Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

Jen, thank you SO much for taking the time to answer all of my questions, I really appreciate it! We really are so excited! I hope we can meet up for a drink onboard!:thumbsup2

Hey! No problem. Happy to. It keeps all the details fresh for me, too! I didn't take enough pics of the kid stuff, but I saw a lot and asked questions. :surfweb: Plus I have been reading myself. And YES! Maybe one night after dinner or something if everyone's kids are in the kids club! I am so looking foward to going back to Pink for a champagne cocktail :cloud9:

Glad to have you along!!!

Well, we have a Boma breakfast ressie at 7:45 that morning. I fully intend to enjoy it and not rush through it too. I need to just take a "we'll get there when we get there" approach - I'm just not sure the OCD part of me can do that :lmao:

Where the fun in that?! :rolleyes1

Oh yes, that will work for you, exactly, don't rush.

RE the drinks, DH got one he actually really liked and after a few sips said, hey, all this needs is the rum... SO... ;)

Let me just say for the record that I am so glad it is Saturday, and I finally have a chance to catch up on all your adventures!

Yes, count me in as another DISer who loves early mornings at WDW!

Those candy boxes are very cute!!! I will have to remember to keep an eye out for them in May.

They were very cute. I don't know who I would by one for, but I laughed at the packaging! I knew I was preaching to the choir on the morning views.... the best. :cloud9:

DH's dramatic pose is very funny! :lmao:

I would have stressed over getting number nine as well, but glad it wasn't anywhere near as bad as you thought.

Oh he had to do it a few times I kept cracking up then laughing and the camera kept moving... but it was okay! You get the point!

You know I am glad to know the story so I don't fret next time. Matt knows how I get OCD, anxious, etc. and he says RELAX... so it will be easier knowing all of this going in with the kids!

Remy's is gorgeous on the inside! Is it another restaurant like Palo's or on the normal rotation?

Sadly, it is NOT on the rotation!!! :laughing: I think people would never leave! It is like Palos. You have to pay the surcharge. I fear we are so spoiled. I had one mediocre meal in the main dining room, the rest was quite good. Our server brought me another entree, so that was corrected, but I can only imagine what Remy's is like. It is more... $75.00 a person. So we have to decide if the $150.00 is what we want to spend our $$ on. Know what I mean?

Ah, a drink to start off the cruise! Just perfect! :lovestruc

Yes. It was. But, err... it was more than "a drink to start off the cruise" I fear... :rolleyes1 Those $5.75 Bahama Mama's go down quickly...

I have a feeling this TR is going to make me really want to take a cruise on the Dream! :rotfl:

Sounds like a good start to your voyage. Looking forward to more!

You know, any TR will do that to you!!! :laughing: You are not suffering from an ailment that we all don't have too!!!

You are definitely selling the cruise experience. :goodvibes Color me tempted! Sorry for the newbie question but what is the difference b/w Palo and Remy? I understand both are "signature" dining and that Palo existed on the other ships whereas Remy is new with the Dream. Any other differences? Did you try Remy this trip?

Can't get over those restrooms... wow! :)

You are really making me want to try a cruise... :rolleyes1

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures of the boat. It looks simply amazing.

Palo looks lovely.

I am glad your cruise is off to such a great start. Love it!

Beautiful pictures of the ship, I can't wait to see her for myself :yay:

How was The Golden Mickey's?

Back home and finally catching up.
I enjoy seeing your cruise pictures, as it is doubtful I will ever go on one. I would love to see Castaway Cay, though.

The new candy boxes were all over Disney World this trip. Same candy put in cleverly themed boxes - I bet they have tripled in sales! :laughing:

Great TR so far. We are leaving for our 4 day dream trip in 19 days!!

The ship looks amazing! Thank you for sharing so many pictures! It really gets me more anxious to go on a cruise next year.

Erika

I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures of the ship! Those bathrooms are amazing as is the main lobby (is that what it is called?). Such opulence!!!

I can't get over how empty Palo's was! :eek: Wow!

Well we woke up refreshed and to a nice morning on deck! Well at least it looked that way by the porthole!!! :laughing: We were in the process of docking at Nassau. I got into my exercise gear and headed to the workout facility which is in the Spa. DH met me there about 15 minutes later, but as I was walking there I noticed that people were already out on the deck setting up their chairs, and it dawned on me that we planned to be on deck all day, too. Although there were notes about not “reserving” seats, I wanted to make sure we had two lounges, so I called the room and told DH to bring our bag with the towels and a magazine, and to put them on a couple chairs. SORRY for breaking the rule, or following the rest of the guests, but I wanted a nice place to sit.

First a view off one side of the ship... away from Nassau proper...

DisneyCruise2011075.jpg

DisneyCruise2011076.jpg

DisneyCruise2011077.jpg

Here are some shots I took of the deck area, again see that the time is early, and there is NO one around!!!

DisneyCruise2011078.jpg

Here you can see our bags on two lounges, which we then moved... However I will say a minute or so after I took this photo a couple came out and sat on two of them, so people were coming to life around 9am...

DisneyCruise2011079.jpg

These two are shots of the decks directly above the pool. One shows the next level where the bar and more seating is... I really liked those round seats, very comfortable!!! Also shown from that deck, then, looking down to the rest of the pool deck directly above the pool itself.

DisneyCruise2011080.jpg

DisneyCruise2011086.jpg

As I mentioned, DH initially put the towels on the lounges right by the pool (BE ADVISED there are only SIX lounges in front of the pool with ANY hint of sun…) When we came out of the gym, I told him that would be the case and while it might be nice to be there, it wouldn’t last long, so we moved up to the top deck. JUST for the record, the seats near the pool were not all claimed, nor were they all on deck, either. At least not on this day -- On our AT SEA day, there were far more people grabbing lounge chairs early. Now we didn’t make it to the gym before 8:00 I think a little after. And it was when we got out of the gym that people were staking out spots, so between 9 - 10 I guess. This should give you perspective that the adult area was slow to start getting busy, etc. However, I bet the main pool deck was quicker to fill up with people “establishing” their spots… I would hate to think earlier than that time, but it could very well be.

Now THIS is a really neat area. This is all the way forward. It is beautiful and really wide open. I would LOVE to be up here when we have the kids, but the challenge with this area is that it is VERY far from the pools... so though it says "family" I am not really sure how that would work out. BUT isn't this blue sofa thing cool!!!! :thumbsup2

DisneyCruise2011081.jpg

DisneyCruise2011082.jpg

DisneyCruise2011083.jpg

DisneyCruise2011085.jpg

A view of the Teen area... okay, I am not complaining, but this is a nice secluded area. I also didn't see it getting much use the three times I walked by -- I just hope good space wasn't wasted on a concept that these older kids didn't really want (at least the outside portion!) I suspect in the summer it will be busier. ;)

Some on the boards have commented that it should have been the adult space, but I think it would be too small... and too far from the bar!!! :laughing:

DisneyCruise2011084.jpg

So once we set up our seats, we headed over to Cabanas for some breakfast. A NICE buffet, with lox and bagels, and everything else, very traditional breakfast items, some great yogurt blends (they offer these in the main dining room “Mango Honey”… WAY TASTY!!!! ):goodvibes Eggs Benedict with Asparagus! All nice choices, juices, etc. You name it. We sat outside, enjoyed the fresh air, and then headed down to our room to get suited up!

Here is a morning view out our "porthole"!!! :laughing:

DisneyCruise2011087.jpg

We were on deck then, for the day. It was beautiful outside! Truly, our day was relaxing. It was the exact reason we came on the cruise! There were plenty of people on board, probably cruisers who didn’t feel a need to go to Nassau, and some who went on early excursions then came back on the boat. We went for some lunch around 1. Rather, I went and filled a plate with Sushi and some other great stuff, marinated mozerellla, finger items and fruit. I brought it back to our lounges with some cokes, where we ate and chatted, and then of course sampled the drink of the day! This was pretty much how we spent our port side day. Nothing exciting I know!!! :cool2: I will say that I did note the crowds when I walked to Cabanas. There were definitely families who stayed on the ship. I sensed that things were busy, and all of the lounges that were in the pool area were being used… this is even the lounges off to the sides of the pool deck, under the decks above, so not in any sun at all. I didn’t assess what it like up top on this day. However, crowds aside, things seemed to flow well and it seemed manageable. It was notably different from the adult side, where there were people, but not as much "action" if you will. But of course that is understandable!!

Late in the afternoon, I would say about 4, we were ready to go in and get showers. Things were definitely picking up on deck at this point, because people were required to be back on board in a few hours, and I think people had gone exploring and were now returning. There was live music down by the pool, the pool had plenty of people hanging out, and generally guests were lounging, like us, for the whole day, or, were arriving to enjoy the late afternoon. :goodvibes The point, is that there was something for everyone, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves! :thumbsup2

Stay TUNED for more...

Hi, I've been enjoying your trip report this moring really great. We're planning to go for our first cruise ever next February.

Quick question on the Kids Club check in line, I know you didn't have kids this time so maybe you won't know until after your family trip. But, did you have to get in line early to make sure your children were able to go at all or just for the wristband and place in line didn't matter? I hope that made sense. :confused3

Can't wait to read more! Thanks!

That porthole looks so super cool! I can't get over how empty the deck was in the shots you took. But I have to say I am a bit nervous about the idea that you have to be up early to reserve lounge chairs... am I overreacting? :laughing: I am serious about my sunshine. :upsidedow

You are definitely selling the cruise experience. :goodvibes Color me tempted! Sorry for the newbie question but what is the difference b/w Palo and Remy? I understand both are "signature" dining and that Palo existed on the other ships whereas Remy is new with the Dream. Any other differences? Did you try Remy this trip?

Can't get over those restrooms... wow! :)

You are really making me want to try a cruise... :rolleyes1

It was very dreamy!!! LOL!!

HARDLY a newbie question!! :laughing: Palos is the signature, yes, and comes with a $20.00 per person surcharge. We didn't try Remy's, no. We thought about it, especially when there were reservations available! But, with the $150.00 fee and tip, we just hadn't planned to use our cruise $ for that. So we opted instead for three times at Palos -- 2 dinners and brunch. Basically $120.00 for that, and tip, so in a way we made that $ go a little farther. I think we will try it in June, though, if we can get in. I say this because we definitely want to try it, and we'll see if we can make it work one of the nights...

The food is more like V & A as best as I understand it.

The ship looks beautiful! I love that chandelier! Can't wait to see more!

It really is. Though all the Disney ships are beautiful. :goodvibes

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures of the boat. It looks simply amazing.

Palo looks lovely.

I am glad your cruise is off to such a great start. Love it!

It really was a great start to a wonderful, okay DREAMy :upsidedow four nights!!!!

Beautiful pictures of the ship, I can't wait to see her for myself :yay:

How was The Golden Mickey's?

You will love it! :goodvibes The Golden Mickey's was cute. I remember it from last year, I think it was the same show, but of course the production quality makes it great entertainment -- Disney is well versed in these sort of "composite" shows, streamline as many stories from Disney as you can, with usually a common thread... character, etc. It works. They are fun, and you can't go wrong. We had fun.

Enjoying your report!! We sail May 26th!!

YAY!!! Have a great time!! :yay:

Back home and finally catching up.
I enjoy seeing your cruise pictures, as it is doubtful I will ever go on one. I would love to see Castaway Cay, though.

The new candy boxes were all over Disney World this trip. Same candy put in cleverly themed boxes - I bet they have tripled in sales! :laughing:

I gotta catch up, TOO!!!! :laughing: So excited to hear how your trip was! the weather seemed PERFECT!!!!

Those candy boxes are cute, but exactly that "clever" ;)

Great TR so far. We are leaving for our 4 day dream trip in 19 days!!

WOW!!! You must be so excited!!!!! :goodvibes

Wow! Your day at Nassau sounds perfect to me :thumbsup2 I would have stayed on the ship too ;) Did you enjoy your DOTD every day? :)

The Dream is a gorgeous, gorgeous ship! So majestic....I think I need to pay her visit. :rolleyes1

Love that porthole! I am sure that has made the inside staterooms quite popular. They really look cute! :goodvibes

Tracy

Your day sounds just heavenly to me. It is cold and windy here today and laying out in the sun is what I really would like to be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter