Dragging a grumpy DH back to the World ~ Single Digits!!

I hope everything works out with your iPod!! Mine break on me allllll the time... but I still can't live without 'em!

Thanks! I know a lot of people who've had issues w/ theirs too, but I'm like you -- I'm obsessed!

Tell me about it...they're both gonna be closed when I'm there. :sad1: The TTA (I still call it the people mover) is one of my favs!

Aw, that is such a bummer! It's so funny how TTA has a cult-like following. I've seen where people are more upset w/ it being closed that SM. Btw, we still call it the PeopleMover too!

I've read a lot about Tour Guide Mike and all of his wonderful advice his site has offered to many DISers. I was always curious to see if a subscription really was worth it, or if it was just commonsense that many Disney veterans already knew. Normally, we've gone during value season and the crowd levels have been quite manageable. Since this is our first trip in the summer, and I've heard mixed reviews about crowd levels I figured why not give it a try. I bit the bullet and decided to subscribe. I know the park hours have not been released yet, but I figured I could spend a lot of time getting acclimated to the site and read all those great articles he has -- there are A LOT. I'm still undecided as to whether I think the information will be useful, as its a lot of stuff I already knew. I've enjoyed lurking in the forums on there, and I think the touring plans will be worth it. But now, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just bought the Unofficial Guide book instead and used their website. I know I don't probably need either one, but I always appreciate a few extra pointers that will help alleviate wait times - especially if it does wind up being crowded. It's always nice to be prepared to fight the masses!

I've been on fare watch for a decent airfare since we booked the hotel. Unfortunately, it's still pretty early and I have yet to really see any good deals under $200. I'm listing what I've found so far:

Indianapolis to Orlando

Expedia = $186.20/per person on AirTran

I don't really mind flying on AirTran. We used them on our trip in October and had no problems. Well, actually they changed our itinerary at least five times but it always worked in our favor (we were changed to a nonstop flight that arrived a lot earlier -- like we originally wanted).

I prefer Southwest though. I like that you don't have to pay extra for luggage and the seating really doesn't bother me either. Now, I just wish I knew when they would release their late August fares. :hourglass

Ooh, I also got the planning DVD in the mail yesterday. I didn't request one, so I maybe they send them to everyone who books?? Either way, I'll still watch it b/c it's about Disney. If only they could send me a copy of the "Top 7" w/ Stacy. That would be awesome! I guess I'll just be happy to watch it on YouTube instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_7yLlRzeM.

"Look at all those lazy people in the lazy river!" :lmao:

I love Stacey!! She truly gets me in the Disney spirit!

Google actually has the entire video up here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3565027122658478429

It's not the best quality, but it still makes me smile.

It's all Wham!!:thumbsup2

I had quite the time looking for airfares... the best ones I found were on Priceline, and after that was Expedia for about $20 a ticket more. We've always used Expedia in the past, so I've got my fingers crossed that Priceline is okay!

I have a subscription to touringplans.com but not TGM. I really only use the best days calendar, so I went with the cheaper website. I'm interested to hear your opinions of TGM as your planning continues!

I love Stacey!! She truly gets me in the Disney spirit!

Google actually has the entire video up here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3565027122658478429

It's not the best quality, but it still makes me smile.

It's all Wham!!:thumbsup2

I had quite the time looking for airfares... the best ones I found were on Priceline, and after that was Expedia for about $20 a ticket more. We've always used Expedia in the past, so I've got my fingers crossed that Priceline is okay!

I have a subscription to touringplans.com but not TGM. I really only use the best days calendar, so I went with the cheaper website. I'm interested to hear your opinions of TGM as your planning continues!

Yay, another Stacy fan!! Thanks for the video link, that is awesome!! Stacy is the first thing I have to watch as soon as we get into the room. Everyone in my family (including DH) thinks she's creepy. Whatever, they just don't get it.

I've never used Priceline for airfare, but now I'm going to take a look to see what kind of prices I could get. I'm really hoping I can find something under $175, which shouldn't be too difficult b/c I always see deals for $145 on Travelocity. I'm hoping SWA has a Ding fare sometime.

I probably should've signed up for touringplans.com, but I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about over TGM. It's been interesting so far.

I realized that I failed to introduce the rest of my family. Besides Aaron and myself, we have two very sweet, and very crazy kitties.

Bogart
We got her from Aaron's friend. His cat had kittens and we first got to see them when they were just about 1 day old. It was love at first sight! Aaron hated cats and really didn't want one. But, of course that didn't stop me. He has fallen in love w/ her and wouldn't give her up for the world. Bogart is a very sweet (but also grumpy) cat who loves to cuddle, loves to knock anything off of a table with her paws and really loves playing with mice.

Here's a pic of her trying to check out DIS:
0113092038-1.jpg

Bogart.jpg

Linus
He was a rescue cat from the local shelter. He came from a cat lady who had about 50 cats seized from her house. I was worried how he would fit in in Bogart, but the transition wasn't too bad. Linus is a very funny cat. He loves to eat bread sticks, drink from the toilet, talks to everyone and play with his favorite pink mouse. He was named after Humphrey Bogart's character in Sabrina, in case you were wondering.

Here's a pic of him being grouchy:
Linus-1.jpg

Linus-2.jpg

And here's a pic that depicts just about everyday at our house (the cats all over me, not me just sitting on the couch w/ nothing to do...although, that does happen more than it should):
cats.jpg

Woo-hoo! I just realized that we moved into the six month range!!!

Unfortunately, we still have 208 more days to go. WDW is sounding mighty good right now, especially since we're currently under a winter storm warning. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Haha love the pics of the cats. They are adorable.

I LOVE Stacey! There are so many people who can't stand her, but that's all we watch whenever we're back at the room. :)

Haha love the pics of the cats. They are adorable.

I LOVE Stacey! There are so many people who can't stand her, but that's all we watch whenever we're back at the room. :)

Thanks! They are definitely...special. ;)

DH is one of those people who can't stand her. She creeps him out for some reason. :confused3 Or, maybe it's me who creeps him out when I start quoting her. I'm not really sure. Ha!

Oh, your kitties are SO SO cute!! I just love cats, but can't have them because of allergies.:sad1: They are so darling though!

And add me to the list of people who love to watch Stacey!:rotfl2:

We're still under a winter storm warning. It hasn't been too bad, up until now. We got about 4-5" on snow last night. It's the pretty, fluffly kind of snow! Unfortunately, it just started sleeting and now everything is getting icy...great! The last time we had ice, both of my grandparents fell and hurt themselves. :sad1: They're okay now, but it was awful at the time. I hope the sleet turns back to snow. I can deal with snow.

I took some pictures of what's been going on. They're kind of crappy quality, I took them w/ my cell.

What it looked like outside my office window this morning - very pretty!
downsized_0127090800.jpg

downsized_0127090759.jpg

It was deeper than I thought.
0127091527.jpg

Yep, that's quite a bit of snow.
0127091526.jpg

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

I just heard about this website on the radio this morning. The local station was interviewing someone who works for Trip Advisor and she suggested it. It tracks airfares for most of the airlines (kind of like Kayak) and lets you know where the best deals can be found. I haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, as I'm always skeptical of giving my email out. But, it looks like a promising way to keep an eye out for low airfare [crosses fingers].

I plugged in our travel dates and so far, the cheapest fare is still the AirTran one. So, we'll see what happens.'

http://www.yapta.com

I just found this one on a transportation thread. It looks similar. It sounds like the same type of deal as the other site.

It shows AirTran for $179.20 as the cheapest option.

Hell has officially frozen over! The university I work for is closed until noon (at least) today!!! :cool1: They said they'll make another assessment later this morning to determine if it will be closed all day. Lets hope so!! :goodvibes I'll post more pictures today of all the wintery goodness.

Oh, your kitties are SO SO cute!! I just love cats, but can't have them because of allergies.:sad1: They are so darling though!

And add me to the list of people who love to watch Stacey!:rotfl2:

Thanks! You know, I'm actually allergic to cats too. :upsidedow They don't bother me nearly as bad as they used to. I started allergy shots last summer.

Okay, I have to ask. Do you guys have any favorite Stacey quotes? Mine is definitely, "Look at all those lazy people in the lazy river." Haha, I'm officially a dork.

KIRSTEN!!!! I just found this in your siggy!!!!! you crack me up! I'm entertanined by this PTR! Love it.

KIRSTEN!!!! I just found this in your siggy!!!!! you crack me up! I'm entertanined by this PTR! Love it.

Hey Lynn! Welcome!!! I've been so neglectful the past few days on updating this. Although, we still have such a long time until our 90 day window opens all I can talk about is random stuff (which I'm really good at!!). Thanks for coming and checking it out!! :) Btw, I love your pic in your siggy. You guys are too cute!!

Thank ya hunnie! So are you guys!

Yeah when you get to your 90 day window you will be planning like crazy and be so excited!!! It hits ya then!

Well...it died - my evil iPod from hell that is. It's officially poo. Unfortunately the warranty was up (it was 30 days) and I had to replace it. Well, I didn't have to b/c I don't actually NEED an iPod. Although, I really think I may need one b/c it really encourages me to workout. Sad, isn't it? There is just something about listening to Keith Urban and Aerosmith that makes me want to work up a sweat. I wound up getting this:

ipod.jpg

It's a 16GB nano and I love it -- especially since it's pink (which is my signature color)! I made sure to get a two year warranty on it...just in case. I know I probably don't need a two year warranty, but I'm now officially paranoid thanks to my first experience w/ an iPod. I just seem to repel technology!

Moral of the story -- do not go cheap and by a recertified product. It rarely is a good idea!

OOOH I love the PINK Ipod!!! Awesome!!!! I have the little light blue nano when the ones that came out in 07. Then is 08 they came out with the hot pink. oh well.

Thank ya hunnie! So are you guys!

Yeah when you get to your 90 day window you will be planning like crazy and be so excited!!! It hits ya then!

Thanks! Yeah, we only have about 164 days left...ugh, that seems like FOREVER!!! I'm still debating on whether or not we'll do the DDP. DH is such a picky eater so I don't know if he'd like any of the TS restaurants. Crazy. I know, right? He's an odd one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter