Dragging a grumpy DH back to the World ~ Single Digits!!

OOOH I love the PINK Ipod!!! Awesome!!!! I have the little light blue nano when the ones that came out in 07. Then is 08 they came out with the hot pink. oh well.

Don't you hate when they don't come out w/ the colors all at once? Boo!

I'm so sad, I even bought matching pink headphones. The guy at Best Buy was trying to sell me the better, more expensive ones and I told him, "No, I have to have the pink ones. I don't care how they sound as long as they are pink." Ha, you should have seen his face!!

My name is Kirsten, and I'm a pinaholic. I had my first pin trading experience in December 2007 and it opened the gates to this crazy world where you just can't get enough pins! Ha, yes I'm a dork - but really, it's so addictive!! Thankfully, Aaron is an enabler and support my habit wholeheartedly. Just tonight he was so excited because he just won three pins on eBay to give me for Valentine's Day! Woo-hoo!!

I collect several different types: Haunted Mansion, monorail, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Splash Mountain, MVMCP and pretty much anything else that strikes my fancy. Here are my current holy grail pins (Aaron got me the dynamite one, and I won the tightrope one off eBay). :thumbsup2

HMtxt.jpg
HM2txt.jpg

My name on pinpics is the same as DIS (WDWRocksMySocks). I don't have a lot, but the collection is growing.

I'm trying to debate on how many I should take w/ us in August. I already have about ten, but need at least 40 more. I took about 50 with me in October. My sister thought I was nuts, but I used them all and even bought more to trade while we were down there. See, I told you I'm an addict!

I figured I'd post a picture of how I display my pins (for now at least). My sister helped me make a board that was inspired by the pin cards. I bought a giant piece of cork board material. I traced out the ears using plastic bowls and traced the head using a plate (yes, I'm very scientific). We cut it out using a box cutter and an Exacto knife (the box cutter worked MUCH better). I then used heavy duty spray paint and covered it with black felt material. I think it turned out really well! I'll have to take a better picture of it with my camera. I was lazy and just used my cell phone.

0203092132.jpg

Love the pink Nano. My parents gave me a first generation Nano for Christmas in 2006. It really does help with the work outs. I totally understand.

Love the pink Nano. My parents gave me a first generation Nano for Christmas in 2006. It really does help with the work outs. I totally understand.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone thinking that. Some of my friends thought I was crazy. I just found that listening to my favorite songs really distracts me from wanting to stop my workout before I really should. I need all the help I can get. I'm so unmotivated right now. The bitterly cold weather zaps the energy out of me.

You are definitely not alone. The only way I can force myself to work out is if I have music. I have very specific workout playlists and without them, I am completely unmotivated.

Love your pin board! It's so cute how it mimics the real pin cards.:goodvibes

Cold weather does not help AT ALL.:sad2:

I always have to do some sort of reward system. One successful system to jump start working out again was to reward myself with a song for each work out I did for the first two weeks. I was shooting for 3 a week. Then I did something like every other work out. And then once a week. And at the end of the month or 6 weeks or something, a whole new CD if I did every work out that I wanted to do. It was a good system because I really enjoyed listening to the new songs on my workouts. Oh. And you can ONLY listen to your new songs when you work out.

Lurker here, LOVING this PTR!! I can totally sympathize with the anti-Disney DH. When I saw the 4 / 3 deal I was soooooooo excited and I begged my husband to go with me, and he said, "I would rather save my money to go to a REAL place." So, I convinced my mom and two sisters to join me in the World instead. But someday, I will get the DH there. He loves animals, so I think I could tempt him with the AKL. :thumbsup2

You are definitely not alone. The only way I can force myself to work out is if I have music. I have very specific workout playlists and without them, I am completely unmotivated.

Love your pin board! It's so cute how it mimics the real pin cards.:goodvibes

Isn't it funny how music can really just put you in the mood to work-out harder and longer? I even occasionally find myself shakin' my booty on the elliptical. I'm sure I'm going to fall off one of these days!

Thanks! I love when people come over to our house - I force them to look at it. I don't care if they want to or not, I make them look! Ha, I'm a great hostess! :thumbsup2

Cold weather does not help AT ALL.:sad2:

I always have to do some sort of reward system. One successful system to jump start working out again was to reward myself with a song for each work out I did for the first two weeks. I was shooting for 3 a week. Then I did something like every other work out. And then once a week. And at the end of the month or 6 weeks or something, a whole new CD if I did every work out that I wanted to do. It was a good system because I really enjoyed listening to the new songs on my workouts. Oh. And you can ONLY listen to your new songs when you work out.

You are SO right!! I workout w/ Aaron, and if it's below 20 we convince ourselves it's too cold to workout. Ha, we're such bums!

I love your idea of a reward system! I think that would really help me, as I really do like instant gratification (yes, I'll admit it!). Hmmm...now I'm going to have to figure out what my reward could be. I'll get back to you on that.

Lurker here, LOVING this PTR!! I can totally sympathize with the anti-Disney DH. When I saw the 4 / 3 deal I was soooooooo excited and I begged my husband to go with me, and he said, "I would rather save my money to go to a REAL place." So, I convinced my mom and two sisters to join me in the World instead. But someday, I will get the DH there. He loves animals, so I think I could tempt him with the AKL. :thumbsup2

:welcome:

I lurk on so many PTR and TR too!

Ugh, isn't it "fun" to have a Disney-hating DH? :sad2: I'm so happy you were able to use the great deal w/ your sisters and your mom to go . You'll still have a blast! My sister and I went in October and it was so fun having a girls trip. Although, it is a lot more special when you go w/ DH. You need to woo him with one of the tours, like the backstage safari tours. That would be so much fun!!: I'll cross my fingers for you. Ooh, and maybe you could get a 40% code to further convince him - it worked for us!! goodvibes

It is 197 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 11 seconds until Sunday, August 23, 2009 until WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to post it. I'm just so elated we're finally below 200 days! I'm just so easily excited. :rotfl:

I've set a goal for our upcoming trip. I want to lose 30 lbs by August 23rd. It's very attainable and I KNOW I can do it. My biggest problem with weight stems from my love of eating CRAP. No, not actual crap...but the high calorie, high fat food that is easy to obtain. I love the ease of eating out. My love of fast food has been a hard habit to break. My Dad used to joke about building a drive-threw window in our kitchen for me. So, obviously, my fast food roots run deep -- too deep. It wasn't too bad when I was a teenager b/c it never caught up w/ me. Unfortunately, all those White Castle burgers are definitely starting to take their toll. BOO!!!

I decided that the easiest way for me to become a better eater, and lose weight is to track my calorie intake. I hope this will encourage me to eat smaller portions and not so much fatty food. I found a great tracker to help me with my progress:

http://caloriecount.about.com/

According to this, I need to consume about 1700 calories to lose my weight by August. That really doesn't sound like that big of a sacrifice, but for some one who is used to eating out A LOT and eating a lot of bad things...it's HARD! It's not that I don't enjoy a homecooked meal, fruits, or vegetables - I just LOVE convenience. As I right this, I realizing just how sad and spoiled I sound. That's okay. I've realized where my weakness is, and I am determined to change!!! ::yes::

quarterpounder.jpg

Each week, I plan to track my progress on here. Hopefully, I can stay away from the evil grease empire. Wish me luck!!

I definitely wish you well on your calorie counting extravaganza!!!

I KNOW how hard it is to break the fast food habit. And when DS starts talking about how HE would really like to eat this or that, it makes it doubly hard to resist!

I would encourage you to plan hamburgers at home in your meal rotation. One of the hardest things about maintaining a new eating plan is when we cut out our very favorite food. Hamburgers aren't wonderful, but what is WORSE is all the fries and what not that goes with it. Use your calorie counter to figure out a decent hamburger meal that doesn't break the bank, so to speak. That will help with feeling deprived as you try to cut back on calories.

The other thing that I would recommend is to take some time to make food easy to eat. We were on a kick there where we were having burgers on Friday nights (to kick that fast food habit). I let DS have chips, but I made a potato salad for DH and I. I had so many recipes that I had wanted to try. It was less calories than fries and so much healthier. I made Chipotle Potato Salad, so good, with a spicy vinagrette dressing and southwest inspired ingredients. I made a tropical herb potato salad. Anyway, my POINT is that it was so easy to just make a sandwich or something simple and have a super yummy tasty side salad to go with it already made for the weekend.:thumbsup2

I'm rooting for you and 30 pounds!:cheer2: My ultimate goal is 50. I haven't quantified a goal before Disney yet.:scratchin

I definitely wish you well on your calorie counting extravaganza!!!

I KNOW how hard it is to break the fast food habit. And when DS starts talking about how HE would really like to eat this or that, it makes it doubly hard to resist!

I would encourage you to plan hamburgers at home in your meal rotation. One of the hardest things about maintaining a new eating plan is when we cut out our very favorite food. Hamburgers aren't wonderful, but what is WORSE is all the fries and what not that goes with it. Use your calorie counter to figure out a decent hamburger meal that doesn't break the bank, so to speak. That will help with feeling deprived as you try to cut back on calories.

The other thing that I would recommend is to take some time to make food easy to eat. We were on a kick there where we were having burgers on Friday nights (to kick that fast food habit). I let DS have chips, but I made a potato salad for DH and I. I had so many recipes that I had wanted to try. It was less calories than fries and so much healthier. I made Chipotle Potato Salad, so good, with a spicy vinagrette dressing and southwest inspired ingredients. I made a tropical herb potato salad. Anyway, my POINT is that it was so easy to just make a sandwich or something simple and have a super yummy tasty side salad to go with it already made for the weekend.:thumbsup2

I'm rooting for you and 30 pounds!:cheer2: My ultimate goal is 50. I haven't quantified a goal before Disney yet.:scratchin

:thanks:

A lot of my family lives close by and they LOVE to eat out. So, of course I get sucked into their evil web b/c they make it sound so tempting. I need willpower!

You know what's funny, I only really like White Castle hamburgers. Those little things are SO yummy! But, I really LOVE fries and cheese sticks. Mmm, so good - especially w/ cheese! I used to love getting the Aussie Cheese Fries from Outback, and then Aaron came across this article:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html.

According to that, those stupid things have about 2900 calories in them! :crazy2: I guess I'm not surprised, but I liked being delusional and thinking they weren't that bad. I really need to take your suggestion, and come up w/ healthier side items. I love salads, so I think I might start pre-making them so then I can just grab one and go. I was also thinking about doing a fruit salad, or just plain fruit. That way, I can get something that's a bit sweeter too!

Thanks for the support! It's always really nice to have others around to help motivate you in something like this.

Woo-hoo, this is my 2,000 post! So exciting, I know.

I decided I'd share some old pics from WDW trips that I've taken in the past.

December 2007
n6852884_43998344_2594.jpg

With my nephews in January 2007
n6852884_43998159_9871.jpg

Apparently, I'm too big for the stroller...bummer.
n6852884_43998169_3008.jpg

I just love the facial expressions in this one.
n6852884_43998171_3620.jpg

Proof that I was able to get Juliet on the bus before 9am! Not an easy fete.
n6852884_47122286_2214.jpg

I LOVE your picture of the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas!! It must be so magical to go there for the holidays. Do they have Christmas trees in the rooms, though? I don't know if I could do without a Christmas tree . . .

I totally sympathize about the fast food addiction. Although, for me, it's NOT about the convenience. It is really about the taste. I LOVE that fake grill taste on the Burger King hamburgers, they are my favorite. And the greasy, salty, french fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I am getting hungry just writing this!

That reminds me: which restaurant do you think has the best burger in WDW?

Love the pics. I have the same one with my mom and I in the wooden thing (what are those called?:rotfl2: ). It's a great photo op!:goodvibes

Good luck with your weight goal! Although I have to say, in your pictures I think you look great!:grouphug: But I get the health thing, so I wish you the best.:)

I LOVE your picture of the Magic Kingdom all decked out for Christmas!! It must be so magical to go there for the holidays. Do they have Christmas trees in the rooms, though? I don't know if I could do without a Christmas tree . . .

I totally sympathize about the fast food addiction. Although, for me, it's NOT about the convenience. It is really about the taste. I LOVE that fake grill taste on the Burger King hamburgers, they are my favorite. And the greasy, salty, french fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I am getting hungry just writing this!

That reminds me: which restaurant do you think has the best burger in WDW?

The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year to go!! It's extra magical. The decorations are amazing and the atmosphere can't be beat! We actually bought a tiny Christmas tree to put in our window. We went the second week of December, so the crowds weren't bad and we still got to celebrate Christmas at home (a must for me). You MUST try to go to WDW at least once during Christmas. It's AMAZING!!!!!!

Oooh, I love that fake grill taste too! It's so good, and the smell is even better. And the fries....YUM! I was just looking at how many calories were in a medium order of fries at Wendy's -- 490! :eek: Needless to say, I won't be eating those for awhile. DARN IT!

My favorite burger at WDW has to be at Peco Bill's or Cosmic Ray's. I love they way they taste and I load up on the cheese sauce and all the other fixings from the toppings bar. Man, I love those topping bars!!!!

Love the pics. I have the same one with my mom and I in the wooden thing (what are those called?:rotfl2: ). It's a great photo op!:goodvibes

Good luck with your weight goal! Although I have to say, in your pictures I think you look great!:grouphug: But I get the health thing, so I wish you the best.:)

I think they are called stocks, or something like that. I love taking pictures there - especially when we hoisted my little nephew up. It was a great picture op!

Thanks!! My BMI is classified as the upper side of normal weight. However, I just feel BLAH and I really want to look good in a two piece! I just feel icky, so I'm hoping to tone up and look good when summer rolls around. So far, it's been going quite well. It's still the first week of it, but I'm hopeful I can do it!! :goodvibes

51cP4FDQoAL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I keep eyeing this book whenever I'm at Barnes & Noble. I realize I probably don't really need to buy it, seeing as I have DIS and already subscribed to TourGuide Mike. But, I just love reading it! It has a lot of helpful information and it makes for great bathroom reading! :rotfl: Yeah, that was probably TMI. I'm really starting to wish that I purchased this book instead of getting subscription to TGM. To TGM's defense, I have not looked at the site a lot as it's not particularly useful until the park hours are released. There is TONS of articles on that site that are helpful. But, it is a lot of information I already knew. I'm still holding out a complete judgment until I see my complete touring plans and put them to use during our trip. Then I'll be able to give a full review of TGM. I still think I may breakdown and buy the UG. Amazon has it for a little less that $11.

Weekly Weight Loss: 2 lbs :thumbsup2
Total Weight Loss: 2 lbs
Days Spent Exercising: 4 :banana:

I think I've been doing really well, thus far. I've been really trying to stick to eating healthier options and staying away from that evil greasy stuff. I didn't have fast food all week, well I had Subway Saturday (if that counts). I did splurge Saturday. Aaron and I went to Red Lobster and I over indulged on biscuits. BUT...I only went over my daily calorie intake by about 200 which isn't bad for splurging!

I've been really trying to limit how much pop I drink as well. I've been able to stick to 12 oz of Dr. Pepper per day. I think that's pretty good -- especially since I LOOOOOVE Dr. Pepper. I'm drinking about 5-6 bottles of water a day, which equals out to about 85-100 oz a day. Based on information I found online at the Mayo Clinic, I'm definitely meeting the recommended dietary water intake. :thumbsup2

I'm going strong! I just hope I can stay on the wagon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter