Do you have any unusual fears?

i'm scared of "thrillrides", where is the thrill in being petrified?! :confused3

the first time we visited wdw, we did no planning-were complete newbies,and in mk the cm told us splash mountain was a fun, gentle, but wet ride.

as it was 90°+, i thought, don't mind being wet. however i was not in anyway prepared for the drops, am extremely shortsighted and removed my perscription sunglasses in anticipation of being wet-so had no idea of the apparent nice theming or when it was going to be over.

we bought the photo as mine and ds faces are hilarious, but at the time i was not laughing :rotfl2:

as we're sharing, i have to put socks on my feet in a certain order; always left foot first. i have sports socks with "l" and "r" stitched on, and if i pick up "r" first, it's not happening! :rotfl:

Well, the usual. Snakes, spiders, bugs, small spaces. Spiders especially. *shudder* Most bugs give me the willies but I love ladybugs for some reason.

I guess the closest I come to having an unusual fear would be of bones breaking. Just the thought of it makes me feel like I want to faint. When I'm watching a movie or tv, I can handle people being shot/stabbed what have you, but when someone bends limbs back to break them or does the neck snapping thing :scared:, I totally freak out. I hate it.

Owls creep me out. Family and coworkers love to make fun of me. Someone even threatened to bring a Furby to work one day. Ick....stupid Furbys are creepy and they look like owls! :scared:

The only owl that doesn't scare me is the Tootsie Roll owl. Go figure! :rolleyes:

diznee25

Fish and cockroaches. I can't look at fish or be in the water with them without getting the chills and the shakes. And don't get me started on dead fish. DH bought our kids a little beta fish last year and I was obsessed with feeding it so it wouldn't die and float at the top. That was a nightmare to me!

I am also terrified of cockroaches. Here in TX we occasionally get them in the house and I completely freak out when I see one. DH and the kids know that if they hear a random scream from me it's because I saw a cockroach. If one is in the house when DH is gone, I put a box over it to keep it still and then he takes care of it when he gets home. My kids think I'm nuts for getting so freaked out. In fact, my 8 year old daughter has smacked a few with her shoe for me because she thinks it's "so ridiculous" to put a box over them instead of killing it myself. I don't know what it is about them, but they just really gross me out!

Fish. I can't stand to look at them unless they are teeny tiny pretty fish. And god help me if I'm swimming in a pond and one brushes up against me! I gag when I see them. I have to face away from them if there is a fish tank at restaurants.

I guess the closest I come to having an unusual fear would be of bones breaking. Just the thought of it makes me feel like I want to faint. When I'm watching a movie or tv, I can handle people being shot/stabbed what have you, but when someone bends limbs back to break them or does the neck snapping thing :scared:, I totally freak out. I hate it.

While it is not a phobia of mine, if I never hear another bone breaking it will be too soon.

When DD#2 was 4 years old, she fractured her arm and it had to be set. I was given NO WARNING!!! The orthopedist took her arm and snapped the bones back into place. :scared1:

DD#2 hit the ceiling and I hit the floor!!

I'm the goddess of irrational fears!

I have a crippling fear of zombies. It's embarrassing. Not slow walking zombies, but those fast runner types. Dawn of the Dead 2004 edition sealed the deal for me.

I start thinking... if zombies attacked right now, what would I do? How would I keep the kids quiet? I couldn't. Then I end up picturing them getting bit and screaming for help, but alas, I'm too late. Then I progress and think that if I got bitten, what if I was the zombie eating them?! And they're all 'why are you doing this mom?!' and crying and wondering why the mom they love and trust is hurting them....

DON'T JUDGE ME :headache:

Frogs. Especially the moist looking ones that almost have kind of a transparent skin. They're such unpredictable little buggers.

The other is the ocean. I don't want any sharks, barracudas, etc....to come and nibble on me!!!! :scared:

Wendy31 said:
China Dolls.

It's their faces! I could never go to sleep if there was a china doll in the room... just thinking about the doll staring at me as I slept!

Snakes & lizards, but I'm okay w/ them if they're outside & I see them first. I have a fear of suddenly coming up on one or stepping on one.

I'm especially scared to death of finding either one in our house. We've never had a snake in our house (thank the Lord!), but I can't go to the bathroom at night w/o turning on the light. I'm not scared of the dark - I'm afraid a snake will be curled up in the bottom of the toilet, so I have to check. When I'm getting in the shower, I also check along the top of the shower to make sure there's not a snake lying along the top - that would absolutely awful - having a snake fall on me while I'm naked! I also can't sleep w/ my arm or hand hanging off the bed - I'm afraid a snake will slither up on me from the floor. I'm also afraid to get into the corners of closets... if I were a snake, that's where I'd hide.

Once I had a pile of clean laundry in the floor of our bedroom. The kids & I were getting ready for school, & DH was already at work - an hour away. I picked up a shirt from the pile of laundry, & 1/2 of a dead lizard fell at my feet. I. FREAKED. OUT. I called DH - crying - & asked if he would come get it. Of course, he couldn't leave a work to come pick up a DEAD lizard; plus, he was an hour away. He laughed at me. So I got our older DS to get bunches of toilet paper (I couldn't let him touch it w/ his bare hands!) to pick it up & throw it away - outside, all the way at the back of our yard. Then, bless his heart, he looked through the rest of the laundry trying to find the rest of the lizard. We never found it. I worried about coming across the other 1/2 for many weeks.

OMG!!! I thought I was the only person in the world afraid of those creepy things!!!! They freak me the heck out!!!

I'm terrified of frogs too!! See my tag, lol. They just scare me, I know they can't hurt me but when I see one, all rational thought leaves me and I'm scrambling on top of the nearest table (or chair...or car...etc.)

June bugs. Those things fly at ya and there legs latch to your hair. All the screaming, stamping, and violently shaking your head will get them out. Creepiest feeling ever!

China Dolls. I won't go in a store that has them displayed.

Owls creep me out.

You'd have loved this! DH had a co-worker a few years back that was HUGE and had played college football. Nothing wimpy 'bout this guy at all. They both got called into the plant where they worked on an emergency in the middle of the night. The plant has an area behind it that is marshy with snakes and alligators (this is in FL). They used a golf cart to navigate the plant and at one point had to drive it out back. DH said it was *really dark* and just as they were nearing the spot they needed to be, something big screeched and flew directly toward them in the dark. The ex football player fainted!!! Turned out to be a very large owl. :rotfl:

Helium tanks for balloons and lighting a gas grill. I'm afraid they're going to explode in my face. :eek:

The gas grill I understand. Helium however is not flammable. Like others, I hate snakes, but oddly enough don't mind spiders a bit - this despite a near infestation of brown recluses in my warehouse.

Fish and cockroaches. I can't look at fish or be in the water with them without getting the chills and the shakes. And don't get me started on dead fish. DH bought our kids a little beta fish last year and I was obsessed with feeding it so it wouldn't die and float at the top. That was a nightmare to me!

I am also terrified of cockroaches. Here in TX we occasionally get them in the house and I completely freak out when I see one. DH and the kids know that if they hear a random scream from me it's because I saw a cockroach. If one is in the house when DH is gone, I put a box over it to keep it still and then he takes care of it when he gets home. My kids think I'm nuts for getting so freaked out. In fact, my 8 year old daughter has smacked a few with her shoe for me because she thinks it's "so ridiculous" to put a box over them instead of killing it myself. I don't know what it is about them, but they just really gross me out!

My college roommate hated roaches so much that she couldn't even say the word, she'd call them Rs. We had a good time with that!:rolleyes:

I have another one, and this one is really irrational!!! I absolutely cannot bear the thought of opening up those Pillsbury biscuits in the packaging that you have to peel the wrapper, and then press a spoon into the crevice to get it to POP open. The anticipation it popping to open it gets me every time! :lmao:

I say I have the most unusual fear ever...it's from when I was a kid and it still is there somewhat today...

When I was 4 I viewed the Wizard of Oz for the first time. I was fine and dandy until the green witch came out in Munchkinland. I took off out of the room screaming and never returned. I could not watch that movie in the dark until I was about 10 years old. This day, I still can't watch that movie without my skin crawling at the sight of the witch.

Ironically enough now I love the musical Wicked and have met the cast members who played the role and they all get a kick out of the story. I won't say that seeing the green witch onstage doesn't get me time to time, but through Wicked I have grown to love that evil witch. ;)

I don't think mine are that uncommon, unsecured open spaces. Like standing on the side of a mountain without a guard rail, or walking up or down stairs that you can see through or don't have a handrail. DH has to walk in front of me so that I can hold on to his shoulder and keep my head down.
The other is water over about waist deep. My older sister says the first time they took me to the beach the sand washing out from under my feet really scared me. I'm the only one in my family who can't swim. Even getting water on my face in the shower chokes me.
Okay maybe I am uncommon !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter