double dipping on fp is gone

Wait, she couldn't use an AP for FP-?? We're planning on going on 12/7, just for the day (we're semi-local), to use our APs one last time before they expire. Plus, my parents are going with us and will be purchasing single-day tickets. So, will we not be able to use fastpasses??

I'm in that same situation for a 12/13 trip,haven't read through all the posts but I would not believe that Disney would have someone with an AP without access to either FP- or FP+ while day visitors that will be with us can easily grab FP- tickets.I have magic bands coming for a 1/10 trip but somebody better tell me I'll be able to get FP- for the 12/13 or guest services is going to be hearing from me (loudly).

jimandami said:
I think it's fine they are taking it away but why does my KTTW work but other don't. That part is unfair!

The ones don't work are the older resort cards. They just don't want people to know that and blame Disney for it.

I think it is ridiculous that no MODS have piped up and said something about ppl talking about using OLD EXPIRED KTTW cards for pulling fast passes. In addition to their current bands and KTTW cards. It seems any time anybody talks about skirting a rule someone chimes in and either shuts down the thread or warns ppl not to discuss bypassing rules. But in NONE of these threads has anybody said a word about ppl admitting they are double and triple dipping. That kind of dishonesty is allowed on here? But not talking about skirting other rules?

I think it is cute that someone will admit to triple dipping but then clarify BUT OH we barely did it maybe once or twice. Mmhmmmm. Right. That makes it ok. And if I just reuse my old mug once or twice it is ok. If I just pool hop once or twice it is ok.

ETA: I was at WDW from Nov 10-16th and we stayed off site and had RFID tickets purchased directly through Disney and we were able to still use FP- So I couldn't care less about the other FP+ etc. I do know they will not take away FP- from off site guests until they have it in place to allow them also use FP+. Disney would never take FP away completely to those not staying in their resorts. They would lose a ton of business. I also don't mind if Disney starts charging for FP's. I will pay for them if I need to. Especially if you can use them more often than once every 2 hours. Since we usually only stay in the parks for 3 or 4 hours we don't use many FP's.

MinnieLovesMickey12 said:
I think it is ridiculous that no MODS have piped up and said something about ppl talking about using OLD EXPIRED KTTW cards for pulling fast passes. In addition to their current bands and KTTW cards. It seems any time anybody talks about skirting a rule someone chimes in and either shuts down the thread or warns ppl not to discuss bypassing rules. But in NONE of these threads has anybody said a word about ppl admitting they are double and triple dipping. That kind of dishonesty is allowed on here? But not talking about skirting other rules?

I totally agree. They knowingly brought older cards try to cheat the system and made fp goes faster than it should.
Comes here to blame the fp+ to ruin their vacation at the mean time.

Talk about have a cake and eat it too.

I think it is cute that someone will admit to triple dipping but then clarify BUT OH we barely did it maybe once or twice. Mmhmmmm. Right. That makes it ok. And if I just reuse my old mug once or twice it is ok. If I just pool hop once or twice it is ok.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. This one is on Disney. If they are allowing it to continue (which apparently they aren't anymore .. Woohoo!!) then how in the world is it the responsibility of Disboard moderators, volunteers on the internet, to police a situation that until now Disney wouldn't?:confused3. This went on because there was no clear rule. Disboard mods would have been censoring to shut down talk of skirting a rule that didn't exist.

ETA.. and don't get me wrong. I don't need a rule posted in front of my face to make what I feel is an ethical decision and have ZERO sympathy for people bringing every old card under the sun .. but it's hardly the fault of Disboard mods that people will exploit every loophole they can.

pigletto said:
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. This one is on Disney. If they are allowing it to continue (which apparently they aren't anymore .. Woohoo!!) then how in the world is the responsibility of Disboard moderators, volunteers on the internet, to police a situation that until now Disney wouldn't?:confused3

So glad Disney stopped it. Seriously though you really think knowingly bring older resort cards is what Disney intended to allow?

So glad Disney stopped it. Seriously though you really think knowingly bring older resort cards is what Disney intended to allow?

Not at all. I also think they've mismanaged, failed to anticipate, and misinformed people at every turn. So some people showed their true colors and exploited the heck out of a grey area. It's not the way I roll, but again, how is it up to the mods to enforce something that Disney wasn't?:confused3

I totally agree. They knowingly brought older cards try to cheat the system and made fp goes faster than it should.
Comes here to blame the fp+ to ruin their vacation at the mean time.

Talk about have a cake and eat it too.

But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?

mom2rtk said:
But you're OK with making a resort reservation, then cancelling it in order to get your own magic band?

Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?

Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?

Well, then lets try this another way and ask you your own question. Do you think that's really what Disney intended?

What you did is a lot worse in terms of impacting the guest than I ever could have done.

Ummm.. can you go back and read my posts again and get your facts straight? I haven't been to Disney in almost a year, said I have zero sympathy for people using KTTW cards from past trips and also said several times that I didn't agree. I'm going to have to ask you to read what you are arguing with before I respond because you are wrong.

pigletto said:
Not at all. I also think they've mismanaged, failed to anticipate, and misinformed people at every turn. So some people showed their true colors and exploited the heck out of a grey area. It's not the way I roll, but again, how is it up to the mods to enforce something that Disney wasn't?:confused3

I'm sure they misinformed you when they didn't say "please no prior resort cards alowed"

pigletto said:
Well, then lets try this another way and ask you your own question. Do you think that's really what Disney intended?

Lol by your definition there is no intent just clearly defined rules. So do you think I have the right to cancel a resort reservation or not within their rules? I didn't take my deposit back mind I tell you that? So I did pay for the band in a way.

Lol by your definition there is no intent just clearly defined rules. So do you think I have the right to cancel a resort reservation or not within their rules? I didn't take my deposit back mind I tell you that? So I did pay for the band in a way.

While I am simply delighted that you are done arguing with me about things I didn't say and you were dead wrong about, I think I'll let someone else deal with you now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter