• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Down By The Boardwalk, Out By The Mouse. 3/11 Jen's New PTR Pg. 69

LOL!!!! Rental Car Queen I like that title!! First of all, I always make sure to join the e-mailing list of all the rental car locations, you can get some great last minute deals, which I have done many times. (Saved almost $100 last time). If possible rent from a non-airport location, however if that is not possible, no biggie, just a little cheaper without airport tax. I also would see if your work, your insurance, or any other association you belong to (I belong to the NEA) have discounts with rental companies you can get a great deal that way also!

Also another cool thing is you have a GPS, Mousesavers has a great file of all the WDW address and locations that you can download to your GPS. This will save you from having to enter in addresses. I love it, any location in the WDW area is at my fingertips instantly!

That's great information. Thank you! I've joined a couple of those e-mail lists. As my dates get closer, I'll keep a closer eye on them. Do you usually purchase the insurance the car rental company offers? Or do you have coverage through another source? Thanks again :)

Great ADR's! I had the chocolate moose at LeCellier. It was sooo good! Philharmagic is awesome. It does seem longer than 10 minutes though.

The chocolate moose is amazing!! Although I may have to cave and finally have the Maple Creme brulee I am a creme brulee girl after all!!!

Philharmagic is the best ever!!

That's great information. Thank you! I've joined a couple of those e-mail lists. As my dates get closer, I'll keep a closer eye on them. Do you usually purchase the insurance the car rental company offers? Or do you have coverage through another source? Thanks again :)

My regular car insurance covers rental cars so I usually do not get the insurance offered by the rental car company because it is EXPENSIVE and adds up! The only thing I have ever had to pay for was a crack in a windshield and that cost me $120.00 which was less than the insurance would have cost me for 7 days.

Animal Kingdom

Jambo! And welcome to Kilimanjaro Safaris! Your expert safari driver will be taking you on a two-week adventure through African bush country. For those of you traveling light or on a light stomach may I suggest the many merchants located in the village of Harambe. Thank you for touring with Kilimanjaro Safaris. When it comes to safaris we go WILD!

And WILD is definitely the word I would use to describe the Animal Kingdom. Leslie and Jen will be your drivers on this two-week adventure into the MUST-SEES and MUST-DOs of the Animal Kingdom. So fasten your seat belts and have your cameras ready, we can’t stop the vehicle unless we are going to run straight into one of the main attractions….and let’s go!!!

Wilson…this is SIMBA 1 requesting permission to enter the reserve.
SIMBA 1 this is Wilson…permission granted. You will be seeing some great things today!
Thanks Wilson, we’re looking forward to it.

As we quietly approach the Bongo Pool, you will notice the Kilimanjaro Safaris on the right for their morning drink at the watering hole.

951676936_46sC8-L.jpg

We will be continuing our way through the lush vegetation and wonderful waterfalls…..oooh look to your left everyone up on the hill…. What do you see?

DisneyJan2010Day1andDay2466.jpg

It’s Tough to be a Bug! You must be careful around this attraction. We hear there are large grasshoppers and even spiders found there, but they won’t bother you. As your guides it would be an injustice to not inform you that insects are quite helpful and quite beautiful! Enjoy this one!

Now we will be entering my favorite part of this attraction the savannah grassland, here you will find many of the grazing and migrating portions of the Animal Kingdom.

Quick…look to your right…isn’t it awesome

951678591_7XFFr-L.jpg

The Character meets at Animal Kingdom! Let us point out Thumper and Ms. Bunny! OOH look Baloo and King Louie are also here. Flik and Jiminy Cricket are also out and playing fun games. OH and look who else has come out…Safari Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto. What a group! Oh and if you look way towards the back you can also catch a glimpse of Chip and Dale.

Best if we keep moving along, we have a lot more of the savannah to see. Coming around the bend in the road if you look to your left you might be able to catch another main attraction!

DisneyJan2010Day1andDay2571.jpg

Finding Nemo! This is always a safari favorite! Nemo and Marlin, Dory, and the Sharks they are quite photogenic and a huge crowd pleaser. We often like to come here to cool down, it’s a nice dark and quiet location, so make sure to use your indoor voice as we approach.

SIMBA 1 this is Wilson, Just wanted to let you know that there are some BIG attractions coming up in the Red Clay Pits, so be on the lookout.

Wilson, this is SIMBA 1 we copy that! Thanks!

Did you hear that? Well off to the clay pits we go…keep your eyes open for those BIG ONES!!

OOOH….what is that I spy…oh are we in for a sweet treat today guys!!

951679964_UsZXd-L.jpg

The Fried Wontons! Now this is a delightful scene to happen upon! These guys are warm and gooey and just look fantabulous! Hmmmm….just looking at these gives me warm fuzzies!

Well we are coming to the end of our tour…but wait, what is that off in the distance…NO IT CAN’T BE….Now we’re talking exciting…get those cameras out fellow safari goers because off in the distance to your right is the biggest thrill in all of the Kingdom.

951674871_nXWwd-L.jpg

Expedition Everest in all its glory!! If you are lucky you might even find the elusive Yeti!! Although I wouldn’t suggest taking a flash picture, rumor has it he gets quite angry when he sees a camera flash.

Well guys, we hate to cut this safari short, but to be honest we have other parks to visit so we’ll be dropping you back off here at Harambe Villiage and suggest you go get Lost on the Safari over at Dawa or if that is not your cup of tea head over to Asia and have a wonderful frozen chai tea…hopefully it will be your cup of tea (HAHAHAHAHA corny joke LOL)!

Thanks for coming along!!! Kwaheri!

The theme of your PTR is awesome. You two are so creative! I always say this but this time I mean it... I have to spend more time exploring in Animal Kingdom So much to see. I am really hoping that they extend their Taste of Africa... that sounded really cool! And of course I am all about the food. :upsidedow

Have either of you ever tried the behind the scenes Animal Kingdom tour? I did it back in '06 and loved it. I may try to go again.

OK, I quit writing PTRs...you guys put everyone else's to shame!

Oh my goodness! Most clever update ever!!! Not to mention, you know how much I love Animal Kingdom! For some of us, a Lost on Safari AND a Frozen Chai are both right up there on our list of favorite drinks! :laughing:

Best read I've had on the DIS today!! Very, VERY well done!!

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter