Does Universal have any deals that compare to Disney's free dining

OP - We are very similar. We also love a vacation that has a lot of value to it. We are big fans of our WDW family of 4 in a Value with Free Dining - such an amazing deal. We were at WDW this August with a FD BB, and booked another for next year, and I have to say that I was disappointed with the price. 8 nights at Pop at the end of August. 5 day tix with Water Parks was $2700. The cheapest room they had at Pop was a Standard Poolview (I wanted just Standard) - We've been at ASSp twice, so I wanted something different. It irks me that Disney now forces you to get either the Waterpark or Hopper option on your ticket to get FD.

My twin boys will now be 12, and I am looking for a similar vacation at Universal as we seem to have outgrown WDW. It seems that the price will be very similar in the end (I am looking at 7 nights at CB with UT 2 day base tix (+2 free days) 1 day at Seaworld and 1 day at Aquatica. The vacation requires a bit more planning, though, to keep it within budget, but it is possible. I think to get the value I want, I will have to carefully plan that 30-minute grocery stop, and look for good deals on QS food we can share. CB looks like a beautiful resort, too, so I'm looking forward to spending more time at our resort. And now that the boys will be 12, being in 2 queen beds (as opposed to the doubles at the Disney Values) will be nice too :)

Good luck with your planning! I just wanted you to know that I 'get' the love of a Value FD family deal :)

OP - We are very similar. We also love a vacation that has a lot of value to it. We are big fans of our WDW family of 4 in a Value with Free Dining - such an amazing deal. We were at WDW this August with a FD BB, and booked another for next year, and I have to say that I was disappointed with the price. 8 nights at Pop at the end of August. 5 day tix with Water Parks was $2700. The cheapest room they had at Pop was a Standard Poolview (I wanted just Standard) - We've been at ASSp twice, so I wanted something different. It irks me that Disney now forces you to get either the Waterpark or Hopper option on your ticket to get FD.

My twin boys will now be 12, and I am looking for a similar vacation at Universal as we seem to have outgrown WDW. It seems that the price will be very similar in the end (I am looking at 7 nights at CB with UT 2 day base tix (+2 free days) 1 day at Seaworld and 1 day at Aquatica. The vacation requires a bit more planning, though, to keep it within budget, but it is possible. I think to get the value I want, I will have to carefully plan that 30-minute grocery stop, and look for good deals on QS food we can share. CB looks like a beautiful resort, too, so I'm looking forward to spending more time at our resort. And now that the boys will be 12, being in 2 queen beds (as opposed to the doubles at the Disney Values) will be nice too :)

Good luck with your planning! I just wanted you to know that I 'get' the love of a Value FD family deal :)
Have you looked into the 14 day Orlando Flex Tickets? Not sure if they are more than the few days you have planned at each of the parks but they are a great deal for longer stays.

It actually works out to be a few hundred more to get the Flex Tickets (I think around $300 total?) Although it would be nice to ride Hogwarts Express, my boys aren't huge HP fans, so it's not a big deal to not have the hoppers.

I will be very sad to cancel that WDW FD BB vacation. Part because I love how easy a WDW vacation is, but also sad that it doesn't seem so long ago that I was planning my boys' first trip (when they were 7).

I have a feeling we will all love Universal and CB though!

I kind of figured for only a few days, it wasn't worth it. I'm looking at purchasing one 14 day Orlando Flex ticket and a 14 day Sea World and Aquatica tickets to go with my 7 day Univeral Ticket that I have had for quite a few years. I'm hoping I can upgrade it to an AP so that we have more options.

I kind of figured for only a few days, it wasn't worth it. I'm looking at purchasing one 14 day Orlando Flex ticket and a 14 day Sea World and Aquatica tickets to go with my 7 day Univeral Ticket that I have had for quite a few years. I'm hoping I can upgrade it to an AP so that we have more options.

It only takes 4 days to make an AP worth it at Universal. That could become an AP and then some.

As for Sea World, check out their gate prices. I believe a day is 80 or so... A year is 100. The only place that even thinks about making 14 days the threshold for AP viability is Disney. I am an annual pass holder at both Universal and Sea World thanks to the trip I took this July, and that's only because I wanted to go to Sea World twice on two different days, and my convention hotel was a Sea World Partner hotel, so I got free FOTL from them. Easy Peasy.

I will look into those options, but I know I will not be returning within the year. 14 nights is what I always do for vacation time.

Yeah, I'm not sure what all is included in the Orlando Flex, but I don't even think they sell 14-day Sea World tickets. Look at the website for that one, for sure.

As for Universal, the most days you can do is 4, and then you're upgrading to a Preferred annual pass already. Whether or not you will go again, you'll save money on your hotel if you're at an on-site hotel, and you'll get discounts on all your food. Plus, free parking at Citywalk! If you're there during non-blockout dates, you should do the math on whether the power pass or the preferred annual pass (with all of the discounts) is better. Your math probably differs from mine.

Yeah, I'm not sure what all is included in the Orlando Flex, but I don't even think they sell 14-day Sea World tickets. Look at the website for that one, for sure.

As for Universal, the most days you can do is 4, and then you're upgrading to a Preferred annual pass already. Whether or not you will go again, you'll save money on your hotel if you're at an on-site hotel, and you'll get discounts on all your food. Plus, free parking at Citywalk! If you're there during non-blockout dates, you should do the math on whether the power pass or the preferred annual pass (with all of the discounts) is better. Your math probably differs from mine.

There is also the 14 day, three park unlimited ticket. It doesn't have blackouts.

For me, I'm not sure how they are going to handle my ticket. I called and the TM said they can't answer if I can upgrade it to an AP as it's an old AirMiles ticket good for 7 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter