double dipping on fp is gone

#firstworldproblems

Couldn't you say that about anything posted on a Disney fan site?

Does that mean people should not expect value for what they spend? After all, it's merely a first world problem. Maybe we should just all give Disney a blank check and take whatever they decide to dole out in return. After all, it really doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things, right?

Whew, what a messy thread this is!! I just finished skimming most of it and here's what I want to reply to....

Of course im okay with it. That move limits me to the max 3 which you all hate and opens up the fp- so I can test the system.
You think the fact that I use MB takes away valuable fp from these 4 to 6 fp a ride/day people?

Why should the max be 3 for on site when off site get many many more than three? I was there all of last week for Thanksgiving week when the crowds were large and yes we were able to get FPs late at night for things we wanted to ride.

And YES, I double-dipped because I don't feel that I should be punished for staying on property. We had 3 FP+ one day at MK and pulled 4 FP-s throughout the day for things we wanted to do. Yes, I used them all and no, I don't feel bad for it because it's honestly what we would have done without the bands (and what we have always done in the past). The only difference for us was having a FP+ for Wishes viewing that you can't get without the bands.

I'm glad disney is cutting down on this triple double dipping! It is horrible that all of u that were doing that. If u are breaking the rules in disney what r u doing in the real world!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I must be a horrible person then because I certainly went triple-double dipping at Disney last week. In fact, if you read the beginning of this post, I went septuple dipping one day at MK. Why??? Because it's what I did BEFORE the band.....it wasn't wrong/evil/illegal on my trip in June and it wouldn't have been wrong/evil/illegal after I moved off site this weekend, so why is it wrong/illegal/evil while I am staying on property?

In real life, I follow the rules; I attend religious services; I work in a service related field. Never have I ever been arrested and I only have one speeding ticket in my whole life which ironically was while I was racing to an urgent care because of illness. Call me what you want but I don't live life to break rules....

I have this question too : ))

No matter what you use to enter the park, they will all show that you used them if they are linked. Here's how it works - the magic band, the RFID card and the AP are all linked to a database. Once you use any of the three to enter the park, they are all three active because they are all essentially one and the same thing....they are all YOU. Both our RFID and our AP cards pulled FPs this week.

Couldn't you say that about anything posted on a Disney fan site?

Of course. ;). It's just super apparent with all the fp+ hubabalo and the FIVE MILLION threads dissecting it. I'm not immune either. I found myself complaining (loudly) to a CM on the phone a few weeks back after tech problems with the stupid MDE site. It took me two hours to book FP+. I was complaining about the tiering, "needing" to reserve a FP for something walk on ready like Nemo, complaining about the limitations and the "fixing" of a system that wasn't broken, complaining about having to reserve rides three months in advance...etc, etc....

But really, this is FP+ debacle IS the definition of a first world problem.

Some of you take bait way too easily IMO. (I don't mean the OP when I say that.)

So has anything actually changed? Those who couldn't pull FP- might be running into a glitch or maybe this change is slow to gear up?

Some of you take bait way too easily IMO.

So has anything actually changed? Those who couldn't pull FP- might be running into a glitch or maybe this change is slow to gear up?

I am hoping you are onto something.
So basically right now if double dipping was gone, OFF site guests get more FP's than ON site??? How could they do that without everyone yelling?
If OFF site guests were using magic bands too with only 3 passes, then it would be fair.

I understand them fixing the machines to not allow old passes.

I agree that the reports seem to be all over the place with the only consistency being inconsistency. Some report they can't get FP- with their KTTW cards or AP passes, others still can. Others report they are noting getting cards anymore at All Stars. Maybe they are doing it now randomly by last name or blind draw, lol. Wish The Hub was here, maybe they know what is going on. And anyone else who said before that "Everyone knew about The Hub information already", please chime in now.

I am hoping you are onto something.
So basically right now if double dipping was gone, OFF site guests get more FP's than ON site??? How could they do that without everyone yelling?
If OFF site guests were using magic bands too with only 3 passes, then it would be fair.

I understand them fixing the machines to not allow old passes.
Unless they are converting resorts gradually as we speak...

I also believe that more and more of the fastpass pool would be input into the FP+ system with gradually very little left for offsite visitors. I wouldn't worry too much about them getting any kind of advantage.

By the way, I meant later comments and not the OP when I mentioned bait. I just wanted to clarify that.

Mother Gothel, I do not mean to offend, but the CM saying they took it away earlier this week.... Others staying onsite have posted about pulling paper FP's right through yesterday, so that conflicts with what you were told. Maybe "they took it away" from Beach Club guests earlier this week? You are the first reporting this. Just trying to know the details.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but this is my experience.

Checked in to BC on Friday, rec'd KTTW card without asking. I have been able to use the KTTW card to pull paper FP every day. Friday at HS, yesterday at MK, today at Epcot.

We were at BCV and pulled paper passes in addition to our FP+ yesterday at Epcot and MK. Today we moved to Kidani and pulled both as well.

I regret the 20 minutes of my life I spent reading this thread. I now know less than when I started...

Checked in to WL today. We were given KTTW cards without asking for FP- machines. We head to our first park tomorrow and will report back. We have separate ticket media, so we will try with both.

It basically sounds like OP had a glitch, and everything is the same.

I mentioned early on in the thread that it might be a faulty KTTW that OP had. A few others have said they too can't get FP-. Maybe it is just a few people with glitchy KTTW or APs that have this problem

Oh my goodness. I just called the Disney number, they CLAIM that you certainly can not pull both FP+ and FP-. No way, no how. oh my. Now get this...she then says that people who come from OFF site can only get 3 FP- with their tickets and only in one park.
I gave up talking to her. I just called to see if she would admit their might have been a change Dec 1.
Oh my my my. I threw in a "so I can take the bus from Beach Club to Epcot, right?"
Yes of course she said. (lady, quit your day job.)

Pulled a FP- today in MK with our AP's which were linked to our magic bands. Worked! It wasn't needed at all as it was slow today but I noticed this thread in line and was curious. Worked for us!

Pulled a FP- today in MK with our AP's which were linked to our magic bands. Worked! It wasn't needed at all as it was slow today but I noticed this thread in line and was curious. Worked for us!

We were also able to double dip since we arrived on Friday. We're staying at Coronado springs and received cards along with the bands that were shipped.

I wouldn't call the MK slow today it was pretty crowded. I only visit once very couple of years so maybe it just felt more crowded than it has in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter