Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The distance of the walkway around the lagoon in a full circle is actually just shy of 1.3 miles (measure in at 1.25something).

You may have better luck getting answers if you open a new thread and don't just post on an old one.

Cool Deal! Thank you Pirategirl007! They say the average person walks about 8 miles while visiting WDW. Not sure if that's true or not. I appreciate your quick reply.

Brunette:wizard:

The wonders of life pavilon is a black eye for epcot.The eo thing is a repackaged 80's attraction.I would like to see it again but I would like to see something new too. Epcot reminds me of a mall that had some stores close and they just can't get a new store to fill in for the closed one. I like epcot but i am just not sure how many more vacant attractions they can afford to have!

hubby Nebo and I were just talking about this today. Epcot used to be our fav. park.. now it seems there is less and less to do there.
wonders of Life.. what a GREAT topic.. so MANY possiblities!! the Topic of IMAGINATION... you could go anywhere with that one!!
and even though I loved the redo of Universe of Energy, with Ellen, eventhat's getting old. another one we skip.
less and less to do, and yet the price goes up.
such a shame...

I've talked to CM's who have been on the job for 10 years or more and they all say that guests are now far more entitled, demanding and just plain easily angered then they used to be.

guests are more demanding because they are paying a fortune for sub-par services and goods.

The wonders of life pavilon is a black eye for epcot.The eo thing is a repackaged 80's attraction.I would like to see it again but I would like to see something new too. Epcot reminds me of a mall that had some stores close and they just can't get a new store to fill in for the closed one. I like epcot but i am just not sure how many more vacant attractions they can afford to have!

I totally agree.

guests are more demanding because they are paying a fortune for sub-par services and goods.

I totally agree with this, too.

The more you spend, the more you expect. When you spend more and get less, there will always be problems.

Just look at it logically.

Major premise- Disney has cut back hours, food quality, attractions, maintenance and Cast Members.
Minor premise- Disney has increased ticket prices.
Minor premise- When paying more, many people expect to receive the same or more for their money.
Therefore, many people expect to receive the same or more for their money and are disappointed as they see more and more cutbacks.

For me, what shows that this is true is how long this thread has been going. People still want to add to it. Furthermore, the mods have left it up. Maybe they are hoping Disney execs will see it and finally realize they could lose their fan base one by one if they keep up. It is like shuffleboard, you can push a person more and more and they can stay on for awhile, but once you push someone over the edge, game over.

Most of us are still on the "board" but we can't deny we are feeling the push.

I think its gone abit 'stale' over the last few years because there hasn't been a great deal of competition. Don't get me wrong i love WDW to bits but i feel nothing really has changed for example i love EPCOT with a passion and i feel it needs something to ignite the park.

I CAN'T STAND THOSE ANNOYING BRAZILIAN TOURIST GROUPS!!!

Its exciting just now with all the attention on Harry Potter at IOA and the new fantasy area at MK.

Don't shoot the messenger.

DH got his hands on the press-release copy of the Unoffical Guide to WDW 2011. Too many are saying the same thing......I have to agree with the following...sorry it's so long......

Quote:

In the era of ever-shrinking margins, we understand that Disney needs to continually find ways to increase profits, especially with the theme parks constituting a large share of Disney's operating revenue. When things go south for corporate Disney, it's always the theme parks and we, the guests, who are burdened with making up the shortfall.

To put increases in perspective, Disney's price hikes have far outpaced those in almost every other sector of the US economy. For example, the price of a one-day, one-park ticket has jumped more than 44%, and the price of a child's four-day Park Hopper has increased 39%. In comparison, the hourly wage of the average American worker has risen only 14%, and consumer prices have increased only 9% during the same period.

Disney seems to be employing an "all the market can bear pricing strategy that has become substantially more aggressive in the past few years. We think they'll probably continue to boost prices aggressively until there's an angry backlash and attendance starts to decline. If this happens, Disney will loose more in hotel, food-and-beverage, and retail revenue than it will gain from higher admission prices.

Disney his hoping that guests will regard the increases in admission rices as relatively minor compared with the cost of the WDW vacation overall. No matter how you shake it up, however, the runaway price hikes leave a bad taste in your mouth. Walt Disney World was not conceived as an exclusive playground for the rich".

AMEN Unofficial Guide 2011

DH got his hands on the press-release copy of the Unoffical Guide to WDW 2011. Too many are saying the same thing......I have to agree with the following...sorry it's so long......

Quote:

In the era of ever-shrinking margins, we understand that Disney needs to continually find ways to increase profits, especially with the theme parks constituting a large share of Disney's operating revenue. When things go south for corporate Disney, it's always the theme parks and we, the guests, who are burdened with making up the shortfall.

To put increases in perspective, Disney's price hikes have far outpaced those in almost every other sector of the US economy. For example, the price of a one-day, one-park ticket has jumped more than 44%, and the price of a child's four-day Park Hopper has increased 39%. In comparison, the hourly wage of the average American worker has risen only 14%, and consumer prices have increased only 9% during the same period.

Disney seems to be employing an "all the market can bear pricing strategy that has become substantially more aggressive in the past few years. We think they'll probably continue to boost prices aggressively until there's an angry backlash and attendance starts to decline. If this happens, Disney will loose more in hotel, food-and-beverage, and retail revenue than it will gain from higher admission prices.

Disney his hoping that guests will regard the increases in admission rices as relatively minor compared with the cost of the WDW vacation overall. No matter how you shake it up, however, the runaway price hikes leave a bad taste in your mouth. Walt Disney World was not conceived as an exclusive playground for the rich".

Thank you for posting.
It is good to know that we are not the only ones on this thread thinking this way.

:confused:

Quote:

It surprises me that the UG would print this but good for them! Hopefully the Disney execs will pull their heads out of their respective rear ends and pay attention.

This is what I like best about the UOG. They pull no punches and say what they think. In this case, I definitely agree.

I have looked over this thread briefly. I have been a long time fan of Disney, I have been a frequent visitor since I was a child in the early 80's. When I had children in the 90's the era of AP ownership began, we were a family 2 adults and 2 kids for many years. At this time I believe AP's were around $300 a piece. Fast forward to 2010 as I work on our summer vaca for 2011, keep in mind these are price estimates with a DVC discount. Adult reg AP $411, thats a $100 discount ($200 price increase) the AP with water parks is somewhere in the neighborhood of $540 (with DVC discount).

I don't know what most disney lovers do for a living but as an RN I can promise you my income has by no means increased at anywhere near the rate DIsney pass prices have.

We did invest in DVC in 1999. At that time I believe it was $63 per point at the BWV's. What is BLT and SSR going for, $112-120 per point?

We still love Disney and we still continue going but I find my rosey colored glasses are not quite so rosey anymore. We now only get AP's ever 2 years vs renewal every year. We are finding more affordable family vacations and I ahven't heard any complaining from my group.

The food is another story. It is hit or miss I have always found it to be that way. I do believe the dining plan has effected food quality. Several people have discussed DIsney trying to make us eat healthy, I disagree totally, Disney is concerned with the health of their bank accounts and those of their shareholders. Case in point, the regualr dining plan, no longer is the appetizer included, dessert only. Why not give the consumer a choice of appetizer or dessert, desserts are cheaper to make and easier to produce in mass quanitity.

Until Disney feels the publics dissatisfaction where it counts the trends will continue.

I have looked over this thread briefly. I have been a long time fan of Disney, I have been a frequent visitor since I was a child in the early 80's. When I had children in the 90's the era of AP ownership began, we were a family 2 adults and 2 kids for many years. At this time I believe AP's were around $300 a piece. Fast forward to 2010 as I work on our summer vaca for 2011, keep in mind these are price estimates with a DVC discount. Adult reg AP $411, thats a $100 discount ($200 price increase) the AP with water parks is somewhere in the neighborhood of $540 (with DVC discount).

I don't know what most disney lovers do for a living but as an RN I can promise you my income has by no means increased at anywhere near the rate DIsney pass prices have.

We did invest in DVC in 1999. At that time I believe it was $63 per point at the BWV's. What is BLT and SSR going for, $112-120 per point?

We still love Disney and we still continue going but I find my rosey colored glasses are not quite so rosey anymore. We now only get AP's ever 2 years vs renewal every year. We are finding more affordable family vacations and I ahven't heard any complaining from my group.

The food is another story. It is hit or miss I have always found it to be that way. I do believe the dining plan has effected food quality. Several people have discussed DIsney trying to make us eat healthy, I disagree totally, Disney is concerned with the health of their bank accounts and those of their shareholders. Case in point, the regualr dining plan, no longer is the appetizer included, dessert only. Why not give the consumer a choice of appetizer or dessert, desserts are cheaper to make and easier to produce in mass quanitity.

Until Disney feels the publics dissatisfaction where it counts the trends will continue.

SnowWitch ..

I lost my rose colored glasses a few winters ago. I'm sorry for everyone when it happens.

You have said what many are thinking here....Thank you.

Quote:

Ouch

Quote:

On an unrelated topic: The English teacher in me is cringing at this text - you might want to let them know of the following errors that I have bolded above (should be: lose, is, rise, to, a). Despite the fact that this might be true, they lose all credibility with me with errors such as this.

Thanks for posting - it's an interesting summation of what has been happening at Disney as of late.

Tiger :)

On an unrelated topic: The English teacher in me is cringing at this text - you might want to let them know of the following errors that I have bolded above (should be: lose, is, rise, to, a). Despite the fact that this might be true, they lose all credibility with me with errors such as this.

Thanks for posting - it's an interesting summation of what has been happening at Disney as of late.

Tiger :)

It's a good thing I have never lost sleep over a typo on the DIS!!!!!!! Hahaha

Just back second year in a row and 4 in total. The title of this thread is has Disney gone down hill in the last few years and I say the answer is a definite NO! I think people that make such comments are looking for something to complain about because if are looking to pick at every little thing you will find it anywhere. I think you have issues if you can't have the time of your life at Disney and should not return.

As far as this pricing comment from UG states for the price we paid for 4 that includes two children you can't go anywhere and get what you get at Disney. All of these islands are more expensive and what are the kids going to do there plus Disney is offering discounts everywhere. I have a good job but wife stays home with kids its called saving for trips like these. The price they charge for everything that is at the park from fireworks to details and themes of rides and all of the costs involved in running them and staffing which they sure do not cut back on from what we saw even in low season. What should they do take a loss give it away its still a business. These six flags parks are not much cheaper:rolleyes1

UG should be careful of biting the hand that feeds them:sad2:

It's a good thing I have never lost sleep over a typo on the DIS!!!!!!! Hahaha

Honestly, spelling errors on the DIS aren't a problem for me - it's made up of real people who type fast, may have spelliing issues, etc.

A professional publisher is another story. I have found many errors with the Unofficial Guide, as well as Touring Plans. It bothers me as it's going out to the general public - they are charging money for a product that has not been properly edited.

I just figured that someone should point out the errors to them.

Thanks for posting that info though, Tiger :)

Quote:

Bravo,bravo,the unofficial guide is spot on!!! Some blatant honesty from an outside source with no reason to be biased! Love the playground for the rich part.I sure hope Iger and company pick up a copy!!

Bravo,bravo,the unofficial guide is spot on!!! Some blatant honesty from an outside source with no reason to be biased! Love the playground for the rich part.I sure hope Iger and company pick up a copy!!

But do they care?:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter