Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first week in December will still be less crowded than the 2nd. The Value resorts might be full but that doesnt mean all the parks will be. The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded it gets around here!

Karen im bias and have always loved the WL-- but in the winter its a MUST DO! Very romantic-- they have the fire decorated and the tree at the WL is GREAT! They put it up a week or so before thanksgiving and its great. PPL were coming from all the resorts to look at the tree.

I think the first week in December will still be less crowded than the 2nd. The Value resorts might be full but that doesnt mean all the parks will be. The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded it gets around here!

I thought the same thing.....because kids should still be in school the first week of December, right? Thanks for the input!!

And thanks Maggimus for the WL christmas info!! Sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

The "less intenese" part of Mission Space was not very thrilling. ((We did ride the extreme part on another day)). But we didn't have to stand in line for long so it was ok!!

oh man, I did mission space last may (before they put the less thrilling side on there) and my DF and I both thought it was waaaay too intense!! I'll never ride it again.

Great trip report so far.. you are sooooo beautiful! and I love the door hanger you made.... maybe I'll do something like that! haha. :banana:

oh man, I did mission space last may (before they put the less thrilling side on there) and my DF and I both thought it was waaaay too intense!! I'll never ride it again.

I agree....I enjoyed it but I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to ride again. I thought it is a neat idea for a ride and it's a cool ride....I just don't like how it made me feel!! :headache:

:rotfl: I did keep ALL of the confetti!!! :) Scrapbooking purposes, you know! Hehe! :)

I too am the one with my head tucked down hanging on to Jason for dear life!!!! :rotfl:
I kept all of the confetti I got during my birthday trip. :)

I thought the same thing.....because kids should still be in school the first week of December, right? Thanks for the input!!

Yep the kids should still be in school. And the weather is usually really nice around that time of year. It's so pretty at Christmas. You'll love it! Good luck planning the trip :)

Some sad sort of news.... Jason called me at work on Thursday and told me that he talked to his dad who used to work in the plants. His dad told him that you would definitely have to work a whole year before you could take a week off (But that's WITH pay). So I got to thinking well....what if they let you off without taking any vacation time? Wouldn't that make sense?? And if you already had the trip planned before you got the job...then what? So Jason asked me if I wanted to go without him with only my parents. Um...no. Haha! He's going to try to see if they will let him off or work something out with him. I SURE HOPE SO.......please keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!!!!!

I kinda went through this "Disney Depression" this week. I want to go back so bad and I want to be there now!!! I got all of my pictures back this week and so I got to thinking about the wedding and the trip and how it's all OVER! It depressed me. Yeah I'm happy to be married and I love my husband but ..... it's all over! :( But then I got better knowning that I will be going back soon...even if it's not in December....it will be soon! :)

Ok...now for a much needed update....

:banana: :banana: GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?? :banana: :banana:

My parent's 30th Anniversary was the week before my wedding so....we didnt' get to "CELEBRATE" much at all!!!

AND a 30th Wedding Anniversary is DEFINITELY something to celebrate!!

SO, I think I pretty much talked my parents into *maybe* coming with Jason and I for a DW trip in DECEMBER!!

The reason I say "maybe" is because Jason is graduating in May and starting a new job in June. He already has a job lined up and everything. I'm not sure if they will give him the first week in December off since he'll only be working for them for about 6 months....so I told him to tell them that he has a trip already planned and paid for and he can't get out of it!! :rotfl: And see what they say. If they say ok, then I will procede with the planning!!!

However, I am STILL EXCITED because that *maybe* means Disney TWICE in one year!! And I've never been that often before!!!!!!! :cloud9: I've also never been at Christmas time and I've ALWAYS wanted to go at Christmas time so I'm double excited about this one!!

And it'll be for my parent's 30th!!! Wooohooo!! I was looking into staying at Pop Centry but also looking at Port Orleans Riverside. My parents are up for either one and I think my mom will really enjoy POR but there is a $600.00 difference between the two. I LOVED POR and don't want to stay anywhere else so I'm gonna work on it and see what I can figure out!!

I LOVE being with my parents and so does Jason so I think this will be a VERY EXCITING trip if it all works out! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!! :banana:

thats so exciting! we will be there in december, and I too was estatic about going back twice in one year! my parents leave for disney tomorrow to celebrate their 30th anniversary. how weird! so they are staying at AKL and we are staying there in dec. (without them) i hope it works out for you! since i also started a new job i am "saving up" my vacation days! :banana:

thats so exciting! we will be there in december, and I too was estatic about going back twice in one year! my parents leave for disney tomorrow to celebrate their 30th anniversary. how weird! so they are staying at AKL and we are staying there in dec. (without them) i hope it works out for you! since i also started a new job i am "saving up" my vacation days! :banana:

How funny!!! :)

And your job didn't have a problem with you taking off that time? I so hope it all works out with his job.....

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

After we finished our lunch in Cinderella's castle, we took a stroll down Main Street. Now this is like at 2:00 in the afternoon. We ended up behind this man who was walking with a dream team member. What caught my ear was when he said, "I've been praying about this!!" The Cast Member told him that she was so glad that he had known about it all....she said that even with all of the advertising, people still don't know anything about it. This whole time, I was thinking....this man and his family just won the Cinderella's Castle stay!! I never heard them say that officially, though! But I was thinking it! When I told Jason what I thought, he said, "But I thought that prize was always given away by 10 in the morning!" Apparently not!! :)

We lost them around Adventureland...so we could go find a spot to stand for the parade. We ended up in Frontierland where it was less crowded. Jason again did not want to see the "Dream Along With Mickey" parade but I made him anyway! :laughing: I told him that once again, this is a parade done DISNEY style!!

Before the parade actually started, the announcer guy came over the speakers and introduced the first two cars that were "heading off" the parade. The first car was the people who won the Cinderella's Castle stay which were.....yep.....the people I was walking behind with that Dream Team member. Kinda neat....but kinda sad that it wasn't us who were picked. But that's ok! There's always next time!!!

Anyway, the parade started kind of late, but it was a fun parade!!! :)

hm130.jpg

I just love how colorful everything is!!!

hm132.jpg

In front of this float were pirates. When they saw the hats that we were wearing (bride and groom ears), they started yelling at each other...."LOOK THEY LOST A BET!!!" It was so funny!!!

hm133.jpg

hm134.jpg

:tink: When Friar Tuck saw us, he pointed at his heart and then made a beating heart motion with his hands! It was very cute!!!!

hm135.jpg

hm136.jpg

hm137.jpg

Even the princesses spotted us, pointed at us, and waved!! :)

hm138.jpg

hm139.jpg

After the parade, we stuck around for a little bit longer, watched the Hall of Presidents, etc. Then we headed back to our resort for a "Surprise"!! :)

Cont...

Cont...

I didn't tell Jason what the surprise was because I wanted him to be...well....surprised! :laughing:

A horse and carriage ride!! :)

hm140.jpg

Our driver was really really cool. I asked him to take a picture of us...then he said, well you HAVE to have one of you guys looking out the back of the carraige, too!! :)

hm141.jpg

The horses name was Travis and him and the driver had been working together for 12 years. He said that Travis had been around at Disney longer than him, though....Travis had been doing carraige rides for a little over 15 years now!! :eek:

hm142.jpg

I just fell in love with the grounds at our resort!! The trip takes you through Riverside, then through French Quarter, then back to Riverside. It was so peaceful and beautiful!! And Jason WAS surprised!! :)

hm144.jpg

Cute thing....as we were going past this one building, about 4 girls who looked to be 16 or 17 years old passed by. At first, we couldn't see them because of the canopy, but we heard their "Awwws..". Then when they saw Jason and I inside of the carriage ride with our ears on....the "AWWWWWS" got much much louder........it was HILARIOUS!! :rotfl:

hm145.jpg

Because we had missed Illuminations on Sunday night, we had to squeeze it into another night. Soo....after the carriage ride, we made our way over to Epcot! :)

hm148.jpg

For some reason, I kept thinking that it was Thursday instead of Wednesday. IF it were Thursday night, there would have been a double showing of Illuminations ... 9 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Well, I figured we would eat, then maybe see an attraction, then go see Illuminations at 11:30.

hm146.jpg

hm147.jpg

:tink: We decided to eat at Sunshine Seasons. As we were in line to get our sandwhiches, the chef came over and started to talk to us! He was so excited that we had just gotten married!! After talking with us for about five minutes, he told us to hold on. That's when he came back and handed us two cookies and told us to tell the girl who checked us out that the cookies were compliments of Pablo!! How awesome is that?!?!

We ended up getting Turkey sandwhiches. I had some kind of Butterfinger brownie for dessert and Jason had Butterfinger cheesecake.

hm149.jpg

Yum yum!! :)

As we started to eat, I noticed that this chick was cleaning up the lobby and putting up the chairs inside of the land. That's when I panicked and realized that it was really Wednesday and not Thursday. It was only 8:30 p.m., but I still panicked anyway because I knew that we would not have a good spot for viewing Illuminations!!!!! :scared1:

We ate FAST and then HURRIED over to the lake....where we found a DECENT spot to see the show. I'm just glad we didn't miss it...again!

Coming up....Epcot....and WHOOPS what day is it AGAIN????

How funny!!! :)

And your job didn't have a problem with you taking off that time? I so hope it all works out with his job.....

no b/c we get vacation time like...every pay period we get 4.82 hours of vacation, so i will have enough "saved up" by then to take off.

don't you love the MK parade? "come and share the exciting adventure...." hehe we must have sang that song ALL THE TIME for the rest of our trip. I love it!

so glad he enjoyed the carraige ride!

I just wanted to say that I am loving your trip report! It is getting me so excited to get to Disney for our wedding. We are also staying at POR and before your trip report I really hadn't considered the carriage ride but now I'm going to have to look into it. The picture of you both looking out the back is adorable! :) Thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

don't you love the MK parade? "come and share the exciting adventure...." hehe we must have sang that song ALL THE TIME for the rest of our trip. I love it!

so glad he enjoyed the carraige ride!

:laughing: Thanks now it's stuck in my head....... :laughing:

Every time I think of that song, I see Wendy in my head singing along on her float with the song......she looked spaced out on drugs or something....she was just a little tiny bit scary to me. I got her on video and everyone that I show it to agrees with me. :rotfl:

I just wanted to say that I am loving your trip report! It is getting me so excited to get to Disney for our wedding. We are also staying at POR and before your trip report I really hadn't considered the carriage ride but now I'm going to have to look into it. The picture of you both looking out the back is adorable! :) Thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

Thank you!! I KNOW you will love POR!!! The carriage ride is nice because it's something different, you know? :) It's only $35.00 for a 25 minute ride. Not too bad if I do say so myself!!

Thank you!! I KNOW you will love POR!!! The carriage ride is nice because it's something different, you know? :) It's only $35.00 for a 25 minute ride. Not too bad if I do say so myself!!

Is it $35 per person or in all? I'll be staying at POR for part of my honeymoon/wedding and would love to do that. I'm enjoying reading your trip report so much. You're just glowing in all the pictures. It's getting me super excited to be going to disneyworld in a week and a half for my planning session. All of your photos are so great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter