Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Hello,

Just booked our 1st cruise!!!!! So EXCITED!!!!!
A little about my family. DS will be 13 yrs, he loves to travel, DH enjoys Disney travel but not sure about cruising (the reason we decided in a 3 night) me LOVE Disney, DD 18 ys uses a wheelchair loves characters, DD 23 enjoys being on the go and last the kids cousin 21 enjoys being laid back! Thats us! :)

Our rooms are8092 and 8094

I picked them with no idea as to why. I hope they are a good choice! My DH wanted to be on deck 8, not sure of the reason. Any advice or info would be wonderful!
I have been reading posts, I am on page 28!

Thanks so much! great site :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me about rooms 9174 & 9176. We have these two rooms booked on the Fantasy. Both of these rooms hold four? And are adjoining is what I am told. TIA!!:):thumbsup2

First time cruiser here.

I just booked 10524. Has anyone been bothered by the overhang on the verandah ?

If the Fantasy is like the Dream then I think the Spa will be over our room. I hope deck 11 noise wil not be an issue.

Any thoughts from people who have been on the Dream on deck 10?

The other Cat 5a available on deck 9 or all way aft so I hate to switch for those rooms.

TIA

First time cruiser here.

I just booked 10524. Has anyone been bothered by the overhang on the verandah ?

If the Fantasy is like the Dream then I think the Spa will be over our room. I hope deck 11 noise wil not be an issue.

Any thoughts from people who have been on the Dream on deck 10?

The other Cat 5a available on deck 9 or all way aft so I hate to switch for those rooms.

TIA

We like deck 10!!! :goodvibes Any chance of upgrading to a 4d the round tub and rain shower are awesome!? Deck 6 is not bad.

Trying to decide between these two sets of connecting rooms. We have never been on a cruise before!

Loved loved loved 7192!!!!!!!!!!! We did not have 7194, but their balcony was even bigger than ours! Having both of those rooms together would be wonderful!

We have 9174 & 9176 can't wait since they are connecting rooms and both balconies are big!!:thumbsup2:)

:):thumbsup2We have the rooms 9176 & 9174..They look to be GREAT rooms!!:):thumbsup2

Yeah! We booked these two also! When are you sailing? We're on the Dream on October 21st. (I hope you're going first so you can give me all kinds of tips and such - it's our first cruise ever!)

And, lots of pictures of course!

*A side note - I somewhere read that smoking is allowed on Deck 9 - does that mean our rooms could smell like smoke???

Yeah! We booked these two also! When are you sailing? We're on the Dream on October 21st. (I hope you're going first so you can give me all kinds of tips and such - it's our first cruise ever!)

And, lots of pictures of course!

*A side note - I somewhere read that smoking is allowed on Deck 9 - does that mean our rooms could smell like smoke???
As far as I know, there is no smoking IN any rooms. you can smoke on your balcony, or in the smoking area on deck 9. SOmeoen correct me if i am wrong here!

Well, that's what I'd assumed, but then I wondered why it said smoking was allowed on Deck 9 - there aren't any public areas on it, right?

I think there is a smoking spot on deck 12 of the dream. And I think somewhere on deck 4 too maybe?

From DCL's website:

Question
Where can I smoke on board?

Answer
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships. In an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests, smoking is permitted in designated areas of the ship.

On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, smoking is permitted on:

private verandahs,
outdoors on Deck 4 starboard side from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. only,
and the starboard side open-air decks 9 and 10 (excluding the Mickey Pool area).

On the Disney Dream, smoking is permitted on:

private verandahs,
outdoors on Deck 4 starboard side from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. only,
the starboard side of Currents, located on Deck 13 forward, and
the outdoor port-side area of Meridian Lounge located on Deck 12 aft.

Room 7504 is a great room. We stayed in this room on our June 2011 cruise on the Dream. Has a lot of space. It does sleep 4, has a pull down, the couch turns and then the regular bed. The slanted walls did not pose a problem at all, my husband is also over six feet tall. They gave the room character. Would recommend this room anytime!

Wow - great photos and great information. I need to check this out at home over the weekend - although I would love to read it all today at work :goodvibes.

Linda

Steve, I took this pic in January...it shows your room and the others, from above...

20110130_2188.jpg

I thought I already knew all I needed to know and seen all I needed to see about the extended balcony rooms (staying in one on Fantasy in June) but from the looks of these pics and how the chairs all seem to show partially on each verandah- just want to clarify.. these rooms DO have the same amount of space that is covered above the verandah as the verandahs above them/normal verandahs do, right? then they just have extra uncovered amount of verandah as well? I hope this picture's view is just misleading.. for it makes it appear as if there isn't even a chair's lenght of verandah that is covered and that's why half the chairs are showing on each verandah?
:confused3

The extended verandahs have ALL of the verandah space of the ones above them PLUS the amount that you see in Cass' photo. They are really quite large. As I think I mentioned before, I was able to fit 14 people comfortably on mine while watching the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter