• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Down By The Boardwalk, Out By The Mouse. 3/11 Jen's New PTR Pg. 69

ADRs look good. :) Have you tried Tony's before or will this be your first time?

By the way, you have me greatly anticipating the Kobe burger at Y&Y.... can't wait!!

So glad you have your Y&Y!!! I have to say Christine, their review of Y&Y is the reason why I booked it this past trip!! Was very good!

I have never been to Tony's -- LL what made you guys choose there?

You have some great ADRs! I'm very much looking forward to the empty Main Street/morning Castle/Pooh and Friends picturing you two lovely ladies!

I'm glad to hear you got LeCellier as well - you WILL get your moose! :thumbsup2

Have you determined what you are going to order at each place, or is that going to be done on the fly?

I really think this is a great line-up for you 2! Some good old standbys + some pretty good new ones thrown into the mix!! :thumbsup2

Great ADR's. I love them all, but I was a little underwhelmed with Tony's the last time we went. Still in all I would be willing to go back for lunch sometime. I have seen some good lunch reviews here. It really is a cute place and I wanted to like it last time, just didn't. Can't remember exactly why.

I love ADR day. It's so fun! I loved Rose & Crown this trip. I am looking forward to Yak & Yeti in September.

Nice line-up of ADRs. I've never done Crystal Palace, but lately I've been wanting to if for no other reason than to try and get an early reservation and get on Main Street before opening. :laughing:

Our last ADR is one I wouldn't think we'd pick but I'm happy that we did. Tony's Town Square.

While I was writing this update, I was listening to Mickey's Philharmagic on YouTube. It's not great quality but it certainly puts you in the Disney spirit. Have a little looksie. I can't believe it's only 10 minutes long. Feels much longer when you are there in the audience.

We have only eaten at Tony's once, but it was very good, we thought.

I believe I will tune in to Philharmagic this morning, thanks to your suggestion. Then I have to go to school, so it will start my day off on a happy note.

Mmmmmm. Now I'm going to be thinking about the Brown Derby all day today. Yum! You have some great picks for your trip.

All of your choices are excellent! My stomach is growling just thinking about all that yummy food!!! I have heard good things about a dessert at Tony's -- lemon something. Now I need to go look it up on Allears...it's the lemon walnut layer cake.
I've had that lemon walnut layer cake and it wasn't my favorite. I'm looking forward to trying the cheesecake!

Yeah ADR time! You're so lucky you got the coveted Le Cellier. I've tried for it our last 2 trips and no such luck!

I loved the Beauty the Beast intro too!
I'm so happy we were able to secure Le Cellier. :goodvibes

Yeah, ADRs!!! :banana: And you got some great ones, too! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a wonderful plan!
I'm really happy with our choices.

ADRs look good. :) Have you tried Tony's before or will this be your first time?

By the way, you have me greatly anticipating the Kobe burger at Y&Y.... can't wait!!
I have had lunch at Tony's and it was good. Nothing to jump up and down about but I really liked the atmosphere and I think Jen will like it too.

Love the intro! GREAT ADR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how fun.
I'm very happy with what we've chosen.

So glad you have your Y&Y!!! I have to say Christine, their review of Y&Y is the reason why I booked it this past trip!! Was very good!

I have never been to Tony's -- LL what made you guys choose there?
We were looking for an ADR in MK. We've done The Plaza & CRT together and we knew we were doing breakfast at Crystal Palace so that left Tony's. I've been wanting to go for dinner, Marc & I had a good lunch there in 2008 and the atmosphere and decor is really sweet. You have to love Lady & The Tramp.

You have some great ADRs! I'm very much looking forward to the empty Main Street/morning Castle/Pooh and Friends picturing you two lovely ladies!

I'm glad to hear you got LeCellier as well - you WILL get your moose! :thumbsup2

Have you determined what you are going to order at each place, or is that going to be done on the fly?
I can't wait for my moose!! Yum, Yum. I have ideas on what I will order but maybe we'll do a what we are going to order post later on for you all.

I really think this is a great line-up for you 2! Some good old standbys + some pretty good new ones thrown into the mix!! :thumbsup2
I've been to everyone of the ADRs, Jen has been to all of them except Tony. I guess we know what we like. :rotfl:

Great ADR's. I love them all, but I was a little underwhelmed with Tony's the last time we went. Still in all I would be willing to go back for lunch sometime. I have seen some good lunch reviews here. It really is a cute place and I wanted to like it last time, just didn't. Can't remember exactly why.

I love ADR day. It's so fun! I loved Rose & Crown this trip. I am looking forward to Yak & Yeti in September.
Tony's was good in '08, but like you say it was nothing spectacular. It was a solid TS establishment though and I love the decor inside.

Nice line-up of ADRs. I've never done Crystal Palace, but lately I've been wanting to if for no other reason than to try and get an early reservation and get on Main Street before opening. :laughing:
It's really worth it to do a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace. To see Main Street so empty is a big ol' Disney Warm Fuzzy.

We have only eaten at Tony's once, but it was very good, we thought.

I believe I will tune in to Philharmagic this morning, thanks to your suggestion. Then I have to go to school, so it will start my day off on a happy note.
I hope you enjoyed your Philharmagic, I really enjoyed mine last night.

Mmmmmm. Now I'm going to be thinking about the Brown Derby all day today. Yum! You have some great picks for your trip.
Mmmm...I so wish I had cobb salad for lunch today!

EDIT: Oooops! I used the wrong color. Forgive me but I am not going back to edit now.

I really like your choices for ADRs. The only place I've eaten at is Tony's, and we thought it was great! :thumbsup2

Do you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast? A couple weeks ago they were talking about a challenge where you go into the restaurant and don't look at the menu. You just tell the server to bring you the most popular meal. Sounds fun!

YAY for ADR DAY!!! SO excited for you two! Great choices as always!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link! And the Beauty and the Beast song that I now have stuck in my head! :lmao:

I LOVE going through YouTUbe every once in a while with Blake and doing Disney ride alongs. Usually my 1st ride along is for the TTA! "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow" "Now approaching Space Mountain!" Always puts a smile on my face!:goodvibes

Great ADR choices! :thumbsup2 The Key Lime Cheesecake at Tony's is delicious but so is The Bomb!

Do you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast? A couple weeks ago they were talking about a challenge where you go into the restaurant and don't look at the menu. You just tell the server to bring you the most popular meal. Sounds fun!

That would be fun! I think if I went as often as say...Wigd and Shocker...;)...I just might do that!!

I really like your choices for ADRs. The only place I've eaten at is Tony's, and we thought it was great! :thumbsup2

I'm excited for our ADRs. I think I am way too much of a control freak to let someone pick what I'd eat. :lmao:

YAY for ADR DAY!!! SO excited for you two! Great choices as always!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link! And the Beauty and the Beast song that I now have stuck in my head! :lmao:

I LOVE going through YouTUbe every once in a while with Blake and doing Disney ride alongs. Usually my 1st ride along is for the TTA! "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow" "Now approaching Space Mountain!" Always puts a smile on my face!:goodvibes
I'm going to have YouTube rides more often. They make me happy.

Great ADR choices! :thumbsup2 The Key Lime Cheesecake at Tony's is delicious but so is The Bomb!
Mmmmmmmmmmm. That sounds very yummy!

That would be fun! I think if I went as often as say...Wigd and Shocker...;)...I just might do that!!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

caught up ladies...

love your WISHES for the trip....good luck w/ sticking to the plan, no car and keeping healthy....:thumbsup2

the ADR's look wonderful...the pre-park opening one is a must have :goodvibes

Dudes.

I'm in.

Oh...

When stars are born, they possess a gift or two.
One of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true.

Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have the wish, I wish tonight.
We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
and all our wishes,
will come true.

When you wish, upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come...to...you.

And I'm also now all sobby in the face.

Wishes.

Gets me every time.

Go ahead, quote 'Promise' next. I promise you by the time I finish reading this PTR I'll have gone through a whole box o' Kleenex.

Hey Jen, aka jenjolt... I'm going to be renting a car and since you seem to be the rental car queen ;) are there any tips you can give me? This will be my first time renting a car and I don't want to get jipped! Thanks :goodvibes

Hey Jen, aka jenjolt... I'm going to be renting a car and since you seem to be the rental car queen ;) are there any tips you can give me? This will be my first time renting a car and I don't want to get jipped! Thanks :goodvibes

LOL!!!! Rental Car Queen I like that title!! First of all, I always make sure to join the e-mailing list of all the rental car locations, you can get some great last minute deals, which I have done many times. (Saved almost $100 last time). If possible rent from a non-airport location, however if that is not possible, no biggie, just a little cheaper without airport tax. I also would see if your work, your insurance, or any other association you belong to (I belong to the NEA) have discounts with rental companies you can get a great deal that way also!

Also another cool thing is you have a GPS, Mousesavers has a great file of all the WDW address and locations that you can download to your GPS. This will save you from having to enter in addresses. I love it, any location in the WDW area is at my fingertips instantly!

caught up ladies...

love your WISHES for the trip....good luck w/ sticking to the plan, no car and keeping healthy....:thumbsup2

the ADR's look wonderful...the pre-park opening one is a must have :goodvibes

Thanks!! I think we have some great resolutions!!! Yes I have to agree, pre-park opening ADRs are the best! I cannot wait to be walking on an empty Main Street!
Dudes.

I'm in.

Oh...

And I'm also now all sobby in the face.

Wishes.

Gets me every time.

Go ahead, quote 'Promise' next. I promise you by the time I finish reading this PTR I'll have gone through a whole box o' Kleenex.

WELCOME! We are so glad you are here!!!!! Wishes is such a great soundtrack!! I just love sitting in the hub taking it all in!! Great memories!

Great ADR's! I had the chocolate moose at LeCellier. It was sooo good! Philharmagic is awesome. It does seem longer than 10 minutes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter