Do you spend more time at the parks or at the campground?

ChristusG

DIS Veteran
I grew up going to the fort and we always spent more time in the campground than in the parks.

Now that I've got my own family, we had been staying yearly at the Pop Century because we didnt own a camper yet. And we would barely spend any time at our hotel, except for the occasional swim or something.

Now we finally have a camper. And we have our week-long trip planned for October. And I'm factoring in more resort time because it is nice to just hang out at the campground.

Do you factor in more resort time since you are not staying at a hotel?

We usually hang out at The Fort and do 1 special event night at MK.

Yep, more time at the campground when we stay there!!!

the last 2 times we have gone, we rush around to all the parks and always wish we had more time at the fort. This year we scheduled more time, so we hope to have a lot of down time at the fort. Its just so much more relaxing that way!:goodvibes

Last trip: 8 days total, 3 days in the parks.

:santa:

Last time we went we gave the kids the option on the last day , parks or fort - They chose the fort!! This time we have only planned a few days in the park and more time in the fort !

I going to spend most of our time in the parks. As much as the idea of torturing my kids has merit, I can't see going all that way and not taking them to the parks as much as possible.

what parks? they had the one by 300 loop closed for renovations, so we stayed by the camper most of last trip.

I going to spend most of our time in the parks. As much as the idea of torturing my kids has merit, I can't see going all that way and not taking them to the parks as much as possible.

:)I plan on spending most of my time at the parks, for the same reasons. We'll be traveling 1500 miles to get there. I think we will have more down time as far as going to the park in the morning, come back to the camper for lunch, instead of restaurant or counter service in the park, let our little one take a nap, during this time my wife or I can bring the other kids to the pool. then go back to the park until close and have supper at the camper, then relax . I have set a couple of days aside to just relax at the fort, maybe hit a park for a few hours, that kind of thing.

We spent 8 nights at the Fort, and we did a park everyday all day. We spent very little time at the Fort, just to sleep...BUT, next year, I plan on going again and spending some time in the FORT.

We spent 8 nights at the Fort, and we did a park everyday all day. We spent very little time at the Fort, just to sleep...BUT, next year, I plan on going again and spending some time in the FORT.

Thats how we did it in the past. Now we are a little more relaxed and we stay longer.

Our first time at the fort was last June. It was my boys first Disney trip so we were at the parks all day everyday. We saw the pool once and never caught a campfire.
This year we will be there for 9 days and have a couple of days set aside to enjoy it... If I can pull the boys away from the parks. It definitely won't be a problem for DH. He begged everyday to stay and relax at the camper.

We spend most of our time at the Fort but this year we are checking into passes to just the water parks.

We basically just sleep at the Fort. I've always wanted to spend more time at FW, but the draw of the parks is just too strong!

We choose to come nearly every year for about a week but only spend 2-3 days in the parks. More days in the parks = not coming every year.

Besides, I come for the Fort more than anything else. :goodvibes

Bama ED

WOW!
To all you moms and dads that
pack up your families,
trek to Disney,
set up,
clean up ,
cook....
HOW do you relax???? It sounds like so much WORK to me:rotfl2: When I go on vacation I want to eat out, not make beds and RELAX.....:lovestruc
I always thought we'd try a camper, but we never have.....it always sounds like such a fun family bonding time but I guess it just never worked out for us....

I am just amazed at how many families camp, I really think its great actually. My parents went cross country and up to Alaska in a HUGE rv years back, a 3 1/2 month trek and LOVED every minute of it (though mom said they stayed at hotels just to change it up at least 2 times a month), they were also with friends at the time....

So again, WOW to all you supermoms and dads...CAMP ON!! :wizard:

We plan to be there for 5 nights, but we only plan to go to Disney parks for 2 days. We want to do seaworld too.

a1tinkfans, we camp about every other weekend if we can. someone once asked me why we camped and this was my answer:

I guess it really brings me back to a simpler time. Peoples live’s have gotten so busy that they have forgotten about the simple things in life. When I was young neighbors knew neighbors and a neighborhood was more than a place where your house stands. People actually talked to each other and sometimes even had a bar-b-que. Now it seems like people go to work when its dawn and get home when its dusk and then play catchup on the weekends. This lifestyle has led us to an entire generation that will never know the simple things in life.

I must admit, we live one of those lifestyles…busy, busy, busy. However, we have found our peephole to the past in camping. As soon as you pull into the park you get that feeling of a mid 1960-70’s night. Kids playing on bicycles, families having dinner together and people being just down right neighborly. We really didn’t do much this weekend, but enjoyed the simple things. We WALKED to the playground, we played kickball with the kids, we even chased a frog. We had a campfire, we grilled out and we even met some of our neighbors and fellow campers. We took long walks and watched our kids ride there bikes, well Owen sort of pushed his. Camping is more than a retreat for us, its like a step back in time. It allows my boys to experience a world as it used to be, where kids could play freely without all the turmoil’s of life and it allows me to step back to a place I thought was long gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter