double dipping on fp is gone

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Mother Gothel, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

I checked into ASSp yesterday on an AP room only discount and was not given a KTTW card. I did online check in and received my MB about a month ago. He checke that I had my mB and told me that was all I needed and never even mentioned KTTW cards. If I had known yesterday about them possibly going away, I would have asked about it but I didn't even think about not getting a KTTW.

I can use my MB for park entry and FP+. Still can't believe I haven't had any issues with it. I probably just jinxed myself. My AP was able to pull FP- at MK yesterday. I haven't needed any at Epcot. I'm on my way to MK, so I'll see if it works there today.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mkrop

Mkrop <font color=coral>I just cant go on demand<br><fon

Last time I checked WDW intended for resort rooms be used for STAYS, not fo ghost reservation so YOU can test the system. WDW has plenty of testers whether you paid for it or not, they dont need your testing "expertise". You talk about INTENT but you did not follow WDW's intent for what a resort room is for.

:sad2:

4. rebbyparker

rebbyparker DIS Veteran

Agreed!

5. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

But the rules of FP clearly DO state that you cannot get another for 2 hours or until your current return window. Using an expired card to pull another one before then is breaking the FP rules.

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

The rules of the old FP stated you had a return window. Which the CMs chose to ignore, and then encourage guests to ignore. This seems to be the same kind of thing. Disney knows it is going on. They will stop it when they choose to.

7. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

I mostly agree, but I'm not aware of Disney encouraging anyone to bring their expired KTTW cards to pull FP-. They have been issuing current KTTW cards in addition to MB so that guests could pull FP- in addition to their FP+.

8. jimCA

jimCA Earning My Ears

I wish I had a stack of old cards on my trip.

9. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

Oy. Calgon... take me away! :rotfl:

10. jimCA

jimCA Earning My Ears

Should I blame Disney or this hidden treasure of old cards for my long wait?

11. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Both.

12. jimCA

jimCA Earning My Ears

Thank you! I agree! Disney made this mess and the people who are in the know made it worse.

13. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

My post was admittedly a little vague but, for the life of me, I have no clue how your reply relates to anything that was said. Buh bye, now. :wave2:

14. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

I have mb and using fp+ and checked in at the beach club and used aps for fp- today at dhs. Sounds like they stopped the kttw cards but not aps yet.

15. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Done all of them, not even close on our radar. Totally prefer BC/SAB then WS for dining drinks and Illuminations esp XMAS week when we visit-not to mention Main Street and Osborne etc.

Now throw in a TT or Soarin-even better.

16. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

I just pulled a FP- for Buzz. Yep, APs are still good. They probably won't remove AP access to FP- until all APs have access to FP+. At least I not..

17. Amberleefuta

Amberleefuta Mouseketeer

I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping! It is horrible that all of u that were doing that. If u are breaking the rules in disney what r u doing in the real world!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. Erin1700

Erin1700 <font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us

Checking into Boardwalk on Tuesday evening.
    We do not have APs.
    So we just will get Magic Bands?

19. wn01aa

wn01aa DIS Veteran

And DOUBLE shame for any resort guest since mid-November who have been using KTTW cards given at check-in for FP- since POP guests can't get that card...oh wait...that is not breaking the rules...but all of you are getting something POP was not getting. While I would not approve of some guy with 15 old cards getting loads of FP-, Disney has made this whole thing unfair and I am not sure it is breaking the rules to triple/double dip (please show policy that says this...morality/being fair is not a legal rule...as Disney has clearly shown to POP guests). If some card (old media, credit card, loyalty card) is put into a machine and a FP- ticket comes out, that is Disney's problem. Some people are confusing what they feel is just and proper with written rules.

20. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

I didn't see anything posted about it being illegal to use our AP and KTTW cards.

I just gave my MY to a friend so he could ride Space Mountain on my FP. I will be going to hades for that I know.

21. jimCA

jimCA Earning My Ears

I fully fault Disney and the guests who did the old cards for my long wait time.