Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

The ship looks amazing! Thank you for sharing so many pictures! It really gets me more anxious to go on a cruise next year.

Erika

It really is a pretty ship, and so much to look at! I can't wait to go again and enjoy what I missed!! :goodvibes

I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures of the ship! Those bathrooms are amazing as is the main lobby (is that what it is called?). Such opulence!!!

I can't get over how empty Palo's was! :eek: Wow!

I am glad! I am enjoying the 2nd look!!! The main lobby, "Mid Ship Lobby", yes, that is what I think it is called!! :laughing: And I agree opulent and elegant!

It really surprised us too! They basically told us that the embarkation night is always available. As I mentioned earlier, I was thrilled to hear it!

great trip report....popcorn::

Thanks! Welcome! Glad to have you here!!!

Love the virtual porthole!
How did the size of the room work for you? Do you think it is enough space for a family of 4? We're considering a cruise on the Dream for next year, but aren't sure if we'd book 2 staterooms or one family stateroom.

The Dream is so beautiful. Lounging on the deck would be so nice right about now on this rainy Sunday.

Hi, I've been enjoying your trip report this moring really great. We're planning to go for our first cruise ever next February.

Quick question on the Kids Club check in line, I know you didn't have kids this time so maybe you won't know until after your family trip. But, did you have to get in line early to make sure your children were able to go at all or just for the wristband and place in line didn't matter? I hope that made sense. :confused3

Can't wait to read more! Thanks!

Thanks! I Enjoy writing them. YOU will very much enjoy the Dream!
With regards to the kids club check in line, it was unexpectedly long because they had a technical problem. From what I understand, you can "sign them up" online (or there) and then when you get to port, you go to the Kids Club desk to get the wristband. It is something to do while you are waiting to board, so normally I think it is a good time to get them. At least this is the information that I learned when I asked the CM. They do NOT have limits for kids, only for infants. They have room for all kids on board.

That porthole looks so super cool! I can't get over how empty the deck was in the shots you took. But I have to say I am a bit nervous about the idea that you have to be up early to reserve lounge chairs... am I overreacting? :laughing: I am serious about my sunshine. :upsidedow

It will be fine. The decks in the morning were really vacant! No you don't have to get up terribly early. I mean there were still PLENTY of seats!!! I just wanted to sit where I wanted to sit. You wouldn't have trouble. I think the families looking for seats on the main pool deck were probably reserving their seats earlier. But I understand why location is really important in that case. So, I would tell you at the Adult pool you would be fine. I am serious about my sunshine, too, so I probably was a bit more anxious than I needed to be. The porthole is very cute. I have some great shots of the "magic" to share later!

Hi there! Hope you enjoy reading along. :goodvibes

Wow! Your day at Nassau sounds perfect to me :thumbsup2 I would have stayed on the ship too ;) Did you enjoy your DOTD every day? :)

The Dream is a gorgeous, gorgeous ship! So majestic....I think I need to pay her visit. :rolleyes1

Love that porthole! I am sure that has made the inside staterooms quite popular. They really look cute! :goodvibes

Tracy

It was a perfect day! I enjoyed a few DOTD choices for certain, as well as others on the drink menu!!! :laughing:

You most certainly should pay her a visit!!!! LOL!!!! I am not an enabler, but it is easy to gush about the ship!

The INSIDE stateroom was MORE than an deluxe oceanview when we booked for next Feb, IF you can believe it!!!!! People are refusing upgrades! We are glad we had a chance to see what they were all about!

Your day sounds just heavenly to me. It is cold and windy here today and laying out in the sun is what I really would like to be doing.

Oh tell me about it! My tan is slowly fading!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! :banana:

Hi there! Glad to share! :wave2:

I am really enjoying this. Thank you:)

I am glad to hear it, thank you!! :goodvibes

I have noticed people claiming chairs at the resort pools, so I think it is perfectly reasonable to do it on the cruise -- especially if you are going to be there all day. ::yes::

Such a relaxing way to spend the day! Lying in a chair, eating, reading, drinking, and soaking in the sun is my idea of heaven right now! :thumbsup2

That virtual porthole is really neat -- I think I would really like it since the thought of being in a room without a window kind of freaks me out.

Oh, and I saw your message over on my PTR -- not a biggie -- still plenty of time until we leave on the trip. :laughing: I am not sure where our weekend went -- one minute it was Friday night and now, suddenly it is Sunday. Apparently all I have to show for it is two books read, a batch of Mardi Gras King cupcakes, and some clean clothes. :lmao:

I have noticed people claiming chairs at the resort pools, so I think it is perfectly reasonable to do it on the cruise -- especially if you are going to be there all day. ::yes::

Such a relaxing way to spend the day! Lying in a chair, eating, reading, drinking, and soaking in the sun is my idea of heaven right now! :thumbsup2

That virtual porthole is really neat -- I think I would really like it since the thought of being in a room without a window kind of freaks me out.

Oh, and I saw your message over on my PTR -- not a biggie -- still plenty of time until we leave on the trip. :laughing: I am not sure where our weekend went -- one minute it was Friday night and now, suddenly it is Sunday. Apparently all I have to show for it is two books read, a batch of Mardi Gras King cupcakes, and some clean clothes. :lmao:

It was a great day, and yes, it was exactly what we needed after a few weeks of crazy school stuff!

The porthole really is clever, and wait until you see the photos I took! It didn't feel like an inside room at all. rather, the porthole does help give a great illusion in this case. I think I would have felt differently if we DIDN'T have one...

YES, I will mail it out, and yes I agree, I didn't even get to the laundry. Rather I did it, but the pile is almost as tall as I!!!! Being a Drama Mama takes up a lot of time! :laughing: I got some great Aristocats photos I am going to post on my Summer PTR. :thumbsup2

The porthole really is clever, and wait until you see the photos I took! It didn't feel like an inside room at all. rather, the porthole does help give a great illusion in this case. I think I would have felt differently if we DIDN'T have one...

I agree!

YES, I will mail it out, and yes I agree, I didn't even get to the laundry. Rather I did it, but the pile is almost as tall as I!!!! Being a Drama Mama takes up a lot of time! :laughing: I got some great Aristocats photos I am going to post on my Summer PTR. :thumbsup2

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures from the Aristocrats! I bet they are just precious! Was it both boys in the show or just one?

I can't believe the virtual porthole rooms cost more than the oceanview rooms! Amazing!

Did you find the stateroom roomy? We're thinking about a trip and can't decide between 2 staterooms or 1 family stateroom. Decisions, decisions!

:thumbsup2What a great relaxing day at Nassau! It looked like a beautiful day to just relax.

The porthole rooms are neat! It would drive me crazy to not be able to see something outside. I am slightly claustrophobic and not sure I could survive in an inside stateroom. Have you ever stayed in a verandah room? We are looking at that option for our 5 night cruise next April.

Can't wait to read more!

Erika

What a wonderfully relaxing day! I was initally tempted to stay on board when we dock in Nassau too, but having never been there, we changed our minds. We're hoping to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter with the Wig'd family :woohoo:

Fill me in on this DOTD. Do you buy the equivalent of a refillable mug and get the DOTD for a reduced price, or is just the 'special' of day?

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures from the Aristocrats! I bet they are just precious! Was it both boys in the show or just one?

No, just Griffin -- grades 3 - 5 only. It was adorable. I will post on my PTR!

I can't believe the virtual porthole rooms cost more than the oceanview rooms! Amazing!

Did you find the stateroom roomy? We're thinking about a trip and can't decide between 2 staterooms or 1 family stateroom. Decisions, decisions!
Yeah, tell me about it!!! That is what we said!!! :eek: At least that was the case on the FEB cruise on President's day... the stateroom was roomy enough for the two of us, for us the family stateroom is going to be better for the four of us I think... you can get 2 connecting staterooms, in fact the two inside connect, and I think that would be good. But the deluxe oceanview and family staterooms were plenty roomy (from those I saw on disembarkation day. So I say go for whatever the best deal is.

:thumbsup2What a great relaxing day at Nassau! It looked like a beautiful day to just relax.

The porthole rooms are neat! It would drive me crazy to not be able to see something outside. I am slightly claustrophobic and not sure I could survive in an inside stateroom. Have you ever stayed in a verandah room? We are looking at that option for our 5 night cruise next April.

Can't wait to read more!

Erika

I thought it would too... I have never stayed in an inside cabin before, it "felt" better, I liked having the virtual porthole, it helped -- but when I walked through some rooms with natural light there was definitely a difference. I have stayed in a verandah before, our 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. It was nice! We have one booked for our next 7 night over thanksgiving b/c it is so long. And I think they will be able to handle it. I was too nervous with the kids, but we decided to go for it this time. We are staying in an Ocean view with the mega porthole this june. Those portholes are HUGE, so I would tell you they give you lots of light and a view and a place to sit!

What a wonderfully relaxing day! I was initally tempted to stay on board when we dock in Nassau too, but having never been there, we changed our minds. We're hoping to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter with the Wig'd family :woohoo:

Fill me in on this DOTD. Do you buy the equivalent of a refillable mug and get the DOTD for a reduced price, or is just the 'special' of day?

Totally relaxing! You will have a great experience with Wig'D and family!!! I went back and forth about excursions.. I am not sure yet, either. We MAY go to Atlantis this time. With the kids. Not sure. There is time to do an activity THEN get back on the ship.

The drink of the day is just a "well" drink of sorts... so they had bahama mamas one day, and another rum punch type drink the next, ONE drink I didn't want (had midori in it -- I don't like it b/c it is melon flavored) and also they had conch coolers on castaway day... The choices were all good. They offer "souvenir" glasses the first day of the cruise (that cup I have in one of my photos) and a couple choices at Castaway... I like the one they have at Castaway. They don't have refillable mugs, b/c the coke machines are there -- but I saw people using their mugs on the ship (since they only cup they give for soda, etc. is rather small...) And if you add your own mixer, you would want a bigger cup I am sure.

Hey Jennifer!! I just found your TR and I'm all caught up! The ship looks absolutely beautiful!!! We actually just booked a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for May 19, 2012! I cannot WAIT!! I've been spending lots of time on the DCL part of the DIS lately trying to learn as much as possible! So I'm really enjoying your TR!!! :goodvibes

I just got done reading your TR so far, wow, I am joinin in for sure!! Great report.

I was so excited to read it, first we are going to BLT for the 1st time as new DVC owners in 37 days and in August we are going on the Dream. When we cruise this summer we will be at Kidani for 4 nights and then 3 nights on the Dream. This will be our 2nd DCL.

I loved what you had to say about capacity, that makes so much sense. Also, regarding crowds, that what I expected. It depends on where you are and at what time. I found that with our last cruise.

Envious that it was just DHubby and you, but then again we will be with our 3 DSs who are all old enough to be on their own.

We are also going to be staying inside staterooms. Thanks again. Can not wait for the rest of your report.

:love::cloud9::love::cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter