• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dover England *live* July 10th

So fun to see these pics- thanks for sharing!

One of my favorite memories from my cruise was watching the locals come see the boat and react to Disney's presence in their communities. Genuine excitement is rare where I come from. ;)

Thanks for sharing. My husband was near Denmark earlier this week and I reminded him to keep a lookout for the Magic! Can't wait! Only 5 more working days for me - seems so close when I think of it in those terms. :teeth:

So fun to see these pics- thanks for sharing!

One of my favorite memories from my cruise was watching the locals come see the boat and react to Disney's presence in their communities. Genuine excitement is rare where I come from. ;)

Thanks for sharing. My husband was near Denmark earlier this week and I reminded him to keep a lookout for the Magic! Can't wait! Only 5 more working days for me - seems so close when I think of it in those terms. :teeth:

Yes I saw some parents of young out of school children come up and say it's Mickeys boat, the funnels are clear to see from the beach. It was nice to listen in on the fun they were having. One adult conversation was....and they are very expensive!

Just off the Magic yesterday. What a wonderful cruise! Our guide in Kirkwall, Orkney Islands told us the town was was quite excited to have a Disney ship in port for the first time. They gave us quite a send off with a good number of townsfolk showing up to watch us sail away. They had a bagpipe group, Scottish dancers and even a water cannon salute as we sailed off. She said they had been watching You Tube videos of Disney ships sailing away and couldn't wait to hear the Mickey horn.

Very cool!!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and thanks for the beautiful pictures of the Magic in Dover. We didn't get a chance to take many there, so it's fun to see yours.

Just off the Magic yesterday. What a wonderful cruise! Our guide in Kirkwall, Orkney Islands told us the town was was quite excited to have a Disney ship in port for the first time. They gave us quite a send off with a good number of townsfolk showing up to watch us sail away. They had a bagpipe group, Scottish dancers and even a water cannon salute as we sailed off. She said they had been watching You Tube videos of Disney ships sailing away and couldn't wait to hear the Mickey horn.

Very cool!!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and thanks for the beautiful pictures of the Magic in Dover. We didn't get a chance to take many there, so it's fun to see yours.
Thank you and we are visiting Kirkwall next year and pre booked a private tour which was sold out a number of months back.

Glad you enjoyed ours and you came back to some wonderful british sunny weather.

Thank you, it was a nice hot day in Dover, blue sky's over the white cliffs if Dover.... Where have I heard that before? Anyway, hope you enjoyed your two Alaska cruises and I hope your Magic cruise next year will be....Magical.

Hope your well. Thank you for the feedback
Thank you, I've got a couple more weeks until I sail on the second Alaskan cruise but I'm very much looking forward to it. Will also look forward to seeing your photos from your cruise, I would have loved to have done it but unfortunately the school where I work doesn't break up until 22nd. Never mind, we are consoling ourselves with a B2B instead, what a hardship! ;) In the meantime I'll enjoy all your photos. :)

Ahh....lovely to see but sad too as I was on that cruise and remember waking up at 5.30, seeing we had docked and I sat on the verandah for about 10 mins soaking up the beautiful scenery. Then felt so sad that we had to get off in a few hours so I dived back into bed in protest until 7.30!! Was a wonderful cruise though.

Thank you, I've got a couple more weeks until I sail on the second Alaskan cruise but I'm very much looking forward to it. Will also look forward to seeing your photos from your cruise, I would have loved to have done it but unfortunately the school where I work doesn't break up until 22nd. Never mind, we are consoling ourselves with a B2B instead, what a hardship! ;) In the meantime I'll enjoy all your photos. :)

Have a great Alaska cruises(s) and I will post more photos from our upcoming cruise from the 22nd.

The horn from yesterday - I was there too!

:rainbow:

Excellent. Thank you.

Ahh....lovely to see but sad too as I was on that cruise and remember waking up at 5.30, seeing we had docked and I sat on the verandah for about 10 mins soaking up the beautiful scenery. Then felt so sad that we had to get off in a few hours so I dived back into bed in protest until 7.30!! Was a wonderful cruise though.

And I most likely was taking photos of you at 5.30am.

Thank you and we are visiting Kirkwall next year and pre booked a private tour which was sold out a number of months back.

Glad you enjoyed ours and you came back to some wonderful british sunny weather.

Very wise to book early! Kirkwall is a small town (and on an island) so there are only so many tour buses available. DCL offered mostly shorter excursions - 4 hours or so as that was all the area could accommodate according to our guide who seems to have her finger in everything tourism in Kirkwall. We booked with Orkney Aspects and had the great privilege of having the owner, Pat, as our private guide for just our family for the entire day. It was a fabulous tour, one of the highlights of our trip. I hope yours works out as well as ours! Everyone we encountered in Kirkwall was just so kind and welcoming. Pat told us that her entire company was already sold out for 2 of the 3 days the Magic will be in port next summer. So for anyone sailing there next summer looking to book outside of Disney - which I HIGHLY recommend! - book now. Don't wait a second longer. As I said at the beginning, Kirkwall is small town and the tour operators are limited, but there is so much to see there.

And yes, we marveled at the sunny weather in Dover / London. We actually had pretty incredible weather the entire cruise. We were very surprised and had packed for much colder and wet weather than what we actually encountered.

Very wise to book early! Kirkwall is a small town (and on an island) so there are only so many tour buses available. DCL offered mostly shorter excursions - 4 hours or so as that was all the area could accommodate according to our guide who seems to have her finger in everything tourism in Kirkwall. We booked with Orkney Aspects and had the great privilege of having the owner, Pat, as our private guide for just our family for the entire day. It was a fabulous tour, one of the highlights of our trip. I hope yours works out as well as ours! Everyone we encountered in Kirkwall was just so kind and welcoming. Pat told us that her entire company was already sold out for 2 of the 3 days the Magic will be in port next summer. So for anyone sailing there next summer looking to book outside of Disney - which I HIGHLY recommend! - book now. Don't wait a second longer. As I said at the beginning, Kirkwall is small town and the tour operators are limited, but there is so much to see there.

And yes, we marveled at the sunny weather in Dover / London. We actually had pretty incredible weather the entire cruise. We were very surprised and had packed for much colder and wet weather than what we actually encountered.
Thanks for the report and I am glad you had a fantastic cruise and great weather. We too are booked with Orkney aspects.

DF... I LOVE THIS!!! THANKS!!! I wish I was there!!!

Thank you, I am so pleased you have enjoyed them. Bookmark To Russia with Mickey bars, I will be posting live on the blog from 22/7 with photos on the Magic in Dover That day. Now the live photos are iPhone the better ones are posted post cruise when we get home.

I will post live for 12 nights bar from Russia, my cell / mobile covers all Europe bar Russia. And we have a helicopter there!

Ahhhh.... I just love the White Cliffs of Dover. The English countryside is second to none (for me people... please don't debate my opinion!!!). It makes me long for the days my husband worked in London.

Thanks so much DF for this! I wish I was there!

Thank you, I am so pleased you have enjoyed them. Bookmark To Russia with Mickey bars, I will be posting live on the blog from 22/7 with photos on the Magic in Dover That day. Now the live photos are iPhone the better ones are posted post cruise when we get home.

I will post live for 12 nights bar from Russia, my cell / mobile covers all Europe bar Russia. And we have a helicopter there!

DF... YES! I am bookmarking now!!

Ahhhh.... I just love the White Cliffs of Dover. The English countryside is second to none (for me people... please don't debate my opinion!!!). It makes me long for the days my husband worked in London.

Thanks so much DF for this! I wish I was there!
I agree.. The White cliffs.. and our countryside are prefect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter