Dorky Disboutiquing DiserSistas:Destination Disney HeatherSue's(best)version OVER1/27

Oh my gosh! I love it! A true version and a best version!!
Your children are SO adorable! Can't wait for more. And keep on brainwashing!! They'll love you for it when they're older!!

Here I was thinking that you had the best version! This is fun, isn't it?

I'm so sorry about good 'ol Foster Tarp. Tessa and I keep singing that song "The cat came back the very next day." Don't give up hope!:hug:

You two are so sweet! I am not feeling too good about him coming home. I love my cat, and I just hope that if he doesn't come home, someone else found him and took him in. Ok, I think I may have to cry now.. I had a dream last night that he came home. He smelled bad, but he was back! I was so sad when I woke up. :sad2:

:wave: Hi! I found your TR through the Disboutique board, which I am a proud lurker of!!! LOL You guys are all so talented, I could only hope to have an eighth of your talent!! So I am along for your TR journey as well, loving it so far!!:goodvibes

Hey it's my two minute friend! It was great to meet you and I hope I didn't freak you out jumping in front of your stroller to stop you!

Can't wait to read more!

Kristina

Not at all! I was positively thrilled to meet you! Especially since you recognized me by Tessa's Belle dress!

1. Why does your refrigerator look so clean (besides the dorky disney magents, kidding!)? I don't have room on my fridge to even put a countdown calendar!

2. Your dogs have pee stains above their heads.

3. I want to see customs!

1. Because I cleaned it off for the picture! :thumbsup2

2. It's better than pee stains under their butts!

3. Like Henry's always saying- "Want in one hand...." Oops..I don't think I can finish that saying on a family board.:rotfl:

Subscribing :D Now, I have to go back and catch up!!!
YAY! I was wondering if you'd come on over!

Oh my gosh! I love it! A true version and a best version!!
Your children are SO adorable! Can't wait for more. And keep on brainwashing!! They'll love you for it when they're older!!
I will do my best to continue the brainwashing! Tessa said she wants a Power Rangers birthday for her next party. Well...that's still Disney at least!

Thanks for the compliments on my kiddos. I think they're perty darn cute, too!

I'm all caught up - darn time difference :rolleyes:

popcorn::
Yay! I want to work on a 3rd installment today while Sawyer's napping.

You two are so sweet! I am not feeling too good about him coming home. I love my cat, and I just hope that if he doesn't come home, someone else found him and took him in. Ok, I think I may have to cry now.. I had a dream last night that he came home. He smelled bad, but he was back! I was so sad when I woke up. :sad2:
:hug:

:wave: Hi! I found your TR through the Disboutique board, which I am a proud lurker of!!! LOL You guys are all so talented, I could only hope to have an eighth of your talent!! So I am along for your TR journey as well, loving it so far!!:goodvibes

:welcome:!! Feel free to un-lurkify yourself from the disboutique thread! We love to hear from everyone!

This will be a long chapter because I have to get us to Florida in Chapter 3 in order to keep up with my sister.

We were all excited to be on our way. I was happily snapping pictures of everyone in the car
Here's me. Notice my super-cool sunglasses? I've had them since Tessa was born and I bought them at the dollar store. High class, baby. :cool2: :
5-3-08meincar.jpg

Our handsome driver:
5-3-08Henrydriving.jpg

Mom, Sawyer, Dad's arm, and Tessa in the WAAY back. See that bag of crackers Sawyer is eating? We will be seeing those crackers again...
5-3-08eatingcrackersinthecar.jpg

It was 11:00, boarding for our flight was at 3:15, so we had about 4 hours, 15 minutes to drive to Detroit (generally a 2-3 hour drive) park the car in a parking lot, take the shuttle to the airport, check our luggage, go through security, and find something quick to eat. I was thinking we had just enough time.........until..........

I remembered
1.gif

I

forgot

our

2.gif

DISNEY TICKETS!!!!
5.gif

NO! NO! NO! NO!!!

You see, I pride myself in never forgetting to pack anything when we go on vacation, and never leaving anything behind when we come home. Really, I'm a packing savant. So, not only is this a major problem, it's a huge blow to my ego.

I had bought 10 day park hoppers for Henry, Tessa, and I and spent a whole lot of money on them. I wasn't about to have to buy them again once we got down there. I panicked! What should we do?! We were about 40 minutes away from home!! We decided to take the risk and head on back. Henry turned the car around (pretty sure it was illegally) and we sped back home. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, willing the car to go faster (but safely, of course).
1.gif

My amazing husband got us back home in 30 minutes. I RAN into the house to grab the tickets and ordered everyone to take a bathroom break (because we WEREN'T stopping again). I also noticed I hadn't unplugged the coffee pot. So, really, this little mistake actually saved my house from burning down, because you don't leave a BUNN coffee pot plugged in when you leave for 2 weeks. We were all super-fast and we were back in the car on our way within 3 minutes. I have 3 bathrooms and some fast pee-ers in my family. :woohoo: Perhaps not such good hand washers, though. :rolleyes1

We were back in the car when Mom and Dad suggested a shortcut that would cut a lot of time off of our drive. I was skeptical as my dad's shortcuts tend to turn into LONGcuts. But, Mom vouched for him, so we took the shortcut.

About 20 minutes into our drive, I heard a cough followed by a "SAWYER!" I turned around to see the those crackers on their second trip to Sawyer's lap (and my mom's arm, and my dad's pants, and the carseat, and his shirt, etc...). Have no fear!! The packing savant just so happens to have a backpack entitled "What if somebody pukes" tucked safely by her feet.

We pulled over, I got out the bags, the wipes, and a spare set of clothes for Sawyer (mom and dad only had a few spots that were cleared up with a baby wipe, but I had extra shirts for them, if they so desired). Henry stripped the poor kid by the side of the road while mom and dad helped clean him up. I got in the car and went to work on the car seat and the car. 100 baby wipes, 5 bags, and 6 minutes later, we were back on the road.

42 minutes after we left our house the 2nd time, we were back where we had turned around. If you did the math, that was 12 minutes longer than the first trip, minus the 6 minute pit stop, equals this was another of my dad's LONGcuts!

Around this time, my brother called to tell us they had made it to the airport okay and wondered how long until we were going to be there...

My super-duper, amazing driver of a husband got us to the parking lot in Detroit in 1 1/2 hours from the time we left our house. I have no idea how he did that, seeing as how he is almost a reserve police officer and he followed the speed limit exactly as posted.
1.gif
:rolleyes1

We park in the parking lot that I had pre-paid for on ebay ($7.95/day) and take the shuttle to the airport. We met up with David and his family. Teresa was already on her way to Florida because she had an earlier flight. Turns out we made it there with plenty of time to spare. They had delayed our flight from 3:45 to 4:20. So, we got some food at McDonald's (The kids and Henry did, I don't eat before I fly!) and sat around eating, soaking up the ambience of the Detroit Metro Airport.

A surprisingly good hamburger Happy Meal with just ketchup?
5-3-08eatingburgerinairport.jpg

Sawyer in outfit #2:
5-3-08sawyerinairport.jpg

Is that a monorail??
5-3-08monorailatDetroitairport.jpg

They finally boarded our flight at 4:00. I hooked in Sawyer's car seat and we were on our way. Or... at least... I mean... we were on the plane. The airplane didn't actually take flight until 4:50. UGH! There was no explanation whatsoever, we just sat there forever.

We finally take off! Casey is very excited because this is her first airplane trip:
5-3-08Caseysfirstplaneride.jpg

David and Barbara seem to be enjoying themselves as well:
5-3-08DavidandBarbaraonairplane.jpg

I was happy sitting next to Tessa...
5-3-08meandTessaonairplane.jpg

...because Mom was behind us with Sawyer (and his faintly puke-ish smelling carseat)! SUCKER!!!
5-3-08Sawyerandmomonairplane.jpg
5-3-08Sawyeronairplane.jpg

Henry promptly "fell asleep". I have a sneaking suspiscion this was a farce, carefully executed to avoid talking to my brother, who was seated across the isle. As Teresa pointed out in her TR, David has a knack for explaining 2 hour movies for 4 hours. Yeah, titillating conversationist is David.

Anyway, I took advantage of my lovely husband's fake sleeping with a picture opportunity:
5-3-08pickingHenrysnoseonairplane.jpg

No, that's not a cigarette in my mouth, it's a sucker.

Tessa pointed out that maybe the airplane was taking so long because there was a pencil stuck in it:
5-3-08peninairplanewing.jpg

:rotfl:

After a pretty bumpy flight, we landed in Orlando around 7:30. This wasn't a terrible time to arrive, but it was a little irritating. We were originally supposed to arrive at 5:30, but they had already moved back the flight time after I booked it. So, we ended up getting into Orlando 2 hours later than planned. Northwest is not my favorite airline. They even charge for the snacks. :snooty:

Up next: Is this guy going to steal my camera?

Cute! Megan just read the whole thing (well, I helped) and she was excited to see Tessa, Lydia, Arminda and Corey again. She named all the kids!

Anyway, we always give Jacob dramamine before long car rides because that used to happen to us all the time! Yuck!

Charge for snacks? Outrage!

Am I first?? AM I????!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ah, sneaky Steph!!!!!

Another great installment Heather!!! I remember once on a ride home from Cedar Point, a little girl *cough*Heather*ciough* threw up ALL over ME!! And, another time on a trip to Kennedy Space Center, when same said little girl threw up ALL over the bus ride, and my MOTHER used MY jacket to catch it in!!!! YUCK!!! YUCK YUCK!!!

Love the update! I was typing my trip report out last night and went through 4 days in no time. To me the waiting is the fun of a trip report!

Sorry about Sawyer! Don't these things always happen at the wrong time! I totally forgot you were taking the carseat too!

Great update!! Sorry about Sawyer...DD has done that a few times in the car aswell!! Not fun to clean out of a car seat!! lol

Back pack for people who throw up?

Why didn't you tell me about such a thing BEFORE my trip?

When the third child threw up in the van only a few hours into our first day, I was really wishing I had SOMETHING!

I'll never make that mistake again -- You're packing my van stuff next time!

I CANNOT believe you forgot your tickets. That is my worst nightmare.
I always get a package, so I can't forget tickets per se, but I just KNOW I'll forget something. Yikes.

I still maintain that Henry would enjoy WDW soooooo much more if you went with us. [No offense Theresa.]

He and John would have a good time.

And, if not, then just you and the kids should come with us once.
[Shooting for Fall '09 and crossing our fingers for free dining!]
Stay onsite and hang out with us. How can you turn that down???? :confused3

Maybe we can get together next week?

A great update! Poor Sawyer... and your parents! I need to work on the "in case someone pukes" bag for our travels. A super idea! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!

Here's me. Notice my super-cool sunglasses? I've had them since Tessa was born and I bought them at the dollar store. High class, baby. :cool2: :
5-3-08meincar.jpg
You rock Heather Sue!!!!!:cutie: I have sunglasses very similar to those that I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents!! They were a desperate purchase because the kids had broke all my others-now they stay in my car all the time & what were meant as stand ins-are now all the rage!!! Sweet!!!

See that bag of crackers Sawyer is eating? We will be seeing those crackers again...
5-3-08eatingcrackersinthecar.jpg

...because Mom was behind us with Sawyer (and his faintly puke-ish smelling carseat)! SUCKER!!!
5-3-08Sawyerandmomonairplane.jpg
Poor baby, glad Sawyer was a trooper & recovered quick!!:)

My amazing husband got us back home in 30 minutes. I RAN into the house to grab the tickets and ordered everyone to take a bathroom break (because we WEREN'T stopping again). I also noticed I hadn't unplugged the coffee pot. So, really, this little mistake actually saved my house from burning down, because you don't leave a BUNN coffee pot plugged in when you leave for 2 weeks.
Wow, you are soooo blessed to have turned around & saved your house! Our coffee maker has auto shut off, but I can't imagine how scary that would've been! I wonder if forgetting the Park Hoppers truly was an "accident" or God's way of saving your precious house!:angel:

Anyway, I took advantage of my lovely husband's fake sleeping with a picture opportunity:
5-3-08pickingHenrysnoseonairplane.jpg

No, that's not a cigarette in my mouth, it's a sucker..
You are one funny girl!!!:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Tessa pointed out that maybe the airplane was taking so long because there was a pencil stuck in it:
5-3-08peninairplanewing.jpg
:scared1: :rotfl: Seriously, what is that? :confused3 That don't look right!!!! I'm askeered, we're flying "Northworst" in June!!!!

Hilarious trippie, can't wait for more....more please!!!!popcorn:: Which sista can post their next installment faster!!!:surfweb: Wee, this is fun!!!:woohoo:

I just have to tell you how much your future SIL Luke is enjoying your trip report! He thinks Tessa's daddy is so cool because he paints cars, builds houses AND is going to be a police officer. TOO COOL! And he wonders why Tessa had to sit in the "way back" of the Tahoe. He loved seeing her enjoying a hamburger happy meal, catsup only (he prefers a regular cheeseburger himself) and Tessa's pencil stuck in the plane comment with explanatory photo completely crackied him up. He loved meeting and seeing all of her family members ("she has lots of cousins") and loved the photo of Henry "sleeping" on the plane. He said "Daddies are always sleepy" :lmao: I asked him if he wants a countdown calendar like Tessa's for his birthday Disneyland trip in October and he said "I want a countdown to ALL of my birthdays!" :thumbsup2

ETA: He is also jealous that Tessa has TWO dogs. We went to look at puppies and he said "which two do we get to keep" and he keeps talking about "our dogs" I have to keep telling him we only get one! He has his heart set on two.

I still maintain that Henry would enjoy WDW soooooo much more if you went with us. [No offense Theresa.]

As much as I LOOVE our big family trips and look forward to them for years, I don't think either Brian or I would enjoy Disney as much if we ONLY went in a massive group! It is a totally different experience from our normal just us Disney family vacation!
So, I'm all for you and John getting Henry to if not love, at least LIKE Disney!!! :thumbsup2

Great job so far! Your last installment had me :scared1: that you almost forgot the tickets, almost burnt your house down, and were going to miss you plane. But, by the end I was :rotfl: at your picture of Henry "napping" and the pencil in the plane.

When you mentioned your sunglasses I thought you were going to be like me and arrive in Orlando only to realize that your sunglasses were still on the dash of your car. Yup, my first purchase at Disney was a $20 pair of sunglasses that I didn't like nearly as much as the ones I bought for $5 at WalMart about 2 years ago. :laughing:

Can't wait for more!

Wow...great chapter with fantastic pictures!
I love the idea of your backpack for those special emergencies! We will be driving when we go to Orlando from Texas and this is an absolute must have! My daughter is the queen of the diaper wipes, but having all the other stuff handy sounds like a great idea!
Looking forward to more!!

QUOTE=HeatherSue;25242576]This will be a long chapter because I have to get us to Florida in Chapter 3 in order to keep up with my sister.

We were all excited to be on our way.

Our handsome driver:
5-3-08Henrydriving.jpg

:laughing: Does this man look happy to be going to his "favorite" place or what :confused3 :rotfl2:

I remembered
1.gif

I

forgot

our

2.gif

DISNEY TICKETS!!!!
QUOTE].gif

Oh my goodnessssssss....that is so me! My DH would have yelled the whole way home! :scared1: :scared1:

About 20 minutes into our drive, I heard a cough followed by a "SAWYER!" I turned around to see the those crackers on their second trip to Sawyer's lap (and my mom's arm, and my dad's pants, and the carseat, and his shirt, etc...).

figures...:sad2:
My super-duper, amazing driver of a husband got us to the parking lot in Detroit in 1 1/2 hours from the time we left our house. I have no idea how he did that, seeing as how he is almost a reserve police officer and he followed the speed limit exactly as posted.
1.gif
:rolleyes1
Thank goodness you made it! :banana: :banana:
Hey, I did notice that on your sisters thread...she is actually in the rental car already popcorn:: :laughing: Just kidding~Enjoying the trippie and the details! Keep it coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter