Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

Wow - More amazing pictures of the boat. It keeps getting better and better. That's it - I'm sold. I need to do a cruise. It looks so perfect in so many ways.

Are the shops duty free? (I'm pretty sure they are) If so, that is why they can't be open in port.

Yep! Well not all but some, so that makes sense!

I'd say that those booths look like they could start spinning at any time!!!
The restaurant looks beautiful but I'm thinking if we could get Palo this night we might....
(Hey Michelle, do we dare send the boys to dinner alone?:laughing:)

I would say that makes sense to me, too... you can always eat breakfast in the restaurant you end up missing...

It is pretty... But I say do breakfast. Not sure when you have dining times, but if you make your Palo's late enough, you can all go together, sit with them, then leave for Palo's.. Just don't eat with them...

I never thought of it before you mentioned it, but those booths do look like ride vehicles, too funny!! The restaurant looks really beautiful. Do you remembered what you ordered that wasn't very good, I'll be sure to keep that OFF my list :thumbsup2

They could always just grab quick service or eat at Cabanas....... :rolleyes1

I know don't they!!! It was very pretty. I had a lobster ravioli or something like that -- meh. Matt had the Ahi Tuna, appetizer... it was VERY good. I think I was expecting Cali Grill ravioli....;) Then I got a pork loin.... the potatoes sounded good, actually, but it was dry. No real flavor... I swapped for the fish special with risotto.... MUCH better. DH had a fish too... can't recall what. But he enjoyed it. They have this pan-asia type menu I think... it was okay. Dessert was good, though!

Wow - More amazing pictures of the boat. It keeps getting better and better. That's it - I'm sold. I need to do a cruise. It looks so perfect in so many ways.

You would really like it I bet!!!!! I am sold! :thumbsup2

Looks like a very pretty restaurant but I am with you....the booths do look like ride vehicles!! :rotfl: That was the first thing I thought of when I saw pictures of them awhile ago in Disney Files!! :lmao:

I think I remember seeing that show in 07. I know I saw the Golden Mickeys....we were just trying to take it all in!

Looking forward to your day on CC...can't wait to see that turquoise water!

Tracy

We then asked GS where we should go to get new reservations for Palos. In the navigator is seemed to suggest you called for the reservations, vs. show up to get them at the D Lounge (which is one of the lounges on board, and used to be the case on the other ships. It also was the case for everything else you wanted to do regarding dining on the Dream) but the fellow at guest services said they were booking reservations up at the restaurants proper. This was my SECOND panic moment this afternoon. Previously when I asked the CM inside the terminal, it was suggested that you could only call… That sounded completely wrong to me, and looking closely at the Navigator it did say 1:00 Palos. So We decided that we had to try out the actual restaurant, as he said, and so up the elevator we went, to the 11th deck. We took the Aft Elevator. That elevator puts you right in the middle of Cabanas, where we asked again, THEY said, “oh no, you have to go to D Lounge for that” – but when I suggested that I was told otherwise at GS, they checked. Sure enough the reservations were being taken AT Palos. This was a surprise to some of the CMs there at the restaurant, so be aware!

We went right up stairs and got there just after 1pm, just as they were setting up. We walked right into the restaurant and got TWO additional ressies! Dinner on Pirate night, AND a brunch! :yay: It is my hunch that most people either did go to D lounge, or called, because if three of the CMs we spoke to were not clear, there had to be some confusion. Regardless, by 1:15 we had our reservations done, and for the record, Remy’s ALSO was available, there were several openings… since the area was basically empty, we asked if we could see Remy’s… they immediately offered, and we were given a tour of the restaurant as well… here are a few of the photos I took, trying not to take up too much time for the CM who was nice enough to take us back to see the “Gustau” room!

You sound like you were feeling how I'll be feeling. I got dinner, but wasn't able to get brunch, so Palo reservations are my FIRST priority.

In reading reviews it sounds like you should go to the D lounge like Wavebands on the other boat, but now the navigators look like they say to call certain numbers for Palo and Remy.

I know it may change yet again before I go in May, but since you've been on the ship already, from the point that you board and they say welcome XXXX family, what's the best/fastest route/elevator to get to Palo?

Okay okay, I don’t normally go around taking photos of bathrooms, but really, I was so amazed that things were so elegant and well appointed, and how each area of the ship “fit” the theme of the location… so here is what they looked like at Palo/Remy’s….

DisneyCruise2011181.jpg

DisneyCruise2011214.jpg

The tile work in all the bathrooms was really amazing, I mean I don’t normally notice these kind of things, but I was really impressed with the craftsmanship on the boat and the attention to theme and color. It really was neat.

Great review :thumbsup2 I'm only half way through, but loving it so far.

I may have to powder my nose just to see that bathroom :rotfl:

Anything extra special worth trying from Palo aside from the souffle of course?

How about Meridian? Was it open during the day or just at night?

Any good suggestions of drinks from Pink?

I'm going in 70 days and cannot wait :yay:

I am all caught up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun day/night at BLT and lovely dinner. I'm going to have to check out those crab nachos in May I think. The Dream looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!! And amazingly empty. Even though it wasn't. How nice to feel that private, yet it was sold out. Love the porthole. We actually thought about oceanview instead of veranda for alaska as well, it will be cold but just couldn't get behind it depsite the cost difference but that porthole looks seriously cool.

I had NO idea Remy was that much. Actually I know nothing about it but ouch! I might have to reconsider the wine package, I didn't know you could add it once you were on board, thought it was a pre-order thing. We plan to bring some but nice to know that you really like the options they had.

It sounds wonderfully relaxing so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like you were feeling how I'll be feeling. I got dinner, but wasn't able to get brunch, so Palo reservations are my FIRST priority.

In reading reviews it sounds like you should go to the D lounge like Wavebands on the other boat, but now the navigators look like they say to call certain numbers for Palo and Remy.

I know it may change yet again before I go in May, but since you've been on the ship already, from the point that you board and they say welcome XXXX family, what's the best/fastest route/elevator to get to Palo?

Hello! Welcome! Well, it depends on when you board, obviously, but I would say just take the first elevators you can to Cabanas. If they run it the way they did in February, you either pick up the phone or show up at the restaurants at 1:00. It isn't at D lounge. Well it wasn't for the President's day weekend cruise. So if between now and then, they go back to everything at D Lounge, then you will want to make your way to D Lounge which is in the FRONT of the ship on Deck 4 I believe. So you don't have to take the elevator. Just walk up the stairs. However, if it stays as it is now, I would say if you take the elevators, either AFT, or midship, you'll be in the right place. Because Palo's and Remy's is above Cabanas.

Great review :thumbsup2 I'm only half way through, but loving it so far.

I may have to powder my nose just to see that bathroom :rotfl:

Anything extra special worth trying from Palo aside from the souffle of course?

How about Meridian? Was it open during the day or just at night?

Any good suggestions of drinks from Pink?

I'm going in 70 days and cannot wait :yay:

These are not "private," or inside the restaurant. They are right there in the lobby landing area near the two restaurants. They are just themed to what is around them. Like I said, I changed in one :laughing: it was so empty up there!

All the menu items at Palo's are wonderful... That I have tried, anyhow. The lamb is fabulous.

Meridian had some great martini style cocktails. I had a champagne blended thing at Pink -- I wish I could remember what it was called!!!! :headache:

Meridian was open from the afternoon on... we went around 5, I think, or between 4 and 5.... hard to remember exactly the time...

Have a great trip, and be sure to confirm any details on the boards, because it helps all of us!

Looks like a very pretty restaurant but I am with you....the booths do look like ride vehicles!! :rotfl: That was the first thing I thought of when I saw pictures of them awhile ago in Disney Files!! :lmao:

I think I remember seeing that show in 07. I know I saw the Golden Mickeys....we were just trying to take it all in!

Looking forward to your day on CC...can't wait to see that turquoise water!

Tracy

It is pretty and it was a definite upgrade from Parrot Cay... I bet you saw Villains and Golden Mickeys. The new one is the new "Believe" show... I think they have a different one on the Magic and the Wonder, but they may be changing it to this one, too... all of them were great.

CC Coming up this week! :thumbsup2

Great TR! I didn't think it was possible, but you've got me even MORE addicted to this board! popcorn:::surfweb:

Oh DEAR!!! :laughing: Sorry about that....:rotfl:

I am all caught up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun day/night at BLT and lovely dinner. I'm going to have to check out those crab nachos in May I think. The Dream looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!! And amazingly empty. Even though it wasn't. How nice to feel that private, yet it was sold out. Love the porthole. We actually thought about oceanview instead of veranda for alaska as well, it will be cold but just couldn't get behind it depsite the cost difference but that porthole looks seriously cool.

I had NO idea Remy was that much. Actually I know nothing about it but ouch! I might have to reconsider the wine package, I didn't know you could add it once you were on board, thought it was a pre-order thing. We plan to bring some but nice to know that you really like the options they had.

It sounds wonderfully relaxing so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. The nachos are WAY good... The lack of obvious crowds also surprised us, too. Only in key areas or times... The virtual porthole is novel. We would not book this room with our kids, but for the two of us it was fine, and we were curious. For the four nights, it was not an issue (we were hardly in the cabin as it was). On the week long cruise, I agree with you about the verandah -- and the scenery will be worth having that private view, I think, especially on the way to Alaska...

The wine package totally fine -- they had an Oregon Pinot that was great, and we did two whites (I will look for the vinyards)... all good. This was the "deluxe" package. We thought the same thing about Remy's, so we'll see...

I know I came over here and started reading the other day... :confused3 apparently I didn't subscribe! But I'm all caught up now. The Dream is beautiful & you look like you were having a great time.

Thank you for taking the time to share. I am enjoying.

I have a question (and I hope you have not already answered and i missed it). Several people have talked about how confusing it was- where hall suddenly ends and you have to go back to stairs, go up a floor walk to the other end and then down a floor. That kind of thing. Did you find getting around confusing. Is there a map that shows which halls do not go through, etc. Thanks

Great TR, marking my spot to read more later.......thanks. I'm ready for my Bahama Mama now!

Dave

I know I came over here and started reading the other day... :confused3 apparently I didn't subscribe! But I'm all caught up now. The Dream is beautiful & you look like you were having a great time.

Oh glad you are here! I am getting over to your TR, love the ground hog allusion! :goodvibes

Thank you for taking the time to share. I am enjoying.

I have a question (and I hope you have not already answered and i missed it). Several people have talked about how confusing it was- where hall suddenly ends and you have to go back to stairs, go up a floor walk to the other end and then down a floor. That kind of thing. Did you find getting around confusing. Is there a map that shows which halls do not go through, etc. Thanks

Hmmm.. I didn't really have that trouble. Maybe depending on what floor you were on? I am sure the maps do give you that clarity, I hadn't seen the posts on the Cruise board about these items so I'd have to know the specifics. However there are maps everywhere, and generally you can get to all levels with the three sets of elevators. We didn't use the front elevators much, mostly the aft and midship. But the front elevators were the least used...I didn't find the ship confusing at all.

Great TR, marking my spot to read more later.......thanks. I'm ready for my Bahama Mama now!

Dave

Great! I'm ready for a Bahama Mama, too! :laughing:

Hello! Welcome! Well, it depends on when you board, obviously, but I would say just take the first elevators you can to Cabanas. If they run it the way they did in February, you either pick up the phone or show up at the restaurants at 1:00. It isn't at D lounge. Well it wasn't for the President's day weekend cruise. So if between now and then, they go back to everything at D Lounge, then you will want to make your way to D Lounge which is in the FRONT of the ship on Deck 4 I believe. So you don't have to take the elevator. Just walk up the stairs. However, if it stays as it is now, I would say if you take the elevators, either AFT, or midship, you'll be in the right place. Because Palo's and Remy's is above Cabanas.

These are not "private," or inside the restaurant. They are right there in the lobby landing area near the two restaurants. They are just themed to what is around them. Like I said, I changed in one :laughing: it was so empty up there!

All the menu items at Palo's are wonderful... That I have tried, anyhow. The lamb is fabulous.

Meridian had some great martini style cocktails. I had a champagne blended thing at Pink -- I wish I could remember what it was called!!!! :headache:

Meridian was open from the afternoon on... we went around 5, I think, or between 4 and 5.... hard to remember exactly the time...

Have a great trip, and be sure to confirm any details on the boards, because it helps all of us!

Thanks, I will make my way there and maybe have my husband call in case there's a line.

I saw one menu that mentioned a creme brulee martini in Meridian that I have my eyes on popcorn::

I also saw a pic of a champagne at Pink that comes with a dessert. Mmmm mmm good. Sign me up :goodvibes

Hmmm.. I didn't really have that trouble. Maybe depending on what floor you were on? I am sure the maps do give you that clarity, I hadn't seen the posts on the Cruise board about these items so I'd have to know the specifics. However there are maps everywhere, and generally you can get to all levels with the three sets of elevators. We didn't use the front elevators much, mostly the aft and midship. But the front elevators were the least used...I didn't find the ship confusing at all.

Thanks! That sounds great. I had read on at least three trip reports of people saying they had trouble on deck 5 where there was a locked door and they had to go up and then back down to get to the club/lab. Here is a quote from Daddy's In Charge that has a thread here that links to his blog.

"There are many issues with the layout of the ship that just don't make sense to me. There was a lack of signage telling people where to go, hallways that just kind of ended and the access to the stairs and elevators were quite confusing. More than once I thought I would be able to get to somewhere I wanted to go, only to have to climb back up two flights of stairs to walk down a giant hall to go back down two flights, it really was quite maddening at times. I don't want to have to look at a map all the time to figure out where I need to go. Luckily we were on this boat for seven nights so we were able to figure things out. I don't know how people on just a three day cruise felt, but I would have been completely lost."

This is why I asked. It is comforting knowing that you did not find it confusing. Thanks again.

Enjoying reading about your trip! Can't wait for more!

Thanks! More coming tonight!!! :thumbsup2

You got it!!! just after dinner and baths!!!! :laughing:

Thanks! That sounds great. I had read on at least three trip reports of people saying they had trouble on deck 5 where there was a locked door and they had to go up and then back down to get to the club/lab. Here is a quote from Daddy's In Charge that has a thread here that links to his blog.

"There are many issues with the layout of the ship that just don't make sense to me. There was a lack of signage telling people where to go, hallways that just kind of ended and the access to the stairs and elevators were quite confusing. More than once I thought I would be able to get to somewhere I wanted to go, only to have to climb back up two flights of stairs to walk down a giant hall to go back down two flights, it really was quite maddening at times. I don't want to have to look at a map all the time to figure out where I need to go. Luckily we were on this boat for seven nights so we were able to figure things out. I don't know how people on just a three day cruise felt, but I would have been completely lost."

This is why I asked. It is comforting knowing that you did not find it confusing. Thanks again.

Ah, well he seems to be trying to go the length of the ship? I think I remember being surprised, maybe once that the floor didn't go all the way across... or something like that, I vaguely remember one "dead end" as it were, but didn't give it much thought at the time. We were on the 9th deck, however, so we only had to walk up two to get to the decks outside, or, go down to the midship elevators to go down to 3, 4, etc... So our back and forth was pretty limited to those choices. It may have been also due to where his cabin was. It is a big ship, regardless!

Thanks, I will make my way there and maybe have my husband call in case there's a line.

I saw one menu that mentioned a creme brulee martini in Meridian that I have my eyes on popcorn::

I also saw a pic of a champagne at Pink that comes with a dessert. Mmmm mmm good. Sign me up :goodvibes

Oh I saw that martini, too! But it was too dessert like for me at that time of day... after dinner? Now that would be a different story! Same with champagne and dessert! I didn't recall that, but I couldn't think about eating after Palo's!!!! It was a bellini type drink, but it wasn't called a bellini! I will try to check for the drink list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter