar to the ones posted above. You are dead center on the aft so you will have the slightly pointed tail end/aft of the veranda. You will also have the flag in ports. Some like the flag, some not so much. Perhaps you could ask for a ladder and you all could go up and down between the verandas, perhaps duct tape a few upper bunk ladders together.:lmao: I like your cabin choices.
HTH

We are brand new to cruising and I was wondering if any one could help me. We are booked on the Fantasy concierge level room #11016. Can anyone help me find where this is located and what the room actually looks like? Or any info on concierge.
Thanks!

6100 was great. The lifeboats are there below you but it isn't a problem (except when you look straight down). It's a lovely cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter