Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats so cool about your table being decorated at Crystal Palace.

Thats also so cool that the guy gave you fastpasses. Disney magic at its best:yay:

Ya know, Ive been to disney 15-20 times and ive never seen a parade either. I was either a. sleeping during them, or b. it was past my bedtime. Haha-- i wished Dh and I had caught a parade on our honeymoon but we hadnt.

Thats so cool that mousekeeping did that for you. We had a towel animal our first day but nothing after that.

You seem to have had quite a magical trip and you just got there!! I cant wait to hear more!! You and Jason seem so cute together.:hug:

All pictures are welcome all the time - even if you have to split them into 10 posts. I have so enjoyed reading about all your planning and your trip report. I can't believe that CM gave you those great FastPasses - that is a real treasure.

Can't wait to read more.

Linda

Yay! You just never know what you're going to find, even down to the last four days before your wedding. :-) Thanks SO MUCH for the link to mouseforless. I'm definitely printing out some of the mousekeeping envelopes and some of those pocket guides. Genius!

Is it rude to ask how much you tipped them per day?

:rotfl: I couldn't fit all of those pictures into one post so I had to split it up!! Sorry Maggimus!!! :) :) :)

I must have missed this earlier. No need to appologize!! I love reading your TR and seeing all of your photos! Ill wait weeks if I have to :) Your trip seems so fun!

It looks like you're having a great time! I'm really enjoying your TR :) Awesome about the fastpasses! I cannot believe you remembered the CM you saw at the airport. I am sooo bad w/ remembering people if I only meet them briefly. You too look so cute together :goodvibes

Is it rude to ask how much you tipped them per day?

Not rude at all!! :) I had been reading a "tipping" thread right before our trip and I saw that people were really suggesting that you tip the Mouskeepers. I have never done this before, so I felt a little bad about it....:confused3

So anyway, I gave $2 per day. The people who were commenting on the thread said that they gave $1 per day per as many people were there for vacation. Ex: 5 people on vacation - $5 per day. Sooo....I just decided that $2 per day seemed liked a good enough number!! :) We didn't have towel animals in the room every time we returned to our hotel.....just two times. But it was nice of them to take out of their time to make them for us! :thumbsup2

Ha ha ha. I had originally written, "Is it rude to ask how much to tip per day? We've never really done that before" but then was too embarrassed to say that. We never tipped when we were kids! I don't know if it's because it wasn't done back then or my parents didn't know to do it, but I feel sort of bad for all the housekeeping people we've gyped over the years. Thanks so much for your input!

Unfortunately, I have to return to work tomorrow after my 20 day vacation. :sad1:

Therefore, my next update will not be until Friday night because I work those darn 12 hour shifts!! Sooo....until then, have a super Friday!!

Such a great TR :thumbsup2

Wow, you brought me right back to the AK (I really love the AK)! Can't wait for the next installment. Good luck on your first day back post-wedding. That was a tough one for me.

Your TR is great!!! I am really enjoying it and it is making me wicked excited for my own Disneymoon!!! I did the Dining Plan last year for the first time and loved it also...I can't imagine doing the trip without it. Can't wait to read more and Congrats on getting married!!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - MGM Studios

Yet another rainy and cold day. Yuck. But we STILL had fun anyway!! :)

hm79.jpg

We spent this entire day in MGM.

hm75-1.jpg

The first thing we did was grab a Fast Pass for Rockin Roller Coaster - then we went to Tower of Terror and stood in line. It was only about a 30 minute line...not too bad! :)

hm78.jpg

After ToT, it was time for the Rockin Roller Coaster fast passes, so we rode and then we bought the picture at the end because it was hilarious!!! I wish I had a scanner so you could see it but I don't have a scanner!

Anyway, we watched Beauty and the Beast with 4 for a Dollar. They were AWESOME as always!! :)

hm75.jpg

hm76.jpg

hm77.jpg

I was kind of disappointed in MGM's choices for lunch with the dining plan. After the fabulous meal we had in AK, it was kind of disappointing not having the same type of food choices in MGM. Anyway, we ate hamburgers...once again and then we hopped on over to the Backlot Tour.

hm80.jpg

This is us waiting in line for the ride to start.

hm81.jpg

Us in one of the Backlot busses

hm82.jpg

I thought this was cool.....a piece of the set from Pirates of the Caribbean 2!! :)

After we finished the backlot tour, we headed over to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. Inside of here, we saw this:

hm83.jpg

I've always taken a picture OF this before, but never a picture WITH it before!! :) It's Karen from the Mickey Mouse Club and I'm Karen ... not from the Mickey Mouse Club. Anyway,

hm84.jpg

We exlpored the area a little and then went inside for the video.

hm87.jpg

Continued in a few minutes! :0)

Karen Your photos are great!! I must say Shane and I found that the place to eat by the backlot tour (I cant remember the name but its RIGHT beside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground had really good food. We both got these chicken ceasar wraps and they were really big, served with chips and dessert. We both liked them so much that we seriously, no joke, came home and made chicken ceasar wraps when we got home. Next time you might try that place out!

We were going to get inline to see the Narnia attraction but the line was way too long!!

hm88.jpg

It was also a bummer that it rained because Lights, Motors, Action was cancelled and so was Indiana Jones! :(

hm89.jpg

((Hence the poncho once again...))

hm90.jpg

This is a new addition to the park....down Streets of America, they have built a "California" set!

hm91.jpg

Our dinner reservactions were for Mama Melroses with the Fantasmic Dining Package at 6:00 p.m. I was really sad because I wasn't sure if Fantasmic would be cancelled or not due to the rain. If it was, then that would be TWO fireworks shows we'd have to reschedule and I knew we wouldn't have time for that!! :(

hm92.jpg

The wait to sit down was FOREVER!! I made the reservations in what I thougth was going to be PLENTY of time to eat and then make it to Fantasmic at 7:45 p.m. Well, we didn't end up sitting down until almost 6:40 p.m. It was PACKED in there!!

For an appetizer, I had some kind of bread salad.....it was the most disgusting salad I have ever eaten!!

hm93.jpg

Jason had something with sauce and cheese and it was really good!

h95.jpg

Us inside of the restaurant...

hm94.jpg

My entree was a Chicken Parmegan type thing...it was ok but it's still something that I could have eaten back home at an Italian restaurant. I should have known better and ordered something else but I wasn't thinking.

h96.jpg

Jason had a steak...yummy!

hm97.jpg

By this point, they were RUSHING us through our food so we could "make it on time" to Fantasmic. She said that if we weren't through the "Special" gates by 7:45 p.m., then we'd have to wait with everyone else to find a good seat.

:tink: We did receive a "complimentary" glass of wine from the restuarant since we were celebrating our Honeymoon!!

hm96.jpg

Our watiress kept asking us, "Do you want your dessert to go or do you want to eat it here??" Soo....I asked if we were going to even be watching Fantasmic and I was told that if the weather stayed like it was (light drizzle), then yes. So we decided that in order to "make it in time", we'd get our desserts to go. Fantasmic did play, thank goodness...and we had GREAT seats!!!! The entire right section was saved for Dinner Package people and they were the perfect seats!!

hm98.jpg

We had tiramissu for dessert! It was really really good!!

hm99.jpg

After Fantasmic (since there was still one more 10 p.m. showing to go), I figured it would be a good idea to hit up a few of the attractions that had longer lines earlier in the day!!

We watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid

hm100.jpg

And we got to see the Narnia attraction with only like 8 of us in the room! haha!!

hm102.jpg

Through the wardrobe...

hm101.jpg

By this time, it was 10 p.m. and time to say bye bye to MGM. I hoped we'd make it back this trip.....we got to see/do everything except LIghts, Motors, Action, and Indiana Jones.

Jason had asked me that morning before we left for MGM if had left out the envelope for the Mousekeepers. He was so impressed by the towel animal we received the day before!! :laughing:

Well, yes I did but instead of having a towel animal as a surprise, we had a Magical Moments certificate waiting in our room for us!!

hm104.jpg

hm105.jpg

From the Disney Honeymoon Registry Team!!

Coming up next: Magic Kingdom!!

Karen Your photos are great!! I must say Shane and I found that the place to eat by the backlot tour (I cant remember the name but its RIGHT beside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground had really good food. We both got these chicken ceasar wraps and they were really big, served with chips and dessert. We both liked them so much that we seriously, no joke, came home and made chicken ceasar wraps when we got home. Next time you might try that place out!

:scared1: No way, really?! Now I'm bummed!! We ate nasty greasy food TWICE in MGM because we couldn't find anything better!! Aww darn...well next time I'll know where to look!! Thank you! :)

Jason's steak looked yummy. Ive heard some not great reviews about Mama Melrose but I think ppl continue to go there because of the dinner package. Seemed like it was worth it for those great seats! Ive never seen Fantasmic either (No electrical light parade, no parade at all, and no fantasmic-- haha-- you would think ive never been to Disney!). Can you tell me a little bit about the Narnia attraction? That must be new since we went-- or else we skipped over it. Was it a ride or just a movie? Your thoughts?

Can you tell me a little bit about the Narnia attraction? That must be new since we went-- or else we skipped over it. Was it a ride or just a movie? Your thoughts?

Sure! It's not a ride....it's more like an attraction. You "walk through the wardrobe & into 'Narnia'" with the whole lightpost and trees covered with snow, etc. You're are kind of like..."WHOA" just like the kids on the movie when they saw it for the first time!! :rotfl: You sit down on the carpeted floor and they show a video clip of "behind the scenes with Narnia" and then sometime during the attraction (can't remember when), the "white witch" comes walking out of this ledge above you and she says some things. Then it's over and as you are walking to the exit, you see some props that were used in the movie like the white witches sled and the jackets that the kids were wearing. It's kinda neat but I was not standing in the hour long line to see it..........lol! That's why we waited until later to see it!! :)

Sure! It's not a ride....it's more like an attraction. You "walk through the wardrobe & into 'Narnia'" with the whole lightpost and trees covered with snow, etc. You're are kind of like..."WHOA" just like the kids on the movie when they saw it for the first time!! :rotfl: You sit down on the carpeted floor and they show a video clip of "behind the scenes with Narnia" and then sometime during the attraction (can't remember when), the "white witch" comes walking out of this ledge above you and she says some things. Then it's over and as you are walking to the exit, you see some props that were used in the movie like the white witches sled and the jackets that the kids were wearing. It's kinda neat but I was not standing in the hour long line to see it..........lol! That's why we waited until later to see it!! :)

Wow that sounds so neat. Ive never seen the movie- will have to watch it before we go next trip! Thanks for explaining that.

Your certificate from the Honeymoon team was so cool. What are you doing with it now? We got one of those when we got our boat ride and I havent decided whether to frame it, stick it in a scrapbook, or what. Loving your report karen!

Maggie ~

My DF is astounded at how you can have gone to Disney so many times and never seen a parade ! He says "that is just a crime ! Ask her what's up dog !"

In short...you have to do the parades !!! They aren't typical parades, you get awesome photo ops of the characters, they are all part of the magic. Also if you have never done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, it is a must do. You can sip hot cocoa on Main Street while it snows and Christmas Carols are playing.

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie.....we need to go there at the same time and show you how to appreciate the finer side of Disney. :grouphug:

Maggie ~

My DF is astounded at how you can have gone to Disney so many times and never seen a parade ! He says "that is just a crime ! Ask her what's up dog !"

In short...you have to do the parades !!! They aren't typical parades, you get awesome photo ops of the characters, they are all part of the magic. Also if you have never done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, it is a must do. You can sip hot cocoa on Main Street while it snows and Christmas Carols are playing.

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie.....we need to go there at the same time and show you how to appreciate the finer side of Disney. :grouphug:

I agree-- im totally up for it! I dont know how we constantly miss it. We were at AK and just passing through and caught literally the last float of the parade. Id really like to see the parade at MK (the night one). I saw wishes for my very first time in 2005 along with the thing at Epcot. I have never seen fantasmic though and out of all of them that one seems most appealing to me. Id really like to see it-- let me know when you are going next-- might have to see if we cant hop on board;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter