Dream 9/14/15 4 night

Our first cruise too. From reading threads here on the Dis, it sounds like not many "dress up" for dinner these days. And one person's definition of "dress up" might not be the same to another. I'm planning on bringing button down shirts/polos for the boys and either pants or nicer shorts for the boys and my daughter plans to wear sundresses. (But she likes to dress up). I think almost anything goes as long as it's not a swimsuit.

BTW... Two of our cruise nights are themed - one pirate, the other Halloween. We plan to dress in costume for both. pirate:

Hopefully someone who has cruised DCL will add their two cents.

Ok that was what I was planning as well for both of my kids!! :-) so appreciate the confirmation. Working on the final Halloween costume detail/ordering hopefully everything gets shipped in time!! Just FYI my daughter is ALL about Descendant right now!! So finding Mal stuff when it isn't true Halloween season has been FUN!! :-) oh and we got our Mickey Mail through our AAA agent on Saturday!

3 Weeks Away!!

Ok that was what I was planning as well for both of my kids!! :-) so appreciate the confirmation. Working on the final Halloween costume detail/ordering hopefully everything gets shipped in time!! Just FYI my daughter is ALL about Descendant right now!! So finding Mal stuff when it isn't true Halloween season has been FUN!! :-) oh and we got our Mickey Mail through our AAA agent on Saturday!

3 Weeks Away!!

Hi... My daughter loved that movie too! Did you see the clothing line at Kohl's? Maybe you'll find something there?
http://mobile.kohls.com/catalog/gir...+4294708485+4294732649&itemsPerPageFromURL=60

How old is your daughter? My daughter also really enjoyed reading the "Kingdom Keepers" series. She's very excited to see the the "Villains Tonight" show while onboard.

3 weeks!

Question for every/anyone. Is anyone buying the full picture package? I can't decide if its worth the price to just get all the pics and not have to worry about picking and choosing. I have a nice camera, but sometimes I just don't want to bother with it. Seems expensive, but are there a lot of photographers walking around to make it worth it?

Anyone have any experience with the picture service?

Thanks!

3 weeks!

Question for every/anyone. Is anyone buying the full picture package? I can't decide if its worth the price to just get all the pics and not have to worry about picking and choosing. I have a nice camera, but sometimes I just don't want to bother with it. Seems expensive, but are there a lot of photographers walking around to make it worth it?

Thanks!

In the past we have bought the "digital package" on board the last day.. Normally, we have done the 10 pack - they give you a disc with all of your pictures on it and then when you get home and relax - you get to choose which digital images you want..

I will say it depends on your cruise style.. 2 cruises ago - we had a hard time picking 10 pictures. They are not photoshopped - just have a border around some of them.. If you plan on taking a lot of pictures then I would invest in the full package..

[QUOTE Just FYI my daughter is ALL about Descendant right now!! So finding Mal stuff when it isn't true Halloween season has been FUN!![/QUOTE]

My 4 year old LOVES this movie too.. It has been hard finding ANYTHING that is 4 year old, since most of the clothes are aimed for the 7-14 range.. Oh the life of a Disney Mom.. HAHA

We can't wait for the cruise.. My husband's job just approved his vacation last week for the cruise!! YAY! :yay:

3 Weeks Away as of tomorrow!! :sail::sail::sail::sail:

[QUOTE Just FYI my daughter is ALL about Descendant right now!! So finding Mal stuff when it isn't true Halloween season has been FUN!![/QUOTE]

My 4 year old LOVES this movie too.. It has been hard finding ANYTHING that is 4 year old, since most of the clothes are aimed for the 7-14 range.. Oh the life of a Disney Mom.. HAHA

We can't wait for the cruise.. My husband's job just approved his vacation last week for the cruise!! YAY! :yay:

3 Weeks Away as of tomorrow!! :sail::sail::sail::sail:[/QUOTE]

-we ended up finding the Mal costume on amazon but then walked into Toys r us the next day and found them there too. what is the link to find out more about the photo packages?

3 weeks!

Thanks!
I bought it!

Oh thank you, ok just curious do you know is the price the same if you purchase before the cruise or after you see if the pictures are worth getting the whole package?

I believe if you purchase the photo package before the cruise there is a discount.. :)

we too have not received any mickey mail :-(
Just finished making our FE, ummm yeah should have just bought one off of etsy but was feeling crafty.... well not perfect but it will do!! :-) I don't know who is more geeked up for the cruise me or my kids!! 3 weeks left!! and yes I too have started packing!!

Dizmom6 would you be will to send out the updated FE list because i know there have been some changes. Thank you.

Hey Karen6th! I've been updating the initial list I put out as changes were posted. If you know of any changes that I may have missed, let me know. I'm certainly not beyond making mistakes. The list (I believe it's on pp 12?) should be up to date.

I'm so very excited!

Sidenote.....I still haven't gotten any Mickey Mail. My saddness is great.

Can we talk swimsuits for a moment? I have this swimsuit from Victoria's Secret: https://www.victoriassecret.com/swi...ecret-swim?ProductID=205480&CatalogueType=OLS

And I'm concerned the cleveage might be a little much for the Disney crowd, but my husband thinks I'm overthinking things. I can't find a suit I like/is as comfortable as this one (I have a long torso so most are too short). What do you guys think?

Can we talk swimsuits for a moment? I have this swimsuit from Victoria's Secret: https://www.victoriassecret.com/swi...ecret-swim?ProductID=205480&CatalogueType=OLS

And I'm concerned the cleveage might be a little much for the Disney crowd, but my husband thinks I'm overthinking things. I can't find a suit I like/is as comfortable as this one (I have a long torso so most are too short). What do you guys think?

I think it's fine. I like that a lot personally, especially as a fellow long-torso'er, but I have to have an underwire. This is the top I'll likely be wearing:

http://www.amazon.com/Freya-Womens-Plunge-Underwire-Bikini/dp/B007BLCF54

Apparently even thongs are not unheard of. (I won't rehash the usual debate this brings up, just mentioning it to assure you you'll be fine/not out of place. Keep in mind it's not strictly midwesterners on these cruises, there are international guests too.)

I think it's fine. I like that a lot personally, especially as a fellow long-torso'er, but I have to have an underwire. This is the top I'll likely be wearing:

http://www.amazon.com/Freya-Womens-Plunge-Underwire-Bikini/dp/B007BLCF54

Apparently even thongs are not unheard of. (I won't rehash the usual debate this brings up, just mentioning it to assure you you'll be fine/not out of place. Keep in mind it's not strictly midwesterners on these cruises, there are international guests too.)

Thank so much for making me feel better! That top looks awesome. Very supportive for the ladies.

Love both suits!

I'm all packed! I ironed everything on Sunday and it is in the luggage and ready to go!
Even though we will have a washer/dryer in our room at Disney, I packed separate clothes for Disney and the cruise.
This way, if I wore something I was also going to wear on the cruise, I would have to iron it again.
I'm all set and could leave tomorrow but unfortunately, I have to wait until September 10 LOL
Two weeks from tomorrow!!
Is anyone else packed? Even when my family comes with me, I'm usually packed 1-4 weeks in advance :)
Now I can just relax. I've made my hair touch up appointment, need to do mani/pedi and think I'm all good.

Last edited:
Love both suits!

I'm all packed! I ironed everything on Sunday and it is in the luggage and ready to go!
Even though we will have a washer/dryer in our room at Disney, I packed separate clothes for Disney and the cruise.
This way, if I wore something I was also going to wear on the cruise, I would have to iron it again.
I'm all set and could leave tomorrow but unfortunately, I have to wait until September 10 LOL
Two weeks from tomorrow!!
Is anyone else packed? Even when my family comes with me, I'm usually packed 1-4 weeks in advance :)
Now I can just relax. I've made my hair touch up appointment, need to do mani/pedi and think I'm all good.

I will be packing on the 8th....we leave in the wee hours of the morn on the 9th. If I pack now, we'll all run around naked for the next 10 days or so. Well, maybe not naked. I'm sure there's a winter coat and an extra sock with a hole in the big toe area lying around the house somewhere.

Don't get me wrong...I've started to pack some items but to be packed completely this early? :worship:Consider me amazed.

I will be packing on the 8th....we leave in the wee hours of the morn on the 9th. If I pack now, we'll all run around naked for the next 10 days or so. Well, maybe not naked. I'm sure there's a winter coat and an extra sock with a hole in the big toe area lying around the house somewhere.

Don't get me wrong...I've started to pack some items but to be packed completely this early? :worship:Consider me amazed.

Same here. I have started to put things together for costumes, toiletries, etc. But as for packing clothes, that will be the day before we leave. I feel like I'm always doing laundry, yet someone is asking "mom, have you washed my..." :laundy:

So, 2 weeks from today I will be packing!!! And I can't wait! :dogdance:

I realized I have a suitcase full of just random stuff like FE stuff, all the many tips of things people said to bring, pirate stuff, door stuff... JUST CRAZY how much STUFF one can bring!!!! Not complaining, I'm EXCITED!!! I think i am driving others GOOFY because everything I feel like I talk about ends up back to our trip! AWE!! two weeks away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter