• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dorky Disboutiquing DiserSistas:Destination Disney HeatherSue's(best)version OVER1/27

I love your intro and descriptions! Love the old photos.

And about the circus..... I clearly remember going to Disney World but staying off property in a motel across from a circus. I just thought my memory was bad and I was combining memories of different places. I can't believe there really was a circus there. I recognized it as soon as I saw the elephant pictures. I think I was there in 1974 or 75. I must have been 8 or 9 year old. Wow!:goodvibes

Subscribed!!!:goodvibes I wouldn't miss this marvelous, magical, trip report for anything! :hug: Bring on the customs & trip photos!!!!:love:

:surfweb: made it! This is great...:thumbsup2

Almost forgot...DS4 was sitting on my lap while I was reading...he pointed to you picture and asked me who you were...and I told him you were my "virtual friend" (that is the name my Dad gave all you guys sine you have saved my sanilty with sewing) and he kissed the screen and said "Mommy, I love her." As I continued to read and got to your sister's picture he leaned up and kissed her and said "I love them all Mommy!" Then he said "They love Disney with their kids just like you!"
Oh, I think I love him, too! :lovestruc What a sweetheart!!

Aw, your pre-trip report made me teary, and you know I am not like that. I think it is seeing pictures of you all and remembering that I just saw you all in person. You can't wait three or four more years before coming back, you just can't! I am a weirdo, sorry!

I can't wait for the kids to see it: I'll show it to them when they get home.
:woohoo: I made the woman that doesn't like sappy cry!! I'm thinking I might have to try and make a trip without Henry before 3 years!

Woo Hoo! Me first! Me first! I can't wait!
What's this about you posting before you even read the TR! CHEATER!! :rotfl: But, I'll forgive Tessa's future MIL, just to keep the peace in the family. :thumbsup2

I'm liking your trip report better than mine allready!!!! Here's the linky to mine:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831417
It is odd that I didn't read your description of everyone before writing mine, but they are very close! I was going to add pictures too, but wanted to get it up. I think I'll go do that!
Hey, you've already wrote 2 installments!! I haven't even started a 2nd installment! You little stinker!

I assumed you CASED my descriptions because they are so close! How funny! See, I said we're too much alike!

YEAH!!!!! What a great intro, can't wait to read both sistas versions, this will be so cool.

Yes, but mine will be MUCH cooler. :cool2:

Woohoo!! You started the TR!!

Uh....are those elephants from the now-long-gone Circus World? I remember goig there when I was 4....:rolleyes1
I thought they were Florida elephants, but Teresa says they're Wisconsin elephants! I honestly don't have a clue! So, I'm sure she's right. I just know we have LOTS of pictures of them. But, only 2 pictures of Teresa as a baby, interesting....

I was thinking the SAME THING!!! The elephants must have been @ Circus World. WOW!! I have pics of Circus World too. I got to walk a 2 ft. high tight rope there!!!

You failed to mention in your descriptions that once you meet the famed Diser Sistas you will most likely find your own sister(s) inadequate and want to become one of theirs!!;) As a matter of fact I'm just going to start calling you MY sisters, who will know??

I'm joining the "I can't wait" crowd!:surfweb:
You can be an honorary sister, but I can't promise to love you as much as I love Teresa. ;)

Oh, I remember Circus World!!! So much fun! I always wanted to be picked to do the e flying trapeze!

These pictures are from Wisconsin, they were taken the year my Mom was pregnant with Heather. :lovestruc

How do you remember this stuff?

Hilarious! I'm loving it already. I can't wait until you get to the customs!

Ooops, forgot to mention that I forgot all the customs at home!

:rolleyes: I'm kidding!! But, I had you going there for a second, didn't I?

Lovin' it so far and can't wait to see some pics!!!
What, pics of random strangers from the 70's isn't what you had anticipated? :rotfl:

LOVE it so far! Loved seeing the outfits when they were posted on the Disboutique thread and can't wait to see them in actioN! Yipee!

Thank you!

Love it soooo far... MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry, I think we have several thousand pictures- no kidding!!

So glad y'all had a good time and got home safely!!!

How COOL that your dad was a GM employee!! That is a piece of Michigan history there!!!

Your family is lovely and I just know this is going to be a wonderful report!!

My sister is my best friend too. I wish we lived closer together...but what's 3000 miles between family?

can't wait to hear all about it!!!

(Father Donaghan asked how the "disney family" enjoyed their trip!! I told him to come visit the Disboards and even gave him instructions on how to log on!!:lmao: )

If you're out there, give me a shout-out, Father Donaghan! :rotfl2:

How cool that he knows about us! We talked about you numerous times on our trip. Perfume ninjas, stinky French students, etc...

I can't read one and not the other!

Great start so far! I see the "Sista" had to CASE your trippie intro!

She claims she hadn't read mine yet. I totally believe her. :rolleyes1

subscribing!
HI!

Looks like a lot of the Disboutiqers are here!
I'm so glad you came on over, even though I accidentally snubbed you. :hug:

I love your intro and descriptions! Love the old photos.

And about the circus..... I clearly remember going to Disney World but staying off property in a motel across from a circus. I just thought my memory was bad and I was combining memories of different places. I can't believe there really was a circus there. I recognized it as soon as I saw the elephant pictures. I think I was there in 1974 or 75. I must have been 8 or 9 year old. Wow!

I thought that's where the elephants were from, too! But, they are cheese-fed elephants from Wisconsin.

popcorn:: me next. Can't wait
Love the introductions, can't wait to read and see your trip :)
Checking in! Can't wait for more!
Love the intro and pictures....Can't wait to read more...

Jenny
Cant wait for more =)

You guys mean I have to write MORE????:confused:

I can't read one and not the other! :laughing:

Great start so far! I see the "Sista" had to CASE your trippie intro! ;)

I only CASED the part where I linked back to her siggy, and I stole her pictures. I had the rest written up months ago. We are just oddly similar!

1.)I assumed you CASED my descriptions because they are so close! How funny! See, I said we're too much alike!

2.)I thought they were Florida elephants, but Teresa says they're Wisconsin elephants! I honestly don't have a clue! So, I'm sure she's right. I just know we have LOTS of pictures of them. But, only 2 pictures of Teresa as a baby, interesting....

3.)You can be an honorary sister, but I can't promise to love you as much as I love Teresa. ;)

4.)How do you remember this stuff?

5.)Don't worry, I think we have several thousand pictures- no kidding!!

6.)If you're out there, give me a shout-out, Father Donaghan! :rotfl2:

How cool that he knows about us! We talked about you numerous times on our trip. Perfume ninjas, stinky French students, etc...

7.)She claims she hadn't read mine yet. I totally believe her. :rolleyes1

1.)And here, I thought I though you must have broke into my Google Docs account and CASED MY descriptions!

2.)I just double checked with Mom and yep, those are Baraboo, Wisconsin elephants!

3.):lovestruc
4.)Well, there are LOTS of pictures!!! :rotfl2: Plus, it was a very important year for me!!!
:hug:
5.)Corey has been uploading pictures to Zooomr for over 24 hours! Seriously!
We had three digital cameras in our family and a video camera, plus Dad had his new camera, Mom had a new pink (very cool) camera and we had Photopass! There WILL be PICTURES!! :thumbsup2

6.)Yeah HI!
7.):snooty:

Ahem...may I just say that although I am not a disboutiqu-er, I have the dubious distinction of having been Heather's REAL LIFE next door neighbor, and that Theresa honks at my house every Wednesday night.

That's right, eat your hearts out one and all, I am a IRL friend to the Diser Sistas. You may get to visit with them every 3-4 years at WDW, but I can see them any time I want.
:woohoo:

Nice start Heather. You almost have me motivated to get back to my report. Almost.

:thumbsup2

Just came on from your sister's report. I'm a wannabe boutiquer and am trying to make some customs for our upcoming trip for my girls. Can't wait to hear w/ different accounts of what REALLY happened! ;)

Colleen

Love your pictures so far. ( I love "vintage" Disney Photos)

Can't wait to read more about your trip. I want to know how you all manage to get along for 10 days!
We went on a trip with my parents and we only lasted 4 tension filled days with them. It was a nightmare.

Although your parents look like sweethearts! Mine aren't.:confused3

Part 2: Dumping the Doggies

I made a countdown calendar about a month before we left. This was more for me than the kids because I get so darn excited. I wanted them to get excited with me.
countdowncalendar.jpg

Notice my super-cool magnet collection? I get one every time we go on vacation. What?? Not super-cool?? Okay, I think I've already established that I'm a dork.:snooty:

The kids put stickers on it every morning. It was adorable how excited Tessa and Sawyer got every morning. We'd give each other fives and whoop it up and say "__more days 'til Disney!!!" Sawyer didn't have a clue what we were excited about, but he jumped and whooped right along with us. I must say that I was the one that did most of the dancing and the whooping. This is all part of my "brainwashing the kids to like Disney" Yes, according to Henry, I have been brainwashing them since they were babies to love Disney. I "make" them watch the movies, buy them the toys and the clothes, etc... Come to think of it, HE'S RIGHT!! MUWAHAHAHA!!!!

So, on the morning of May 3, our calendar looked like this:
countdowncalendarfull.jpg

It was time to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided to drive to Detroit on the same day of the flight since Mom and Dad were riding with us and our flight was later in the day. I also prefer my own bed whenever possible (we have the most wonderful, comfy, cloud of a bed). I wanted to take the dogs and the fish to Henry's grandma's house on Friday night so we could just leave in the morning, but he wanted to do it on the way to the airport. So, I let him have his own way. I have to do this on the small things since I get my way most of the time. :cutie: At 10:00am, we drove ALL the way to Mom and Dad's house (next door) and loaded up their stuff. The back of the Tahoe was PACKED with bags, but we managed to squeeze theirs in. They sat on either side of Sawyer's car seat and I sat in the front with 2 fairly obnoxious schnauzers on my lap and a Betta in his tank between my feet. Plus, I had the laptop and a backpack down by my legs somewhere. Yes, I was SO loving this decision to wait until we were on our way to drop off the pets. :crowded: Thankfully, it was only a 25 minute drive to Henry's grandma's house.

We arrived at Grandma Jo's and unloaded the 2 fairly obnoxious dogs (Josie and Pierre) and our pet Betta (who is named Favorite). Favorite wasn't looking so hot, so I wasn't so sure we'd be seeing him in his earthly form again. Jo assured us that if he expired while we were gone, she would do her best to find his twin. A little background on why Grandma Jo is watching our pets: It's Jo's fault that we have Josie. There were miniature schnauzer puppies in the paper one time and she talked us into taking a 2 year old Tessa to "just look at them." Well, I came home with a wiggly little puppy on my lap. Come on, who can "just look at" puppies (besides my sister, who likes cats)? So, I got to potty train Tessa and a puppy at the same time- NOT FUN!!! Tessa was much easier than the puppy, but I digress. We ended up naming Josie after Jo (Josephine), just for spite. Plus, she has to watch our dogs whenever we go out of town. :teeth: But, would you look at these little angels? Who wouldn't LOVE to watch them for 2 weeks?
HolySchnauzers.jpg

The pets were taken care of and we were off to Detroit Metro Airport. Or, so we thought....

Up Next: Misadventures of the Packing Savant

Just came on from your sister's report. I'm a wannabe boutiquer and am trying to make some customs for our upcoming trip for my girls. Can't wait to hear w/ different accounts of what REALLY happened! ;)

Colleen
Hi Colleen! I can't wait to see what you make for your girls!

Ahem...may I just say that although I am not a disboutiqu-er, I have the dubious distinction of having been Heather's REAL LIFE next door neighbor, and that Theresa honks at my house every Wednesday night.

That's right, eat your hearts out one and all, I am a IRL friend to the Diser Sistas. You may get to visit with them every 3-4 years at WDW, but I can see them any time I want.
:woohoo:

Nice start Heather. You almost have me motivated to get back to my report. Almost.

:thumbsup2

Oh yeah folks, she's just that fortunate! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: Glad to have you here, Sarah!

So I do not miss anything.
:wave:

1.)And here, I thought I though you must have broke into my Google Docs account and CASED MY descriptions!

5.)There WILL be PICTURES!! :thumbsup2
1) Thanks for the idea!!! I do have your password...
5) Oh yeah, baby!! There WILL be pictures!!

so far so good sista, i'll be checking in on both of ya.
Thanks for checkin' in!

Love your pictures so far. ( I love "vintage" Disney Photos)

Can't wait to read more about your trip. I want to know how you all manage to get along for 10 days!
We went on a trip with my parents and we only lasted 4 tension filled days with them. It was a nightmare.

Although your parents look like sweethearts! Mine aren't.:confused3

Excuse me? Those aren't vintage Disney pictures! They're ONLY 33 years old or so! Oh, um, I guess they are...

My parents really are wonderful! Henry and I lived in their basement for 6 months while we built one of our houses and they never once got on my nerves. I don't know if they'd say the same thing, but they wouldn't tell us if we did. They really are that sweet!

See that's why, despite how MUCH I want one, we don't have a dog. W/ cats you just leave 2 clean litter boxes and 6 bowls of food out and hit the road!

NO, wait...before the flaming begins, I was teasing my parents live down the street and check in on them for us.

...t.

This is so much fun!!! Your trip report had me laughing out loud!! I'm glad we decided to do this! But, I fear it is true, you do have the best version!

Part 2: Dumping the Doggies

So, on the morning of May 3, our calendar looked like this:
countdowncalendarfull.jpg
How silly that I get all excited just looking at your countdown calendar!!! Ours was NOT so neat! I let the kids make it!

And, I was thinking as I read about who can "just look at puppies without getting one?" ME!!! ME!! and ME!!!! Although, I do think puppies are cute...to look at.. and maybe hold, for a mintue... I miss my kitty....
See that's why, despite how MUCH I want one, we don't have a dog. W/ cats you just leave 2 clean litter boxes and 6 bowls of food out and hit the road!

NO, wait...before the flaming begins, I was teasing my parents live down the street and check in on them for us.

...t.

Oh, thank goodness you added the part about your parents!!! :scared1: I was about to fly back to Florida and smack you upside the head! :rotfl:

countdowncalendar.jpg

Notice my super-cool magnet collection? I get one every time we go on vacation. What?? Not super-cool?? Okay, I think I've already established that I'm a dork.:snooty:

That is way cool HeatherSue!!:cool1: Dorky DISers unite...here's my collection, minus a handful that are MIA with my 2 active boys:rotfl:
FridgeMags2.jpg

I like your collection & other than Mesa:confused: , we've visited similar vacation spots.
It looks like you also wised up & bought the indestructible rubber magnets.:rolleyes1 I learned the hard way on that, because the kids love to play with them.;)

Waiting & looking forward to the next installment!:surfweb: Great TR!!!

This is so much fun!!! Your trip report had me laughing out loud!! I'm glad we decided to do this! But, I fear it is true, you do have the best version!

And, I was thinking as I read about who can "just look at puppies without getting one?" ME!!! ME!! and ME!!!! Although, I do think puppies are cute...to look at.. and maybe hold, for a mintue... I miss my kitty....
Here I was thinking that you had the best version! This is fun, isn't it?

I'm so sorry about good 'ol Foster Tarp. Tessa and I keep singing that song "The cat came back the very next day." Don't give up hope!:hug:

That is way cool HeatherSue!!:cool1: Dorky DISers unite...here's my collection, minus a handful that are MIA with my 2 active boys:rotfl:
FridgeMags2.jpg

I like your collection & other than Mesa:confused: , we've visited similar vacation spots.
It looks like you also wised up & bought the indestructible rubber magnets.:rolleyes1 I learned the hard way on that, because the kids love to play with them.;)

Waiting & looking forward to the next installment!:surfweb: Great TR!!!
Wow, you posted a picture of your magnets just for me! I'm so honored! Where are yours from? I'm having a hard time reading them. We are really too much alike! Mesa is in AZ, outside of Phoenix. That was my first magnet I got when we went out there for my BIL's wedding. My goal is to find a magnet with just the city's name on it, but I couldn't find one for Pittsburg (the cityscape one).

Hey it's my two minute friend! It was great to meet you and I hope I didn't freak you out jumping in front of your stroller to stop you!

Can't wait to read more!

Kristina

Why does your refrigerator look so clean (besides the dorky disney magents, kidding!)? I don't have room on my fridge to even put a countdown calendar!

Your dogs have pee stains above their heads. I want to see customs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter