• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have any unusual fears?

Randi

<font color=purple>Don't you dare dangle my meat i
Mine is open flames :confused3.

I won't have lit candles in the house, have a fireplace, or a gas stove.

I was in my 20's before I even lit a match & that was to light the candle on my son's birthday cake which we blew out immediately!

So share if you'd like, you're among friends, we won't tell :wave2:

Losing my teeth/teeth falling out. I don't know why. But it just weirds me all the way out. I have a pretty busted grill. But all the teeth are there lol.

Ladybugs freak me out! There could be one on you and you wouldn't even know it. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Helium tanks for balloons and lighting a gas grill. I'm afraid they're going to explode in my face. :eek:

Snakes! :eek: I'd run screaming into heavy traffic to get away from one. Okay...I realize a terrible fear of snakes isn't "unusual" but my reaction to them has been (according to my family) in the past.

My old and new tags reference it. Lobsters. Did a year in therapy. No offense to my therapist but I'm still carrying the lobster phobia.

Butterflies. Had a bad experience in a Six Flags butterfly exhibit and it's stuck with me ever since.

Butterflies. Had a bad experience in a Six Flags butterfly exhibit and it's stuck with me ever since.

I also hate butterflies. For no good reason. Really I don't like any kind of bug. Flies, ladybugs, butterflies, caterpillars. Just gross me out.

A little girl at my work is TERRIFIED of identical twins. She had to switch out of one of our classes because these two little twin boys switched in. It was odd.

I also hate butterflies. For no good reason. Really I don't like any kind of bug. Flies, ladybugs, butterflies, caterpillars. Just gross me out.

A little girl at my work is TERRIFIED of identical twins. She had to switch out of one of our classes because these two little twin boys switched in. It was odd.

My dd has been afraid of butterflies her whole life. She's not overly fond of ladybugs, either. When we did the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, my family opted out of the ladybug release so she could enjoy the tour without doing the ladybug part. BTW, she LOVED the tour!

I'm afraid of rodents people commonly have as pets----hamsters, rats, gerbils.

Interesting to see all the people afraid of insects. Our 28 year old daughter is an Entomologist. She has had a love of insects since she was 3 years old when the 17-year cicadas were out. She would have them in her pockets and in every container she could find. Thankfully, I have no fear of insects or it would have been a real problem.

I am afraid of flying - really afraid. 60 years old and I have never, ever flown. People say to take drugs or to have a drink, but I still have to get on the airplane.

Dead things. I freak out at the sight of whole fish on a plate or a dead bird on a sidewalk.

Ladybugs freak me out! There could be one on you and you wouldn't even know it. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

.....ohhhhh:sad1: ....I LOVE ladybugs. In fact, they are the ONLY bug that I don't freak out over if one lands on me....

I have a phobia with regards to the games "musical chairs" and "hot potato".

In the past I would need to leave the room while those games were going on. Now I just have to turn my back.

Taking my 3 kids when they were small to birthday parties was torture!! LOL!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter