Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree-- im totally up for it! I dont know how we constantly miss it. We were at AK and just passing through and caught literally the last float of the parade. Id really like to see the parade at MK (the night one). I saw wishes for my very first time in 2005 along with the thing at Epcot. I have never seen fantasmic though and out of all of them that one seems most appealing to me. Id really like to see it-- let me know when you are going next-- might have to see if we cant hop on board;)

We are getting married August 1st. We will be there from 7/30-8/9. I would love to go back during MVMCP this year, but I think the wedding will have tapped out the pocket book and the vacation leave from work. Well, that and we already did a week at Disneyland in February. Fantasmic is my DF's alltime favorite. We catch it at least twice when we are there. The only parade I have successfully missed everytime has been the AK one. I told him we MUST catch it this trip. :woohoo:

Me too...I have never seen the AK parade.

I've also never seen the Stars and Motor Cars parade. Anyone ever seen them before? Are they any good??

Bumping this back up to the top-- I leave for vacation this week so im sure I wont be able to finish this but I will make sure I do when I get back! Cant wait for more :woohoo:

Me too...I have never seen the AK parade.

I've also never seen the Stars and Motor Cars parade. Anyone ever seen them before? Are they any good??

Both of them are pretty fun. THe MGM parade has a LOT of characters which makes it good for pictures. The Animal Kingdom parade is very energetic. I like it. I was actually in it once so it's one of my favorites :)

Karen I have a question for you about the Fantasmic Dinner Package did you get to pick anything on the regular menu or was it a fixed menu with only a couple options? I'm debating about doing the package and wanted to know if there's a different menu. Thanks!

The AK parade is probably the best parade in all of WDW! In addition to the floats with characters, and the cool costumes worn by the characters who walk on the ground, there are animal floats that are hard to describe but they're really great! Maybe I'm biased b/c it's the only parade with my favorite character Brer Rabbit!

Stars and Motor Cars is good as well. There are some of the more rare characters in that parade including the Star Wars characters, Muppets, and others. DH and I raced to catch that one last time we went to MGM. We HATE MGM so the parade was basically the only reason we were going. Agreed the food is terrible there. We always eat at the Hollywood Brown Derby, which also offers a Fantasmic package.

Wow great trip report!! You have got me so excited for our disneymoon in October!!!! Question for ya: our last night ADR is for the Coral Reef.... did you have to call the restaurant and request the personalized menus? I did tell the woman at reservations that it was our honeymoon.... I also plan on calling Coral Reef to request a diver to hold up a sign! I love the Florist basket idea! Can't wait for more!! =) I just hope I can get my DH to wear the groom hat because he's on the shy side!!

Karen I have a question for you about the Fantasmic Dinner Package did you get to pick anything on the regular menu or was it a fixed menu with only a couple options? I'm debating about doing the package and wanted to know if there's a different menu. Thanks!

I believe they gave us the regular menu. It had just as many options on it as the other restaurants did. I believe that at one point, i heard there was a special menu for the fantasmic package, but now they are just using the same menu for everyone! :)

Wow great trip report!! You have got me so excited for our disneymoon in October!!!! Question for ya: our last night ADR is for the Coral Reef.... did you have to call the restaurant and request the personalized menus? I did tell the woman at reservations that it was our honeymoon.... I also plan on calling Coral Reef to request a diver to hold up a sign! I love the Florist basket idea! Can't wait for more!! =) I just hope I can get my DH to wear the groom hat because he's on the shy side!!

I just told the lady when we made our reservations that it was our honeymoon. She put it in the comments so when our reservations were printed for each restaurant, the part about our honeymoon was flagged for them to see. So no, you don't have to call ahead of time, just make sure that when you call to make your ADR's, just tell them (which it looks like you've already done...so you should be all set!). Now the diver thing is cool!! I have never heard that before but that sounds awesome!!! :)

Finally an update!!! :) Sorry about that you guys...this week has been crazy and it's only half way over!!!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - Magic Kingdom

Wednesday was Magic Kingdom day.

hm106.jpg

We decided to use those "free" fastpasses that we were given on Space Mountain.

hm107.jpg

In the meantime, we ran over to Big Thunder Mountain to get a fastpass ... and then we also rode Splash Mountain with our other "free" fastpass!!

hm108.jpg

hm109.jpg

hm124-1.jpg

I just love this ride! It's one of my favorites!! :)

hm110.jpg

Jason took this picture as we were going down the slide...LOL!!

hm111.jpg

hm112.jpg

After we finished in Frontierland, we headed over to Liberty Square and the Haunted Mansion!

I told Jason that since he was married now, he had to go to the gallows...hehe!!!

hm113.jpg

hm114.jpg

A lovely CM took our picture for me!! She said, "Till DEATH do you part"...LOL!

hm116.jpg

hm117.jpg

I was surprised at first to see that the Fast Pass Que had been taken away from Haunted Mansion. However, from our spot in line, the sign said that it would only take 20 minutes to ride....and it was right!! So I guess that the Fast Pass was technically not "necessary" for HM because the wait time isn't that long anyway!! :)

Cont....

...Cont.

:tink: As we were walking down Liberty Square towards Fantasyland, we passed this three man brass band who were walking down the road towards us. As they approached us closer, their tune suddenly changed to, "Here Comes the Bride"!! It was SO CUTE!! :)

Our lunch reservations were for Cinderella's Castle. This was the only lunch reservation that we had for the entire week! The rest were all for supper!! :)

hm118.jpg

I love how they do the package now where you first take a picture with Cinderella and then go upstairs to eat!!! It's so nice! The picture that is inlcuded with your meal is nice also!!

hm119.jpg

:tink: Our table here too was covered in "Cinderella Confetti"!!!

hm120.jpg

This is the 2nd time that I have eaten in Cinderella's Castle. This experience was much better than the first...not that the first was bad.....but this time was FANTASTIC!!!

hm121.jpg

Appetizer tray. Not too sure what all was included but it was SUPER!!

hm122.jpg

Jason had Major Domo's Favorite Pie. IT WAS SO GOOD!! Highly recommended!!!!

hm123.jpg

I had Pork Tenderloin over mashed potatos. ALSO WONDERFUL AND HIGH RECOMMENDED!!!

Jason and I ate half of each other's food!!! :rotfl:

hm124.jpg

Snow White

hm125.jpg

Belle

hm126.jpg

Fairy Godmother

hm127.jpg

Jasmine

hm128.jpg

Dessert was good as well!! A Blueberry muffin covered in lemon custard icecream. Very yummy!!

This is definitely a place we would both like to eat at again!!

:tink: We also received the Cinderella's Royal Table Toasting Glasses as well as a "Magical Moments" certificate (just like the previous one) signed by Cinderella and all of the Princesses. Very lovely!! :)

hm129.jpg

Coming up next...an MK afternoon and a surprise for Jason!! :)

:banana: :banana: GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?? :banana: :banana:

My parent's 30th Anniversary was the week before my wedding so....we didnt' get to "CELEBRATE" much at all!!!

AND a 30th Wedding Anniversary is DEFINITELY something to celebrate!!

SO, I think I pretty much talked my parents into *maybe* coming with Jason and I for a DW trip in DECEMBER!!

The reason I say "maybe" is because Jason is graduating in May and starting a new job in June. He already has a job lined up and everything. I'm not sure if they will give him the first week in December off since he'll only be working for them for about 6 months....so I told him to tell them that he has a trip already planned and paid for and he can't get out of it!! :rotfl: And see what they say. If they say ok, then I will procede with the planning!!!

However, I am STILL EXCITED because that *maybe* means Disney TWICE in one year!! And I've never been that often before!!!!!!! :cloud9: I've also never been at Christmas time and I've ALWAYS wanted to go at Christmas time so I'm double excited about this one!!

And it'll be for my parent's 30th!!! Wooohooo!! I was looking into staying at Pop Centry but also looking at Port Orleans Riverside. My parents are up for either one and I think my mom will really enjoy POR but there is a $600.00 difference between the two. I LOVED POR and don't want to stay anywhere else so I'm gonna work on it and see what I can figure out!!

I LOVE being with my parents and so does Jason so I think this will be a VERY EXCITING trip if it all works out! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!! :banana:

Great update!!! I too love Splash Mountain it is just so much fun. You lunch at CRT looks really good. Can't wait to read more about the rest of your day and to see what the surprise for Jason is.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and her is some pixiedust: for your trip in Dec!!!

Karen I love all of your photos!! You ended up with quite a few magical moments certificates!! I would have scooped off the confetti on every table and stuck it in my pocket! haha- im terrible. I loev the photo Jason took going down the slide at Splash Mountain. I was wondering who took it before I read that. I know I wouldnt be theone taking it-- thats normally the moment that I have my arms wrapped around DH's arms and head stuck so far in his shoulders its not even funny!! Great update!! keep it coming!

:banana: :banana: GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?? :banana: :banana:

My parent's 30th Anniversary was the week before my wedding so....we didnt' get to "CELEBRATE" much at all!!!

AND a 30th Wedding Anniversary is DEFINITELY something to celebrate!!

SO, I think I pretty much talked my parents into *maybe* coming with Jason and I for a DW trip in DECEMBER!!

The reason I say "maybe" is because Jason is graduating in May and starting a new job in June. He already has a job lined up and everything. I'm not sure if they will give him the first week in December off since he'll only be working for them for about 6 months....so I told him to tell them that he has a trip already planned and paid for and he can't get out of it!! :rotfl: And see what they say. If they say ok, then I will procede with the planning!!!

However, I am STILL EXCITED because that *maybe* means Disney TWICE in one year!! And I've never been that often before!!!!!!! :cloud9: I've also never been at Christmas time and I've ALWAYS wanted to go at Christmas time so I'm double excited about this one!!

And it'll be for my parent's 30th!!! Wooohooo!! I was looking into staying at Pop Centry but also looking at Port Orleans Riverside. My parents are up for either one and I think my mom will really enjoy POR but there is a $600.00 difference between the two. I LOVED POR and don't want to stay anywhere else so I'm gonna work on it and see what I can figure out!!

I LOVE being with my parents and so does Jason so I think this will be a VERY EXCITING trip if it all works out! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!! :banana:

What days in December, that's when I'm going on my honeymoon.

Jason should definitely tell them he's already scheduled the vacation when he starts. This has worked at every job I've ever had, and my most recent job actually let me "borrow" vacation hours I didn't have in order to take my vacation!

Also - you may know this - the first week in December is Pop Warner Week, which means *lots* of teens and crowded Value Resorts. Might be a good excuse to book POR. ;)

Love the trip report and all the pix! :)

Karen I love all of your photos!! You ended up with quite a few magical moments certificates!! I would have scooped off the confetti on every table and stuck it in my pocket! haha- im terrible. I loev the photo Jason took going down the slide at Splash Mountain. I was wondering who took it before I read that. I know I wouldnt be theone taking it-- thats normally the moment that I have my arms wrapped around DH's arms and head stuck so far in his shoulders its not even funny!! Great update!! keep it coming!

:rotfl: I did keep ALL of the confetti!!! :) Scrapbooking purposes, you know! Hehe! :)

I too am the one with my head tucked down hanging on to Jason for dear life!!!! :rotfl:

Also - you may know this - the first week in December is Pop Warner Week, which means *lots* of teens and crowded Value Resorts. Might be a good excuse to book POR. ;)

Love the trip report and all the pix! :)

Hmm....so does that mean that the parks are super crowded that first week in December?? Because we could always make the trip December 8-15th. The whole point of going during "value" season was for the "lower crowds". Hmm....I dunno now!!!

I actually looked into Wilderness Lodge for our stay...and it's only a little bit more than POR....so that might be a possibility, too!

So...anyway, we'll see what happens!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter