• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dragging a grumpy DH back to the World ~ Single Digits!!

that is Awesome about your december trip. I vote to go during your birthday to get the GC and you get to wear that snazzy birthday pin. Speaking of pins~ your pin collection looks great. I need to get some more for the kids before we leave. They only have 3 each right now :(

that is Awesome about your december trip. I vote to go during your birthday to get the GC and you get to wear that snazzy birthday pin. Speaking of pins~ your pin collection looks great. I need to get some more for the kids before we leave. They only have 3 each right now :(

Yeah, I agree w/ you -- I want to go during my birthday. I'll make it my birthday week! :rotfl: I'd love to get the gift card, wear the pin AND make a fancy birthday shirt! Perhaps I'll get that birthday hat I've seen in some of the gift shops to complete the ensemble. Oh yes, that would be fabulous...not to mention H-O-T! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, you should get them a few more at least. Although, watch out...you might be creating little pin trading monsters. I swear, pin trading is like crack -- once you start you just can't stop. Wait, that sounds bad. Just to clarify, I HAVE NOT DONE CRACK!

I think I need to have more DIS friends on Facebook and in real life -- well, I mean in person real life (does that make sense?). All my friends don't get why I'm planning another trip when I haven't even gone on the first one yet. Psh, they simply don't understand...SAD! I posted my status as, "Kirsten is now planning TWO WDW trips!" None of my non-Disney friends truly understand it. In fact, I'd say they probably think I'm certifiable. Perhaps I am, but I don't care -- I'm going to WDW twice this year!!!!! Those crazy people just don't get the Disney bug. Oh well, if they did that would just mean more people to clog the parks up and we don't want that...right? :laughing:

None of my friends get my WDW addiction either! My family loves WDW but not nearly as much as I do.

I tried to be your FB friend, but it couldn't find you based on your email addy. :guilty:

YAY for planning another trip and I also just noticed you upgraded to the Wilderness Lodge Villas, that is awesome! Maybe we will see you there! :laughing:

PS, I have a facebook page if you want another Disney friend. :)

None of my friends get my WDW addiction either! My family loves WDW but not nearly as much as I do.

Boo!! What is wrong with these people?! :lmao: At least your family enjoys WDW, though. Mine does too. I'm definitely more obsessed over it, too. My family used to go every spring break so they're the reason for the obsession. I blame them. :laughing:

I tried to be your FB friend, but it couldn't find you based on your email addy. :guilty:

Aw, sad! Send me a PM with your email address or full name and I'll find you. I set my FB account so no one could find me. I had the incident w/ this crazy, stalker type guy...CREEPY!!!

YAY for planning another trip and I also just noticed you upgraded to the Wilderness Lodge Villas, that is awesome! Maybe we will see you there! :laughing:

PS, I have a facebook page if you want another Disney friend. :)

Our dates overlap for a few days. We should plan a mini-DIS meet or something. How cool would that be? If you see a very tall (I'm 6') woman w/ a grumpy looking husband you know that's me! :rotfl:

Yay, another Disney FB friend! PM me w/ your email address and I'll add you. :thumbsup2

No, they haven't been released...yet. BUT, today is the last day of April so hopefully the good people over at Disney who update the hours aren't slacking off tomorrow. I've been (not so) patiently waiting for them to be released since January! COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

No, they haven't been released...yet. BUT, today is the last day of April so hopefully the good people over at Disney who update the hours aren't slacking off tomorrow. I've been (not so) patiently waiting for them to be released since January! COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Hope they are released for you! :surfweb:

Yeah, I agree w/ you -- I want to go during my birthday. I'll make it my birthday week! :rotfl: I'd love to get the gift card, wear the pin AND make a fancy birthday shirt! Perhaps I'll get that birthday hat I've seen in some of the gift shops to complete the ensemble. Oh yes, that would be fabulous...not to mention H-O-T! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, you should get them a few more at least. Although, watch out...you might be creating little pin trading monsters. I swear, pin trading is like crack -- once you start you just can't stop. Wait, that sounds bad. Just to clarify, I HAVE NOT DONE CRACK!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think I need to have more DIS friends on Facebook and in real life -- well, I mean in person real life (does that make sense?). All my friends don't get why I'm planning another trip when I haven't even gone on the first one yet. Psh, they simply don't understand...SAD! I posted my status as, "Kirsten is now planning TWO WDW trips!" None of my non-Disney friends truly understand it. In fact, I'd say they probably think I'm certifiable. Perhaps I am, but I don't care -- I'm going to WDW twice this year!!!!! Those crazy people just don't get the Disney bug. Oh well, if they did that would just mean more people to clog the parks up and we don't want that...right? :laughing:
I'm PMing you...

Hope they are released today so we can get on with some plannin :upsidedow

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm PMing you...

Hope they are released today so we can get on with some plannin :upsidedow

I just added you...and sent you a PM before I saw this on here. Oh well, you can never hear from me enough! :rotfl: Ok, well maybe you can...just ask DH!

YES!! I'm ready to actually make plans in my PTR. I haven't done a lot of that...yet. :rolleyes1

Everyone thought the August park hours were going to be released last Friday (May 1). This makes sense, seeing as it's about 90 days out from August 1. At least, one would think that would be the logical release date for the hours. But, no...as of Tuesday, May 5th at 8:32am EDT the hours have yet to make their appearance on that thing Disney claims to be a website. :mad: My 90-day ADR mark isn't until May 25 (Memorial Day), so I still have plenty of time. However, I feel bad for all those people who are vacationing at the beginning of August and our now forced to make their ADRs blindly, hoping for the best. If Disney wants to stick with a 90-day ADR time frame, then they should be willing to release park hours at least 100 days out. I really don't see what the problem with that would be. :confused3

Now that I got that rant out of the way...I really have nothing trip related to talk about. So, I have a question for any of the readers/lurkers I may have:

What is your top 5 favorite attraction list at WDW?

Wow I feel sorry for those ppl too.

Well my top 5 attractions

3 Mountains

Safari Jungle

Haunted Mansion

Rock n Roller Coaster

Tower of Terror

Whoa my top 5? Here they are in no particular order:

1) Dinosaur
2) Big Thunder
3) Peter Pan
4) Expedition Everest
5) The Seas with Nemo

Wow I feel sorry for those ppl too.

Well my top 5 attractions

3 Mountains
Safari Jungle
Haunted Mansion
Rock n Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Ooh, definitely all good ones! There is something about the Haunted Mansion that I just love, love, love. I really wish the rumors about building a gift shop at the end of the ride would happen already. I think I might go broke there! :rotfl:

Whoa my top 5? Here they are in no particular order:

1) Dinosaur
2) Big Thunder
3) Peter Pan
4) Expedition Everest
5) The Seas with Nemo

I love Dinosaur, too. I think I'm the only one in my family who does. Everyone else thinks it's too jerky...but I love that about it!

The elusive park hours have made their appearance, albeit fashionably late. Of course, the only ones I was really looking for (Animal Kingdom) were delayed even more so...figures. The hours look good, for the most part. But I swear, the park hour people have it out for me! Every time I'm there, I miss evening EMH at AK by just that much. Seriously, EVERY TIME! :headache: I'm convinced that the powers that be sit and conspire against me just so I will never know what it's like to experience EE at night. Jerks! :sad2:

Here are the hours for August 23 - 28:

Sunday, August 23
Magic Kingdom: open until 1am (EMH)

Monday, August 24
AK: 8:00am – 7:00pm
DHS: 9:00am – 10:00pm (EMH)
MK: 9:00am – 10:00pm
Epcot: 9:00am – 9:00pm

Tuesday, August 25
AK: 9:00am – 7:00pm
DHS: 9:00am – 8:30pm
Epcot: 8:00am – 9:00pm (EMH)
MK: 9:00am – 9:00pm

Wednesday, August 26
DHS: 8:00am – 7:00pm (EMH)

Thursday, August 27
DHS: 9:00am – 8:30pm
MK: 8:00am – 10:00pm (EMH)

Friday, August 28
DHS: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Epcot: 9:00am - 12:00am (EMH)

Our dates overlap for a few days. We should plan a mini-DIS meet or something. How cool would that be? If you see a very tall (I'm 6') woman w/ a grumpy looking husband you know that's me! :rotfl:

Yay, another Disney FB friend! PM me w/ your email address and I'll add you. :thumbsup2

Yeah, a mini DIS meet would be cool!

About to PM you about facebook...

Hmmm...

Our top five are (I asked my boys lol):

1. All 3 mountains
2. Rock'n'Roller Coaster
3. Tower of Terror
4. Expedition Everest
5. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Yes, we're a family of thrill ride lovers (well, except for me - I don't "do" upside-down or spinning LOL).

Oh, and as an aside:
We are finally completely booked and paid for! Sept. 12-20 at ASMu preferred and WICKED deal on our airfare :woohoo: Now, to plan our ADRs without September park hours until June! :headache:

YAY for all the park hours finally being out! I'll have to look and see if AK has any EMH for our first couple days. I don't think my dad and sister would go for it but if they had any PM EMH I'd be tempted to go after hearing everyone rave about it!

And I forgot about my top 5 attractions (this is super-hard BTW, I have so many!):
1.) Thunder Mountain (I love all the mountains but since this was my first roller coaster gotta go with this one)

2.) Soarin

3.) Tower of Terror

4.) Toy Story Mania

5.) Expedition Everest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter