Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Anyone can request it, but if someone NEEDS it, you can be bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hear the rules are changing on this one again and now you cannot request it. There are apparently some features of the stateroom that do not meet accessibility standards so they aren't selling it as a straight HA.

Very excited I have an excellent TA who worked with DCL to get us this stateroom before they went back to not allowing requests. A good TA (with an excellent relationship with DCL) makes all the difference in the World!:thumbsup2

Has anybody any reviews/ photos of stateroom 10618 on the Fantasy. This is our room for our June 1 Eastern Carribbean 7 night cruise. It's our first DCL experience and we are so excited!!!!

This cabin also has the veranda outer skin riser panels on the aft side like in post #1496. Have you seen photos from the balcony looking out showing the overhang of deck 11? Also some mention foot and chair sound from the deck above. Some say the noise is disturbing, others don't notice any.:confused3
HTH

Can anyone request this room? Or HA people only?

Anyone can request it, but if someone NEEDS it, you can be bumped.

These cabins are not completely accessible and do Not meet the full requirements for HA which why they are not listed as such, so NO you cannot be bumped from these rooms if you request and get either of them. I talk from personal experience and having spoken with quite a few of the DCL supervisors, prior to these cabins being upgraded from a 6A to a 5E category. If they were going to change their status to HA I'm sure this would have been done 11 months ago. But anything can change.

Yes and Yes.
I will add 6598 is in between the lifeboats and will have a view down to the water, albeit restricted. This cabin will also have 14" of that outer skin somewhat restricting the view outward if not on veranda. This skin is not in those photos. (Well it seems to slowly get added as the photos progress. It is in the the next to last one, the aerial.) You can see this skin at the top between the glass sections. Those panels eventually were installed all thee way down. Some people like the outer skin. Some feel it adds privacy and protection. Other dislike the outer vertical risers.

Video, look @ 2:10;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7ZD3YGadg

I have a link to those skin veranda photos somewhere. I'll look.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/inside2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/outside1.jpg

Photo credit "jfs9900"
Thread photos copied from; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2655554

HTH

Very helpful!! Something I didn't even see or know about! Thank you!!!

I just checked the first page of this thread looking for info on CAT 4E rooms
(sleeps 5, Deck 5, Oversized Verandahs) Can anyone link me to post regarding these rooms? I am having a hard time picking Cat 4E,4B, or 4C. Would love post commenting on pros cons of these CATS. I need a room that sleeps 5! Thanks for all your help in advance!

Also, my travel agent said cat 4E Does have rooms that sleeps 5? Would anyone know which rooms they are or have the rooms numbers? I am trying to play around on the disney cruise line website, but they all must be booked i can not view where there is a cat 4E room that sleeps five! I am trying to be prepared when i book my 2014 cruise!! Any help would be great thanks!!!

Just a quick note, room 8184 (aft corner, huge balcony) is now a 5E stateroom, not a 6A. We just came off the dream and when I went to look at rebooking, it was designated as a 5E.

Great thread!

Looking to book Jan 2014 on the dream Cat 4B (Deck 8) Do the AC rooms have an oversized verandah?! Any obstructed area on those rooms ? or any rooms on deck 8 with an outside verandah have obstructed views?! just want to make sure i do not have anything blocking our view on our balcony!

Just a quick note, room 8184 (aft corner, huge balcony) is now a 5E stateroom, not a 6A. We just came off the dream and when I went to look at rebooking, it was designated as a 5E.

Great thread!

This thread was started prior to the Dream's first cruise, then updated after the first few cruises. I would not expect the OP to go back and edit every post on this thread, even if she was able to do that. There is a thread with all of the changes that were done with stateroom categories listed.

ETA: Did a quick search for "reclass" and this thread lists all of the staterooms that have been changed.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906497&highlight=reclassified

(sleeps 5, Deck 5, Oversized Verandahs) Can anyone link me to post regarding these rooms? I am having a hard time picking Cat 4E,4B, or 4C. Would love post commenting on pros cons of these CATS. I need a room that sleeps 5! Thanks for all your help in advance!

A quick search for "reclass" pulled up this thread about the new 4E rooms.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643852&highlight=reclassified

Angrypenguin said:

Great thread!

Those rooms were reclassified a loonnnggg time ago.....

Mariellen102 said:

Those rooms have been reclassified since this thread was started. Look at 5E on this thread & you'll find what you are looking for.

Does anyone know of a site that will show the room location from the outside of the ship? We will be staying in 9086 on the Dream in January and I am trying to get an idea of the view from the veranda. Thanks so much!

~Laura Lynn

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone know of a site that will show the room location from the outside of the ship? We will be staying in 9086 on the Dream in January and I am trying to get an idea of the view from the veranda. Thanks so much!

~Laura Lynn

You are posting on said thread. Check out page one. Scroll to top of this page and click on page 1(First). Look at photos and find 9586 which is the mirror cabin, yet on the opposite side of ship.

My opinion is 9586 looks good on the outside, therefore 9086 should be similiar. No obstructions. You are one cabin forward of outer skin cabin 9088. If this is incorrect please report back and let us know. I'm confident you are good to go externally.:)

HTH

Enjoy

Mariellen102 said:
Also, my travel agent said cat 4E Does have rooms that sleeps 5? Would anyone know which rooms they are or have the rooms numbers? I am trying to play around on the disney cruise line website, but they all must be booked i can not view where there is a cat 4E room that sleeps five! I am trying to be prepared when i book my 2014 cruise!! Any help would be great thanks!!!

Mariellen we have room 5540 on the dream that's category 4E. It's 299sqt ft. Will let you know how was is. We sail 4 nov.

Bear3412 said:
You are posting on said thread. Check out page one. Scroll to top of this page and click on page 1(First). Look at photos and find 9586 which is the mirror cabin, yet on the opposite side of ship.

My opinion is 9586 looks good on the outside, therefore 9086 should be similiar. No obstructions. You are one cabin forward of outer skin cabin 9088. If this is incorrect please report back and let us know. I'm confident you are good to go externally.:)

HTH

Enjoy

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you kindly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter